Options

WoW Q - If you knew you WEREN’T going to get the abs man solo, who would you use?

Comments

• Options
    PrentexPrentex Posts: 302
    I noticed that too, sometimes when you try to bait a special he wouldn't throw it and then while you are holding block he throws it. But in general the baiting and turtling worked alright for me, was probably bad luck/rng in your case
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 809 ★★★★
    Prentex said:

was probably bad luck/rng in your case

*my entire MCOC experience summed up in one phrase
  • Options

I took my 6 star hulk to rank 3. Have recoil on, threw on every boost, and tried the @Cat_Murdock method.

Started my first run and got 17% off.

Messed up a couple then got him down to 67%.

Ok, then 4 straight entries.. no amount of turtling mattered - straight into SP1 regen while I was holding block. No 5 hit combos, nothing. Funny how you can’t get the AI to throw a special for 30 seconds while you dance around, but here’s abs man acting like he has 6 taunts on him.

That was my final attempt. The fight and AI is absolute garbage.

That’s so frustrating I’m sorry 😭😭
  • Options

I took my 6 star hulk to rank 3. Have recoil on, threw on every boost, and tried the @Cat_Murdock method.

Ok, then 4 straight entries.. no amount of turtling mattered - straight into SP1 regen while I was holding block. No 5 hit combos, nothing. Funny how you can’t get the AI to throw a special for 30 seconds while you dance around, but here’s abs man acting like he has 6 taunts on him.

Not your fault. Like someone else mentioned, if they AI complied, I would be home free. And it looks like you helped multiple folks who got that AI. It is what it is… I just doubt I am the only guy out there that ran into the bad RNG.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,120 ★★★★

Not your fault. Like someone else mentioned, if they AI complied, I would be home free. And it looks like you helped multiple folks who got that AI. It is what it is… I just doubt I am the only guy out there that ran into the bad RNG.
    @Chuck_Finley have you tried the @G-Hun-Gear method from earlier in the thread?? I found that when I tried to reach a level 3 with hulk or just below lv2, too often, I'd need to bait, or plain dodge an sp1. Which means he regens.... And if you've revived, that means he's going up way faster than you can manage to counter with damage... Which makes you want to throw your phone in rage and your wife question why you're so angry.. again....

G-Hun-Gears' method, broadly, avoids that risk. It's just getting to the sp1 and is easier to practice as a result. You're literally just practising to time the sp1 stun after entering gamma rage, with his unstoppable. Used a r1 7* hulk for this and was passable.
  • Options

@Chuck_Finley have you tried the @G-Hun-Gear method from earlier in the thread?? I found that when I tried to reach a level 3 with hulk or just below lv2, too often, I'd need to bait, or plain dodge an sp1. Which means he regens.... And if you've revived, that means he's going up way faster than you can manage to counter with damage... Which makes you want to throw your phone in rage and your wife question why you're so angry.. again....

G-Hun-Gears' method, broadly, avoids that risk. It's just getting to the sp1 and is easier to practice as a result. You're literally just practising to time the sp1 stun after entering gamma rage, with his unstoppable. Used a r1 7* hulk for this and was passable.
    That’s what I was trying - he was just launching sp1 while trying to get to my SP1 … into my block
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,735 ★★★★
    Well - he is down. And WoW that really sucked. @Cat_Murdock thanks again for the technique - it worked, but much like @Chuck_Finley I had definite issues with the AI throwing specials into block regardless of my turtling. Almost makes you ‘tin foil hat’ it and wonder if the AI has been tweaked in the last couple of days. Anyways, burned WAY too many revives - probably 20? But at least it is done.

I’m definitely NOT going to do another one like this so hoping Kabam does a better job not over tuning the future fights. I’m not the best player, but I do have Necropolis explored so I’m not a total scrub. And this fight was not at all fun.
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    Just remember they will probably be tieing the fights together and creating a new eternity end game challenges from this. This isn’t the last you have seen of this nonsense.

Unstoppable, unblockable, turtling to degen, crazy AI. This is the future of this game. They got nothing left fresh and interesting but cheese or people have fun and may revive though with little investment. Apparently you can't affordably manage a game on fun only, gotta bring the 🧀.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,735 ★★★★
    ChiliDog said:

Just remember they will probably be tieing the fights together and creating a new eternity end game challenges from this. This isn’t the last you have seen of this nonsense.

