**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Which element of the game most motivates you to play?

This isn't for market research, (we already have that) this is purely my curiosity. The Community Team has big plans for creating new and exciting ways for the community to engage, I think knowing why people play can definitely help us cater that content!

So, which of these motivates you most?

Which element of the game most motivates you to play? 323 votes

Adding to and upgrading your champion roster - Moar Powah!
34%
DrZolaBitterSteelFeuerschwerJadedThe_PushLuk3mZFeeney234IrakliHenrytfu_41adramelchFoxhero007Cat_MurdockcaptaincushDarth_StewieTheCipecfpreludeSandeepSdocu3Amir447IamTryingMyBest 112 votes
Alliance-driven content (AW, AQ) - All for one and one for all!
3%
pseudosaneKibble001VernThoye3ArifuteraSaltygoodnessLeoZedTheGodfather39FerahgoBurrito2525FunnyDude 11 votes
Overcoming challenging end-game content - I'mma brag to my friends!
13%
Erza_ScarletHorror_punkbenshbIlluminantFrankWhitePwf57blackdragonightSceptilemaniacTotal_Domin01GarloKiptonadeBrokenRepto23Ackbar67Grootman1294Samanyu_8JustagameRockyshockyIKONIvarTheBoneless 42 votes
Rewards, rewards, rewards - Gimme that loot!
22%
SiliyoCristalmanMongoPawnTendersquadheruheru511zuffyJazz_MessengerBlackPhoenix44RodrigoVillarYoMovesCropDustercausticSyndicatedRasiloveryuwRaikisDRTOLarsEdison1808Saske97redsoxpatsfan89 74 votes
The writing - Story content and monthly Meta Events!
2%
TristanFloorKillerGrudge_IgorKoopaKrusherAsim38benhunchoAdjeriuswillrun4adonut 8 votes
Monthly updates - New Champs, Monthly Meta Events and Side Quests!
9%
DrenlinTerraCrusaderjrSw0rdMasterCassyNEXTONGustavo20Obsidiman_JonesSummonerNRSmokieisgodSeenkButtehrsWordunkenSuros_moonCaptain_Pug30Blackshadow0203Toyota_2015RocketWafflehoundogακιNamesaken_1 30 votes
New game modes (Battlegrounds, etc.) - Give me something brand new!
6%
World EaterRaganatorteradanyWorknprogressTijjy007cookiedealerMaxus7PikoluMattstafariK00shMaanHera1d_of_Ga1actusFiiNCHMasaraksh1TrashPanda12The_Sentry06cheese21Dark_hoodsTopgunrulesTnkeesmanBluCitizen 22 votes
Other - Tell me more!
7%
GroundedWisdomCrys23HeraldofNonephillgreenSundance_2099ThecurlerLilMaddogHTGreatLLiss_Bliss_Lovejoy72Denzel116MaxGamingtfdrp2Amazing_Demon05laserjohn26UvoginIronman3000GiuliameijTrapKill66TheBair123 24 votes

Comments

• Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
    This is the option I resonate the most with, closely followed by Monthly updates.

I play the game because I love Marvel champions. I love to see Kabam’s interpretation of champion design, abilities, animations, VFX, synergies and skins. Believe it or not I once submitted a ticket because Goldpool’s eye colour was bugged!

Designing a champion is close to me personally because a lot of the tools used to design them are the same tools I use in my day to day life: creativity, problem-solving, numbers, testing, QA, etc. And at the end of it Kabam puts a toy in my hands that enables me to interact with the Marvel universe that I love, in a way that no other game can match.

So yeah, champion kits and design for me.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    Other - Tell me more!
    For me, it's a combination of things. Of course there's my Ally and the relationships I built. There's also the Champion-chasing and monthly new content. Plus, I take my time and always have something to work on. I love the design, I love the game, a mixture of things, really. Plus the staff ain't half bad. ;)
  • Options
    Foster04Foster04 Posts: 90
    edited August 2022
    Would have voted for monthly champions and events but it takes so long to target someone you want, especially if theyre new, so I lose interest.
    The buffs getting worse didn't help either.
  • Options
    TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    edited August 2022
    Between rewards and getting new champs which is kinda the rewards to, for example incursions might be the most fun game mode for me, but I rarely do it because rewards are totally outdated.
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    Has to be this one. Especially this year where nearly all the champions that have come out this year are incredible and very fun to play. Like rintrah a he is probably my top3 favorite champion currently.

