Thoughts on BGs Farming

L1zardW1zardL1zardW1zard Member Posts: 144 ★★★
It seems a lot of people are losing a bunch of matches on purpose with energy and then getting easy wins with elder marks pretty much since there's no prestige based matchmaking on Diamond leagues. Thoughts? Should Kabam do something about it yes or no? Why?

Comments

• FrydayFryday Member Posts: 955 ★★★★
    I don't really know the details and would need @DNA3000 to do a breakdown.

But isn't it Win get 2 Token and Lost lose 1 Token, if so players are doing that, they would take 1 win but give 2 lost back, is this actually not help more players move up? In theory if the two players have 2 matches in the row, the none farming player would come out with more tokens than they lost.

Also player choice to use Energy or Elder Mark at the beginning of the fight, would that not mean they have no way of know if it will be a hard or easy fight, i.e to win or lose, or to use energy or Elder mark?

I'm sure stuck in a cycle, but it is because all of these wonderful bugs in the game mode.🤣 Sure would mind being match with a few of these players, all I got matched so far are maxi account with lovely Legend title.

As for what Kabam can do, well maybe not put these AW rewards at silly high milestones points (but I guess this is a 1 time thing, so won't matter next season). Also maybe focus more resources on improving the stability of this game mode, make it more enjoyable to players. But hey what do I know.
  • L1zardW1zardL1zardW1zard Member Posts: 144 ★★★
    DL864 said:

I don't really see how this is an issue. They are using strategy to get points. If it works for them great.

I don't think it's an issue I just think it sucks to be on the receiving end which is precisely why I haven't done it myself so I was wondering what were people's thoughts on this that's all
  • GladsGlads Member Posts: 426 ★★★
    I don't particularly like battlegrounds as it's such a grind. However the rewards are very impressive makes me think why do alliance quest and war.
    I have lost 10 fights in a row with energy and elders marks, sure I am not a top 5% skilled player, while my roster is solid I have 5 r4 six star champs and no r5, nor r2 7 stars.
    As someone mentioned previously it's not categorised meaning I am more often than not facing huge rosters. Winning is rare and this setup of the game is demoralising and not too much fun. So farming is the only answer, even if it's not on purpose
  • ScottryanScottryan Member Posts: 475 ★★★
    Fryday said:

But isn't it Win get 2 Token and Lost lose 1 Token, if so players are doing that, they would take 1 win but give 2 lost back, is this actually not help more players move up? In theory if the two players have 2 matches in the row, the none farming player would come out with more tokens than they lost.

Also player choice to use Energy or Elder Mark at the beginning of the fight, would that not mean they have no way of know if it will be a hard or easy fight, i.e to win or lose, or to use energy or Elder mark?

I'm sure stuck in a cycle, but it is because all of these wonderful bugs in the game mode.🤣 Sure would mind being match with a few of these players, all I got matched so far are maxi account with lovely Legend title.

As for what Kabam can do, well maybe not put these AW rewards at silly high milestones points (but I guess this is a 1 time thing, so won't matter next season). Also maybe focus more resources on improving the stability of this game mode, make it more enjoyable to players. But hey what do I know.

Most people are farming in plat or higher tiers since there is no account based matchmaking, so its actually take 1 win give one back
    Athos69 said:

BigBlueOxBigBlueOx
    8:46AM
    Ban arena botters from awards in AQ,AW, and BGs and dock points from cheater encouraging alliances first, then I’ll care more about farmers.

And I say this as someone whose season placement will be negatively impacted by this. I’d still rather see the cheaters be handled first. Especially after the disgusting end to season 8

Was just typing this mate but along the same lines.

Probs just another smoke screen to take the focus off the real cheats that r affecting us all and can’t have nothing done about them because they have money. The 2 free six stars a week, units, 22hr event rewards etc etc that the real cheats get r hurting us all way more than top alli players handing out free wins to smaller acc and maybe getting a few extra 6 shards from the solo and alli events at the end and its nothing compared to what the real cheats r taking from us all.
    If we have a problem in game a smaller one that affects more people always comes along at the right time for all of us to focus on followed by a long ass post (I’m aware this is also quite long) by a forum pixie letting us know in an intelligent way (cos we r all idiots and can’t think for ourselves) kabams stance is right on this and anything else so whatever we think about it doesn’t really matter anyway and by that time we have all forgot the big problems that affect less players.

Hmmm good for you mate make your own post about cheaters then instead of posting something that could potentially derail the whole thread for absolutely no reason
  • GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★

It seems a lot of people are losing a bunch of matches on purpose with energy and then getting easy wins with elder marks pretty much since there's no prestige based matchmaking on Diamond leagues. Thoughts? Should Kabam do something about it yes or no? Why?

