Options

Let’s Talk - BGs is Failling Behind, why?

Comments

• Options
    SkyfawSkyfaw Posts: 172 ★★
    BGs is stale simply just because there is alot to do in the game atm and nothing more.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 777 ★★★★
    edited February 22
    I don't have the in-game energy to do all the SQ, EQ, and BGs.
  • Options
    gage201205gage201205 Posts: 574 ★★★
    Honestly its probably already been said but im not reading through all the comments. Im sure kabam can see all the data, and the data would say mojority of people played bg during the anniversary edition which had amazing solo and alliance rewards. It felt rewarding and competitive like AW. Rewards in store and solo or alliance have fell off a cliff.

You dont see anyone running back and doing carina challeges vol 1 and 2, because the effort vs rewards arent worth it. Its how im starting to feel about battlegrounds.
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    All of the reasons you posted in secondary.

We need WAY BETTER Solo Event Rewards
    We need WAYYY BETTER Alliance Event Rewards
    We need WAYYYYY BETTER Alliance Ranked Rewards
    Elders Marks and Trophy chips need to be increase at least 100 for each rank you up.
    Titan shards and 7* shards need to be added across all rewards structure. This is the most competitive mode in the game right? ok then they need to have the most lucrative rewards as well.
  • Options
    N8buckeye08N8buckeye08 Posts: 51
    I think they basically need to make the anniversary rewards the norm and tweak the stores a bit.

One bolder change might be to let you not lose a win towards the next level if you win 1 fight of the match.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    For me, the rewards aren't worth the effort and there's way too much going on to put in much time outside of 3 wins every two days.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 777 ★★★★
    The metas also stink. Either extremely roster dependent or nuke metas.

Every recent one has been garbage.
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 877 ★★★
    Now I'm waiting for 8.4 so I can push for Valiant
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,591 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Wanted to laugh too but it’s a pretty sad state. It’d be nice to get an update from the team o. If changes are coming to BGs rewards or structure
  • Options
    edited February 23

The metas also stink. Either extremely roster dependent or nuke metas.

Every recent one has been garbage.

I think it’s just the general structure of having season long themes with 2 sub metas rather than 4 distinctly different metas. In the 4 meta format the metas changing let different champs shine more often and helped keep things fun or let you pick your spots. 2 submetas you just get bored and feel stuck playing node combinations you dislike with little variation between attacker and defender stalwarts.

I think a 2-1-1, 3 meta format, would really work well as not everyone sprints to the GC in the first week of BGs so the first meta being 2 weeks really wouldn’t be a big deal.

Also wanna echo the 2 medals for a win / 1 for a loss system in VT was superior to the extended VT system with seeding in my opinion too.
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 399 ★★★
    Kabam should at least remove the ability to ban champs, and this rng based selection of attackers and defenders, which only benefits decks flooded with ascended R5s and 7R2s+.

In addition, Kabam should also try to approach a 50/50 situation on who has to place defender first, as they had in the first season. This would have had a major impact on the ability to compete for TB/Paragon players. I have to place first 80-90% of the time, idk…why ?!?

If they also removed that you lose medallions upon defeat, but set the requirements for promotion to x number of wins in each group, then it might be more motivating to play more. Atm I just do the 48 hours objectives, and idc where I end up in the season anymore…D1 atm, for 2 weeks, 7 times close to promotion, 7 times I’ve ran into a wall of ascended R5s and 7R3s decks, which also, of course, got high ranked Onslought, Bullshite and Maestro, in adition to all the other nasty defenders.

• Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    TBH, BGs need to be completely redone. The whole VT and GC never made sense and has proven to be a disaster. Make it one big ladder to climb to there can be som actual separation of players.
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 399 ★★★

TBH, BGs need to be completely redone. The whole VT and GC never made sense and has proven to be a disaster. Make it one big ladder to climb to there can be som actual separation of players.

Yeah, the first «season» was like that, and it was fun. We had pretty much a 50/50 on who had to place defenders first to. You got points per win and faced players with similar points when you played again, that was a fair competition.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,559 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Wanted to laugh too but it’s a pretty sad state. It’d be nice to get an update from the team o. If changes are coming to BGs rewards or structure
    To be fair, it is a busy month, especially where energy is concerned. But in my view that only underscores the preference of players for allocation of available energy away from BGs when given other choices.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

BigBlueOx said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

To be fair, it is a busy month, especially where energy is concerned. But in my view that only underscores the preference of players for allocation of available energy away from BGs when given other choices.

Dr. Zola
    Fair point but that means it’s also going to remain a persistent problem with seasonal Everest content only just starting. The cost of that event is definitely having a knock on effect here too.
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,788 ★★★★★
    All they need is a BG store overhaul. That’s it. People will be playing like crazy once again, once the rewards make up for their (considerable) time.