Day of the Deadpool [Master Thread]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,501 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

How exactly does it cost them nothing? I've never understood that argument.

he might as well just ask for 10 7stars. I mean that doesn't cost them anything either. just put in the code and be done with it. smh
    Yes. Design costs money. Designers spend time and energy and need to be paid. Items in-game cost money because that's potential revenue. Rebalancing costs money because someone has to make sure the Resources don't upset the balance, and if they do, someone has to rebalance the in-game economy, and that costs money. The whole "it costs nothing" argument is pretty irreverent to the entire process.
    All of these things are monthly salary included. They didn't hire extra people just to do this event.
    If someone is being paid a salary to do it, how is it free?

Searmenis said:

he might as well just ask for 10 7stars. I mean that doesn't cost them anything either. just put in the code and be done with it. smh
    Yes. Design costs money. Designers spend time and energy and need to be paid. Items in-game cost money because that's potential revenue. Rebalancing costs money because someone has to make sure the Resources don't upset the balance, and if they do, someone has to rebalance the in-game economy, and that costs money. The whole "it costs nothing" argument is pretty irreverent to the entire process.
    All of these things are monthly salary included. They didn't hire extra people just to do this event.
    see.. this.. this is what I'm talking about sir. If I work for say.. walmart... and my job is to stock shelves. I'm paid xx per hour to do it. One day they are short in the grocery section, so instead of stocking shelves, I help unload a truck of fruit. Did I just cost walmart money because WHILE ON DUTY I helped someone out? Your points have no logic.. but you keep making them to defend a indefensible POV.. this is a problem sir.

How can any of us "stay on topic" if every other comment is you semantically attacking anyone saying anything negative of the game or Kabam's choices?
    That's not an attack at all. That's a plain statement. People are paid for their time and energy. That's not free.
  • CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Searmenis said:

see.. this.. this is what I'm talking about sir. If I work for say.. walmart... and my job is to stock shelves. I'm paid xx per hour to do it. One day they are short in the grocery section, so instead of stocking shelves, I help unload a truck of fruit. Did I just cost walmart money because WHILE ON DUTY I helped someone out? Your points have no logic.. but you keep making them to defend a indefensible POV.. this is a problem sir.

How can any of us "stay on topic" if every other comment is you semantically attacking anyone saying anything negative of the game or Kabam's choices?
    Break is over, go back to restocking
  • SearmenisSearmenis Member Posts: 1,594 ★★★★★

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

The way I'm thinking, this event didn't have to happen. But it's something for nothing.
    As uncollected I can get 1 tier 5 basic + 10 tier 1 alpha for 500 units. That's a good deal for me so I got them and I can rank 5 Tigra or Domino, I'm undecided which just yet.
    The actual Deadpool event is a bit of a let down, but all I have to do is win 1 fight for 1m gold. That's good.
    On the down side I would have liked the chance to win a 5* or 6* champ, but you can't have it all lolz

this logic always bothers me... technically no offers "have" to be made.. no events "have" to take place... so what? To keep a mobile game going the devs need to keep the community engaged. One of the biggest ways they keep us engaged is events and offers. The day of the deadpool was meant to bring good faith to the community and made almost everyone universally happy... to take 3 steps back with something they originally did for good will isn't something to spin as "they didn't have to do anything".. I bet many would suggest they SHOULDN'T have done anything if they couldn't mirror what was already done in the past.
    I just try to look at the positives rather than the negatives, it's good for mental health.
    while I agree on the sentiment.. believing everything in life is a gift is how you get walked all over brother. You don't have to be cynical to think something was done wrong or in bad faith.
    Dont get me wrong, I totally understand the backlash.
    If Kabam announced the offers would be unit based instead of gold it would have helped. Good communication is key.
    They already confirmed there would be no Gold Offers.
    No.. they had a known troll account make a sarcastic comment that was replied to by an actual mod account with confusion.
    That's a pretty jaded perspective for a fun response.
    It wasn't jaded at all lol.. it's what literally happened

The way I'm thinking, this event didn't have to happen. But it's something for nothing.
    As uncollected I can get 1 tier 5 basic + 10 tier 1 alpha for 500 units. That's a good deal for me so I got them and I can rank 5 Tigra or Domino, I'm undecided which just yet.
    The actual Deadpool event is a bit of a let down, but all I have to do is win 1 fight for 1m gold. That's good.
    On the down side I would have liked the chance to win a 5* or 6* champ, but you can't have it all lolz

