This Holiday Season, Welcome to 'the Banquet!'

Comments

• PenguinColaPenguinCola Member Posts: 7
    How many greater banquet crystals can we get from the calendar :D
  • RahulghostRahulghost Member Posts: 48
    I have boosts,mastery cores in my inventory saved already..could I be able to use and trade them for points or I have to buy newly with units then only points will be counted???
  • A_rock007A_rock007 Member Posts: 57
    I have a doubt: Can my alt gift me GBCs if it's in a different alliance than me?
    edited December 2022

You can't gift crystals, same alliance or not

Oh and what about those consumables? Does that gifting also need to be in the same alliance?
  • B0B3SZB0B3SZ Member Posts: 71
    If i understand right you can send and recive points by gifting items but can you send points to a non-alliance member by sending items to that player?
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit
  • SearmenisSearmenis Member Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★
    At least, there s a chance to get stuff for almost every useful champ rarity out of these. 5 star champs, t4 catalysts for our 4 star and 5 star champs, and the best of all, 3 star champs from the awesome Cavalier crystals! Isn't this wonderful?

Btw joking aside, I don't get why there s so few r4 materials in milestones and rank rewards. Alliance milestones don't even have anything likely! Is this because the drop rates of t6 and t3 alpha fragments in the crystals are boosted to 29% or so?

(No, I don't think so).
  • RedDevilRedDevil Member Posts: 52
    Why do we Paragon or Thronebreakers need that Cavalier Crystals & Nexus Cavalier Crystal from GBC (max gets only 3* from those Crystals)
    So, Sir Plz Kindly remove those items from GBC :neutral:
  • Deamon1337Deamon1337 Member Posts: 152 ★★

Rohit_316 said:

To qualify for the all alliance milestones (and get the abyss nexus) you have to spend 2400-2700 units. Not only 1200....
    You get 10k points free in the Accolades Solo Event by opening the GBC's. Then you get 8k points from opening the GBC's from the milestones. 4 GBC's are in the Holiday Calendar so an extra 4k points. So you are missing 11333 points, but you get 1050 units from the milestones, which you can use to buy 3 GBC's and open them to get all points you need for the alliance milestones without spending 'your' units.
  • asgadionasgadion Member Posts: 55
    Hey all, so since Kabam won't respond if you can gift friends too or only alliance mates, I dug into forum to find last years details... it seems like this year they went out of their way to say you can gift alliance mates rather just saying "fellow summoners" like previous years... I think to be safe, its best to assume you can only gift to alliance members
    link to post: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/288676/celebrate-the-holidays-and-a-special-birthday-with-the-contest-starting-december-1/p1

edited December 2022
    asgadion said:

Hey all, so since Kabam won't respond if you can gift friends too or only alliance mates, ...
    ... I think to be safe, its best to assume you can only gift to alliance members

@Kabam Jax @Kabam Miike could we please have confirmation for this? So we can migrate our alts in same alliance as us.
  • MirrhourMirrhour Member Posts: 5
    I’m a bit worried on the timing and eligibility of the event. We have someone that is planning on leaving our ally after battleground season ends which is the 19th. Assuming he can leave that day and still get rewards without an issue, we have less than 24 hours to find someone else to join. And they wouldn’t be eligible for banquet rewards until the last day of the event. Unless I’m missing something
  • Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Member Posts: 544 ★★★
    Sending accolades is free? Because in the event, the grand banquet crystals are in the "more rewards" section....thanks @Kabam Miike
  • TheParasiteTheParasite Member Posts: 408 ★★
    If my calculations were not wrong,
    Consider, If any regular summoner who just want to do the Greater Banquet Crystal (GBC) openings for Solo Milestone, (Forget the other source of attaining GBC)
    It should give 3000 points for the purchase with 300 units and extra 1000 points for the opening of it..
    That makes a total of 4000 points for one GBC.

So the Solo Top Milestone of a summoner is assigned to 100K which makes it 100,000/4000 = 25 Crystals
    25 Crystals costs 25x300 = 7500 units....

For the past years, if I am not mistaken the top solo milestone was achieved with a spending of 3500 units.
    Now why the raise of it yo 7500 units this year...

Isn't it kind of a Unit/Cash Grab..
  • TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Member Posts: 453 ★★★★

If my calculations were not wrong,
    Consider, If any regular summoner who just want to do the Greater Banquet Crystal (GBC) openings for Solo Milestone, (Forget the other source of attaining GBC)
    It should give 3000 points for the purchase with 300 units and extra 1000 points for the opening of it..
    That makes a total of 4000 points for one GBC.

So the Solo Top Milestone of a summoner is assigned to 100K which makes it 100,000/4000 = 25 Crystals
    25 Crystals costs 25x300 = 7500 units....

For the past years, if I am not mistaken the top solo milestone was achieved with a spending of 3500 units.
    Now why the raise of it yo 7500 units this year...

Isn't it kind of a Unit/Cash Grab..

