Options

Paragon or TB and stuck in Victory track? Check this out

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,295 ★★★★★
    Meaning, "We would flatten them if they came up against us." is not a statement that they don't deserve their progress.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,595 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023

Meaning, "We would flatten them if they came up against us." is not a statement that they don't deserve their progress.

Looking at Arcane right now, I’m 100% comfortable saying many of those accounts don’t deserve their progress or their rewards.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    DrZola said:

Looking at Arcane right now, I’m 100% comfortable saying many of those accounts don’t deserve their progress or their rewards.

Dr. Zola
    That's where I'm going to have to disagree. Unless they cheated somehow to get there, they fight within the competition, they win, they progress, and they have earned them. It's a competition based on progress made within the competition as the requirements stand. They're not manipulating the outcome, they're not cheating (the ones I'm speaking to), and they're not gaining any unfair advantages. They deserve them because they've earned them.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,127 ★★★★
    edited February 2023
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners!

A bit of a story for you...

We've also chatted about how BG is the first mode that isn't meant to be won 100% of the time.....Because you are head-to-head with other Summoners, inevitably 50% of you are losing. It is completely reasonable that this shift in gameplay mentality causes discomfort and frustration.

Happy Friday, everyone.

@Kabam Jax can't quite believe that's been acknowledged but the logical conclusion has not been reached. As @Greekhit @Banhammer_ste and others have pointed out, that design will lead to the death of BGs.

If 50% lose and their time in game feels like dead time, they will stop playing and it does then death spiral as the next on the losers list also quit.

The risk your run, is that big accounts who dedicated a lot of time and money in the game, will quit the game *entirely* if they feel that the most lucrative rewards in game mandate playing a mode which has a substantial chance of being entirely dead time, for no reward.

The other discussion is littered with spending paragons, saying they are already quitting BGs; https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/328375/bgs-killing-my-drive#latest

Check your stats on game engagement; if BG play time has gone up at the expense of war, AQ and EQ, then be worried, as this matchmaking system, may kill the game as a result, when the BG death spiral kicks in.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 944 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    That's where I'm going to have to disagree. Unless they cheated somehow to get there, they fight within the competition, they win, they progress, and they have earned them. It's a competition based on progress made within the competition as the requirements stand. They're not manipulating the outcome, they're not cheating (the ones I'm speaking to), and they're not gaining any unfair advantages. They deserve them because they've earned them.
    They’ve not proved they’ve earned anything. You’re arguing they have more skill than me because they have won enough consecutive matches to get into GC and I haven’t. But I’m not getting the opportunity to play them with my years of knowledge and experience.

I think there is only one solution. We limit victory track to only be able to use 3* champions and everybody plays each other, then Gladiators Circuit is open to whole roster. So for Victory track its Uncollected Vs Cavalier Vs Thronebreaker Vs Paragon but only using 3* rosters.

Then it will be about skill, roster knowledge, understanding counters etc. I want to play uncollected players using an uncollected level team. Not sandbanding team of half 1* champs half 6*R3 or 4.

So let’s make it about skill, limit everyone to 3* and see how many of these uncollected/cav accounts end up this quickly in GC. They won’t. That’s why I disagree with your whole perspective on this. This is why we get so annoyed seeing GS full of accounts that as paragon players we could beat. If getting through VT was truly skill based those of us complaining would be more likely to be there.

So that’s my solution let’s equalise Victory Track by limiting rosters to lowest common denominator.
  • Options
    Wozzle007 said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    They’ve not proved they’ve earned anything. You’re arguing they have more skill than me because they have won enough consecutive matches to get into GC and I haven’t. But I’m not getting the opportunity to play them with my years of knowledge and experience.

I think there is only one solution. We limit victory track to only be able to use 3* champions and everybody plays each other, then Gladiators Circuit is open to whole roster. So for Victory track its Uncollected Vs Cavalier Vs Thronebreaker Vs Paragon but only using 3* rosters.

Then it will be about skill, roster knowledge, understanding counters etc. I want to play uncollected players using an uncollected level team. Not sandbanding team of half 1* champs half 6*R3 or 4.

So let’s make it about skill, limit everyone to 3* and see how many of these uncollected/cav accounts end up this quickly in GC. They won’t. That’s why I disagree with your whole perspective on this. This is why we get so annoyed seeing GS full of accounts that as paragon players we could beat. If getting through VT was truly skill based those of us complaining would be more likely to be there.

