**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Should the difficulty (PI of defenders) below Uncollected be made same as previous months?

Amanda_CruzeAmanda_Cruze Posts: 67
edited February 2023 in General Discussion
Context- From this month's EQ onwards, the difficulty (PI of Defenders) of lower levels especially below Uncollected like Proven, Conqueror (heroic, master before) etc have been increased.
The reason given by mods was that since players are using 6* r3/r4 champs to clear those levels, it was retuned to match their roster.
Now my personal take on this is that I also used my r3 champs only to Autoplay those difficulties for Units.
I have a 9-6 job and so it was a good opportunity for me to just Autoplay those difficulties during my job and get the said rewards.
With the increased difficulties and PI of defenders, you cannot Autoplay anymore.
But I also noticed one thing. My younger brother started playing the game and he's currently at act 3, so you understand he's having 4* r3 champs. Now with the increased difficulties, he cannot clear the EQ at his progression.
So this is not a problem for players like me (9-6 job) but for newer players who should be doing the EQ level based on their progression but cannot due to increased difficulties!
So what's your take on this?
Should the difficulties/PI of Defenders at the lower level be taken back like before?
Or should the difficulty/ PI be remain same like we have today?

Should the difficulty (PI of defenders) below Uncollected be made same as previous months? 97 votes

Yes. The difficulty should be retuned like before. No need to increase the difficulty at Conqueror and below
78%
GrandOldKaiFreakydADDIS0NzuffyGingerJunoFeeney234SpeedbumpSundance_2099ege999menThereticTigerphilNoıreFredhorst23captaincushLilMaddogHTGarloyuwLiquidkoldMoosetiptronicMaicoñ97 76 votes
No. Keep the current (increased) difficulty. No need to retuned it like previous months
21%
TerrameoreanCassyCupidKnightNvrEndingPikoluSpadeHunterJollyHawkFiiNCHGogiSaltE_Wenis69jaythekidAndremlopesUltragamerCoppinmbgibsonMiniMFAllMight17ThePharcideAntoseumX 21 votes

Comments

• CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    No. Keep the current (increased) difficulty. No need to retuned it like previous months
    Mackey said:

Unless the rewards have also increased, the difficulty should stay EXACTLY the same as before, there is absolutely no plausible reason for it to be increased and the rewards stay the same. If it is indeed because they don't want end game players being able to autoplay it then just lock them out of them Quests so that they're only available to the guys who are at that level

So Conquerors and UC players having ranked 6* is not a plausible reason to increase difficulty?
  • L1zardW1zardL1zardW1zard Posts: 144 ★★★
    Yes. The difficulty should be retuned like before. No need to increase the difficulty at Conqueror and below
    Coppin said:

Mackey said:

Unless the rewards have also increased, the difficulty should stay EXACTLY the same as before, there is absolutely no plausible reason for it to be increased and the rewards stay the same. If it is indeed because they don't want end game players being able to autoplay it then just lock them out of them Quests so that they're only available to the guys who are at that level

So Conquerors and UC players having ranked 6* is not a plausible reason to increase difficulty?
    Why do you keep repeating the same thing like a broken record buddy? Having 6* does nothing if that particular 6* doesn't counter the nodes or the champ it's common sense.

Coppin said:

Mackey said:

Why do you keep repeating the same thing like a broken record buddy? Having 6* does nothing if that particular 6* doesn't counter the nodes or the champ it's common sense.
    I could say the same thing about u?. Why do u keep repeating yourself about lower content being harder?
    U got CONQUERORS and UC with 6*... U got Cavalliers with multiple r3s...
    Ranking and max sig 5* are easy as hell to come by... Its really not that difficult really...
    Also they talk about 1 single place were rewards havent been increased along with difficulty but forget all the other sources of rewards... Getting 5* and 6* is so easy now to knock that content out...

