**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Battlegrounds Rewards Revealed! Solo/Alliance Events, Victory Track, Gladiator’s Circuit and More!

Comments

• Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    So I lost 3 matches (because of the superb matchmaking of this mode but doesn't matter), where exactly do I see the total of my points so far?
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    #1 You HAVE to take the sound away.
    #2 It takes way too long to even get to the point of earning rewards.
    #3 If you choose to try for the rewards it's literally impossible w/o spending.
    #4 It's not worth the effort.
  • Options
    I am on Android, Samsung Galaxy S10+, and I haven't received any update and I don't see the game mode at all, but I see that there has been no announcement the mode has been taken down but everything says it is launched, so I am confused.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

Hey everybody,

Let's try and move this conversation back into a more constructive place. To be really honest, it's getting difficult to distil feedback because I'm getting a lot of... well... above. If we want to address feedback, we need to know WHY you're feeling the way you do, not just HOW you feel.

So, let's try this again. I know this launch didn't go the way many of you expected, but Why? What is the thing that you don't like.

Here's what I've been able to gather:

• Elder's Marks currency is a necessity to gain rewards in Solo and Alliance Events
    • Elder's Marks are difficult to obtain without spending Units
    • Biggest rewards in the mode are still somewhat based on participation and not competitive play - Wins are more valuable after recent changes but are still not the only way to progress in Solo/Alliance event.
    • Without Relics, Gladiator's Circuit and Victory track are still not as enticing as the Solo and Alliance Event rewards
    • Solo and Alliance Event Rewards are not enticing for the participation required(I know these two contradict each other, but different players will have different feedback)
    • Trophy Tokens seem more difficult to come across than they used to be in the Beta
    If you have more to add, please do. We are going to start cleaning up posts that are not constructive because it makes finding constructive feedback or continuing constructive conversations more difficult.
    We use energy to get to the point having Elder s marks to spend, right? So, we get points losing or winning, to get there. Where do we track this progression? Where exactly do we see how many points we got so far?
  • Options
    BizarreSoldierBizarreSoldier Posts: 17
    edited September 2022

Hey everybody,

Let's try and move this conversation back into a more constructive place. To be really honest, it's getting difficult to distil feedback because I'm getting a lot of... well... above. If we want to address feedback, we need to know WHY you're feeling the way you do, not just HOW you feel.

Not trying to be rude, but part of any feedback is what most posts are saying here. "People are mad and dissapointed about this mode? Oh well, let me read why. Oh, I see, they don't like that they must pay to get awesome stuff in a mode that was supposed to be fun". As simple as that.

The main problem is that you can't access to the Solo and Alliance Events because you need to buy stuff; you can't get points by playing freely with energy refills. Yes, you can still play the mode, get some currency and spending it in the store, and you will get good stuff there anyway... but if you want players to invest in this mode, at least give them some Elder's Mark for free (and just once), if they want to use more, then they can buy it; if they don't and don't care about the milestones, then they can still play by using energy.

As someone said above, you need to hook up your clients, so they can spend on your product. Putting everything behind a paywall is not always a good way to start a game/new mode, even if there is people willing to spend already. I know Kabam needs money as any company, but sometimes some decisions look good on paper, but not in practice.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Upon release I was upset with the need to put in so much work to achieve nothing. We need 60 wins (in approximately win rows) to get to gladiator circuit. Which isn’t more then the betas but after hitting the win counts in the beta we didn’t have to keep playing where as in this case after the 60 wins, the real event starts.

Elder marks are too expensive and/or too hard to obtain. Basically 15 units for 15 elder marks (depending what tier you can buy/afford with units), but energy refills are 30 units for 70 energy 🧐. Why not give more points towards solo/ally goals with elder marks but award points for both energy and elder marks.

This mode would take 24/7 playing it and using unit/money to achieve anything worthwhile. In comparison if you hit a couple milestones in arenas you get units and gold. In battlegrounds you get nothing, in theory you could spend an entire energy refill and get no where. That’s utterly frustrating.
  • Options

Hey everybody,

So, let's try this again. I know this launch didn't go the way many of you expected, but Why? What is the thing that you don't like.

