**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Introducing, something new - Carina's Trial: 7 for 7

Comments

• Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,024 ★★★★
    I like that but honestly dosent sound hard as you may think, I mean maybe I'm just overlooking act 7 nodes but I mean the 7* stars we have avaliable are really great... it's not like we have to use bad champs or anything
  • Options
    L_217L_217 Posts: 109 ★★
    Okay hear me out but...all of act 5 with 3 stars would be such a nice thing and a very nice way to demonstrate how far we've come in the contest. Also something involving Road to the Labyrinth would be fun
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,751 ★★★★★
    i'm down
  • Options
    XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 475 ★★★
    Massive W for kabam! Sounds super fun! Great Job! <3
  • Options
    kevhugokevhugo Posts: 138 ★★
    edited October 2023
    I think this is awesome, I feel like I've neglected some of my 7 star pulls because they're not the best for battlegrounds, this is the perfect occasion to finally give them a go.
  • Options
    KingnaesKingnaes Posts: 65
    So it's gonna be 24 quests in act 7 ( 6 quests per 4 chapters )... you can choose any path in the quest.

For us ppl that already explored act 7, gonna need like a checklist to keep track of which ones you did for the carina challenge
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    I guess there will be 24 objectives because otherwise I don't know how they will remember where we passed.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,410 ★★★★★

I guess there will be 24 objectives because otherwise I don't know how they will remember where we passed.

Could be 0/24 or 0/6 and there be 4 objectives or it be like the tb thing when u finish all it will say ur done claim reward like when u 100% tb u get the paragauntlet token
  • Options
    hi_im_sirhi_im_sir Posts: 271 ★★
    Will there be a chance that there'll be a limited time pfp like volume 1 and 2 carinas had?
  • Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Sounds exciting, notice it is permanent content. So for those like me who don't have any 7*, can do when able and I like fun challenges like this for appropriate rewards. Great job on this!
  • Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 634 ★★★
    edited October 2023
    I read this as complete, meaning we will have to run 6 paths in total. I'm a bit skeptical, seeing we've had some recent errors in wording lately. I very well could be wrong. Won't be the last time. One being the BG objectives from Cap's commissary & the trade gold for loyalty. Sounds fun regardless, just curious as I plan if it will be 6 or 24 paths. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Really like this kind of challenge
  • Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 634 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

I read this as complete, meaning we will have to run 6 paths in total. I'm a bit skeptical, seeing we've had some recent errors in wording lately. I very well could be wrong. Won't be the last time. One being the BG objectives from Cap's commissary & the trade gold for loyalty. Sounds fun regardless, just curious as I plan if it will be 6 or 24 paths. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Really like this kind of challenge

It says to "complete all solo objectives" to receive all the rewards.
    I'll wait & see then. Thank you for quick response
  • Options
    Roxas108Roxas108 Posts: 12
    MCOC Team said:

In October we are trying something new with a novel challenge from Carina.

A number of designers were discussing how much fun new account challenges are, and we brainstormed some ideas that could infuse some of that feeling into the game without actually requiring a new account.

Carina's Trial: 7 for 7 represents one of those ideas. It will challenge players to complete every quest in Act 7 using only 7 star champions. The idea is that players who want to undertake the challenge will have to make do with what they have as they expand their 7-Star roster, often lacking ideal counters and top meta Champions. We are hoping it will feel similar to trying to work your way through Act 6 on a new account.

It's a new concept for us, and so we wanted to be cautious about how it was implemented. As a result, the rewards were deliberately tuned to not feel mandatory. It's a challenge for those Summoners who will enjoy the challenge, but it's something that can be safely skipped for those who aren't interested. This is by design.

Complete all objectives to earn a total of 18,000x 7-Star Shards, 5,000x Titan Crystal Shards, 3,000,000x Gold and an Emote.

This content is permanent and can be completed for rewards one time! It will be releasing with the new content on October 4th!

Please let us know what you think! Additionally, if you have any similar ideas for challenges, please let us know and we will consider them for future content!

Edit for clarity: You have to do all the quests in order and, as with the other Carina's act challenges, you cannot use the choice node.

Im actually excited for this. I think right now is best time to release this since we don't need to restrickt champs by tags since everyone rosters is small and will challenge skill. Im looking forward to this :smiley:
  • Options
    VedisukeVedisuke Posts: 166 ★★
    Complete or explore?
    Kabam Jax said:

Rewards solo objectives?
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

With the 'complete all objectives' aspect I suppose that addresses my earlier question as it seems we can use the objectives to track for us. Which is nice. Thank you.

I could just wait to find out but will the objectives be grouped together, forcing a progression order, or separated so that we can jump around and complete in our own order?
  • Options
    ArmoredGhostArmoredGhost Posts: 91 ★★
    Could we get some energy refills to help us out? I'm already low on energy from the rest of the game's demands. This challenege would cost approximately 1,512 energy (24 quests each costing 3 energy per node with 21 nodes per quest. 24x3x21)
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    This I what I been saying you guys should do.

Great move, make these boys work.
  • Options
    melodicbluemelodicblue Posts: 8
    Sounds nice
  • Options
    Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Posts: 308 ★★★
    edited October 2023

Buttehrs said:

So does this mean, similar to shooting stars where you can't finish 100% unless you own a certain amount of 7* champs, that you can't even start this challenge until you have 5 different 7*? Or is 1 enough?

You gonna run 36 paths of act 7 with 1 single champ?
    I don't think they mean they only have one. I think they're asking if it will lock them out if they only have one.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    We are hoping it will feel similar to trying to work your way through Act 6 on a new account.

Old Act 6 on a new account? Sounds pretty horrifying to me, don’t know if it’s much better now after all the nerfs. XD