**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What was the best and worst side events of the last 2-3 years in your opinion?

JoseOkJoseOk Posts: 278 ★★
For me the worst was :

The arcade event, there was nothing redeeming to it. And the coin thing was dumb.

Best:
I really miss treasure island, original rift from a couple years ago( not 2022 rift) and moleman event , symbiote and I wish we’d see more Sasquatch like events where you get ambushed. I know not everyone liked that, but I thought it was fun.

Comments

• Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Last month's SQ .
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,929 ★★★★★
    Worst the 2 month SQ from 2021 fall that so many people had difficulty understanding
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Jubilee's arcade was awful, it was so easy to mess up.
  • Options
    TheSaithTheSaith Posts: 628 ★★★
    ADDIS0N said:

Not sure if this qualifies for your question, but the sunmoner pet Symbiote (or whatever it was called) was, hands down, the most fun I’ve ever had playing this game.

Super bummed that all of us who were around for that did not get to keep the 1* in our roster. Would’ve been a super cool trophy champ for us old-timers.

I got a summoned symbiot bruh..
  • Options
    TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    Gwenpool goes to the movies is still my favourite, it was fun and the rewards were great for that time
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,205 ★★★★
    edited February 2023
    Mutant Treasure Island is probably the best one, I'm between that and one from Spider-Ham release, that month was one of the best ones of MCOC
  • Options
    smy168smy168 Posts: 206 ★★
    This current side event sucks pretty bad...rewards level 3 to 5 are meh...not worth the time or effort, seems like these side events are now geared towards relics...just my opinion.
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,157 ★★★★
    This month is absolutely terrible. Trash. Garbage. BASURA !
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    I enjoyed the one that required you to use 2* champs. I believe it was the BWDO + Red Guardian release month.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,549 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Everyone saying mutant treasure island needs to acknowledge that it was “great” because the original release was bugged, and they basically had to blow the event up a few days into the month to fix issues with it. That’s the only reason it was such a huge win for players.

Maybe there is some but that isn't why I liked it. That event was when I just started to get better at the game and finally managed to do a legendary difficulty, never have I felt that good about the rewards for my effort too, proper account changer for me 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 259 ★★
    WORST: Introduction of Battlegrounds, without a doubt.

Battlegrounds made rewards from almost every other part of the game redundant (eg. compare the amount of time it takes to get 1.000 6s shards from arena and from Battlegrounds? Or look at aquiring generic signature stones).
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,216 ★★★★★
    Worst are definitely BS Rifts.
    Best are the ones with no energy requirements.
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    Moleman expeditions was abysmal. First quest started with 8 paths and every quest after had more iirc. By week 4, you had to complete 16 paths for full exploration

Oh and you would be ambushed by a moleman basically once every path making it even longer for no reason.
  • Options
    silentagsilentag Posts: 429 ★★★
    TyEdge said:

Everyone saying mutant treasure island needs to acknowledge that it was “great” because the original release was bugged, and they basically had to blow the event up a few days into the month to fix issues with it. That’s the only reason it was such a huge win for players.

Thankful I’m not the only one with this thought. Without completely breaking it, the sq would have been like a step down from rifts.

Worst in my opinion from where I was at the time, was the MODOK labs. Those were always just ahead of my skill level at the time, so never got to complete those.

As far as fun value goes, I enjoyed the fun value of GPGTTM and the Summoned Symbiote event. As far as the reward value per effort at the time I would probably say the NF Intel store event.

• Options
    JoseOkJoseOk Posts: 278 ★★
    I honestly missed when they were giving out the featured crystals as a reward path … I wish they hadn’t stopped.
  • Options
    BosleyBosley Posts: 247 ★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

Last month's SQ .

This month is the worst followed by last month. And Treasure Island was the best.
  • Options
    Mutant treasure island was the best for sure. Idk about worst though
  • Options
    SnaponstewySnaponstewy Posts: 51
    This month's sq pretty bad rewards 2nd week are sub sub sub sub par
  • Options
    NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 549 ★★★
    Mutant treasure island
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    Trial of the Panther about 2-3 years ago with absurdly tuned up champs and nodes was awful.

Late last year we had a 2 month long side quest that was so unnecessarily complex and tedious. it enraged plenty of people who didn’t want to bother with it for the first month and then missed out on whatever rewards were gated behind finishing the previous month
  • Options
    Bawa69Bawa69 Posts: 488 ★★★
    Mutant treasure island was fun ...rewars were more than appropriate for that time....

worst was any modok/sinister labs SQ...terrible node combos and absurdly tuned up champs ...with horrible rng on the randomizers..
  • Options
    My love or distaste for a side quest rarely has to do with the rewards and very to do with how many questions I need to answer about it over the whole month.

I don’t know how many people remember Odin’s side quest, but this one rated highly on the convoluted scale. Just too many opportunities for player error. You had to be very precise with the entry costs in a weird way, as they all took the same currency, but each level took a different amount, and you needed to only enter each quest a specific amount of times (a limit which was not advertised) in order to be able to get the full rewards by the end.

I believe there was a similar mechanic with Jubilee’s arcade. A different quest would give you a different amount of stamps than the other, but you wanted a certain amount of total stamps to buy the big prize. But if you did quest A too many times instead of C you wouldn’t get enough. (Also running C was long and repetitive… same path the entire month essentially).

Mutant Treasure Island, as someone else pointed out, was largely very popular due to it being broken. The rewards were quite good for the time so that helped, but having all the rewards visibly laid out from the start wasn’t how the quest was meant to be ran. I do like how willing the community was to come together to help gather intel to help me make a map for it though, when it was originally all mystery locations. That was a great moment.

• Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    This and last months are pretty well tied for the worst...

• Options
    JinxesaxeJinxesaxe Posts: 395 ★★★
    I don’t like ones like this month, or last month. They feel too boring. I really like the March 2022 and November 2022 events though! I really hope that they do something similar soon. I also really enjoyed July 2022, as that was a decent challenge up until the end, when the store ran out of options (bought out my week three of event) and I wasn’t feeling it anymore.

Jinx