**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

ICE PHOENIX

Comments

• BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Honestly, she is doable. I have had to revive once so far, and yes, she does kick most of your ass just with coldsnap, but she can be taken with a variety of characters. Play well on the way to her and you can reach her with 5 (near) full champs. I've fought her with CM and Hulk. Yes, it's a lot of evades, parry and some good old fashioned luck at times. But it's not down to the few mentioned before champs. Boosts and such can help you out as well.

All that said... she is a twat. A downright twat..
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I did the first run when Cold Snap was OP. No compensation yet btw to go along with the vague email response. However I think she is still too ridiculous. My 4/55 Punisher 2099 only maintains around 20% health when the initial cold snap ends. A few blocks later and he is out. She should have been the final boss, not Modok. I take that back.. she should have never made it in the game. People say to use this character or that character but not everyone has those characters to use. Maybe 3 are good, one being Mephisto and hardly anyone has Mephisto.

Any 4/55 can easily take her if you have full health entering the fight. Hell I beat her with HE a couple of times. I never fought her when she had her OP sig, but now she seems completely reasonable to me. I didn't use a single item.

It really forces you to play perfect the entire quest to have health left for her.
  • Drewbe14Drewbe14 Posts: 122
    I just got to her yesterday. So far uncollected difficulty hasnt been bad at all until her. I mainly have 4/40 4* champs with only 2 5/50 4* champs being AA and Voodoo (both great champs but) which are horrible for this fight. Got KOd by her didnt use any items at that time an quit the quest for now. Just read about using my ever stacking boosts i tend to save but even with those boosts is it possible to beat her with 4/40 4*s while using minimal items/units? I have Hulk/GR/sparky/rogue in that questing team hulk/rogue being duped around lvl20. My first attempt sparky was full hp an KOd without bein touched as i was stacking poise charges. Suggestions or recommendations?
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Drewbe14 wrote: »
    I just got to her yesterday. So far uncollected difficulty hasnt been bad at all until her. I mainly have 4/40 4* champs with only 2 5/50 4* champs being AA and Voodoo (both great champs but) which are horrible for this fight. Got KOd by her didnt use any items at that time an quit the quest for now. Just read about using my ever stacking boosts i tend to save but even with those boosts is it possible to beat her with 4/40 4*s while using minimal items/units? I have Hulk/GR/sparky/rogue in that questing team hulk/rogue being duped around lvl20. My first attempt sparky was full hp an KOd without bein touched as i was stacking poise charges. Suggestions or recommendations?

$$$$
  • WC303 wrote: »
    I submitted my ticket on Friday, 12/8, and I received my vague response on Saturday, 12/9. It's now Wednesday, 12/13, and I'm still waiting on my compensation.

7dwcl94fvvum.png

Same boat. I guess they forgot about us.

I’ve msged @Kabam Miike on this days ago with no response. I got my compensation but my partner didn’t. We finished her off at the same time and submitted tickets at the same time. People in my alliance got the comp who didn’t even submit anything and support keeps sending that copy and paste ****. To top it off he didn’t get units he bought during the emergency maintenance madness a couple days ago. Really losing faith here.
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Drewbe14 wrote: »

don't use 4/40s.
    get champs to her with FULL health
    use boosts.
  • BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    Ice Phoenix is fine, don't change her. This is uncollected, it's supposed to be difficult and I don't have Mephisto, used SL and got KOd but just revive and go again.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    It is not fine. Any challenge with unavoidable damage is silly. Those of you saying it was easy....good for you. It doesn't make sense when the sub boss in the second last chapter is tougher than every boss after that. She is much more difficult and an item sucker compared to Modok imo.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    It is not fine. Any challenge with unavoidable damage is silly. Those of you saying it was easy....good for you. It doesn't make sense when the sub boss in the second last chapter is tougher than every boss after that. She is much more difficult and an item sucker compared to Modok imo.

But... why should it all be a breeze?

Look at the rewards and just take it on the chin, you only gotta face it 6 times I think anyway.
  • CinnCinn Posts: 81
    Still waiting on my Ice Phoenix compensation.. they closed my ticket without providing me then same compensation and alliance mate received who completed this after I did.
    edited December 2017

it's a true test of skill imo.

provided you bring the right level champs, i.e. you can't bring 3/30s to the fight, not only do you have to fight basically a perfect fight, you have to get to ice phoenix with full champs in tact. if you can do that, then you can take her out in 1 fight, at most, 2 if you get unlucky.

everybody complains that the unavoidable damage takes skill out of the equation, but in reality it puts a bigger emphasis on skill. if it were degeneration and she has all those health boosts where you're guaranteed to die no matter how well you fight, then i would agree that it takes skill out of the picture.

and you have to have an extra champ to take out nightcarnage after her.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Qwerty wrote: »

provided you bring the right level champs, i.e. you can't bring 3/30s to the fight, not only do you have to fight basically a perfect fight, you have to get to ice phoenix with full champs in tact. if you can do that, then you can take her out in 1 fight, at most, 2 if you get unlucky.

everybody complains that the unavoidable damage takes skill out of the equation, but in reality it puts a bigger emphasis on skill. if it were degeneration and she has all those health boosts where you're guaranteed to die no matter how well you fight, then i would agree that it takes skill out of the picture.