Unstoppable, unblockable, turtling to degen, crazy AI. This is the future of this game. They got nothing left fresh and interesting but cheese or people have fun and may revive though with little investment. Apparently you can't affordably manage a game on fun only, gotta bring the 🧀.

Yes, although they did say they are going to tune abs man back a bit for the gauntlet run. Remains to be seen of course - I definitely won’t fight him again in his current incarnation.
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,193 ★★★★

I used Hulk using a method recommended to me by some friends that requires reviving and healing, but prevents his regen and that’s all I could ask for after all my failed She Hulk attempts.

Enter the fight and build up to just under 2 bars of power, but keep turtled up while doing so to prevent him using a single special. This requires block damage (hence extra healing on revives), but also you can pretty safely parry or reparry since he won’t be refining any forms. Then, just keep spamming sp1 until the cows come home. The tricky bit here is making sure to time your stuns and specials around the Unstoppable timer, as that can mess the whole thing up if he recovers. In my best runs, I could do about 20% HP until I ran out of stuns. My Hulk is 6r3 unduped, but I did put on suicide masteries and boosts for it.

I didn’t count how many revives I used, but I’m estimating around 7 or 8, plus potions, (could have been less but I had a several runs where I messed up the Unstoppable timing. I recommend taking several restarts to get a feel for when you start spamming sp1s in relation the cool down). But as long as you don’t let him use a special, he won’t heal and you can bully him down.

For anyone frustrated by his regeneration and just wants him dead, this is a method I recommend. I tried She Hulk for a while, but she just really wasn’t working for me.

Thanks @Cat_Murdock

Used My 7*r1 Hulk after reading this
    First run went pretty well(no boosts yet)
    Abs man threw 1sp1 and 1 sp2 before I reached my sp3(took some good block DMG)
    Then after Sp3 it went nicely and Abs man was down to 43%(quite good)
    20% rev+3 5000HP+1 10000 HP potion(still no boosts)
    Followed Your strategy as I didn't want to risk regen and got him down to 12%
    20% revive+20000 HP potion(small boosts)
    Followed your strategy and Abs man died

THANKS A LOT
  • Options
    jdschwjdschw Posts: 194 ★★
    @Chuck_Finley the key is, don't even give him the chance to throw a special. Push him to just shy of an SP1, wait for the unstoppable timer to be 25%-50% left, and just combo directly into the stunlock. He literally won't get an opening to throw any special before he reaches sp3 and kills you instantly when the stunlock ends, so he won't heal up at all.
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    For those who are getting frustrated by him regening back health just quit outa the fight. 1 revive can save so much more in the long run :)
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,706 ★★★★★
    I figure, if a solo isnt possible, I may as well get two objective points anyway.

My strat with 6r3 hulk was simply to keep him stunned as long as possible and always push to sp3. No regen, lots of revives.

I couldn't get abs to cooperate with any other method.

• Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,487 ★★★★

I figure, if a solo isnt possible, I may as well get two objective points anyway.

My strat with 6r3 hulk was simply to keep him stunned as long as possible and always push to sp3. No regen, lots of revives.

I couldn't get abs to cooperate with any other method.

That's exactly what I did with my 7r1 hulk,.
    Took a few revives but finally managed to KO abs.

Just hoping that I can somehow still get the deathless KG piece only having done the one objective, plus the extra pt from robot we're getting for free.
    I'll only have 3 points if I can't get the sinister 6 objective done.
  • Options
    jdschw said:

@Chuck_Finley the key is, don't even give him the chance to throw a special. Push him to just shy of an SP1, wait for the unstoppable timer to be 25%-50% left, and just combo directly into the stunlock. He literally won't get an opening to throw any special before he reaches sp3 and kills you instantly when the stunlock ends, so he won't heal up at all.

@Chuck_Finley what @jdschw said; the G-Hun method, is that you're not giving him a bar of power before the main stun lock combo starts. Page 1 of this thread.

