**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

BG question to Paragons

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    I'm not defending anything. I'm clarifying that there's a huge difference between what's "easy" for someone with a lower Account, and what's "easy" for someone who is a seasoned Player with an Alt. That fact seems to be omitted quite often when people more advanced pass the judgment that others are getting easy Rewards. There's a certain amount of hypocrisy to the argument when people are complaining they're not getting ahead when coming up against larger Accounts in their own Matches, and asserting people are getting ahead because their Matches aren't as hard. The whole judgment lacks perspective.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

I'm not defending anything. I'm clarifying that there's a huge difference between what's "easy" for someone with a lower Account, and what's "easy" for someone who is a seasoned Player with an Alt. That fact seems to be omitted quite often when people more advanced pass the judgment that others are getting easy Rewards. There's a certain amount of hypocrisy to the argument when people are complaining they're not getting ahead when coming up against larger Accounts in their own Matches, and asserting people are getting ahead because their Matches aren't as hard. The whole judgment lacks perspective.

I don’t think you have understand what Prestige matchmaking does exactly.
    Small accounts by-pass competition as it is.
    Whether you, or me, or anyone else, likes or not, this is what’s happening. It’s a fact. It’s not debatable.
    And as an outcome of this, a high percentage of small accounts (if not all, in case of UC and Cav accounts), are placing higher than they would otherwise do.
    While a high percentage of bigger Paragon and TB accounts, will stay lower.
    In fact whichever big account doesn’t make it to GC, will place lower than he otherwise would.
    This is the outcome of Prestige matchmaking.
    We have UC 200k accounts already at GC, while nearly half Paragon accounts are still in VT.
    Same was happening during AW Prestige matchmaking.
    We had small allies at Platinum or even Master tiers 😂, while 2,3,5 or even 10x rated allies were at gold.
    Rewards are on stakes, and in the case of BGs the most “meta” rewards.
    There is no room to cater to things as “equal” matches.
    As long as you want the rewards, you need to face the competition, no matter how minor or superior is account wise.
    Any parameter of individual accounts, shouldn’t be a factor fo matchmaking in a shared pool of prizes.
    That is pure manipulating that favours certain account types.
    In case of Prestige matchmaking favours the lower Prestige accounts.
    Within the same bracket, matchmaking should be totally RANDOM.

• Options
    I'm not whipping out the size of my Account. This isn't a locker room. Also, you're literally coming back at me with the same point I made. The difference is, I'm not asserting I know how anything is at a level I'm not. I'm saying you can't use the example of someone who has the experience of a 4M Account as a testament to how it is for someone with the experience of an 800k Account.
    People do it all the time. "I made an Alt, and they have it so easy."
    Not the same. Not at all. People are learning at their own pace, with their own experience. They're not going back with all the knowledge and experience they have, and calling it a cake walk.
    I don't claim to have experience I don't. That's just not the way I operate. I also don't presume to tell others how easy it is for them. I'm the last person that would ever say "Git gud.".
    I will however, point out the irony in the argument when people complain they're not getting ahead with their own Matches, and blame others who are getting ahead with theirs.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Greekhit said:

I don’t think you have understand what Prestige matchmaking does exactly.
    Small accounts by-pass competition as it is.
    Whether you, or me, or anyone else, likes or not, this is what’s happening. It’s a fact. It’s not debatable.
    And as an outcome of this, a high percentage of small accounts (if not all, in case of UC and Cav accounts), are placing higher than they would otherwise do.
    While a high percentage of bigger Paragon and TB accounts, will stay lower.
    In fact whichever big account doesn’t make it to GC, will place lower than he otherwise would.
    This is the outcome of Prestige matchmaking.
    We have UC 200k accounts already at GC, while nearly half Paragon accounts are still in VT.
    Same was happening during AW Prestige matchmaking.
    We had small allies at Platinum or even Master tiers 😂, while 2,3,5 or even 10x rated allies were at gold.
    Rewards are on stakes, and in the case of BGs the most “meta” rewards.
    There is no room to cater to things as “equal” matches.
    As long as you want the rewards, you need to face the competition, no matter how minor or superior is account wise.
    Any parameter of individual accounts, shouldn’t be a factor fo matchmaking in a shared pool of prizes.
    That is pure manipulating that favours certain account types.
    In case of Prestige matchmaking favours the lower Prestige accounts.
    Within the same bracket, matchmaking should be totally RANDOM.