The only thing Kabam can do, is to bring bring more in line Energy and Elder Marks points, and of course reprice Elder Marks accordingly.
    With it being EM scoring 6x of what Energy does, it's natural people use it for farming points.
    Kabam can't stop it else.
    They can't ban anyone because he "should" win the matches he loses.
    It's an efficient strategy that the game design offers.
    As for as it is unfair or not, it isn't.
    Because players are winning smaller accounts on purpose, but they also are giving equal number of wins to smaller accounts also.
    It's a zero sum game overall for the smaller accounts, they aren't losing anything they would otherwise gain.
    If the gap between Elder Marks and Energy doesn't close, the win two - lose two on purpose strategy, will only get more popular 😉

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

The only thing Kabam can do, is to bring bring more in line Energy and Elder Marks points, and of course reprice Elder Marks accordingly.
    With it being EM scoring 6x of what Energy does, it's natural people use it for farming points.
    Kabam can't stop it else.
    They can't ban anyone because he "should" win the matches he loses.
    It's an efficient strategy that the game design offers.
    As for as it is unfair or not, it isn't.
    Because players are winning smaller accounts on purpose, but they also are giving equal number of wins to smaller accounts also.
    It's a zero sum game overall for the smaller accounts, they aren't losing anything they would otherwise gain.
    If the gap between Elder Marks and Energy doesn't close, the win two - lose two on purpose strategy, will only get more popular 😉

No, they can't ban people for what they SHOULD win. They can however, change the design to curve it. That's what led to intervened Matchmaking. We know how that went over.
    In any case, they mentioned working on a way to streamline progress from Season to Season, so whatever people are doing will not be very advantageous for long.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★
    Then it will become a larger problem. If Players are camping out in Tiers to farm Trophies, that stops anyone else from getting ahead every other Match.
    edited July 2023
    Feeney234 said:

Feeney234 said:

I dont understand what is issue is. 🤷‍♂️

Paragon beats three TBs with elder marks on Diamond 2 then loses three on purpose with energy so he can stay on the same league and win three matches again with elder marks since most accounts will be weaker than theirs on that league. On GC however that same Paragon wouldn't win that many matches so easily.
    As I said I don't see an issue with it and I don't consider it cheating I just think it's scummy and it sucks for the people on the receiving end hence I haven't done it myself

Dont hate the player hate the game my guy 🤷‍♂️
    I'm already in GC there's nothing to hate here I just wouldn't want to be on the receiving end if I was one of those poor UC or Cav players. You asked why I think it's wrong to do this and I replied
  • GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★

Feeney234 said:

Feeney234 said:

Paragon beats three TBs with elder marks on Diamond 2 then loses three on purpose with energy so he can stay on the same league and win three matches again with elder marks since most accounts will be weaker than theirs on that league. On GC however that same Paragon wouldn't win that many matches so easily.
    As I said I don't see an issue with it and I don't consider it cheating I just think it's scummy and it sucks for the people on the receiving end hence I haven't done it myself

I'm already in GC there's nothing to hate here I just wouldn't want to be on the receiving end if I was one of those poor UC or Cav players. You asked why I think it's wrong to do this and I replied
    Again for every UC or Cav player that gets beaten, there is one UC or Cav player that will take a free win, or even the very same UC/Cav on his next match.
    Overall it's a zero sum game, not any specific demographic (overall) is losing anything.
    That's the big picture of it.
    The only thing that is slightly affected by this, are the solo BGs ranked rewards.
    If two identical players play the same number of matches, use the same amount of resources (Elder Marks and Energy) and win the same number of matches, the one that farmed will end up with much more points, as his EM win ratio will be close to 100%, while statistically the non farmer's will be only around 50%.

• BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,019 ★★★★★
    Athos69 said:

I mean I probs should have started a diff thread about it in fairness but I just think the example being set at the top of the game with this and of course other exploits and cheats being let go trickles down to us all. If we were confident the game was clean from the top brass then it would encourage all to play with fair spirit.

Exactly this. If the most egregious cheats are allowed to keep awards and stolen units, it’s hard to get mad at others looking for loop holes to keep up with those blatant crooks.

Do I think this is a good thing? Not at all.

Do I understand why others would look for loopholes to increase their participation scores when they know that direct cheaters got to keep their awards last season, and they are competing with those cheaters? For sure I do.