• Elder's Marks currency is a necessity to gain rewards in Solo and Alliance Events
    • Biggest rewards in the mode are still somewhat based on participation and not competitive play - Wins are more valuable after recent changes but are still not the only way to progress in Solo/Alliance event.
    • Without Relics, Gladiator's Circuit and Victory track are still not as enticing as the Solo and Alliance Event rewards
    • Solo and Alliance Event Rewards are not enticing for the participation required(I know these two contradict each other, but different players will have different feedback)
    • Trophy Tokens seem more difficult to come across than they used to be in the Beta
    If you have more to add, please do. We are going to start cleaning up posts that are not constructive because it makes finding constructive feedback or continuing constructive conversations more difficult.
    During the last beta the mode was basically perfect. All that it needed was a reward structure and it would be done. However the reward structure you guys implemented is overly complicated, annoying and needlessly hard for no reason. A much simpler reward structure would be have the gladiator circuit tiers and put rewards in each category/tier. Basically the exact same structure of rankings as war seasons and make it so your overall rank is determined by wins and losses. A simple win gives X points. A simple loss removes X points. However don't make the Win and Loss points equal. Make it like 1.5 points per win and -1 point per loss. I'm sure other members of the community will come up with a better method but what I put really just clarifies that a simple reward structure was all that it needed.
  • Options
    ShushShush Posts: 7
    Store is very bad why paragon player should pay same token as cavalier and tb only 2 paragon level items and they are also overpriced please make changes in bg store
  • Options
    Roqbone97Roqbone97 Posts: 44
    This gaming mode is not skill based there are more players who have been playing less than a year with all the latest champs that are six champs ranked 3 and 4 while a day one player is trying to compete with older champs that can’t even counter and charging 1,000 units just to have a second layout is stupid. Also there is no way of changing layouts for suicide and non-suicide. This mode really needs to be fixed and I feel there is still some form of cheating going on. Won’t be playing this mode. I HATE this gaming mode. Either start giving better champs to vets so we can compete with New players who get all the goods. I’m also not seeing a benefit to being paragon either. Feels like I should have stayed throne breaker.
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★

Hey everybody,

For me its not normal to spend unit on shop.. event solo or alliance its free not Money its simple as 1 plus 1 its 2 ... basic
  • Options
    BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 126

Hey everybody,

1) requiring elder mark to just do the solo event and alliance event, especially with as few as are giving through the VT, gates those rewards behind a pay wall. By removing those as a requirement it allows the more casual players to still get a decent amount of rewards through play

2) Elders Mark aren't necessarily difficult to attain, but so few are giving through the VT(only 900 means 60 matches worth which even with 100% win rate doesn't get half the point for solo event). By adding more EM through the victory(at each division not just each tier) that could mitigate the requirements if you're against removing them entirely

3) Yes, if you have a big enough wallet you can just participate through solo events. Participation alone doesn't help with VT cause you need wins.

4) Yes. Until Relics are ready add some rewards more than just more Tokens to entice players

5) The event rewards shouldn't be gated behind EMs. By removing that requirement you give people a reason to grind who don't care to compete for top spots.

6) Yes they seem harder to acquire. There are a lot of Tokens available but for the casuals who don't want to grind the entire VT in 1 week some of the store rewards won't be attainable right away and since the store resets weekly we may miss some 6* shards and sig stones and other things.

Hope this feedback helps
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    So...they really were giving more points for participation than winning initially...and though they have fixed that the cost of Elders marks and the need to use them for alliance rewards are still ridiculous (imho).
  • Options
    I've completed challenges but I'm not seeing that I've been rewarded any points or rewards.
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 461 ★★★
    I really enjoyed the AQ+AW and story and monthly event. The time spent in these game modes is the most that I can spend in the game, and I also think AQ+AW should give the best rewards in the game, because AQ requires long term investment, AQ requires cooperation and plans.

However, BG is giving the best rewards now and it also requires people to:
    1) spend a lot money
    2) play this game mode like a full-time job

So BG is a fundamental change to the ecosystem of the game, it is definitely not a game I can handle anymore, if there is no significant change in the future, I might have to step back, and play in low-tier alliance and spend less money and time, to enjoy my real life.
  • Options
    Kabam, be realistic, those guys are willing to spend the most money, they don't like to spend too much time, those game who can spend the most time, they don't want to spend money.

BG consumes both money and time, none of them will be happy, this game mode is totally wrong.
    You are fundamentally change the ecosystem, this is a dangerous move IMO.
  • Options
    Before BG, all the major game modes have upper bound for time consumption (except arena, but players can spend money instead of time), now BG becomes the first major game mode w/o time upper bound no matter you spend money or not, this is going to be a serious issue IMO.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    FunnyDude said:

OK, Now do you enjoy the rushed version of BG?
    What a mess

FunnyDude said:

If they pushed out something which is unhealthy and broken, then this game mode is going to be unhealthy, some players will hate it and step away, this is a simple reality.
    Delaying a feature is not going to make players leave as long as there are enough contents for them, unhealthy game mode will do real damage.

Kabam always say they don't want to push out too many new changes in short term, let's check how many new stuff we will see in September:
    - New AW rewards
    - BG (with tons of unknown issues already)

The first two will make me busy and happy already, I don't need to see BG with tons of issues. Why don't they just take the time and make it right, and release it in October or November. It will be a lot easier for many people and for themselves.

AW changes are completely irrelevant as it's off season starting tomorrow. 8.1 also doesn't matter as it's permanent and you can do it whenever you choose.

There's really no reason to delay this. If people aren't happy with the initial structure, just don't bother with it the first seaoson. Just bc some don't want something doesn't mean that everyone feels the same way. You can always choose to just not play something but someone else can't choose to play something that isn't launched.

Yes I do personally. Do I like everything about it? Of course not. Yet I spent hours today playing friendlies with friends and had some fun doing some ranked matches up to Silver for just energy. I have no intention of spending tons on this mode but I'll gladly continue to have fun playing it and also earn whatever I can from the events up until if/when they make changes.