**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

BG question to Paragons

Comments

• Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,303 ★★★★★
    This maybe like the thread on gold deals. After a point of time it will die without any response from the mods.
  • Options
    ValrozValroz Posts: 183 ★★
    1.5M Paragon and I play to lose and have fun while losing. Makes the disappointment and frustration far less aggravating. LOL.

I think BG is at least 60% luck easily. I've had matches where I literally had the worst possible match ups even against lower rank players.

I'm just hoping next season it will not be as bad.
  • Options
    MordMord Posts: 114 ★★
    Valroz said:

I'm just hoping next season it will not be as bad.

Just got stuck again in VT with a long streak of matches against monster accounts and ran out of patience. I'm fine with losing but climbing this season is taking way more time and effort than I'm able to commit.

I will likely skip next BG seasons and not touch them until these questions are addressed and matchmaking changed.

• Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,303 ★★★★★
    Mods please look at exhibit A to prove the point this thread is trying to make

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/326249/matchmaking-nightmare
    A low level account reaching GC easily and having 30 straight losses since then. This needs to be looked at.
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/326249/matchmaking-nightmare
    A low level account reaching GC easily and having 30 straight losses since then. This needs to be looked at.

If that is exhibit A, well exhibit B is in the works. I'm hoping to have it finalized soon, but I'll post it here when it's done.
  • Options
    Here ya all go, this goes live in premiere in about 10 minutes. If you agree, please share it. If your a paragon and struggled to get into GC or still not in GC, be sure to watch.

https://youtu.be/3IK2f5dozcY
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

It's such a disgrace that this is how it's working AFTER we all told them this is what would happen.
  • Options

Graves_3 said:

It's such a disgrace that this is how it's working AFTER we all told them this is what would happen.
    You think that's bad, take a look at the vid I posted, also, think your in it (used some quotes to emphasize the problem)
  • Options

Graves_3 said:

You think that's bad, take a look at the vid I posted, also, think your in it (used some quotes to emphasize the problem)
    lol, will do.
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 652 ★★★

BGs are made for them as well. Not just the "oldest and most loyal". The game doesn't revolve around one set of Players. It's not "them or us". I've heard that argument enough in other areas. It's alienating one set of Players to appease the other. The game doesn't revolve around anyone. It's here for all levels.

The forum is full of salty paragons who aren’t skilled enough to win against people with similar rosters. This is the only game that rewards skill
    over progression. And maybe it could use some changes it’s not broken and garbage like they say it is. We are all facing people with stronger rosters than us, unless you’re at the top of the game, that’s just how it will be.

People get upset about allowing newer players to progress faster and allowing them to actually be able to compete in BG. But without the new players they seem to hate, the game would die out. It needs a steady stream of new players to help replace the old ones who quit.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited January 2023
    DNA3000 said:

TyEdge said:

Greekhit said:

The larger issue is starting out with no rhyme or reason, and that makes the first two weeks of the entire process unreasonable. To the point where it makes no sense in playing at all until the dust settles.

That’s an issue too.
    Accounts should “kick start” at VT tiers based on the previous season final placement.
    That would allow a totally random matchmaking (within the same bracket), and protect the lower accounts from facing higher accounts from the start of the procedure.
    Then no one could complain, because everyone will be getting what their combination of account and skill can achieve.

I like the idea but

how do you propose we get the rewards that are given as we progress through the ranked tiers?
    In the mail.

Welcome to Season 4! You're starting in Diamond III, here are rewards from the lower tiers. Good luck!

Not that hard Kabam.
    This is exactly right. Even if we just did bronze-silver-gold-platinum for uncollected-cavalier-TB-paragon, that’d be ideal. Weaker rosters have peers to battle to gain experience. Stronger rosters deservedly avoid the grind.
    When Cav players get to Diamond but then reset down to bronze next season, while Paragon players get to start every season at platinum for doing nothing, you're probably going to discover that this is not ideal. This will get your house burned to the ground with you and your pets still in it.