You mean taskmaster after her
    Jaded wrote: »
    Qwerty wrote: »

You mean taskmaster after her

oh, ok, well my point still stands.
  • BaironDHBaironDH Posts: 109
    Okay so I dont wanna be 'that guy' but I took out Ice Phoenix with my Howard R4 duped & I only lost 15% health? Used a 20% champ boost & atk boost & nailled her with ease? Maybe tge issie just got fixed or something but she was a breeze. MODOK on the other hand is a BEAST Its just insane how hes built
  • BaironDHBaironDH Posts: 109
    Also random Q but has anyone tried Rocket Raccoons SP3 on MODOK? They both override SP3 aninations so Im really curious as to what happens when paired against eachother? Does it break? Does it just use the attackes animation (i.e. Rockets)?
  • DustyDusty Posts: 16
    I don't know if anyone actually read but KABAM specifically stated that uncollected difficulty isn't supposed to be easy they said that it was for the most skilled player now I myself didn't have to use revives just popped some boosts and only used 5/50 stark spidey and 5/50 SL but uncollected difficulty is not to be thought of as easy it's meant to be a challenge to most
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Yeah get that it is supposed to be a challenge. Modok is a challenge. I think the uncollected difficulty concept is great.

I guess you guys are cool with the methodology of unavoidable damage being the mechanism for making something a challenge. Ok I guess that is one way to do it. Not especially creative , but whatever. With all the posters here bragging about one shotting her I guess it isn't as big of a deal as I thought.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,563 ★★★★★
    First try last night with 5* rank 4 Cap Marvel. The initial cold snap about 60% of her health, not as bad as I was expecting. Made one mistake at the end and died, but took out 90% of his health. Game constantly lagging didn't help either. Definitely managable.
  • BrandoniusBrandonius Posts: 292
    Kabam wants you to use revives. And health. And lots of it.

Don’t forget about Taskmaster and Modok.

Spend spend spend. Why would they want to “fix” it. It is working as intended
  • NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340
    WC303 wrote: »
    I submitted my ticket on Friday, 12/8, and I received my vague response on Saturday, 12/9. It's now Wednesday, 12/13, and I'm still waiting on my compensation.

7dwcl94fvvum.png

Same boat. I guess they forgot about us.

notice it said "considerable potions". They probably had some random cut off for what they deemed considerable and if you didn't use that many than you got nothing.
  • WC303WC303 Posts: 88
    Aaaannnd...still no response from any mods. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Ice was sorted if you did not get it then you probably spent one or two potions and did not do much unless they compensate for that as well. However that annoying modok still has no word spoken about him.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    WC303 wrote: »
    Aaaannnd...still no response from any mods. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lol what you waiting for? It's already been nerfed!

If you can't do it, your not at the level to compete in it.

A 5* rank 3/4 still has enough health after coldsnap to end it quickly... sooo I don't see why anyone is still complaining
  • Hey Everybody,

The Compensation for users that fought against Ice Phoenix before her Signature Ability level was fixed has already been sent out. it was delivered on December 8th.

If you fought Ice Phoenix before she was fixed (12:30pm PST on December 6th) and did not receive this message, please let us know.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    edited December 2017
    Ice was sorted if you did not get it then you probably spent one or two potions and did not do much unless they compensate for that as well. However that annoying modok still has no word spoken about him.

I used quite a few potions and revives, before signature fix (pretty much completed straight when it was available, even had to pop open some uncollected 4hr crystals, units too (only have 5/50s and 3/45s) and at the time 1 blocked hit = death was taking away like 18k hp (even boosted)
    Hey Everybody,

The Compensation for users that fought against Ice Phoenix before her Signature Ability level was fixed has already been sent out. it was delivered on December 8th.

If you fought Ice Phoenix before she was fixed (12:30pm PST on December 6th) and did not receive this message, please let us know.

Will do I guess I will submit another ticket hopefully I still have some sort of screenshot.
  • LM796LM796 Posts: 55
    You are all either lying or blocking too much. All my 5/50s survive the cold snap with about 15% health left. She can be one-shotted with a 5/50 SL quite easily.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    LM796 wrote: »
    You are all either lying or blocking too much. All my 5/50s survive the cold snap with about 15% health left. She can be one-shotted with a 5/50 SL quite easily.

Before or after her signature fix? Because you can only accuse people of lying if you actually did this right when the event came out.