Until Kabam takes fair play more seriously in how they distribute awards, then this “gamesmanship” will continue to be status quo.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Member Posts: 4,837 ★★★★★

Fryday said:

Correct. No way to know if it’s an easy or tough fight. Could be someone with half your roster size or 2x your roster. Less of a gamble for larger accounts than mid-size.
    There's no gamble here though, you use your elder marks like you normally would when you plays BGs and then lose a few matches with energy on purpose so you stay on that league where you will have a higher chance of facing weaker accounts than if you moved up to GC. For obvious reasons, your matches will be easier and the accounts will be weaker in Diamond 3 than the ones in Uru 3.
    I do agree with everyone else though, if we didn't need so many points, most people wouldn't be doing this.
    I must be missing something then. There’s still a risk that you’ll face accounts larger than yours that are doing the same thing, isn’t there? Or is the thought that there are many more smaller accounts here that can’t progress any higher than there are larger accounts farming points?
    Greekhit said:

Feeney234 said:

Feeney234 said:

Again for every UC or Cav player that gets beaten, there is one UC or Cav player that will take a free win, or even the very same UC/Cav on his next match.
    Overall it's a zero sum game, not any specific demographic (overall) is losing anything.
    That's the big picture of it.
    The only thing that is slightly affected by this, are the solo BGs ranked rewards.
    If two identical players play the same number of matches, use the same amount of resources (Elder Marks and Energy) and win the same number of matches, the one that farmed will end up with much more points, as his EM win ratio will be close to 100%, while statistically the non farmer's will be only around 50%.

Climbing up is not what makes this scummy though what makes it scummy is the fact that those players are wasting their elder marks while I could've easily just sat there getting value out of 80% of my elder marks since I can pick when I win and when I lose 80% of the time. When I got to Diamond 1 yesterday all the whales had moved up to GC already and it wasn't that hard for me to move up to GC today early in the morning. If you ask me that's not a slight difference that's a pretty big difference they would've been wasting more than half of their elder marks while for me it would've been the complete opposite had I decided to do this
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Member Posts: 1,273 ★★★★

Feeney234 said:

Feeney234 said:

To give a counterargument to everyone saying farming is bad I will share my experience from my perspective farming in Plat2. Since I have arrived here I have only had 1 or 2 easy matches and the rest difficult rosters at my strenght level.

You have to choose elder marks or energy before you match, so you don't know who you're going to match. I have used elder marks the first 2 times and won (against big accounts with almost full r4 deck like me). So if I wanted to stay in plat 2 I now had to use energy for at least 2 matches and 4 matches to get back to zero medals. For all those 4 matches I matched with conquerer/unc/cav accounts. I gave 4 low accounts 2 medals each in this method. When I went to use elder marks I got matched up with big accounts again (and one thronebreaker - the poor guy). This cycle has been continuing for my last 20 something matches.

This is purely coincidence but shows that the opposite is also happening. For every match I win I'm propelling 2 low level player forward in the VT, letting them earn more rewards. I can't be the only farming player this is happening to because statistics so that's the other side of the coin.

Fun sidenote: I really have to hurry to forfeit the game because those conquerer/unc/cav players also quit out fast lol
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 438 ★★★
    Possible fix would be to only allow for energy to be used during VT and then EM can be introduced in GC matches. It wouldn't necessarily stop it while in the early weeks of GC from happening, but it at least sorts out the VT problem. There will still be summoners who want to continue to do the farming, but it'll be much more of a grind earning 6x less points than the EM would earn.

Unlike last season where I came across a lot of lower level accounts when reach Diamond, I had one match this season and the rest paragons. It probably has a little to do with the farming in higher VT tiers.
  • Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Member Posts: 311 ★★★
    Ofcourse it is okay. OFCOURSE.

It does not break any ToR, and people can decide how THEY will play the game.

Otherwise it would be like me getting angry with people that dont support Kabam by spending real money on this game as I do 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • MackeyMackey Member Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★

Feeney234 said:

Feeney234 said:

They're facing paragon guys in them brackets either way, all this "farming" does is make it so they're facing them more frequent, most of them players wouldn't have gotten into GC anyway, granted some won't who otherwise might have this early on but they probably will do later in the season 🤷‍♂️.

From my point of view this is on Kabam for putting such a high point milestone(s) as they have
  • mugichamugicha Member Posts: 50
    edited July 2023
    :)
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,938 ★★★★★
    I don't see the issue. You're giving people free wins, some of which would have 0 chance to beat you. What, exactly, is wrong with that?
  • Trek26Trek26 Member Posts: 241 ★★

Yo, man.. or woman.. the amount of fights we need to hit milestones are insane.. work smart, not hard.. if I can let the game play whilst I'm at the gym or something then so be it... We just set the place to do our hunting intelligently.. that's our god at work! Like we go hard in mcoc...