It does work, but it did need, in my case at least, an energy refil of practice before it clicked. Just don't even push him to a bar, it's parry, 5 hit combo, double medium. He's now just under 1 bar, then parry, 5 hit combo to sp1, fire the sp1, then 5 hit combo, then heavy to start gamma rage and another stun, then make sure you sp1 fast, as he'll be unstoppable, normally at that point, so you need the first sp1 stun under gamma rage, to hit before he comes out of the heavy stun, or he will block the sp1 in gamma. When that stun expires, he'll be a third through the unstoppable cool down timer, 5 hit combo, relic, 5 hit combo, then sp1 again.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,699 Guardian
    Of all the options I’ve tried so far, I personally think Sandman is the one that will have the best shot at getting the eventual win, assuming two things. One: you max out despair. Two: you use practce mode to get a solid grasp of the rhythm and distance required to be able to shut off his forms with heavy counter from either special.

If you can do those two things, I think Sandman gets the inevitable solo even if you occasionally mess up, and even if you mess up at low health (which is the most dangerous point to mess up, because Abs healing scales up with lower health).

The safest strategy for me was:

Focus only on SP2 until you max out debuffs. In fact, just do SP2 only if you think the extra mental load of even bothering to keep track is too much. Your only goal initially is to avoid hitting into unstoppable. Forget his heals, forget everything else, just watch unstoppable, don’t hit into it. Build up to SP2.

Once you have SP2, get a good opening and use it. Once you do, and you keep spamming SP2, his unstoppable is gone, and your biggest problem is gone. He’s also not going to be healing any more, so your other problem is gone, and you just have to fight him long enough for him to go down.

Thee other half of the fight is managing his forms. My strategy: do NOT heavy counter him out of his forms UNLESS he is refining the form. You can only knock him out of a form every twenty seconds. Two ways to make the fight much harder. Let him refine Magma, and get incinerated to death. Let him refine Uru, and essentially become unblockable (his block damage in refined Uru is ridiculous). Debuffs will keep healing under control once you have SP2s building up on him. Use your heavy counters to knock him out of refined modes.

This is where using practice mode pays off. Make sure you can reliably heavy counter both SP1 and SP2. For SP1, I back off a bit and let him throw it, and then I do one dash back as he charges forward and charge heavy, and the spacing is usually just right to hit him. For SP2, it’s a bit harder I do a short dash back while he is in the middle of the swing and a short one while he is in the air, but this one takes practice. Practice when it is free, not when you’re paying energy.

IF you can reliably heavy counter his specials, and IF you can dance with him for at least two minutes or so before you die while spamming SP2, you’ll eventually whittle him down. I died when he was literally at 1% health, and on the next revive he revived all the way back up to 6% before I could get to SP2, but then I got him down by not panicking and just taking my time to build back up the debuffs and slowly manage his forms.

I found the Hulk method to be ultimately harder, because while it seems more straight forward, and it is, and it is faster, it isn’t easy to practice the timing and rhythm. And it is more AI dependent than Sandman. And in my opinion, the hardest part of the fight is not the twitch skills involved, it is the mental load of keeping track of everything without getting distracted and dying at the worst possible time. With Sandman you only have to focus on unstoppable until it is gone, then you only have to focus on which form he is in until he is dead. If he is in Uru, heavy counter if he throws SP1. If he is in Magma, heavy counter if he throws SP2. Otherwise, just fight him normally. Wildcard: if he is at 600 charges he will refine the next special. If you can keep track of that, great. If you lose track and let him refine Uru, play him as if he is unblockable until it wears off. If you let him refine Magma, well, if you’re reading this for tips you’re probably screwed, but that’s what revives are for.

It took me six or seven revives getting the hang of it, but once I got the hang of it, it became, well not easy, but it seemed to become inevitable, and I was getting 25% or more when I got into a good rhythm. And that inevitability made it much less frustrating in my opinion, compared to when I did it with Hulk. I always felt with Hulk I was one slip up and AI glitch from having to start over. I never felt that way with Sandman, even when I died at 10%, and even when I died at 1% and almost threw my phone out the window. Sandman’s debuffs and overall safety of the fight kept me from losing my cool.
  • Options
    @DNA3000 what rank is your sandman?

