**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Battlegrounds Rewards Revealed! Solo/Alliance Events, Victory Track, Gladiator’s Circuit and More!

Comments

• Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 531 ★★★
    Please just change for participated on this event its payable one time or all time with or for exemple there is the only problem not 2 3 4 etc. Just paid only at shop battleground
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 919 ★★★★★
    I think it’s positive Kabam are focus grouping this now with select players. I think they should do this with every major release. Keep a few on payroll as consultants with NDA’s. Reduce the level of groupthink at Kabam. They can choose to go there own way anyway to put our content as they see fit, but I think having different voices as part of the planning process will really help with the final implementation that provides a monetised income stream for kabam, that is fair and enjoyable for the majority of the players. I say majority as you can’t please everyone.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,140 ★★★★
    Wozzle007 said:

I think it’s positive Kabam are focus grouping this now with select players. I think they should do this with every major release. Keep a few on payroll as consultants with NDA’s. Reduce the level of groupthink at Kabam. They can choose to go there own way anyway to put our content as they see fit, but I think having different voices as part of the planning process will really help with the final implementation that provides a monetised income stream for kabam, that is fair and enjoyable for the majority of the players. I say majority as you can’t please everyone.

I believe the select players are probably unpaid CCP members. Downside is they are mostly at the endgame stage of the game and may not represent the views of the majority of players (which I am guessing is f2p cavalier).
  • Game mode failed right from matching.. How can a cav player face Paragon player.. Just bcz they are in same group (bronze 3 or bronze 2)..

My ally member(Cavalier) lost 5matches(75EM) to higher progression players(3 Paragon, 2 Thronebreaker).. And he is still in Bronze 3..

Please just change for participated on this event its payable one time or all time with or for exemple there is the only problem not 2 3 4 etc. Just paid only at shop battleground

With golden *
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Please fix the mastery load out issue. That is a major plus for the game mode but it is not working. Arena masteries are not compatible with this current meta
  • No units no solo and aliance rewards? Really?
  • NikkoNikko Posts: 22
    Doesn’t look very good in my opinion. Too much time and money to make it worthwhile.
  • Battlegrounds is clearly designed with only the whales in mind. This has to be the biggest cash grab event ever put on by Kabam. Seriously don’t waste your money on this ****. The matchups are complete garbage. The bugs are worse (block and evade). The problems just continue.
    Yes, The rewards are nice. But the stress level to get even close to those aren’t worth it. Very one sided event. The vetting in the game is horrible. You could be uncollected and go against a paragon player. Clearly not gonna work out. The match ups wouldn’t be so bad if they kept it the players within their own ranking.
    Paragon v. Paragon
    Thronebreaker v Thronebreaker
    Kabam has dropped the ball again. No matter how inflated it may be.
    Get smart Kabam.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Battlegrounds is clearly designed with only the whales in mind. This has to be the biggest cash grab event ever put on by Kabam. Seriously don’t waste your money on this ****. The matchups are complete garbage. The bugs are worse (block and evade). The problems just continue.
    Yes, The rewards are nice. But the stress level to get even close to those aren’t worth it. Very one sided event. The vetting in the game is horrible. You could be uncollected and go against a paragon player. Clearly not gonna work out. The match ups wouldn’t be so bad if they kept it the players within their own ranking.
    Paragon v. Paragon
    Get smart Kabam.

To separate matchmaking like this you'd have to also bracket off the reward tiers based on progression. Can you imagine the crying when Cavs or TBs were gated out of top tier rewards regardless of whether they had any chance of ever getting them in reality?
  • Horrible. Never playing Battlegrounds again thanks for ruining it with a shameless cash grab
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Btw, an update, losing a match using Elder's Marks, don't get you a single point. @Kabam Miike
  • Wildblue333Wildblue333 Posts: 403 ★★
    Right now Battlle Grounds is worse. I'm not likely to play in the future
  • UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 372 ★★★
    300% is a lot against some defenders like r3 rintrah would have little counters making it to where you can have champs like sassy and other insane health pools with regen bann the counters and your screwed just find it highly unfair
    Hello @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit I have an idea, you should change the rating to get solo and alliance points all players will appreciate and it's a very good idea. That is to say, with energies made to ensure that there are also points of participation and Victory like that there will be no more problem, I hope you will think about it.

