**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How do you feel about relics?

RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
Curious to know how the general population feels.

How do you feel about relics? 281 votes

I love relics and use them consistently
6%
TendersquadDragonMCOCdarjGarloyuwJediTrix5Chuck_Canuck75RockyshockyJez25o_oMasterzxPromagnus_xixItsyaboyStephy05Superstar_1126Futura4kBadMother2Dab_westGhostFace2022Chimachi 19 votes
I am starting to realize the value of relics
7%
SnakeEyes69FrankWhiteEB54GodrohrCrazyjack719Doom_and_GloomIamnikeColinwhitworth69Blackshadow0203WhoDaPooTheSaithLordValekPrince_NethikThanks_D19MonkeyFiddleShriek_And_DonkMaxwell2454MasterAJohny_JoestarThunderkill 20 votes
I am indifferent towards relics
29%
MasterSmokeTheJalliOKAYGangJoeLukaFrostyKaruseusSpeedbumpBlackfriar63TerraMagrailothosFredhorst23KulsaneAshyKnucklesfrodo2377LilMaddogHTCassyMagonusLucky7LucianopseudosaneSachhyam257 82 votes
I don’t care much for them but open to learning
15%
Mr_PlatypusGrandOldKaiPatallacTristanBosleythe_furry_onePantherAPSyndicatedHzoritntslKerneasAldacRockypantherxUsagicassidyFabriciusLattughinoKnordyOGAvengerMr.0-8-4KRANꓘ 44 votes
I don’t give a damn about relics, get them away from me
41%
Crine60Crys23World EaterRaganatorMpd1mmmbanyasCristalmanNoodes_NanoDroidNoahFeeney234GK_23TheVyrusJimmyDRockBluntMacheteThereticTigerphilMityAntMqc19Noıre 116 votes

Comments

• Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    I use them only to get openings through combo extenders
  • Options
    AustinU823AustinU823 Posts: 84 ★★
    I’m somewhere between loving them and being indifferent toward them. There’s a big gap there

• Options
    Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    I think they are cool and a solid idea but it feels impossible to level them up. It feels like it is impossible to get those class alloys so I can’t get any of mine past rank one even though I really want to utilize them.
  • Options
    GarloGarlo Posts: 201 ★★
    I love relics and use them consistently
    I play a lot in BG, the relics are excellent for that game mode. Plus, it ncreases my prestige.
  • Options
    MasterAMasterA Posts: 481 ★★★
    I’ll only love them if they come to act 7
  • Options
    TrongNovTrongNov Posts: 247 ★★★
    Kinda like it when Im a little bit short to 3 bars with Doom and his aura and his fury are about to expire, I set SW as his relic champ. Good way to stack 2 furies for him. For other champs, Im kinda indifferent.
  • Options
    Just_grindingJust_grinding Posts: 115
    Indifferent towards how they impact game play, but HATE how it’s distracting Kabam from improving basic parts of the game.
  • Options
    SonOfArgu16SonOfArgu16 Posts: 262 Guardian
    edited March 2023
    I'm on the fence regarding the usefulness of the relics. Sometimes they're good, sometimes they're bad.

My biggest issue is the Winter Soldier Relic that inflicts an Energy Vulnerability Debuff, despite minimal Skill champs have Energy Based Attacks

It would have made more sense to give a boost to projectile based attacks, like bullets or arrows, like a precision passive is gained when the Champ uses a projectile based attack like guns or arrows
  • Options
    V1ratV1rat Posts: 30
    Rookiie said:

Curious to know how the general population feels.

Hate it
  • Options
    WhoDaPooWhoDaPoo Posts: 312 ★★★
    Gambit relic on Nightcrawler is probably the first thing to make me change my mind on relics. I've noticed some nice improved bleeds with the bleed vulnerability.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,559 ★★★★★
    Ansh_A said:

I dont mind relics, the combo extension is nice and definitely can help gameplay. The abilities are completely ignored except maybe a bleed vulnerability on Venom.

Only thing i hate is how relics have replaced better prizes in side quests. Want my shards, awakening gems and catalysts back.

You can't get something back that has never been taken away from us ... they haven't removed those things that we use to get from objectives, they've merged them into normal rewards and made the objectives relic oriented so that we can skip them if we want to. I don't do them, haven't done since they got introduced but I also haven't gotten less rewards than pre relic era
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,221 ★★★★★
    Lpoo said:

Combo extenders

Some of them can't even do that specially storm. She whiffs 🤦
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,742 ★★★★★
    They were meant to be a small increase to champion power, which they are. I like that, they are kinda fun.

However the availability and upgrade cost is way too out of reach, compared to the bonus they have. I as a Paragon player would much rather spend 600k gold on upgrading a 5* champ, rather than pumping this sum into a 4* relic
  • Options
    FantomaxopFantomaxop Posts: 127 ★★
    If somebody would ask me what is the most fitting description of relics, i would say: "Not exciting".
    The concept of collecting statue-like objects that resemble other champions and empower you with stats and small abilities that reference original character is not that bad, but execution is IMO poor.
    When you are in fighter selecting screen, relics are simply acting like background models, not doing anything but confusing you with their appearance that completely mimics model of existing champion.
    In battle they act like occasional combo extenders, and if they happen to interact with abilities of champion they also add some flavour to the combat, like using OG BP relic to add cruelty buff before going for Shang-chi's sp2. In general nothing fancy or flashy.
    Collection is only place where they actually have distinct look, but even that doesn't make it exciting to play with them or collect them.
    Having them is nice and i don't mind their existence, but i would prefer kabam to focus on more important aspects of the game such as: stability and performance, buggs across all modes, modders in competetive gamemodes, gamedesign of endgame content. And not stuff like ReVIvE sPAm
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,619 ★★★★
    Despite what Kabam says, relics just haven’t lived up to the hype. They currently don’t add much to the game, and not many players care about them. Kabam would have been better off using the resources spent on implementing relics into fixing the input issues running rampant across the game.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,284 ★★★★★
    Relics suck as most have them. They're unawakened rank 1 3 stars in a maxed out 6 (soon to be 7) star world. As fully realized 5 and 6 star relics, some of them would constitute a solid champ buff (Think Gorr's buff. The changes weren't worthless or extensive nonsense no one asked for, they were targeted and effective.) if they were incorporated into a champs kit and even have some "synergies".
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    They sometimes give me an opening… when I go to parry and hit the button instead. Sometimes it gives the opponent an opening instead…