I am still debating taking mine to r4 (6* obviously) but at the same time, nit really wanting to waste the catalysts to do so for a wow fight either.

I took my she hulk from r1 to r3 then ended up using hulk in the end, so I have already wasted catalysts on that. Oops!
  • Options
    @Moosetiptronic - tried that…8 tries and 1 revive. Best I could do is 9% off with my 6 star R3 hulk at any given run. Most of the time he just blocked the SP1 I had to rush to after the heavy.

Thanks for trying to help. Just going to accept my old thumbs can’t do it with limited energy. Gonna take a lot longer to master. And if I can’t get the objective, then the KG piece is off the table.. and since I am only paragon. The rest of the rewards aren’t worth it.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,048 ★★★★★
    For those using Sandman, I also strongly recommend running at least one point in Inequity. Throw a point in Resonate too if you can. It’s a huge reduction to Abs Man’s attack, and it’ll save you a lot of chip damage along the way.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,699 Guardian

I am still debating taking mine to r4 (6* obviously) but at the same time, nit really wanting to waste the catalysts to do so for a wow fight either.

I took my she hulk from r1 to r3 then ended up using hulk in the end, so I have already wasted catalysts on that. Oops!

I took mine to R5 specifically for Woe, but because Sandman shuts off regen and because you don't take a ton of damage unless you let a refined Abs hit into your block I believe it is doable for a normal-skilled player with R4, it will just take longer (and perhaps with more revives because it takes longer).

Almost all my deaths were due to mistakes, not slow chip downs to zero. So the R5 attack increase helps go faster, but the R5 extra health had less overall benefit (some, but not as much as the attack increase). And of course, you should boost up as much as possible, which I did during my run.

Again, I'm thinking about the angle of most likely to complete eventually, not the best possible option. I think Sandman has the best chance to complete eventually, and even an R3 will do it eventually, if you're willing to pour some revives into it (and even R3 wouldn't I think require an enormous amount, although for lower skilled players it might take a ton of them).
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

I took mine to R5 specifically for Woe, but because Sandman shuts off regen and because you don't take a ton of damage unless you let a refined Abs hit into your block I believe it is doable for a normal-skilled player with R4, it will just take longer (and perhaps with more revives because it takes longer).

Almost all my deaths were due to mistakes, not slow chip downs to zero. So the R5 attack increase helps go faster, but the R5 extra health had less overall benefit (some, but not as much as the attack increase). And of course, you should boost up as much as possible, which I did during my run.

Again, I'm thinking about the angle of most likely to complete eventually, not the best possible option. I think Sandman has the best chance to complete eventually, and even an R3 will do it eventually, if you're willing to pour some revives into it (and even R3 wouldn't I think require an enormous amount, although for lower skilled players it might take a ton of them).
    Thanks for the tips.

I tried a few days ago with my r3, spent about 10 revives and 100 potions before I threw in the towel because I had him down to 23% or so and he ended up reviving back to 60%.

Now that I'm done exploring EQ and done the gauntlet I will probably try again a few times before it gets phased into the second fight.

Just gotta concentrate, and play very well!
  • Options

@Moosetiptronic - tried that…8 tries and 1 revive. Best I could do is 9% off with my 6 star R3 hulk at any given run. Most of the time he just blocked the SP1 I had to rush to after the heavy.

Thanks for trying to help. Just going to accept my old thumbs can’t do it with limited energy. Gonna take a lot longer to master. And if I can’t get the objective, then the KG piece is off the table.. and since I am only paragon. The rest of the rewards aren’t worth it.

Sorry man. If it's any consolation, I spent around 18 revives chipping him down with warlock.... It's a terrible fight!
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,837 ★★★★★
    @Cat_Murdock

My hulk is also 6* rank 3. Had you considered going for the sp3 then the sp1 stun lock? As opposed to just doing back to back sp1?

Someone recommended it this way, but I’m not sure the difference as I dont use hulk

I assume there has to be some reason why you didnt go for sp3 and just did sp1 cycle.
  • Options
    Polygon said:

@Cat_Murdock

My hulk is also 6* rank 3. Had you considered going for the sp3 then the sp1 stun lock? As opposed to just doing back to back sp1?