I'm quite aware of the results of Prestige Matchmaking. I suggested it originally, and I also saw the effects of it. I was never suggesting it was a long-term solution, just a way to prevent the manipulation temporarily until a better solution was found.
    BGs are not the same, not in the current format. I also never suggested using Prestige. I DID point out that manipulation is something that needs to be addressed. It was true then and it's true now. There has to be something protecting people who are newer and still starting out from being pecked off by older Accounts who are just riding the system for easy Wins. I've already outlined why that's a problem. It's not just "dog-eat-dog". These Accounts are entirely limited because of how the scoring works. They can't compete "skill for skill" because they're bringing a knife to a gun fight.
    The part that I'm pointing out in this discussion is, if people are arguing they're more skilled and deserve greater Rewards, then why aren't they winning their own Matches? The answer is the same argument for the other side. The difference is, the bane of one side is being justified for the boon of the other. Two wrongs don't make a right. People haven't earned the right to have easier Rewards just because they've played longer. They've earned the right to work harder for greater Rewards.
    The game would be in a horrible state of affairs if the people who had the most accelerated growth were at the top. Nothing would change. I'm sure some would love that idea. No one would ever catch up to them. Only, you have to have accelerated growth earlier on, with plateaus, and slower advancement as you rise. That's what balances the entire system and allows people to make their way up the ladder. This idea that people have achieved some sort of easy win status isn't realistic. It's also dangerous. I've seen the other side of War. Many people really don't have much interest in it anymore. It's catered to the uppermost demographic, and it's not worth the effort for people under the tip. I'm also not proud to say that, because I've loved War since the first Beta, but that's the experience I've seen on the other end. There is a fine line between being competitive and disincentivizing people.
  • Options
    That's why I still say the easiest solution is to address the Rewards rather than the Matchmaking. If the Rewards are scaled based on progression, not only are Players getting Rewards more appropriate to where they're at, but it also motivates them to reach the next Milestone for better Rewards overall. If the Rewards are the argument, then look at that.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,149 ★★★★★
    I have him blocked so I never have to see his posts.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,304 ★★★★★
    The easiest would be to make matchmaking completely random. To protect lower accounts, either stagger the starting point based on title or performance in previous season or just have separate leagues based on account progression with different sets of rewards. There is no reason to have prestige criteria for matchmaking.
  • Options
    DrZola said:

Only other thing I can think of is to have separate classes for each level of summoner—think “high school” for UC, “Junior college” for Cavs, “College” for TBs and “Pro” for Paragons—with separate, calibrated prizes and separate BG leagues for each level. But that would probably kill the mode entirely.

Dr. Zola

It can still be done if they make matchmaking random but give the individual accounts ability to pick what league they want to play in. If an uncollected player wants to play with paragons, they better be ready for the competition. Just like monthly EQ/SQ.
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike @kabam Jax
    @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Vydious

I'm going to ask again as today is Monday and maybe stuff was lost over the weekend.

Can someone from Kabam please acknowledge the concern that many of the Paragon or higher account players have.

Every time the lower players had BG concerns over past few seasons, mods were on it, which makes me confused why we can't get an acknowledgement here.

If you think that it's fair that many UC and Cav accounts are in GC getting better rewards than Paragon who can't get out of gold because extremely unfair matchmaking system that punishes ranking up champs, then I guess this will continue to go ignored as much as it shocks me that anyone can think that it is fair.
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 653 ★★★
    It’s not just paragon players that get matched up against accounts stronger than theirs, I’m thronebreaker and I’m constantly matched up against players that the weakest champs in their deck are just as strong if not stronger than my top champs. It sucks but I’d much rather have that and have to be the underdog than get matched up against some poor uncollected player who has no chance of winning. The match making isn’t the best but it’s definitely needed that it faces players with similar progression against each other otherwise this mode would only be fun for the top progression players and would be ruined for a huge percentage of players.

