Battlegrounds Rewards Revealed! Solo/Alliance Events, Victory Track, Gladiator’s Circuit and More!

Comments

• KbugiiKbugii Member Posts: 167 ★★
    As of right now y’all have lost me. I played the hell out of the beta versions. Now with the removal of objectives just for playing and the pay for prize method of only getting milestone points for using elder marks, I played 3 matches and feel like it’s pointless. I loved it and was excited for it to refresh my love of the game and now on release I hate it more than incursions and i haven’t done those in almost a year.
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Member Posts: 1,233 ★★★
    Remove elder’s mark. Problem solved. That seems to be the biggest problem. We’re all tired of everything good in the game being behind a pay wall. And to get any objectives u have to have elders marks which cost. Do away with them.
  • KbugiiKbugii Member Posts: 167 ★★
    edited September 2022
    One other thing I’ll throw in. I realize the point was to try to minimize players from throwing matches however by making the milestones basically only available to those who use elder marks you’ve turned battlegrounds into a year long gifting event. One of the biggest gripes in gifting was the fact that those with the highest bank accounts always got everything; top solo rankings, top alliance rankings, and because of the vast more crystals by default more resources.
    Battlegrounds was supposed to be more skill based but instead, yet again those with the largest bank accounts will get the top solo rankings, top alliance rankings, and by default way more resources just for playing while everyone else who doesn’t pay for the elder marks won’t even have the possibility for anything.
  • Standardman1989Standardman1989 Member Posts: 544 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Copying this over from a post in News and Announcements:

Hey Summoners,

Thank you for your patience with the implementation of Battlegrounds.

We have been keeping many watchful eyes on the reception of the newest game mode. Conversations have been continuing behind the scenes about what changes need to be made. Currently, we're running ideas by a select group of players to see what the reception is like.

We don't have any details at this exact moment, but we will have more information early next week.

Stay tuned for more.

- MCoC Community Team

Ok we see about this next week
  • Lestat2499Lestat2499 Member Posts: 287 ★★★
    It’s getting to be a joke how every new mode or update is basically opposite to what the player base is looking for.
  • NeverWasBornNeverWasBorn Member Posts: 66
    edited September 2022
    @Kabam Miike The two things that have to be changed in battle ground in my opinion are:
    1. Set a daily limit for rank matches( 3 matches for example) and make it more like AW season with a certain number of matches which will make BG avoid the grind feel and make it more competitive and skill and roster reliant (I have already suggested that during the battlegrounds beta survey).
    2. allow regular energy usage to get points towards the solo and alliance event alongside elder's marks.
  • wxdavewxdave Member Posts: 11
    It’d be nice if you could actually win a match or two. They are not matching fairly as usual. Just can’t figure that out.
    Please just change for participated on this event its payable one time or all time with or for exemple there is the only problem not 2 3 4 etc. Just paid only at shop battleground
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Member Posts: 1,004 ★★★★★
    I think it’s positive Kabam are focus grouping this now with select players. I think they should do this with every major release. Keep a few on payroll as consultants with NDA’s. Reduce the level of groupthink at Kabam. They can choose to go there own way anyway to put our content as they see fit, but I think having different voices as part of the planning process will really help with the final implementation that provides a monetised income stream for kabam, that is fair and enjoyable for the majority of the players. I say majority as you can’t please everyone.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Member Posts: 1,241 ★★★★
    Wozzle007 said:

I think it’s positive Kabam are focus grouping this now with select players. I think they should do this with every major release. Keep a few on payroll as consultants with NDA’s. Reduce the level of groupthink at Kabam. They can choose to go there own way anyway to put our content as they see fit, but I think having different voices as part of the planning process will really help with the final implementation that provides a monetised income stream for kabam, that is fair and enjoyable for the majority of the players. I say majority as you can’t please everyone.

I believe the select players are probably unpaid CCP members. Downside is they are mostly at the endgame stage of the game and may not represent the views of the majority of players (which I am guessing is f2p cavalier).
  • HarleyQuinnFanHarleyQuinnFan Member Posts: 49
    Game mode failed right from matching.. How can a cav player face Paragon player.. Just bcz they are in same group (bronze 3 or bronze 2)..

My ally member(Cavalier) lost 5matches(75EM) to higher progression players(3 Paragon, 2 Thronebreaker).. And he is still in Bronze 3..

Please just change for participated on this event its payable one time or all time with or for exemple there is the only problem not 2 3 4 etc. Just paid only at shop battleground

With golden *
  • gohard123gohard123 Member Posts: 1,015 ★★★
    Please fix the mastery load out issue. That is a major plus for the game mode but it is not working. Arena masteries are not compatible with this current meta
  • Mhmdx01Mhmdx01 Member Posts: 2
    No units no solo and aliance rewards? Really?
  • NikkoNikko Member Posts: 24
    Doesn’t look very good in my opinion. Too much time and money to make it worthwhile.
  • CaptainAmazeOCaptainAmazeO Member Posts: 16
    Battlegrounds is clearly designed with only the whales in mind. This has to be the biggest cash grab event ever put on by Kabam. Seriously don’t waste your money on this ****. The matchups are complete garbage. The bugs are worse (block and evade). The problems just continue.
    Yes, The rewards are nice. But the stress level to get even close to those aren’t worth it. Very one sided event. The vetting in the game is horrible. You could be uncollected and go against a paragon player. Clearly not gonna work out. The match ups wouldn’t be so bad if they kept it the players within their own ranking.
    Paragon v. Paragon
    Thronebreaker v Thronebreaker
    Kabam has dropped the ball again. No matter how inflated it may be.
    Get smart Kabam.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Member Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Battlegrounds is clearly designed with only the whales in mind. This has to be the biggest cash grab event ever put on by Kabam. Seriously don’t waste your money on this ****. The matchups are complete garbage. The bugs are worse (block and evade). The problems just continue.
    Yes, The rewards are nice. But the stress level to get even close to those aren’t worth it. Very one sided event. The vetting in the game is horrible. You could be uncollected and go against a paragon player. Clearly not gonna work out. The match ups wouldn’t be so bad if they kept it the players within their own ranking.
    Paragon v. Paragon
    Thronebreaker v Thronebreaker
    Kabam has dropped the ball again. No matter how inflated it may be.
    Get smart Kabam.

To separate matchmaking like this you'd have to also bracket off the reward tiers based on progression. Can you imagine the crying when Cavs or TBs were gated out of top tier rewards regardless of whether they had any chance of ever getting them in reality?
  • AnimusAthiestAnimusAthiest Member Posts: 9
    Horrible. Never playing Battlegrounds again thanks for ruining it with a shameless cash grab
  • SearmenisSearmenis Member Posts: 1,593 ★★★★★
    Btw, an update, losing a match using Elder's Marks, don't get you a single point. @Kabam Miike