Options

Caps Commissary Event looking spicy

Comments

• Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023
    ahmynuts said:

Does anyone know what is the most viewed thread not created by a Kabam employee? Because this one is pulling big numbers so i have to assume it's really up there

I think the one after Seatin did a state of the game youtube video a few years ago. Not sure if it was when the act 7.1 beta came out and and there was some impossible node combinations and he just laid in to Kabam with everything that was wrong with the game. That’s when we had our first roadmaps, which appear to now be a thing of the past. The whole community was in uproar at the time. Just found it, it went to 118 pages, not included all the deleted posts https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/195653/general-game-feedback-merged-threads/p118
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,067 ★★★★★

Corkscrew said:

So to take a character from r1 to r4 it’s actually 13 million, not the 10 million they originally quoted haha.

You use more gold during the course of a rank up with catalysts. The gems have the benefit of replacing the catalysts using gold instead and giving you a discount on the gold you would have spent anyway.
    I’m not understanding what you’re saying…

The gold cost of this rank up is exactly the same regardless of if you’re using catalysts or if you’re using a rank up gem. As you can see here.

And if you’re saying that the catalysts “saved” are what’s saving you gold, that doesn’t make sense because gold is for all intents and purposes not a currency you use to obtain catalysts. They’re won from quests or obtained in glory/loyalty/battleground stores etc
    He’s probably talking about the r4 rank up, which I assume is an error with the difference in gold cost, since all others have the same cost between gem or catalysts.

• Options
    HaamertailHaamertail Posts: 109
    Rad deals….🤣🤣🤣. The rare champ deals are atrocious. Maybe those prices would be mildly ok for 5* and 6* options.
  • Options
    CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★

I’m not understanding what you’re saying…

The gold cost of this rank up is exactly the same regardless of if you’re using catalysts or if you’re using a rank up gem. As you can see here.

And if you’re saying that the catalysts “saved” are what’s saving you gold, that doesn’t make sense because gold is for all intents and purposes not a currency you use to obtain catalysts. They’re won from quests or obtained in glory/loyalty/battleground stores etc

He’s probably talking about the r4 rank up, which I assume is an error with the difference in gold cost, since all others have the same cost between gem or catalysts.

@Usagicassidy as MrSakuragi has posted, there is a substantial saving for an r3-4. Whether it is an error or not, it still exists.

And it is exactly the point that catalysts cannot normally be obtained by gold under normal circumstances that the gems are useful. In the same way everyone was begging for more trade-in events based on gold - here it is... at least in part. Not everyone has a gold shortage.

For players that have an abundance of gold, having the option to use gold for the materials instead of just for the cost of the rank-up process is a win. They can save their catalysts for an additional rank-up.

• Options
    _Pez__Pez_ Posts: 217 ★★★
    Go_To said:

I’m curious. Kabam mike said this was an event that didn’t require months of hoarding, yet we need 165k 6* shards for one of the deals? How does that make sense @Kabam Miike

Easy, by everything except a couple of gold deals being completely undesirable means there is no temptation to get much and so you don't need to have hoarded
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,072 ★★★★★
    edited September 2023

A bunch whole of nothing, basically. Probably there wouldn't be many complaints about the existence of these "offers" if they where achievable with other means rather than money or 5x the unit costs of what it should.

This. If the game was like it used to be back then (2018 ish like I was saying above), it would have primarily had rewards that could be earned through in-game achievements with the option to spend money to boost that progress or skip it entirely, not just "spend money to get the rewards and guess you can do a couple of things to spend $100 less"
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,062 ★★★★
    Oh god… the other threads got merged and closed so that it looks like I said “Wow, really adding a unique perspective and a lot of substance to this thing we’ve all been discussing the past 3 days…” to a really thoughtful and thorough discussion and not as a response to you-know-who lol. The horror!
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

Hey all,

Thank you all for the feedback. Personally, I don't think that this event itself is all bad, but I can see how certain parts of it and personally set expectations can make it undesirable for folks.

First, we need to say the same thing we've said in the past. Not every event is going to appeal to everybody, and there should not be an expectation that everybody can and should be able to complete every event, objective, quest, etc., that comes out.

We're also simultaneously seeing people saying they don't like any of the deals, and then getting mad that they exist. If you don't want to take part in the offers, you do not have to. You can choose where you spend your Gold, your Units, and your Time. If this isn't worth it, then don't do it.

Further, this is very optional. There is no item in the store or in the Solo event that is going to make a radical difference or give anybody a major advantage. Personally, I think that's a good thing because it makes the event totally optional.

As a community, we know that we have a tendency to treat everything in-game as compulsory or feel that everybody should be able to do everything without investing in the content. This is not the case, and there does not need to be an easy way to get everything (that's how games die when there is nothing left to chase).

We're taking this feedback to the team for future events, and I hope that we can improve upon them for our players, but also know that there will be more events in the future that will not appeal to everybody.

I know this might come across negatively, but that's not what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to be earnest and honest with you, and I hope you guys understand that. I will not be responding to any more questions or comments on what I have said above.

What about the direct contradiction in what you said that hoarding wouldn’t be needed, but yet it clearly is?
    Hey, you only need to hoard either like 30,000 units up to this point, 165,000 6* shards. That can all be gained in a day, no hoarding at all...
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,072 ★★★★★
    They really said the same sh*t last time an event like this rolled around and came back with an event that removed all of the good aspects of a trade in store and not doubled, but tripled (maybe an even higher multiple) down on what made these events bad. Genuinely gonna be hard to convince me this wasn't on purpose.