Coppin said:

Mackey said:

Op didn't say uc right?
    And no, the game should evolve and grow but lower content doesn't need to change. In the first place, they really shouldn't tell people how to play or what to play. They should encourage people to do harder content, not force them to. Second, imagine you just started out. You aren't getting the roster bump everyone had from the banquet, so theyre at an immediate and discouraging disadvantage.
    Its a result of ingame economy inflation..
    Lets put it in real life... Lets say they increase your minimum wage from 10 an hour to 15... Well u got more money to spend... Chances are the stuff you used to buy also increases in price...
    Well there are more resources to get and rank 5* and 6*.. chances are things inside the game change to a harder content...
    edited February 2023

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Mackey said:

Op didn't say uc right?
    And no, the game should evolve and grow but lower content doesn't need to change. In the first place, they really shouldn't tell people how to play or what to play. They should encourage people to do harder content, not force them to. Second, imagine you just started out. You aren't getting the roster bump everyone had from the banquet, so theyre at an immediate and discouraging disadvantage.
    Its a result of ingame economy inflation..
    Lets put it in real life... Lets say they increase your minimum wage from 10 an hour to 15... Well u got more money to spend... Chances are the stuff you used to buy also increases in price...
    Well there are more resources to get and rank 5* and 6*.. chances are things inside the game change to a harder content...
    Let's put it in real life then. Say you are going to start 1st grade, but now that computers and teaching tools are way better than they used to be and you have access to them in lots of places you aren't allowed to go to 1st or second grade, and have to go right to third grade. And when you pass 3rd grade you only get credit for passing 1st grade.
    Yeah no .. your comparison is so accurate... Because u got a tablet or a computer u should skip to 3rd grade... Now i understand who i am talking to...
    The best part is that u used a learning example but completely skipped THE LEARNING PROCESS...
    Meanwhile Seatin got a f2p account to TB in under a month or so.. while people stuck in cav complain about how difficult some stuff is 🤣
  • Mackey said:

Unless the rewards have also increased, the difficulty should stay EXACTLY the same as before, there is absolutely no plausible reason for it to be increased and the rewards stay the same.

Yes, but only if they should be forced to do it with the same rosters and resources we had when they were first created.

Each individual piece of content is not a thing in isolation. While the rewards of those difficulty tiers have not been increased per se, the *overall* rewards of the game at lower tiers has been increased immensely. It is not uncommon for players to be going through Act 3 and 4 with 5* rosters or even higher. This is all deliberate: Kabam explicitly stated a while back that they were going to be accelerating progress at lower tiers over time. They shortened the lower Acts while improving their rewards, and they have been increasing the availability of 4* and 5* champions at lower progress tiers and 6* champs at intermediate tiers.

This overall massive acceleration in roster growth over time has made the current EQ difficulty tiers completely inappropriate for lower progress players. Their difficulty was increased to match the strength of the teams those players were bringing into content.

There's a myth that rewards and difficulty are connected. They aren't. Difficulty is determined by the strength of the players and the intent of the relative difficulty of the challenge. Some things are supposed to be relatively easy and routine, some are supposed to be moderately challenging, and some are supposed to be extremely difficult. They could all be targeted at the same players, but have completely different difficulty.

Rewards, on the other hand, are only loosely connected to difficulty. The primary consideration when it comes to rewards are economic balance in nature. While there is some acknowledgement of relative reward value, there's no rule that says if X is more difficult than Y it should contain more rewards than Y. I suspect in the long run, the rewards in monthly EQ will thenselves be rebalanced, just as the difficulty was rebalanced, but only when the economic impact of the changes stabilizes and is measured. They can't just increase all the rewards in EQ, because those rewards don't just come from nowhere. They come from a reward budget for the game as a whole, which has to be reassessed and modified before those rewards can be changed.

• Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,767 ★★★★★
    You can't force people to play a game a certain way. If you try to, you run the risk people will say fudge you and quit playing.
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Mackey said:

I could say the same thing about u?. Why do u keep repeating yourself about lower content being harder?
    Ranking and max sig 5* are easy as hell to come by... Its really not that difficult really...
    Also they talk about 1 single place were rewards havent been increased along with difficulty but forget all the other sources of rewards... Getting 5* and 6* is so easy now to knock that content out...
    Difference is I'm not spamming a dumb argument with zero thought process behind it on every single post I come across about difficulty. Kabam themselves have acknowledged it was overtuned, every single content creator has too, yet you're still here trying to argue with people about it repeating the same YoU gOt 6* NoW tHoUgH as if every UC player has a big enough 6* roster for that to actually matter.
  • FabriciusFabricius Posts: 48
    personally, i haven't done any of the eq's this month. no more autoplay for the lower difficulties and too hard for the last difficulty which I enjoyed playing. now I no longer have any pleasure in playing EQ because I feel a regression in my account. I'm ok with creating a new difficulty for very strong players. I know I can't do it and I understand. but why then had to touch the other difficulties making them less accessible for equal rewards? It does not make sense...
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    Coppin said:

Mackey said:

Are you suggesting to increase difficulty in other old content too, since players now have stronger champs?
    This argument has no logic.
    If difficulty is increased, rewards should increase proportionate, to reflect the effort increase.

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Mackey said:

Difference is I'm not spamming a dumb argument with zero thought process behind it on every single post I come across about difficulty. Kabam themselves have acknowledged it was overtuned, every single content creator has too, yet you're still here trying to argue with people about it repeating the same YoU gOt 6* NoW tHoUgH as if every UC player has a big enough 6* roster for that to actually matter.
    Haha i love how u nitpick the parts that only fit your answer... Kabam acknowledged an overtune.. yes and they have adjusted it a bit a few days later.. still people complain.. ALSO Kabam has explained that the overtune was done BECAUSE of the reason i gave u.... Ahh and yess the Content Creator thoughts... They live on views I'm pretty sure if they said "Its fine, git gud" they would get so many views...oh btw content creators too.. as i said on another response.. Seatin did a bunch of EQ SQ and got an f2p account to TB within a month ..
    And you might be right not every UC will have a 6* but what about 5*?... U can argue the difficulty all you want.. it is what it is... Consider my answer dumb... At least I'm on the side thats ok with it and not getting frustrated...
    edited February 2023
    Greekhit said:

Coppin said:

Mackey said:

Are you suggesting to increase difficulty in other old content too, since players now have stronger champs?
    This argument has no logic.
    If difficulty is increased, rewards should increase proportionate, to reflect the effort increase.
    No . Matter of fact it has been nerfed so many times...did they lower the rewards?
    I'm suggesting to deal with it...
    And if fair is what some people want...
    Well fine go back to the previous difficulty level and gate each level...
    TB can be done with 6* and 5*
    Cav with 5* and 4*
    UC with 4* and 3*..
    Pretty sure people would be even more upset...

Sorry, I used an exaggerated example to illustrate the how silly the logic of this situation is. Of course it doesn't make sense. Neither makes sense. And using a player like seatin as a reference is also silly, considering the hours he's put in compared to most other players, especially anyone getting to conqueror for the first time. You should also accept that sometimes things are harder for other people than they are for you. It's no reason to make fun of them.

I don't recall making fun of them on this post...
    I don't agree with a lot of posts lately about the difficulty, the lack of this, the lack of that... The game is picking up the pace getting ready for 7* and then u got people in lower progressions wanting more and more with the lowest effort possible...
    Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Mackey said:

Haha i love how u nitpick the parts that only fit your answer... Kabam acknowledged an overtune.. yes and they have adjusted it a bit a few days later.. still people complain.. ALSO Kabam has explained that the overtune was done BECAUSE of the reason i gave u.... Ahh and yess the Content Creator thoughts... They live on views I'm pretty sure if they said "Its fine, git gud" they would get so many views...oh btw content creators too.. as i said on another response.. Seatin did a bunch of EQ SQ and got an f2p account to TB within a month ..
    And you might be right not every UC will have a 6* but what about 5*?... U can argue the difficulty all you want.. it is what it is... Consider my answer dumb... At least I'm on the side thats ok with it and not getting frustrated...
    There's nothing to nitpick here, your only argument is "YoU hAvE 6* GiT GuD ReE".
    Did they adjust anything below UC? Cause I barely noticed a difference.
    Yeah? Guess what? Seatin also said the difficulty increase is ridiculous lol.
    Indeed, you're in the minority that doesn't care about the rest of the playerbase, anyone can see that at this point.