This game isn’t just for the end game players it also needs those new players coming in to replace the ones that quit.
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    I will say this as a Paragon player matches got easier once in plat as it was matching me with smaller accounts that were using 5 stars. I don't know why the match making changed but it seemed to be more based on progression in BGs vs prestige. I thought since I didn't push hard this season that all the big accounts had moved to GC. I'm in GC now and it seems to be a lot of tb accounts still.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

The easiest would be to make matchmaking completely random. To protect lower accounts, either stagger the starting point based on title or performance in previous season or just have separate leagues based on account progression with different sets of rewards. There is no reason to have prestige criteria for matchmaking.

Switching to a BG based rating like GC does and basing matchmaking around that is the best long term solution but only if they stop resetting the progress we make each season in determining where someone should be ranked. 4 Weeks is honestly not even enough time to get everyone placed where they should be. It can take many months to truly be determined. Truly random matches is swinging the needle to far to the other side imo.
  • Options
    K00shMaan said:

Graves_3 said:

Switching to a BG based rating like GC does and basing matchmaking around that is the best long term solution but only if they stop resetting the progress we make each season in determining where someone should be ranked. 4 Weeks is honestly not even enough time to get everyone placed where they should be. It can take many months to truly be determined. Truly random matches is swinging the needle to far to the other side imo.
    At least when you have everyone in the same pool starting out. That's mayhem.
  • Options

Now this ridiculous matchmaking system has got these lower entitled players complaining about having to fight decent players in leagues way above where they belong.

Same thing happened last season. It's ridiculous some dude just make a big complaint post complaining to Kabam hea facing paragons in diamond when he only has 3 r3 6 stars.

Meanwhike we have lots of paragons still stuck in gold and platinum and this dude comaimong about matches in diamond tier when he belongs way lower.

Kabam really needs to reevaluate this nonsense systems

K00shMaan said:

Graves_3 said:

Agree with you that BG rating is probably the best long term solution but the supporters of the current system would claim that people will abuse the system by losing a bunch to get easier matches.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

Now this ridiculous matchmaking system has got these lower entitled players complaining about having to fight decent players in leagues way above where they belong.

Same thing happened last season. It's ridiculous some dude just make a big complaint post complaining to Kabam hea facing paragons in diamond when he only has 3 r3 6 stars.

Meanwhike we have lots of paragons still stuck in gold and platinum and this dude comaimong about matches in diamond tier when he belongs way lower.

Kabam really needs to reevaluate this nonsense systems

K00shMaan said:

Graves_3 said:

Agree with you that BG rating is probably the best long term solution but the supporters of the current system would claim that people will abuse the system by losing a bunch to get easier matches.
    And that's why you make sure that the rewards system doesn't make that a beneficial option to them. Yeah maybe they can do it to make the 48 hour objectives easier but just make sure that they can't really make any progress on the other rewards doing it that way. Their needs to be a better balance between the value of a win and a loss. Current system has all these situations where there is little downside to losing and also situations where wins can become meaningless.
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

It’s not just paragon players that get matched up against accounts stronger than theirs, I’m thronebreaker and I’m constantly matched up against players that the weakest champs in their deck are just as strong if not stronger than my top champs. It sucks but I’d much rather have that and have to be the underdog than get matched up against some poor uncollected player who has no chance of winning. The match making isn’t the best but it’s definitely needed that it faces players with similar progression against each other otherwise this mode would only be fun for the top progression players and would be ruined for a huge percentage of players.

This game isn’t just for the end game players it also needs those new players coming in to replace the ones that quit.

You are completely missing the point. And fyi, everyone competes against everyone in AW and UC can face Paragon with r5 6 stars. The big difference is that AW matchmaking doesn't reset everyone to zero every season so alliances end up in their appropriate tier after time but can fall or rise based on progression or pack there of of those in the alliance.

AW matchmaking makes it to where most people have a fairish chance in AW while letting all players compete for same rewards without allowing a weak or undeveloped rosters get better rewards than those they have no chance of beating.

