**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

7 STARS ARE COMING

Comments

• Options
    OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    solopolo said:

New rarity complaints aside, I'm wondering what the starting 7* roster will look like. Will it be similar to 5* release with mostly bottom tier champs or will we be getting champs actually worth going after? I don't believe I was around for 6* release so I don't know what that looked like. We may have a lot more time to collect 7* shards than we're assuming, if the first batch or two of champions aren't actually good.

6* starting rosters were horrible, took me 4 months of event quest to get an og daredevil, another 3 months to get drax. I almost quit.
  • Options
    LiberatorLiberator Posts: 3
    Over 5 years with this game. Swore if they ever brought out 7 star champs Id be done, for some the endless race might be there thing but when the goal posts keep getting pushed back due to their greed it’s time to stop
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,045 ★★★★★
    Liberator said:

Over 5 years with this game. Swore if they ever brought out 7 star champs Id be done, for some the endless race might be there thing but when the goal posts keep getting pushed back due to their greed it’s time to stop

What goalposts?
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★

Liberator said:

What goalposts?
    Honestly this is a good question. This is a live service game with new content released fairly regularly, and some of that new content increases in difficulty over time. Additionally, the game has multiple areas that are competitive or grindable (Battlegrounds, Alliance War, Incursions, etc.). Using the phrase goal posts in the context of this game implies the existence of a finish line, but there isn’t one. There’s no big bad final boss to the whole game. There’s just a growth over time. And in order for the game to continue, that growth needs to remain possible.
  • Options
    smy168smy168 Posts: 206 ★★
    edited November 2022
    Agree with Vibranuim_X23, I've been on the game since launch...the addition of 7*s seem like a "pressure" play....I would rather they focus on Relics and in-game adjustments.

I can appreciate the need for Kabam to make money, I'm in tech dev, but instead of creativity, they went ahead and introduced a new money grab targeting the whales.

I went through the days where catching a 6* took massive amounts of work, now you can just buy it, with every add, there are mods and cheats that circumvent the push to launch something new, the SOP for these new things are not properly vetted and secured.

Watching their Transformer game belly up makes me wonder if the spending here is even worth it, FTP accounts will suffer and whales will eventually get bored. They need to focus on getting users to "want" to progress instead of "vanity rosters and wallet flexing".

I spend a little, by far not a whale but I'm not even sure how long my lifeline will be here, this coming Cyber will be the last time I spend, maybe will keep the Sigil but honestly, I prefer R5ing my 6s rather than chasing a new restart of 7s and going from scratch...again.

my 2 cents

btw...def looking forward to the Rocket buff, he'll be a vanity R4 for me haha
  • Options
    PantherAPPantherAP Posts: 57
    I’d prefer that content be aimed at maxing out 6*’s before the 7* were introduced. I’d also appreciate more content that lets you utilize your 1-2-3* rosters so they don’t feel worthless.

The introduction of Paragon and 7* is greatly dissuading me, as a casual Cavalier player, to continue my progression. It just seems like it’s impossible to keep up with the power creep now unless I spend several hundreds of dollars.

The only thing I’m hoping for, and keeping me playing, is the possibility that 6* sig stones become more easy to obtain for Cavalier players.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★

My original comment was removed so here’s another attempt.

I started playing this game in early 2015 and I love it but I will not spend any more money on this game.

Once 7* champs come out, I’m out

And that is your right but it doesn't change the fact that eventually things were going to have to change in order to continue the game moving forward.