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Coppin said:

Mackey said:

There's nothing to nitpick here, your only argument is "YoU hAvE 6* GiT GuD ReE".
    Did they adjust anything below UC? Cause I barely noticed a difference.
    Yeah? Guess what? Seatin also said the difficulty increase is ridiculous lol.
    Indeed, you're in the minority that doesn't care about the rest of the playerbase, anyone can see that at this point.
    Yeah they announce an adjustment below UC...
    And u are not nitpicking?.. u picked just the part where they acknowledged increasing difficulty and not the reason.. also u didnt acknowledge the fact that they have decreases below UC... That's the reason why some people doing the Legends run were upset.. and also the reason why this months Legends run will be adjusted to give rewards to more people...
    You are also nitpicking to the part where i supposedly say "YoU hAvE 6* GiT GuD ReE", cause i also mention the insane availability of 5*...
    Now if its your choice not to use 5*, rank them and use the insane ammount of sig stones available to them... That's on you...not the player base strictly on you...
    Also i never told u to git gud.. stop putting words on my post to fit your narrative.. and like i said... Remember which side of the fence u and I are... I'm on the side that's ok and deal with it.. and you are on the one where u complain about difficulty...
  • Amanda_CruzeAmanda_Cruze Posts: 67
    Seatin is an experienced player. He knows how to intercept and other advanced skills.
    Like I mentioned my younger brother, are we expecting a new player who installed the game a night ago to know those advanced skills?

Seatin is an experienced player. He knows how to intercept and other advanced skills.
    Like I mentioned my younger brother, are we expecting a new player who installed the game a night ago to know those advanced skills?

Why would a brand new player be worried about eq and sq...also there is a ton of revives as u start playing...
  • Tony886Tony886 Posts: 659 ★★
    Increase difficulty but reduce health from 300% to 200%
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,975 ★★★★

Context- From this month's EQ onwards, the difficulty (PI of Defenders) of lower levels especially below Uncollected like Proven, Conqueror (heroic, master before) etc have been increased.
    The reason given by mods was that since players are using 6* r3/r4 champs to clear those levels, it was retuned to match their roster.
    Now my personal take on this is that I also used my r3 champs only to Autoplay those difficulties for Units.
    I have a 9-6 job and so it was a good opportunity for me to just Autoplay those difficulties during my job and get the said rewards.
    With the increased difficulties and PI of defenders, you cannot Autoplay anymore.
    But I also noticed one thing. My younger brother started playing the game and he's currently at act 3, so you understand he's having 4* r3 champs. Now with the increased difficulties, he cannot clear the EQ at his progression.
    So this is not a problem for players like me (9-6 job) but for newer players who should be doing the EQ level based on their progression but cannot due to increased difficulties!
    So what's your take on this?
    Should the difficulties/PI of Defenders at the lower level be taken back like before?
    Or should the difficulty/ PI be remain same like we have today?

read this wrong. conq. and below reduce difficulty, UC and above stay the same. UCs are basically Thronebreakers who don't have the time or effort to complete act 6. No hate to them but like it puzzles me how people with like 5 r3s, and 10 r2s are still UC. They really should have had progression based banquet rewards
  • Viking_St3v3Viking_St3v3 Posts: 147 ★★
    The issue has 2 buckets.
    New players that are uncollected and below. What they have for champs is irrelevant. The content is too difficult for them too soon.

Existing players.
    None of us that are cavalier and up that have spent 4-8 years getting to where we are in the game should have to look at an uncollected event quest and have to plan anything ever to complete it. We all put the grind in and should have access to some easy rewards if we choose to do that content. Not saying we should be able to auto play it, but if we want to go in with higher level champs and 100 percent it for whatever rewards we require then that’s our choice. There is already content that is designed for TB and up that is a grind. But sometimes, it’s good to just have fun and do something mindless. For the 5-10% that can do everything and not die, congratulations on being the pinnacle of mcoc players. You will never be satisfied. For the rest of us, it’s enough to lose a player base.

So yes, uncollected and below should go back to the way it was. Cav can stay as it is. TB, should actually be harder than it is and actually have different nodes than the cav difficulty. Not just a larger health pool.

And while Kabam is at, control and input issues are still an issue. And the AI is straight bonkers currently. I would be 100 percent okay with them taking a month or 2 off and introducing NOTHING to just work on the game.