Keep in mind the system we have now works perfectly fine, except for all the people who hate it. It is easy to come up with something that works if you ignore all the people who will hate it. Changing which people hate it without reducing their numbers is not progress.
    I think you’re wrong. You would’ve removed the TB and paragon players from the matchmaking pool for Cavs early, shortened their path to GC, and made wins more attainable at low levels.

UC bronze
    Cav silver
    TB gold
    Paragon platinum (or put with TB if that’s too much)

Hate and spite are powerful motivators. After the garbage cyber weekend offers in 2020, I saved my units and pushed through 6.4 and 7.1 to become TB. You wanna start in gold? Kill the grandmaster.
  • Options
    Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    A_Fungi said:

I see the reasoning of matching similar rosters. But as you laid out, I don't think it's good for the people who have put in the years of progression.

I have 13 R4s but many of them aren't even usable in this meta.

I refuse to do any rankups solely for this meta that will be gone in 2 weeks or so.

These nodes should avoid having to have specific champs in the future. I should be able to use anyone on my roster with some skillful play.

Ranking champs to deal with a temporary node to get rank up resources seems counterintuitive.

And seriously Kabam... I don't ban hulkling or galan so I can try to draft them... could I please have them in my roll options just once?

How is that on Kabam that the opponent bans them?
  • Options
    Been seeing lots of mod activity today, but this thread still going ignored. That sucks.
  • Options

Been seeing lots of mod activity today, but this thread still going ignored. That sucks.

They don't care, it's pretty obvious.
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 807 ★★★★

I am not Paragon - just TB. But it’s pretty frustrating slogging through victory track, often getting stuck, while knowing my last couple rank 3 level ups just made my life a lot harder in battlegrounds. The salt in the wound is lower PI’s already in gladiator circuit not facing any of the competition I am facing.
  • Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★

@Chatterofforums what is your channel, let's your gameplay

Channel is MCOC AlBundyRules. I took over a year break but recently started it back up.

https://youtube.com/@mcocalbundyrules9946
    I've watched your channel a few times. Great content
  • Options
    Chikel said:

@Chatterofforums what is your channel, let's your gameplay

Channel is MCOC AlBundyRules. I took over a year break but recently started it back up.

https://youtube.com/@mcocalbundyrules9946
    I've watched your channel a few times. Great content
    Hi and I appreciate it, always enjoy hearing positive stuff about my content.
  • Options
    Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    The current system is providing protections for lower level players.

What if, at each milestone, some of those protections fell off?
    By the end of the Victory track, you are getting a taste of Gladiator Circuit.
  • Options
    DjjendjeenDjjendjeen Posts: 55
    Kabam Jax said:

BG matchmaking is constantly being monitored and evaluated.

Changes are being proposed for future seasons.

Thanks Jax! Hopefully it helps future seasons!
  • Options
    Kabam Jax said:

What have you seen from matchmaking this season? Is Kabam happy with how it's going?
  • Options
    Kabam Jax said:

Thank you very much for at least acknowledging this thread, that's all I wanted and see what happens from there.
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 992 ★★★★
    Hort4 said:

A_Fungi said:

I see the reasoning of matching similar rosters. But as you laid out, I don't think it's good for the people who have put in the years of progression.

I have 13 R4s but many of them aren't even usable in this meta.

I refuse to do any rankups solely for this meta that will be gone in 2 weeks or so.

These nodes should avoid having to have specific champs in the future. I should be able to use anyone on my roster with some skillful play.

Ranking champs to deal with a temporary node to get rank up resources seems counterintuitive.

And seriously Kabam... I don't ban hulkling or galan so I can try to draft them... could I please have them in my roll options just once?

How is that on Kabam that the opponent bans them?
    I don't think you are getting it.

They aren't banned... they just never show up in my roll options
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Essentially when you fight a similar roster it comes down to luck. Are you the first to pick, I would love to see the win rate on the person who places first.
    If you have bad draft luck you have no chance.

For example if me and someone else get matched and we both have galan, rintrah, hulkling, nickfury. The winner is most likely who has these champs show up in the draft versus not.

There are actually a number of counters this Season. Some of them aren't the usual picks for Ranking.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    TB, but thanks for your input.