You can't compare this year rewards with the previous years rewards though, Also 5k units should be enough to get you everything expect the 5 star relic, compare that to the recent cyber offers and you'll know this one is 100 times better, I'm not even counting rank rewards or what you'll get form the banquet crystals
  • TheParasiteTheParasite Member Posts: 408 ★★
    edited December 2022

You can't compare this year rewards with the previous years rewards though, Also 5k units should be enough to get you everything expect the 5 star relic, compare that to the recent cyber offers and you'll know this one is 100 times better, I'm not even counting rank rewards or what you'll get form the banquet crystals

the scaling value between a single year is more than 1:2 ratio mate,
    that is what I am pointing out here
    even I omitted the other rewards in consideration
    When everything in this game is getting buffed but the units we get in any mode still remains the same.. that wouldn't get buffed ever.
    Even if you disagree with it, it is the fact. To achieve the top milestone more or less that much units have to be spent.

Already the game has become a grind this gives a massive negative effect to any Free To Play members who at the least had a chance in the previous years to get the top milestone. (I have the grinded units, but it will not be the case of many)

Stopping with whichever milestone we want is our personal preference.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,819 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax
    If we bought the greater banquet crystal for ourselves, do the points still apply to the alliance event or only the solo event milestones?

You can only buy them for yourself
    Yeah, I'm asking if the points for buying them apply to both the alliance and solo milestones
    Yes, it's already been answered in this thread.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,819 ★★★★★

Rohit_316 said:

To qualify for the all alliance milestones (and get the abyss nexus) you have to spend 2400-2700 units. Not only 1200....
    I think what he's referring to is you can use the units from the milestones plus the 1200 to get all the alliance milestones.
  • Elite13Elite13 Member Posts: 184
    What are the drop rates for the greater banquet crystals?
  • Wesam_ElzoghbyWesam_Elzoghby Member Posts: 10
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Jax

Why keep silent and not respond to any words, they just watch the questions
  • asgadionasgadion Member Posts: 55
    edit: cav auto corrected to car lol
  • JefechutaJefechuta Member Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    asgadion said:

Jefechuta said:

Elite13 said:

They said that we will know it the release date of those.

Anyway, why is everybody being so annoying about Scrap?

Kabam confirmed that it will be between 50k and 500k Scrap, which guarantees between 1 to 10 entries to the SQ, and looks like no one remembers the rewards, so Ill remember you those:

1. 1 Cav Crystal (which is already another possible reward in the GBC)
    2. 3000 5* Shards (which also is a reward, maybe less or maybe more than what we will see but it its)
    3. 6* Sig Stone (which is also a reward in the GBC)
    4. T2 A and T5 B fragments (which is also a reward in the GBC)
    5. 500 6*Shards (which also is a reward, maybe less or maybe more than what we will see but it its)

So, if you get the lowest amount of Scrap, you can still get a other rewards from the GBC that are in the SQ, and if you get more than 50k, you can get more rewards than some of the GBC, so seriously, stop being such a dummys with the Scrap.

T4 CC is a different problem, those shouldnt be in this crystal as they are too easy to get by other ways, same with Additional Gold and T6 ISO BUT ONLY if the amounts of those 2 are low, if its 1Million gold + and T6 worth that gold I think it will be kinda okay.

Still, nobody remembers last years rewards, so I recommend you to go back and watch them, as they were way worse if you compare them to what you needed at that time.

Im looking forward to spend all the units and money I decided not to invest in Cyber Black Weekend Monday
    Ok lets break down your points.

1. It is a car crystal with a limited pool of very trash champs, which most people would not spend units on, nor are they comparable to regular Cavs with a much larger pool

2. This is fair because at worst you get 3k shards, and at best you can get 30k (which is a fair amount- I have notes from last years GGCs where I opened 300 of them and 5* drops were either 5k, 10k or 15 k)

3. 6* sig stones are also a prize, but at minimum there is going to be +5, but with scraps the maximum (which is rare) you can get will be 5... majority of the time it will be much less... last year all 6* sig drops were minimum of 5 sigs... the economy has changed and 6* are more available now (where you can pick up 50 GENERIC weekly), so why should we be happy with a reward being 1 6* class stone (if you get 50 k scrap)

4. This is fair, as you can get from 0.5 T5B to 5 T5B, slightly greater amounts with T2A. These are a fair progression from the drops of last year giving either a half or full of each of these catalysts.

5. This is a very poor amount on the lower side of drops as you will get from 0.5k -5k 6* shards (majority being on the lower end)... The game economy for 6* shards has progressed a lot recently (to the extent many can puck up 30k shards almost weekly)... lest year the drops for 6* shards were either 2.5k , 5k or 10k... reducing the minimum drop value to 500 6* shards is a joke.

In summary, the only good value from the scrap is either T5B/T2A catalysts or 5* Shards... This month we have already been given 49 entries... (which has been more than enough to sort out our overflow of t2a- if you focused on t5b) If t5b/t2a are already drops in the pull, why are we doubling these when there's too many that have already been offered this month... next good value being the 5* shards, which as a paragon player, most have little to no value for 5 stars as we progress our roster... 300 units for 3k shards.. no thanks! (even for 30 k shards for the 300 units is a stretch) . So hopefully now you understand why people are being a "dummy" obsessing over the scrap

p.s. very bold of you to assume "nobody" remembers last year's drops... I have a whole page with 300 ggcs worth of data to share if you are interested ;)
    Obviously I know it is not the same with the 6* shards and Sig stones, but what I meant to say is that is it not that tremendously bad, Its still "decent", compared on what the "bad" or "decent" rewards were last years for that year.

