**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

New striker nodes in EQ

Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,844 ★★★★★
edited April 2023 in General Discussion

Just NO. STOP.
Incursion nodes were one thing, but this is just once again pushing relics on our faces, as well as 1000+ new BS nodes that you will end up designing in the future that are strikers/relics related. Just a bothersome to overly complicate the game even more. Especially considering these will end up in story mode as well, and then AQ/AW at some point, and battlegrounds too.

Just STOP right here and back out.

Comments

• Options
    Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Posts: 680 ★★★★

I agree with him on this one. I thought the point was not to make these a top priority yet, but this is now making them more a priority for nodes and such. While it still isn’t game changing, it’s not something I like to see yet. Story mode maybe but not monthly.

I mean it's been 4,5 months since they released and this is now slowly starting to pop up, if they keep this rate going(assuming 8.2 won't have mandatory relics nodes) they'll probably become "top priority" in a few months, not that bad imo. Enough time for people to build up a roster and get used to them

(I just wish Relics offered more/were better)
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,547 ★★★★★

Hate those nodes, I just ignored it. Completely unnecessary

Are they an option, like say, "use FF champions or Tech"?
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,844 ★★★★★
    Searmenis said:

Hate those nodes, I just ignored it. Completely unnecessary

Are they an option, like say, "use FF champions or Tech"?
    Yes, there are those nodes there as well
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,417 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Just cause you don't like strikers doesn't mean others don't. They obviously don't plan on getting rid of them. Might as well get used to it.

Getting rid of them was an option at the time, its not anymore. The point here was to stop making up these nodes before its too late and we have thousands of them across every game mode
    Or.......................................... Just don't worry about the nodes. The fights are not hard at all. We know you don't like relics. Most of us really don't know what you do like since you complain about EVERYTHING. Some of us are using Relics and using them. Some of us aren't. This isn't your personalized content.

You don't have to use, rank or equip relics.

You don't have to use the nodes.

You can do everything else in this game sans relics. No one is forcing anything on you.
  • Options
    Searmenis said:

Haven't touched EQ yet, but as I understand, some of the EQ nodes are not class oriented but striker ones? Because if they re both, 2 nodes one a striker one, that means you will have to, potentially, remove the striker from this month champion and add it to a different one next month, something that costs precious units?

This is from the SQ and not the MEQ.
  • Options

Searmenis said:

Haven't touched EQ yet, but as I understand, some of the EQ nodes are not class oriented but striker ones? Because if they re both, 2 nodes one a striker one, that means you will have to, potentially, remove the striker from this month champion and add it to a different one next month, something that costs precious units?

Ooooooh
  • Options
    Sidd777Sidd777 Posts: 167
    It just seems like something that could become a hassle with changing relics every week or month for the specific SQ and could cost units depending the number of switches you’d need but ignoring the nodes is always an option since SQ fights aren’t usually too bad
  • Options

Searmenis said:

Ooooooh
    This is from the MEQ and not the SQ (can't see his comment so had to reply in this one)
    If it’s in the monthly then I agree with you. If it’s in the side quest then it doesn’t bother me too much. I ignored those incursion hacks and will continue to ignore those
  • Options
    Sidd777 said:

It just seems like something that could become a hassle with changing relics every week or month for the specific SQ and could cost units depending the number of switches you’d need but ignoring the nodes is always an option since SQ fights aren’t usually too bad

No. It won't cost you a thing. No switching needed. I did threat level 5 or whatever the highest is and didn't even need to use the strikers. I did for fun but really does nothing to make the fight faster. Just play normally and you'll be just fine.
  • Options
    Kabam Jax said:

Sidd777 said:

Happy to report that we just removed any cost associated with any binding/unbinding of relics!

Additionally, and we've talked about this before: Relics are feature that are available to those who want to use them and are ignorable for those who don't. These nodes don't force anyone to use them and doesn't punish you for not. Instead it incentivizes you to, and rewards those who elect, use relics. You don't have to play to this node, and it seems completely feasible that you can complete each fight without using relics.
    Aside from the limited functionality this was one of my biggest annoyances with Relics, nice!
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,370 ★★★★★
    That's an exaggeration. If you're swearing off them, that's your prerogative. They're still in the game. They're going to be used in content. There's no getting around it.
  • Options

Kabam Jax said:

Sidd777 said:

Happy to report that we just removed any cost associated with any binding/unbinding of relics!

Additionally, and we've talked about this before: Relics are feature that are available to those who want to use them and are ignorable for those who don't. These nodes don't force anyone to use them and doesn't punish you for not. Instead it incentivizes you to, and rewards those who elect, use relics. You don't have to play to this node, and it seems completely feasible that you can complete each fight without using relics.
    Just found this thread after making a post about a bug in TB EQ where I am gaining NO power.

If I don't want to use/don't have Relics do I have to use AA, Cable with Apoc etc so that I can get the fight down with big DOT instead of using a normal champ?

This is a problem with certain maps where mutant champs won't work. I could use Mysterio with Peni, but this is really making me not want to play as it's so restrictive and long (plus I'm using revives which I've never had to use before - and 3.2.6 is gone, so I can't even use that to support me through the "no power" game mode).

Any insight into how I can get through this faster without Relics? I feel like it's forcing me to use them at this point as I'm struggling so much without having them.
    Herc would work
  • Options
    SkunkcabbageSkunkcabbage Posts: 204 ★★

Kabam Jax said:

Sidd777 said:

Just found this thread after making a post about a bug in TB EQ where I am gaining NO power.

If I don't want to use/don't have Relics do I have to use AA, Cable with Apoc etc so that I can get the fight down with big DOT instead of using a normal champ?

This is a problem with certain maps where mutant champs won't work. I could use Mysterio with Peni, but this is really making me not want to play as it's so restrictive and long (plus I'm using revives which I've never had to use before - and 3.2.6 is gone, so I can't even use that to support me through the "no power" game mode).

Any insight into how I can get through this faster without Relics? I feel like it's forcing me to use them at this point as I'm struggling so much without having them.
    Herc would work
    He can't use specials though, no sp2 stun at all all then his immortality wears off and he's dead, it sucks without specials. Plus I can't counter falter anymore because I can't access the sp1.