**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Magic Thief - NEEDS NERF ASAP

1131415161719»

Comments

• Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,346 ★★★★
    GabeZRod said:

FunnyDude said:

GabeZRod said:

The fact that Bullseye, Serpent, and Killmonger alone are in this defense tactic is heinous. Everyone is just maximizing these champs because it’s an automatic loss of attack bonus wherever they appear. War used to be my favorite tactic. I have spent countless hours developing a huge defense planning spreadsheet, and right now I can barely get people to join without threatening to leave the alliance

I wouldn't say automatic, I've solo'd plenty of Bullseyes and Killmongers. Haven't actually faced a serpent on my path or mini yet.
    Unfortunately, it's not just about you, it's about another 29 players in your alliance. If handful of them can't do this kind of fight anymore, your alliance is in trouble, alliance is built based on human relationship, you can't just run it like recruiting a bunch of mercenaries.

I do believe there are very good players in all war tiers, but when the game content is too difficult, some of them can't follow up and quit, this will destabilise alliance, which is foundation of the game.

No the node is overtuned I've said this from the start that it's going to drive players away and it should never have been put out. Especially since they ban iceman and that's a big part of the hazard shift side gone.

I was just replying to the guy that said any Bullseyes or Killmongers are instant attack bonuses lost. I'm sure most players can at least salvage some attack bonus on bullseye now, and killmonger is very easily manageable when is isn't on one eye open hazard shift.
    I mean…. Have you gotten to fight a 7* R3 duped champ on stun reflect? You need incin/poison to be able to parry him as a way to remove invul passives. You need DOT to gain power, which makes KM gain power faster. If he launches an sp1, you can’t hit into his block to remove invul passives, but he’ll just go unstoppable and kill you. Even with a fully ranked up counter, full boosts, and a cooperative AI, your margin for error is so thin that even more skilled players have a hard time getting a solo. You shouldn’t need to rely on the stars aligning for something to have a minimal chance of soloing a fight in Alliance War. That’s Winter of Woe level of nonsense, but at least WOW pays out individuals for getting through that.
    Yes, I used Sorcerer Supreme, solo'd
  • Options

GabeZRod said:

FunnyDude said:

GabeZRod said:

The fact that Bullseye, Serpent, and Killmonger alone are in this defense tactic is heinous. Everyone is just maximizing these champs because it’s an automatic loss of attack bonus wherever they appear. War used to be my favorite tactic. I have spent countless hours developing a huge defense planning spreadsheet, and right now I can barely get people to join without threatening to leave the alliance

I wouldn't say automatic, I've solo'd plenty of Bullseyes and Killmongers. Haven't actually faced a serpent on my path or mini yet.
    Unfortunately, it's not just about you, it's about another 29 players in your alliance. If handful of them can't do this kind of fight anymore, your alliance is in trouble, alliance is built based on human relationship, you can't just run it like recruiting a bunch of mercenaries.

I do believe there are very good players in all war tiers, but when the game content is too difficult, some of them can't follow up and quit, this will destabilise alliance, which is foundation of the game.

No the node is overtuned I've said this from the start that it's going to drive players away and it should never have been put out. Especially since they ban iceman and that's a big part of the hazard shift side gone.

I was just replying to the guy that said any Bullseyes or Killmongers are instant attack bonuses lost. I'm sure most players can at least salvage some attack bonus on bullseye now, and killmonger is very easily manageable when is isn't on one eye open hazard shift.
    I mean…. Have you gotten to fight a 7* R3 duped champ on stun reflect? You need incin/poison to be able to parry him as a way to remove invul passives. You need DOT to gain power, which makes KM gain power faster. If he launches an sp1, you can’t hit into his block to remove invul passives, but he’ll just go unstoppable and kill you. Even with a fully ranked up counter, full boosts, and a cooperative AI, your margin for error is so thin that even more skilled players have a hard time getting a solo. You shouldn’t need to rely on the stars aligning for something to have a minimal chance of soloing a fight in Alliance War. That’s Winter of Woe level of nonsense, but at least WOW pays out individuals for getting through that.
    Sorc is actually the only counter to that fight.
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 557 ★★★★