Someone recommended it this way, but I’m not sure the difference as I dont use hulk

I assume there has to be some reason why you didnt go for sp3 and just did sp1 cycle.

I didn’t consider it because I’m unfamiliar with his buff tbh! He isn’t someone I use. I ranked him to r3 specifically for this challenge and was only advised of the SP1 method. But in hindsight I probably would have still done the same way anyway, just to minimize the amount of time something could go wrong. I’d definitely give both ways a try to see what works better for you, I know others have had success with going for SP3 first
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

I used Hulk using a method recommended to me by some friends that requires reviving and healing, but prevents his regen and that’s all I could ask for after all my failed She Hulk attempts.

Enter the fight and build up to just under 2 bars of power, but keep turtled up while doing so to prevent him using a single special. This requires block damage (hence extra healing on revives), but also you can pretty safely parry or reparry since he won’t be refining any forms. Then, just keep spamming sp1 until the cows come home. The tricky bit here is making sure to time your stuns and specials around the Unstoppable timer, as that can mess the whole thing up if he recovers. In my best runs, I could do about 20% HP until I ran out of stuns. My Hulk is 6r3 unduped, but I did put on suicide masteries and boosts for it.

I didn’t count how many revives I used, but I’m estimating around 7 or 8, plus potions, (could have been less but I had a several runs where I messed up the Unstoppable timing. I recommend taking several restarts to get a feel for when you start spamming sp1s in relation the cool down). But as long as you don’t let him use a special, he won’t heal and you can bully him down.

For anyone frustrated by his regeneration and just wants him dead, this is a method I recommend. I tried She Hulk for a while, but she just really wasn’t working for me.

To build on this, I did something similar but with a slight twist that let me get it done in only two revives.

On your first run, don’t really worry about the regen (he’s already at high health, it doesn’t really matter). Build to an sp3, ideally right after you enter Gamma Rage to apply a massive physical vulnerability debuff. Once in Gamma Rage, your hits are going to be inflicting physical vulnerability debuffs, which, when coupled with 3/3 despair mastery and the one off your sp3, will shut down his healing. Then do the sp1 spam that Cat described and you’ll have massive damage output throughout it.

On subsequent runs, use your heavy attack to manually activate Gamma Rage and start applying debuffs to mitigate Abs Man’s regen. You only need 5 furies to activate, so it’s not too hard to play turtley until you can do it as needed. And always be ready to deactivate his form if he activates it when you don’t have debuffs stacked.
    @Wicket329 Regarding the 2nd paragraph, following the subsequent revive, wouldnt it be better to heavy once, sp1 (when close to an sp2), then sp1 again for the stunlock as opposed to manually activating it with the heavy at 5+ ?

Just curious what your thoughts are, you would be holding block or reparrying or dexing away when he has a bar of power to prevent him throwing it. My hulk is only a 6* r3
  • Options
    edited February 15
    Disregard, i got it done. Not proud of it though. Got him to 60% with my first attempt with just a rank 3 6* but the fight went south after that. 10 revives because of erratic AI throwing specials into blocks, or holding the special until unstoppable came on. Such a horribly designed fight considering how broken the regen is when he’s low on health. I really hope they dont let Kevin design any more fights after this. This was just pure evil from him.
  • Options
    Jazz_MessengerJazz_Messenger Posts: 152
    edited February 15
    I did initial clear with Void and then managed to do Gamma objective with Hulk over the weekend. So I have 3 points after the free point.

I tried Robot with Guillotine 2099 last night. I knew I couldn’t solo, so I was chipping away his health by reviving (as planned) and got him down to just below 50%. After that, I couldn’t make any more progress and gave up. I was fine using resources, but his regen was too much to overcome unless you do decent damages before dying.

I think I hit my limit in this game. This is the first content that I set out to do and did not finish. I get that it is supposed to be hard, but it was not fun at all. I don’t have Sandman above 4*, so I’m ranking up my 6* Shocker. At this point, I don’t even want to try with him.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,114 ★★★★★
    Spent 9 revives for gamna objective with r3 hulk

@Cat_Murdock your technique really worked well mate, Thanks. The fight is basically dealing as much as damage before abs throw his sp3.

I could've completed the fight in 6 revives, but 3 of them went for stupid mistakes.