Close second would be alliance play. But more the comradeship then the actual modes themselves.
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,408 ★★★★★
    I need that looooooot
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,408 ★★★★★
    A close second is the monthly updates still waiting on Zemo ;)
  • Options
    TrapKill66TrapKill66 Posts: 96
    Other - Tell me more!
    Other (several):

-Arenas - seems to be notably missing from the list of options
    -Always hunting rank up materials.
    -And I'm not quite there yet, but am looking forward to the challenging end game content.
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    I’ve been a little less motivated with alliance content, and I’ve left my alliance recently. Maybe an overhaul of AQ/ reward update of AW? 🤔

For me it’s just opening new champs and bringing them around everywhere for days. When I first opened a 5* nimrod way back, i took him against that 6.4.1 Deadpool about 20 times a day just to watch that special 2 shock damage 🤤
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Getting champs ranked up is my main goal. So that includes alliance quest and “rewards rewards rewards give me that loot” lmao.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022
    Rewards and getting/powering champs are the same thing to me, and they’re easily 1 and 2 in the voting so far.

When input issues started, I abandoned story content aside from first clears. When buffed EOP rewards came out, I decided to dedicate myself to getting through act 7 to ensure I was paragon for cyber weekend, ideally with 18,000+ units.

I’ve been doing really well doing 2-3 itemless paths per day (my work schedule sucks) and getting about 60-70% of the 22-hour rewards. I have 10,600 units (I had 5-6,000 after july 4). I’ll buy unit cards and the resort passes that remain but probably nothing else.

Feels good to see progress. I’ve got about 48 paths to go, but 10 are Gwenmaster/7.3 kang

Edit - the other thing that pushed me to start pushing more aggressively was the 1000 unit EQ offer. Needing a team revive felt like a failure. Having a well-priced bundle that sent some to overflow meant I had to do content and I didn’t need to feel bad about using them. A++++ design by y’all.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    I don't think I've ever seen a Kabam account post a poll. While I always thought Miike did an admirable job dealing with the forums, you have proved a very welcome addition to the community!

For me, it is often about the champs. Even back in 2016 (? maybe.... it's been a while) when 4*s were a big deal and a friend pulled a 4* Punisher from an arena crystal, I just couldn't wait to get one on my own account to try him out. The constant influx of new champs is honestly pretty overwhelming at this point, but the staggered release of champs in crystals has honestly kinda helped because I can get excited about a champ, then just as soon as I start to forget about them since they aren't playable for me, I go and pull them and the excitement crashes back in. The design team has knocked it out of the park far too often for them to get old, and even the mechanics have been pretty fresh.

RNG believe it or not has been a big reason that I have stayed. Sure, it is a bummer often, but it makes the occasional win so much more fun and unexpected. I like set rewards, but typically the out-of-the-blue crazy luck is what I remember far better.

The forums and general community around the game has also made it far more engaging, including the mods/admin interactions. I have yet to find another game that I enjoy that also has such a dedicated base of communication. Getting to give feedback, getting to see behind the scenes stuff, and getting the occasional hint about things coming down the road has definitely improved the experience. I have been in the same alliance since at least 2016 and still have several members that have stayed around (including the irl friend that got me into the game).

I also really love the breadth of gameplay options that there are. I have never been very into AQ/AW, but I love incursions (as a concept, could be improved), I love the direction story content has been going, side quests bring something different each month, rotating EQs, Carina's Challenges, EOP, Gauntlet, the list can go on. There are days that I just get tired of certain content, and there is typically always something else for me to jump into that I will enjoy.
  • Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    Other - Tell me more!
    The people I interact with around the game are a big part of why I continue to play.

Gameplay wise, the strategy aspect is what I like the most, making battlegrounds my favourite game mode
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Other - Tell me more!
    adding to my roster AND the continuing narrative story line.
  • Options
    Master_mischief69Master_mischief69 Posts: 236 ★★
    edited August 2022
    I like collecting champs but you know, at this point more people go for 6 stars, 5 stars values are reducing over time especially when the game mode give only buff to 6 stars, so sometimes adding new champs is also pointless, I mean what's the point of I can't use them, or if I have higher rarity, and then somewhere I also read that 7 stars are coming, then rip 6 stars too, hope kabam don't bring higher rarity, instead design coming story modes something like we can use all rarity champs include 1 and 2 stars.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,675 Guardian
    New game modes (Battlegrounds, etc.) - Give me something brand new!
    I understand I might be in the minority here, but it is nice to have something different to do. Been playing the game since 2015 and things like AQ get really boring, really fast. I like having something new to do. I also like it when the rewards are worth the effort put in as well.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I don’t care for AQ, it’s like doing the weekly food shop - dull but has to be done.

AW and latterly BGs on the other hand, is where my effort is driven. I like to win and will keep pushing until I’ve got the masterful title and ideally War Champion one day.
  • Options
    The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★
    Ranking up the champions which you like, finding potentias on underrated champions is the most fun part for me. And trying those on rol ws.
  • Options
    IlluminantIlluminant Posts: 196
    Collecting 6 stars hoping for doom and getting shafted every time. Just kidding lol. But hitting new progression tiers (like thronebreaker which I just hit last night) motivates me to keep going. Feels like a big accomplishment to get to a new one
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    The rewards motivate me to push top content. Getting the shards to pull new champions, and the materials to rank them up.

But what really keeps me playing is the small glimmer of hope that you’ll make a playable Thanos that’s completely BA