So that’s my solution let’s equalise Victory Track by limiting rosters to lowest common denominator.
    The first point is just moot, really. They've earned their Rewards in the competition, and whether you think they deserve them or not is inconsequential. If they've made it as far as they have without cheating the system, they deserve them because they've earned them. You can't argue legitimate results.
    The second part I'm quite happy with. In fact, I suggested that myself, and I believe you'd be pleasantly surprised that some Players are skilled enough to advance with an equal footing. All? No. Some would still succeed.
  • Options
    Dave7099 said:

Wozzle007 said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

The first point is just moot, really. They've earned their Rewards in the competition, and whether you think they deserve them or not is inconsequential. If they've made it as far as they have without cheating the system, they deserve them because they've earned them. You can't argue legitimate results.
    The second part I'm quite happy with. In fact, I suggested that myself, and I believe you'd be pleasantly surprised that some Players are skilled enough to advance with an equal footing. All? No. Some would still succeed.

I haven't seen one person here arguing that the lowbie accounts didn't earn where they are in the current rules. Stop making false arguments.

The argument is if the system in place to allow them to be I. That position is fair
    The argument was that they didn't deserve the Rewards they earned. That's what I'm addressing.
  • Options
    LightsAnimeLightsAnime Posts: 423 ★★
    The guy in the video sounds like he needs water, he constantly is moistening his mouth
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners!

We've also chatted about how BG is the first mode that isn't meant to be won 100% of the time.....Because you are head-to-head with other Summoners, inevitably 50% of you are losing. It is completely reasonable that this shift in gameplay mentality causes discomfort and frustration.

Happy Friday, everyone.

@Kabam Jax can't quite believe that's been acknowledged but the logical conclusion has not been reached. As @Greekhit @Banhammer_ste and others have pointed out, that design will lead to the death of BGs.

If 50% lose and their time in game feels like dead time, they will stop playing and it does then death spiral as the next on the losers list also quit.

The risk your run, is that big accounts who dedicated a lot of time and money in the game, will quit the game *entirely* if they feel that the most lucrative rewards in game mandate playing a mode which has a substantial chance of being entirely dead time, for no reward.

The other discussion is littered with spending paragons, saying they are already quitting BGs; https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/328375/bgs-killing-my-drive#latest

Check your stats on game engagement; if BG play time has gone up at the expense of war, AQ and EQ, then be worried, as this matchmaking system, may kill the game as a result, when the BG death spiral kicks in.
    I hate to be the one to mention this but 50% losing is the core mathematics of any head to head competition.
    The problem is not the 50% win rate. My alliance has an approximately 50% win rate, but doesn't have the issues with AW that most people seem to be having with BG. It is important to separate the individual fights and matches of BG with the overall structure of BG. Much like AW, most of the rewards in BG are not for winning individual matches. Your win rate per match does not directly correlate to your rewards. Precisely how you win matters more, and that's currently structured in ways that are problematic for many people.

I discuss this in more detail in my BG suggestion thread linked above, which was apparently moved to Suggestions and Requests because asking people to read 3500 words about a game mode is not enough of a challenge, someone had to make them all invisible.
    Too bad your BG suggestion thread moved to Suggestions and Requests section (aka let it die section of forum).
    This post should be on top of General Discussion, since it’s a great post for solving an issue, most players are bothered with at the moment.
    Great write up as always 👏
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 981 ★★★★
    My account is only 12k prestige, currently in Diamond 3. I have had easier time going up the ranks once i reached platinum tiers. Back in silver and gold tiers, i had a much harder time. Also now, most of the accounts i am facing are 15-16k prestige, and when i say most i mean 75% of all matches.
  • Options
    VydraVydra Posts: 125 ★★
    Vanitelia said:

I'd like to see something where metas were based on other things and just not nodes. Let's have a rarity meta where everyone has to use certain rarities, or a class-based meta where each week, a different class is at the forefront. We see iterations of those in quests. It would level the playing field a bit and maybe bridge the gap between accounts.

Let’s not kid ourselves. People will still find a way to complain about how certain accounts have better champs in a class or rarity. It never ends. Refreshing idea though
  • Options
    VydraVydra Posts: 125 ★★

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners!

Happy Friday, everyone.

Big accounts who have spent a lot of time and money into their accounts? What about the other 50% who win and also spend a lot of time and money into their accounts?

Feels like to me that they find it hard to get good and are just throwing tantrums because they aren’t getting things handed to them. I say let them quit. They are replaceable anyways
  • Options
    We are all thankful for your intelligent and insightful input on this complex situation. I think you've solved it.
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,187 ★★★★
    edited February 2023
    Take away medal loss for losing a match, everyone should make it into vc at some point as it requires everyone to do x wins. Makes shields redundant yes, but I dont think its the end of the world for kabam revenue if more people play and the elder marks system continues.

What this does is reduce the impact of the loss which is the current issue. Whether its a mod, unfair matchmaking etc. A loss takes away a streak which cannot be given back, whether in medal returned in time to make a difference or resources spent if elder marks were used.