Kinda disagree on the SQ Cav champs being trash, my man, you have: Nebula is pretty decent, Venom is still very good, I dont really play Venompool but Its not a trash champ, Miles Morales is pretty decent aswell, Guillotine is pretty decent, Angela is amazing, Guillotine 2099 still a beast, IMIW pretty decent aswell, Nova is decent aswell, Storm is decent, She Hulk is pretty good, Silver Surfer is amazing aswell. The rest of the champs yeah, are kinda meh, but you have a nice pool still.

I still think that Scrap is not that bad, but anyway, you aint going to get Scrap all the times you open GBC, maybe once every 10 and if its a decent amount its still worthy, but people act like you are going to get only Scrap or that Scrap only gives bs, and it does not, obviously I will prefer a 6* awakening gem but hey, not gonna complain if I get some Scrap
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,503 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    asgadion said:

Jefechuta said:

Elite13 said:

They said that we will know it the release date of those.

Anyway, why is everybody being so annoying about Scrap?

Kabam confirmed that it will be between 50k and 500k Scrap, which guarantees between 1 to 10 entries to the SQ, and looks like no one remembers the rewards, so Ill remember you those:

1. 1 Cav Crystal (which is already another possible reward in the GBC)
    2. 3000 5* Shards (which also is a reward, maybe less or maybe more than what we will see but it its)
    3. 6* Sig Stone (which is also a reward in the GBC)
    4. T2 A and T5 B fragments (which is also a reward in the GBC)
    5. 500 6*Shards (which also is a reward, maybe less or maybe more than what we will see but it its)

So, if you get the lowest amount of Scrap, you can still get a other rewards from the GBC that are in the SQ, and if you get more than 50k, you can get more rewards than some of the GBC, so seriously, stop being such a dummys with the Scrap.

T4 CC is a different problem, those shouldnt be in this crystal as they are too easy to get by other ways, same with Additional Gold and T6 ISO BUT ONLY if the amounts of those 2 are low, if its 1Million gold + and T6 worth that gold I think it will be kinda okay.

Still, nobody remembers last years rewards, so I recommend you to go back and watch them, as they were way worse if you compare them to what you needed at that time.

Im looking forward to spend all the units and money I decided not to invest in Cyber Black Weekend Monday
    Ok lets break down your points.

1. It is a car crystal with a limited pool of very trash champs, which most people would not spend units on, nor are they comparable to regular Cavs with a much larger pool

2. This is fair because at worst you get 3k shards, and at best you can get 30k (which is a fair amount- I have notes from last years GGCs where I opened 300 of them and 5* drops were either 5k, 10k or 15 k)

3. 6* sig stones are also a prize, but at minimum there is going to be +5, but with scraps the maximum (which is rare) you can get will be 5... majority of the time it will be much less... last year all 6* sig drops were minimum of 5 sigs... the economy has changed and 6* are more available now (where you can pick up 50 GENERIC weekly), so why should we be happy with a reward being 1 6* class stone (if you get 50 k scrap)

4. This is fair, as you can get from 0.5 T5B to 5 T5B, slightly greater amounts with T2A. These are a fair progression from the drops of last year giving either a half or full of each of these catalysts.

5. This is a very poor amount on the lower side of drops as you will get from 0.5k -5k 6* shards (majority being on the lower end)... The game economy for 6* shards has progressed a lot recently (to the extent many can puck up 30k shards almost weekly)... lest year the drops for 6* shards were either 2.5k , 5k or 10k... reducing the minimum drop value to 500 6* shards is a joke.

In summary, the only good value from the scrap is either T5B/T2A catalysts or 5* Shards... This month we have already been given 49 entries... (which has been more than enough to sort out our overflow of t2a- if you focused on t5b) If t5b/t2a are already drops in the pull, why are we doubling these when there's too many that have already been offered this month... next good value being the 5* shards, which as a paragon player, most have little to no value for 5 stars as we progress our roster... 300 units for 3k shards.. no thanks! (even for 30 k shards for the 300 units is a stretch) . So hopefully now you understand why people are being a "dummy" obsessing over the scrap

p.s. very bold of you to assume "nobody" remembers last year's drops... I have a whole page with 300 ggcs worth of data to share if you are interested ;)
    Unless I missed the memo, and 7*s have not only been released but also taken over the game, then Cav Crystals still contain a chance at the highest Rarity of Champs. No Players are beyond those. Further to that, I don't see anything less in these Crystals than previous. More, actually. They're not going to be Top Tier Rewards only. That's not how RNG works.
  • AxewAxew Member Posts: 620 ★★★★
    Is the 6 star awakening gem from the solo milestones a generic?
  • TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Member Posts: 453 ★★★★
    Axew said:

Is the 6 star awakening gem from the solo milestones a generic?

I might cry if it's not, but when it's a class one they say AG crystal, for generics it's Awakening Gem