I understand your frustration and I understand the frustrations of people who left the game when six stars came into the picture but if you refuse to grow, you leave little choice to continue on irregardless. It's literally a fact of life in everything from Commerce to the science of life itself. You have to have a motivation to continue on otherwise there's no reason for it to exist at all.
  • Options
    XedXed Posts: 32
    edited November 2022
    I'm ambivalent about 7*s. I'm a casual player now. I don't do AW or AQ. These days I'm enjoying Battlegrounds and working my way towards Paragon. I'm actually looking forward to see how 7*s will work in the game. It will definitely be long before I get my hands at 7* champions. In the mean time I'm sure 6*s will get more common and acquiring rank up resources will be easier. That's what I'm looking forward to.
  • Options
    ZAHIDMALIK1588ZAHIDMALIK1588 Posts: 624 ★★
    Anybody got the update yet?
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,836 ★★★★★
    What if the update regarding infos for 7* will come in Summer next year before we can obtain them? Would be Hilarious
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,784 ★★★★★

What if the update regarding infos for 7* will come in Summer next year before we can obtain them? Would be Hilarious

They already said spring.
  • Options
    MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 548 ★★★
    By Spring 2023 i am hoping to have atleast 2 7* crystals to pop maybe more depending on the cost of the crystal
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★

And that is your right but it doesn't change the fact that eventually things were going to have to change in order to continue the game moving forward.

I understand your frustration and I understand the frustrations of people who left the game when six stars came into the picture but if you refuse to grow, you leave little choice to continue on irregardless. It's literally a fact of life in everything from Commerce to the science of life itself. You have to have a motivation to continue on otherwise there's no reason for it to exist at all. @Shadowstrike

I totally understand that but the thing that is changing is me leaving, this only makes it easier to do so. This doesn’t upset me at all.

I wouldn’t say I’m frustrated. I said this to my friends I have made in game that when they were introduced, I’m done. I am just sticking to my word. I also understand the commerce and the science, things change, things evolve. I wish Kabam the best because the game is fun. I just don’t want to spend the time and money trying to develop another whole roster, this time w/ 7*’s.

So I hope everyone that continues to play the best of luck.

In this scenario why does "continue to grow" have to mean keep adding another star level to champs and essentially restart your chase for the same champs you spent so much time and money acquiring at other levels though? Honestly seems quite lazy and unoriginal on Kabam's part. Just saying...
  • Options

I understand your frustration and I understand the frustrations of people who left the game when six stars came into the picture but if you refuse to grow, you leave little choice to continue on irregardless. It's literally a fact of life in everything from Commerce to the science of life itself. You have to have a motivation to continue on otherwise there's no reason for it to exist at all. @Shadowstrike

I totally understand that but the thing that is changing is me leaving, this only makes it easier to do so. This doesn’t upset me at all.

I wouldn’t say I’m frustrated. I said this to my friends I have made in game that when they were introduced, I’m done. I am just sticking to my word. I also understand the commerce and the science, things change, things evolve. I wish Kabam the best because the game is fun. I just don’t want to spend the time and money trying to develop another whole roster, this time w/ 7*’s.

So I hope everyone that continues to play the best of luck.

In this scenario why does "continue to grow" have to mean keep adding another star level to champs and essentially restart your chase for the same champs you spent so much time and money acquiring at other levels though? Honestly seems quite lazy and unoriginal on Kabam's part. Just saying...
    How else would you boost the basic stats of the game like attack and health? Just keep chuckin up nodes? How would that benefit your roster? Relics and ascension are only a very small incremental increases. Or would you rather just having the game stop at r5 6* attack and Health levels? Adding star levels IS THE ONLY WAY to do it.
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    I waited reward bg and shop normaly i have 60k more

• Options
    JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,392 ★★★★
    What time zone is Kabam at ? Around here it’s already the evening of Nov 7 but I see no update so I am curious when to expect it . I am guessing tomorrow?
  • Options
    Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★
    Update is out for Android
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★

Yep...I'll wait for others to open before I do, still.
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★

Do they have the 7* shards?
  • Options
    Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★
    Getting 7 star shards but can't see them in inventory or anywhere else..
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★

Can confirm 7* shards
  • Options

At least now we know how 7* will appear on profile pics etc. I'm guessing it'll have to change at 8* though.