Came to add to this, my feedback has changed. When we consider a full diversity alliance, these champs are painful to face, but atleast there is only one of them.
    I'm consistently facing alliances placing multiple bullseyes, serpents and KMs. I am a t1 player, currently chilling with the old crew in high t2. Facing 2-3 bullseyes on my path is NOT fun. Planning for these crappy defenders is NOT fun. Facing multiple copies is NOT fun. i can solo these defenders for the most part, but keeping the crews' morale up through this is... NOT fun.
    T2 is brutal with these alliances opting to inflict pain on each other, and at this point, war is NOT fun.

goes to show you how bad it is. non-perfect diversity in the higher tiers was really really rare prior to crush.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★

Came to add to this, my feedback has changed. When we consider a full diversity alliance, these champs are painful to face, but atleast there is only one of them.
    I'm consistently facing alliances placing multiple bullseyes, serpents and KMs. I am a t1 player, currently chilling with the old crew in high t2. Facing 2-3 bullseyes on my path is NOT fun. Planning for these crappy defenders is NOT fun. Facing multiple copies is NOT fun. i can solo these defenders for the most part, but keeping the crews' morale up through this is... NOT fun.
    T2 is brutal with these alliances opting to inflict pain on each other, and at this point, war is NOT fun.

Can’t blame those alliances though, the current sandbox devalued diversity, and rewards rigid pain.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,346 ★★★★
    edited March 26

GabeZRod said:

FunnyDude said:

GabeZRod said:

Sorc is actually the only counter to that fight.
    I did do it with dragonman too, granted I died once that fight when sorcerer was banned. But it wasn't a stone wall that was insurmountable. You get him in the corner and do pretty huge damage.

I actually find the one eye open hazard shift node much worse than the stun reflect node since that has much more limited options.
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 461 ★★★

An angry Guardian :-)
    thanks for speaking out your feeling
  • Options
    PIKESTAINPIKESTAIN Posts: 168 ★★
    FunnyDude said:

An angry Guardian :-)
    thanks for speaking out your feeling
    I want to tread carefully here due to being warned once. But I’m glad a guardian is speaking up. I’d really like for them to make a comment on plans going forward. We’re halfway through the worst season I’ve ever participated in, I wonder what their outlook is going forward.
  • Options

whitemummy is an officer in one of the best ever war teams and they're finding it unenjoyable.

when will this insanity end?

NewN officer? So I feel bad not because I'm not skilled enough.
  • Options
    FunnyDude said:

whitemummy is an officer in one of the best ever war teams and they're finding it unenjoyable.

when will this insanity end?

NewN officer? So I feel bad not because I'm not skilled enough.
    yes Newn. mummy has the war champion tag and mastership, which is hitting masters 20+ times.
  • Options
    CobraSCobraS Posts: 56
    Thnx Kabam for this enlighted new global. Our leader and many members decided to leave this game. 5 years of playing together thrown away because of a foolish defeloper that created a global that let players leave the game.
  • Options
    ZilliaxerZilliaxer Posts: 64
    edited March 29

Platinum 6
    No words
  • Options
    CobraS said:

Thnx Kabam for this enlighted new global. Our leader and many members decided to leave this game. 5 years of playing together thrown away because of a foolish defeloper that created a global that let players leave the game.

Guess the ASAP is too late for many alliances, sad
    As I said, PR of Kabam is a disaster
  • Options
    mattavelimattaveli Posts: 42
    They probably are tested but to the point where they are happy for it to be as difficult as they can possibly make it without getting in any real trouble. They know many ppl don’t spend money on the game so it’s there way of trying to get as many potions, units into hoping those none spenders then have to spend to get the relevant potions/revives needed to stay in there alliance.
  • Options
    even after the nerf i wish this global would get cancelled. and next season is going to cause problems because of the blacklist, which is why i'm really starting to hate the ban system.

broken globals (A) + the ban system (B) + restrictive attacker tags (C) = PAIN

A got toned down but C combined with B will make the entire season a pain again. so what's the solution, adding more champions to x magica again??

if so, it's too late with just a month left in magic thief and it proves the idea that we stumble through these seasons and waste loyalty on the mode and on ranking champions that won't even matter a month later, then we continue the cycle of pain and frustration with the next global while waiting on "the data" to confirm what we already know yet again.

war is in a really bad state and only ending the agenda of wanting Broken Alliance Wars (more deaths) will fix it.