this logic always bothers me... technically no offers "have" to be made.. no events "have" to take place... so what? To keep a mobile game going the devs need to keep the community engaged. One of the biggest ways they keep us engaged is events and offers. The day of the deadpool was meant to bring good faith to the community and made almost everyone universally happy... to take 3 steps back with something they originally did for good will isn't something to spin as "they didn't have to do anything".. I bet many would suggest they SHOULDN'T have done anything if they couldn't mirror what was already done in the past.
    I just try to look at the positives rather than the negatives, it's good for mental health.
    while I agree on the sentiment.. believing everything in life is a gift is how you get walked all over brother. You don't have to be cynical to think something was done wrong or in bad faith.
    Dont get me wrong, I totally understand the backlash.
    If Kabam announced the offers would be unit based instead of gold it would have helped. Good communication is key.
    They already confirmed there would be no Gold Offers.
    No.. they had a known troll account make a sarcastic comment that was replied to by an actual mod account with confusion.
    That's a pretty jaded perspective for a fun response.
    It wasn't jaded at all lol.. it's what literally happened
    No, what happened was the Forum Account associated with Deadpool Events, which is known to be colorful, responded to the question. There's a difference between being upset about an outcome, and being cynical.
    I said.. "known troll account"... you said "known to be colorful"... why are we still arguing when we're saying the same thing.. only I'm not spinning my words for a certain groups benefit?
    troll account doesnt mean misinformation account. it was messing in a way of how deadpool would talk but obviously not lying. and kabam jax replied not sarcastically but more in shock that gold deals wont be there. it's not their fault you interpreted in such a wrong way when they mentioned it clearly without any hidden meaning behind it
    so an account that's entire history was sarcasm, pranks, and humor should have suddenly been taken literally not sarcastically... and it's on everyone else for not doing that?
    Well, yes. Regardless of whether they joke around or not, until seeing otherwise, the only thing we can go on is what's said. We're free to interpret it however we want, but if we assume they're not being honest, that's still an assumption.
    Man, you lost the argument. Just... don't.
    There is no argument to be won, or lost. What was literally said was there would be no Gold Offers. So the whole communication argument is moot.
    NO one said that, except if you count the mock kabam account, but that s not official, it's just for fun, yes? We laughed, we had a good time, now it s over, and we woke up to the harsh, bitter reality of this game.
    If it's orange and has Kabam in the name, it's official.
    When a mod says "I have no more information to share, nobody told me anything yet" is official then, and we can assume that the game developers don't know as well, and they get paid as professionals? And you said it was your final word five posts back.

Anyway, when a mockery account jokes about something, OFFICIALY, (happy?) there s no way to tell if what he says is true or not. It s a joke, not an official announcement.

ANyway #2, the only thing I m hoping after today's disaster/mockery/whatever this farse was, is that we won't see a price increase in standard unit packages in the future. Everything gets monetized, the prices are increasing (monthly card costs $10 more every month now with less items), and even players that spend money on the game (like myself) are starting to get disgusted.
    No one is doing anything. We're having a discussion about the Event. We're talking about the timeline and what's unfolded. So far, nothing has been said "pro-Kabam", or "anti-Players". They commented that there wouldn't be Gold Offers. That's supported by comments from Kabam, regardless of the Kabam Account that made it. People are free to express their opinions on the Event. Others are also free to clarify without persecution.

Searmenis said:

It s not free, and it s not EXTRA. The Gold pool event is not where they get paid from.
    Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

It s not free, and it s not EXTRA. The Gold pool event is not where they get paid from.
    My point was nothing in the game is free. Everything costs money to produce. It's not realistic to say it's free, so they should do it.
    If you can point out anything in this Thread where I spun anything "pro-Kabam", I'd be surprised. I've been Switzerland in this.

Searmenis said:

Searmenis said:

My point was nothing in the game is free. Everything costs money to produce. It's not realistic to say it's free, so they should do it.
    No, your point back there was that designing an event costs extra. You haven't said it like that, but you were implying it. And I m saying that no, this is part of their contracts as kabam employees. You can say "no, I wasn't implying anything", and that's ok, people on the forum who can read (well, if they couldn't they won't be here, sure), will understand.

If you can point out anything in this Thread where I spun anything "pro-Kabam", I'd be surprised. I've been Switzerland in this.

I don't even have to go back....

- You suggested a free event costs money it doesn't
    - You said people should have taken sarcasm literally, and if they didn't its on them
    - You called me "jaded" for pointing out the sarcastic post in the first place
    - You defended them merging threads and closing polls that had nothing to do with complaints of the event
    - You defended Kabam against rising app store costs

this was all off the top of my head.. and I cannot think of a single thing you said that was negative of Kabam or pro community (you know "taking sides" as you said)
    Huh?

I said people made assumptions. The information offered was there wouldn't be any.
    I said calling Thrillson a troll was jaded, and I supported it with the fact that it's been a known Account associated with these Events.
    I said they likely merged them all into one Thread and edited the Title.
    I explained the process of how charges are made. (Which literally has nothing to do with this subject.)

My comments are about sticking to factual information. Whatever your issue with me personally is, your perception of my comments is off.
  • Masaraksh1Masaraksh1 Member Posts: 62
    I really hope that kabam will change their mind and please the players who love them and still play their game. Giving people a nexus 6* offer for gold or something like that will not be difficult and will not change the balance of the game.
  • ManbatnManbatn Member Posts: 71

it will probably get deleted or merged cause its redundant.
    too many posts on this already a huge merged post on the first page so why make a new one?

Did you think someone will respond to you here seperately when they didnt till now on the big post?

I think if enough people constantly post the same thing over again they will get tired of it and maue. Respond. I mean we could take your approach wait and do nothing I know that will help for sure
  • BKSwisherSweetBKSwisherSweet Member Posts: 164 ★★
    What would be nice, would be, going ahead and doing the gold event after getting the rewards (the gold) from the Oversaturated Market event, that way anyone that's low on gold might actually have some for the gold event.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/315234/gold-trade-offer-comming-this-year-or-not/p1

Pasting this here since it got mothballed back to “Suggestions.” Any cuteness intended with the Kabam Thrillson comment seems much less humorous now.

Maybe something interesting pops up later today, but if this is it, then no.

Dr. Zola

Its like they thought that the cute warning wasnt going to blow up on them because they phrased it funny. Its a layup kind of event for universal praise and instead they just aggravated every single player. Even if you are willing to spend, its way better when you dont have to and can use gold instead.
    One other observation: the solo event (which I would recommend grabbing exactly “1” point in for a million gold) relies on Duels, Arena and AQ with Pool champions.

Not normal questing, which could be a way to utilize extra energy and generate points for a shot at getting a little better rewards.

What I wonder is what kind of accounts will be at the top of the leaderboard for the solo event…

Dr. Zola
    I didn't even realize that normal questing didn't count. I play AQ map 8. Not going to use any of my Pools there lol.