**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Deathless pieces for units

Comments

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    Ashacekar said:

Crcrcrc said:

They're gonna be EXPENSIVE when it comes to Unit costs. The Catch Up is really meant to be a last resort, so if you want to get them without spending a metric ton of units, I really suggest trying to get into an Alliance and start harvesting your Loyalty (I don't know how much you already have, so that might not be possible at this point either).

We keep hearing the word expensive, can we get like a price range so I can know how many units I’m gonna need to save?
    Imagine how much you think is expensive, then double it. I don't have an exact number right now, but I am prepared for the angry mobs on this one.
    I had said 10k but it doesn't feel like 20k. 100k is the max i will go.
    100k? That would be determination.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    100k for Thanos might be reasonable (so 25k for each of the other 4 and then you get Thanos for free).
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,395 ★★★★★
    WOLF_LINK said:

100k for Thanos might be reasonable (so 25k for each of the other 4 and then you get Thanos for free).

Even 25k each i feel thats still too generous lol
  • Options

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

They're gonna be EXPENSIVE when it comes to Unit costs. The Catch Up is really meant to be a last resort, so if you want to get them without spending a metric ton of units, I really suggest trying to get into an Alliance and start harvesting your Loyalty (I don't know how much you already have, so that might not be possible at this point either).

What will it cost to get Thanos @Kabam Miike?
    Also can we get his deep dive soon Thanos is about 5 years overdue.
    You will get Nameless Thanos if you get all 4 Deathless Champs.

I know GW, apparently you can get Nameless Thanos with units as well.
    Noooooo, I don't think so...
    Well, it depends on how many units we're talking about. I'm sure Crashed has a number he might be willing to do it for.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,990 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

Well, it depends on how many units we're talking about. I'm sure Crashed has a number he might be willing to do it for.
    I think he means you cannot get thanos for units directly
  • Options
    SeenkSeenk Posts: 207 ★★

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

I still don't understand the point of collecting these Champions, why should we waste our time collecting them? For what purpose? How are they different from regular Champions? Will Deathless Champions have synergy like F4?

Because a lot of people expected Guillotine to be a perfect class, but she turned out to be a Mystic class. With almost the same set of abilities as a regular Guillotine.

According to your stories, Geathless Champions are like they should be as strong as Hercules, who will destroy everything in their path, but in fact they are just regular Champions who caught the hype.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,784 ★★★★★
    Seenk said:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

I still don't understand the point of collecting these Champions, why should we waste our time collecting them? For what purpose? How are they different from regular Champions? Will Deathless Champions have synergy like F4?

Because a lot of people expected Guillotine to be a perfect class, but she turned out to be a Mystic class. With almost the same set of abilities as a regular Guillotine.

According to your stories, Geathless Champions are like they should be as strong as Hercules, who will destroy everything in their path, but in fact they are just regular Champions who caught the hype.
    Because some people just like collecting regardless of usage or anything else other than to collect.
  • Options
    GalactikDonutGalactikDonut Posts: 339 ★★★
    Seenk said:

nobody said they would be better than herc or the superior class. they were specifically stated to be non meta champions with kits similar to the original versions of the characters. they’re special because they’re cool trophy champions
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    Seenk said:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

Yes, they have synergy together as you can already see on Deathless Guillotine.

And while the normal ones are just Trophys, the final one Thanos is supposed to be really good (maybe close to Herc level).
  • Options
    DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    Didn't they say that there will be future challenges that can only be completed with Deathless champions?
  • Options
    Seenk said:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

Can you ask one of those many people to explain to me what the perfect class is? Because I'm unaware of it.

According to MCOC canon, the Deathless champs are creations of the Thanos that possessed the Death stone and are the commanders of the Nameless army. Beyond that, I'm unaware of any canon that specifies they are supposed to be "as strong as Hercules." This all seems to be completely made up out of thin air.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Seenk said:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

Can you ask one of those many people to explain to me what the perfect class is? Because I'm unaware of it.

According to MCOC canon, the Deathless champs are creations of the Thanos that possessed the Death stone and are the commanders of the Nameless army. Beyond that, I'm unaware of any canon that specifies they are supposed to be "as strong as Hercules." This all seems to be completely made up out of thin air.
    I think they mean superior class, some people call it perfect class
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

ahmynuts said:

DNA3000 said:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

If you buy two hundred million dollars of Odins, I will personally ask Kabam to unlock an offer for Deathless Thanos for you for some reasonable amount of units. I am confident I will be able to make some kind of deal for you there.
    I think we can still "technically" get him via units though, meaning if we buy all the other pieces of the other champs with units we essentially have bought thanos with units (and gone into massive debt. My bloodline will carry this financial burden for generations)
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,727 ★★★★
    edited December 2023
    DNA3000 said:

ahmynuts said:

DNA3000 said:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

If you buy two hundred million dollars of Odins, I will personally ask Kabam to unlock an offer for Deathless Thanos for you for some reasonable amount of units. I am confident I will be able to make some kind of deal for you there.
    With that money, you could buy kabam and be the boss and have a deathless champ version of yourself 🤣
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

DNA3000 said:

ahmynuts said:

DNA3000 said:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

I think we can still "technically" get him via units though, meaning if we buy all the other pieces of the other champs with units we essentially have bought thanos with units (and gone into massive debt. My bloodline will carry this financial burden for generations)
    My understanding is that you don't just automatically get the final Deathless just by having the first four. I think we're supposed to do something with the first four to earn the final one. And I don't believe Kabam has explicitly stated that the final champ is going to be purchasable with units. They've said that it is *likely* that the individual pieces of the other four will *eventually* be acquireable in some fashion, and *if* it is with units it will be *a lot* of units. But if the final Deathless champ is a trophy for completing some challenge with the four other Deathless champs, the odds of being able to buy him with units at any conceivable time in the future becomes very low. I mean, even now there's no way to directly buy Labtron with units (not counting facerolling through Labyrinth with units).
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

ahmynuts said:

DNA3000 said:

ahmynuts said:

DNA3000 said:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

My understanding is that you don't just automatically get the final Deathless just by having the first four. I think we're supposed to do something with the first four to earn the final one. And I don't believe Kabam has explicitly stated that the final champ is going to be purchasable with units. They've said that it is *likely* that the individual pieces of the other four will *eventually* be acquireable in some fashion, and *if* it is with units it will be *a lot* of units. But if the final Deathless champ is a trophy for completing some challenge with the four other Deathless champs, the odds of being able to buy him with units at any conceivable time in the future becomes very low. I mean, even now there's no way to directly buy Labtron with units (not counting facerolling through Labyrinth with units).
    I remember them mentioning something about a special quest where we use only the 4 deathless and we'll get thanos via that. I could just be having a mandela effect moment though
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

ahmynuts said:

DNA3000 said:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

With that money, you could buy kabam and be the boss and have a deathless champ version of yourself 🤣
    Probably not. Very rough ballpark estimate for the value of the game itself as a separate venture would be on the order of $500-$700 million USD. So not quite enough for that, but still plenty enough I think to land yourself a Deathless Thanos and at least a top 20 finish in the banquet event.
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,727 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

ahmynuts said:

DNA3000 said:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

Probably not. Very rough ballpark estimate for the value of the game itself as a separate venture would be on the order of $500-$700 million USD. So not quite enough for that, but still plenty enough I think to land yourself a Deathless Thanos and at least a top 20 finish in the banquet event.
    I think your going by old figures?

• Options
    BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike I’m sorry, I might be misunderstanding your post but did you say there was a catchup event? Is there any way we will get another crack at a piece that we didn’t get before the unit offer comes out (Like many, the battle grounds one is the piece I’m missing)?
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★

@Kabam Miike I’m sorry, I might be misunderstanding your post but did you say there was a catchup event? Is there any way we will get another crack at a piece that we didn’t get before the unit offer comes out (Like many, the battle grounds one is the piece I’m missing)?

No, as far as I understand, the unit offer will be the catch-up…
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    edited December 2023
    I am also still curious for the challenge for the 5th piece… something like “complete necropolis with only a Groot on your team”…
  • Options

no, the unit offers are the catch up event
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,295 ★★★★★
    Seenk said:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

Lol "as strong as Hercules" what is blud wafflin about.
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

ahmynuts said:

DNA3000 said:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

I think your going by old figures?

Let me guess, you Googled "Kabam revenue"

I don't know how Zippia is calculating revenue, but their data science team, after extensive research and analysis, seems to have failed to discover that Kabam was sold to Netmarble about seven years ago. As far as I am aware, Kabam doesn't report separate revenue from its games which are owned by Netmarble. If you want to know how much money MCOC is making, you can't search for Kabam revenue, you have to search for Netmarble revenue, and then actually read their financial statements.

(Note: Zippia is more of a job search site than a financial reporting site)

Or, you could have just clicked on the "how much money has MCOC made?" option:

There, Google says MCOC made about $223M USD in 2022. Of course, Google doesn't actually say anything, Google just quotes other people. In this case, Google is quoting a very knowledgeable person who has done the research substantially better than Zippia has in this one particular area.

(And just to be clear, other mathy players like KamMCOC have done similar financial breakdowns in the past and come up with figures in the same general ballpark as I have - the differences are due to the relatively small uncertainties in revenue geographic distribution and foreign exchange estimation).

The source of this information is available to the public via Netmarble's investor relations library: https://company.netmarble.com/en/invest/library. Anyone can download the financial statements and do the math themselves. For example, in the financial third quarter, (August to October 2023) Netmarble reported revenue of 630.6 billion Korean Won. MCOC was reported to represent 10% of that revenue, or about 63 billion Won. On the date of the report, the exchange rate from Won to USD was about 1317 to the dollar. Which makes MCOC's revenue approximately $48 million USD. This assumes that all the revenue was generated in the US, which it wasn't, and the exchange rates for other currencies are identical, which they aren't, but the Euro and Dollar tend to exchange at a similar basis to the Korean won so this is a reasonable estimate. Given that the combination of North America, Europe, and Korea itself represent 76% of Netmarble's total revenue. all other currency exchanges are likely to have very small impacts on these estimates.