Your good to you
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

Battlegrounds is clearly designed with only the whales in mind. This has to be the biggest cash grab event ever put on by Kabam. Seriously don’t waste your money on this ****. The matchups are complete garbage. The bugs are worse (block and evade). The problems just continue.
    Paragon v. Paragon
    Get smart Kabam.

To separate matchmaking like this you'd have to also bracket off the reward tiers based on progression. Can you imagine the crying when Cavs or TBs were gated out of top tier rewards regardless of whether they had any chance of ever getting them in reality?
    I sympathize for the Cavaliers/new TB's trying to play this game mode. I'm Paragon, 4 R4's, mostly R3's in my deck. I'm putting up 52K-54K in a fight and that is barely scraping victories for me in Bronze. Should there be a system that restricts matchmaking to Paragon vs Paragon, TB vs TB, Cav vs Cav? Absolutely not, that's ridiculous and not how competitive game modes work. However, I do think Kabam dropped the ball a bit by not doing something to separate us at the beginning. A lot of competitive games have something like a Placement Phase where you performance for a small number of games is used to determine where your starting rank should be. Kabam just put everyone at the bottom and there are obviously people who don't belong there.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    K00shMaan said:

Paragon v. Paragon
    Get smart Kabam.

I sympathize for the Cavaliers/new TB's trying to play this game mode. I'm Paragon, 4 R4's, mostly R3's in my deck. I'm putting up 52K-54K in a fight and that is barely scraping victories for me in Bronze. Should there be a system that restricts matchmaking to Paragon vs Paragon, TB vs TB, Cav vs Cav? Absolutely not, that's ridiculous and not how competitive game modes work. However, I do think Kabam dropped the ball a bit by not doing something to separate us at the beginning. A lot of competitive games have something like a Placement Phase where you performance for a small number of games is used to determine where your starting rank should be. Kabam just put everyone at the bottom and there are obviously people who don't belong there.
    The initial separation is definitely something I'm on board with. I suggested the same thing in the betas before they staggered initial BG ratings. I don't think gatekeeping high skilled lower progression level players from competing for top rewards is the answer at all though.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,894 ★★★★★
    K00shMaan said:

Paragon v. Paragon
    Get smart Kabam.

IMO, the matches should be set by the current bracket and not the roster. It'll suck for the low players at first, but the end game players will soon tier themselves out. Eventually, it will all balance out and people will settle in the tiers that they belong. It might not seem fair to face rosters full of R4s and R3s in Bronze to new Paragons but on the flip side, an end gamer only facing other end gamers and at those low levels isn't fair either. Obviously, it would have made much more sense to start the different titles at different tiers, but Kabam doesn't think like that.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

K00shMaan said:

Paragon v. Paragon
    Get smart Kabam.

IMO, the matches should be set by the current bracket and not the roster. It'll suck for the low players at first, but the end game players will soon tier themselves out. Eventually, it will all balance out and people will settle in the tiers that they belong. It might not seem fair to face rosters full of R4s and R3s in Bronze to new Paragons but on the flip side, an end gamer only facing other end gamers and at those low levels isn't fair either. Obviously, it would have made much more sense to start the different titles at different tiers, but Kabam doesn't think like that.
    100%. Whether it's by Tier or a Battlegrounds specific rating. That will allows be the best matchmaking criteria. Let an individual's success in the mode determine the quality of competition that they face. Although even in the last Beta, Kabam did a little bit to help by having your Progression Title start you with a different rating. I know it will all even out eventually but when you have time specific rewards (i.e. win 5 matches every 48 hours), it does encourage everyone to hop in immediately and some people will then be undoubtedly overmatched.
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,894 ★★★★★
    Also, because BGs are pay-to-play it doesn't make sense to not sandbag. You only get so many free matches before HAVING to pay to continue, so it only makes sense that you'd do everything possible to ensure you win those finite number of matches.
  • Battlegrounds is clearly designed with only the whales in mind. This has to be the biggest cash grab event ever put on by Kabam. Seriously don’t waste your money on this ****. The matchups are complete garbage. The bugs are worse (block and evade). The problems just continue.
    Paragon v. Paragon
    Get smart Kabam.

They do this already. 😂🤣