A couple years ago AW tried a matchmaking system very similar to the current BG matchmaking system and it failed miserable and was abandoned when alliance still using 4 star champs were finishing higher and getting better rewards than alliances literally ten times stronger than them, all because the weak were able to bypass the stronget.
  • Options

A couple years ago AW tried a matchmaking system very similar to the current BG matchmaking system and it failed miserable and was abandoned when alliance still using 4 star champs were finishing higher and getting better rewards than alliances literally ten times stronger than them, all because the weak were able to bypass the stronget.

This what’s exactly happening at BGs now.
    The sad part of it is, that Kabam didn’t learned their lessons from AW and the Prestige matchmaking consequences.
    Yet they chose this as a solution to “sandbagging”, which was a problem, but way minor than letting small or tiny accounts overachieving in BGs, in disadvantage of bigger accounts.
    And the most sad part of it is, that none of the moderators has jumped in the conversation yet, to at least acknowledge that the company is aware of the situation.
    Because this, can’t be intentional.
    A responsible answer is required to this.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit

• Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    I have to agree that matchmaking isn't perfect and it definitely discourages ranking up champs unless they fit the meta.
    And even then, if you r4 one champ it sends you into the next level of competition, where it gets increasingly tough to win.

My PI was 12800 a week ago. Just for testing I added a few relics and ranked up my Nimrod. My PI is 13900 right now with those changes and ppl might think, whoa, but really my roster hasn't changed much.

I'm winning matches using my r2/3 champs and a lot of 5* r5 because that's what I have for this "meta".

If I r4 another champ, I'm sure it'll put a hard stop on me winning matches.
  • Options

I have to agree that matchmaking isn't perfect and it definitely discourages ranking up champs unless they fit the meta.
    And even then, if you r4 one champ it sends you into the next level of competition, where it gets increasingly tough to win.

My PI was 12800 a week ago. Just for testing I added a few relics and ranked up my Nimrod. My PI is 13900 right now with those changes and ppl might think, whoa, but really my roster hasn't changed much.

I'm winning matches using my r2/3 champs and a lot of 5* r5 because that's what I have for this "meta".

13.9k prestige is quite low to lure the big accounts.
    When you reach the 15k mark you will start facing stacked accounts with r4s/r3s decks.
    I’m at 15.6k prestige and I match up to full r4 decks.
    And the most annoying part is, these full r4 deck accounts are still at Gold2, while UC accounts are at GC 😠
    No matter how you try to justify this, it doesn’t seems right 🤔
  • Options
    That's something that happens as you progress either way. You go from being a big fish in a little pond to being a little fish in a big pond. As we advance, we're not going to be on top right away.
  • Options
    The larger issue is starting out with no rhyme or reason, and that makes the first two weeks of the entire process unreasonable. To the point where it makes no sense in playing at all until the dust settles.
  • Options

The larger issue is starting out with no rhyme or reason, and that makes the first two weeks of the entire process unreasonable. To the point where it makes no sense in playing at all until the dust settles.

That’s an issue too.
    Accounts should “kick start” at VT tiers based on the previous season final placement.
    That would allow a totally random matchmaking (within the same bracket), and protect the lower accounts from facing higher accounts from the start of the procedure.
    Then no one could complain, because everyone will be getting what their combination of account and skill can achieve.

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Greekhit said:

13.9k prestige is quite low to lure the big accounts.
    When you reach the 15k mark you will start facing stacked accounts with r4s/r3s decks.
    I’m at 15.6k prestige and I match up to full r4 decks.
    And the most annoying part is, these full r4 deck accounts are still at Gold2, while UC accounts are at GC 😠
    No matter how you try to justify this, it doesn’t seems right 🤔
    That's what I said. Ranking up champs has never been so bad.

I want to, but really I don't want to.

Not sure what you mean by "try to justify".

I'd like to add, I have faced accounts with several r4 champs. I think there was a time I faced a few ppl with more than 8 r4 champs.

Their pi was over 15k
  • Options
    Greekhit said:

That’s an issue too.
    Accounts should “kick start” at VT tiers based on the previous season final placement.
    That would allow a totally random matchmaking (within the same bracket), and protect the lower accounts from facing higher accounts from the start of the procedure.
    Then no one could complain, because everyone will be getting what their combination of account and skill can achieve.

I like the idea but

how do you propose we get the rewards that are given as we progress through the ranked tiers?