Options

Diversity points

Comments

• Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 766 ★★★

Wow so aw which was kind of annoying but ok is now ruined ? People loosing wars when they really shouldnt i mean my alli has lost its last two wars evem thou we beat them on everything they only won due to diversity which sucks :/

Darn... that's gonna drop you guys to tier 2 and out of masters right?
  • Options
    Core21042016Core21042016 Posts: 17
    PIKESTAIN said:

PIKESTAIN said:

PIKESTAIN said:

PIKESTAIN said:

Outstanding kabam performance again… who was smart enough took the risk and placed doubled bullseye & co knowing it will bring more than a kill. Not to bother others but to survive the kill competition!
    AW was anyways the game mode with the lowest fun level the last seasons -> from flagship to pain in the ass.
    The change kabam is implementing was not necessary mid season and for sure not in front of a holiday weekend with additional workload for all alliances (updating defense) and without support from their end. Management wise its just a complete fail

As I’ve stated you guys who did place lack of diversity did get shafted.

But let’s not act like it was some heroic genius or big risk. If you placed lack of diversity from tier 1 and below (even some in tier 1) you took advantage of an extremely broken tactic. It’s not some big brain move or some big risk. Again, you don’t deserve the L due to Kabam’s mistake. But it’s really not the risk you were making it out to be because diversity points didnt matter with a tactic that’s so messed up.
    As I described it was necessary to compete! Not saying its fun or you need to have studied to do so. But who was not smart enough to double defenders lost the war.
    As a tier 1 players a few spots out of Masters, it wasn’t necessary to compete. Most in Masters didn’t do it.
    I see you want to make your point. Its ok for me, we play Tier 1 too and had not a single opponent w 150 diversity.
    Yeah I don’t believe that. We played 4loki, full diversity, and several others. Either way you’re most likely going to get credit for the W. And shouldn’t have gotten the loss.
    Again, Its nice you tell us how the world looks like in the top 20. Tier 1 goes all the way down to P1. Why should I lie? Come down to earth and face the issues the major alliance base was facing instead of telling everyone how great the top 20 are to be not forced using 2 bullseye & co.
    How were you forced to use 2 bullseyes? You weren’t forced to place dupes. It was a choice. The tactic has been awful. Some alliances decided to CHOOSE to take advantage of a broken tactic by placing dupes. Good for you guys. You weren’t forced. Nowhere close.

Anyways, hope you get your win back.
    Listen, its multiple time explained already. I have no time to explain over and over again the ABC of competition to someone who is resistent to acknowledge 😅. Let’s close this here
  • Options
    What_A_MessWhat_A_Mess Posts: 37
    Kabam Jax said:

We are aware of the issue.

The team is currently discussing their plan of action.

We'll report back when we have more information.

Thank you for your patience.

Greeting Jex, thanks for the reply.
    I think all of us know the dev team cannot fix the war season while it's still running, if you listen to your heart, you will agree too. Instead of pushing out another fix then getting more hatreds, why don't you just slow down, just take the suggestion from the community and cancel the season?

A lot of alliances got wrong results from war-7, and it has consequentially impact on the following match, so just take the first 6 wars results as the final results of the season, take the time to fix/tune the war.
  • Options
    PIKESTAINPIKESTAIN Posts: 180 ★★

PIKESTAIN said:

PIKESTAIN said:

PIKESTAIN said:

PIKESTAIN said:

Outstanding kabam performance again… who was smart enough took the risk and placed doubled bullseye & co knowing it will bring more than a kill. Not to bother others but to survive the kill competition!
    AW was anyways the game mode with the lowest fun level the last seasons -> from flagship to pain in the ass.
    The change kabam is implementing was not necessary mid season and for sure not in front of a holiday weekend with additional workload for all alliances (updating defense) and without support from their end. Management wise its just a complete fail

But let’s not act like it was some heroic genius or big risk. If you placed lack of diversity from tier 1 and below (even some in tier 1) you took advantage of an extremely broken tactic. It’s not some big brain move or some big risk. Again, you don’t deserve the L due to Kabam’s mistake. But it’s really not the risk you were making it out to be because diversity points didnt matter with a tactic that’s so messed up.
    As I described it was necessary to compete! Not saying its fun or you need to have studied to do so. But who was not smart enough to double defenders lost the war.
    As a tier 1 players a few spots out of Masters, it wasn’t necessary to compete. Most in Masters didn’t do it.
    I see you want to make your point. Its ok for me, we play Tier 1 too and had not a single opponent w 150 diversity.
    Yeah I don’t believe that. We played 4loki, full diversity, and several others. Either way you’re most likely going to get credit for the W. And shouldn’t have gotten the loss.
    Again, Its nice you tell us how the world looks like in the top 20. Tier 1 goes all the way down to P1. Why should I lie? Come down to earth and face the issues the major alliance base was facing instead of telling everyone how great the top 20 are to be not forced using 2 bullseye & co.
    How were you forced to use 2 bullseyes? You weren’t forced to place dupes. It was a choice. The tactic has been awful. Some alliances decided to CHOOSE to take advantage of a broken tactic by placing dupes. Good for you guys. You weren’t forced. Nowhere close.

Anyways, hope you get your win back.
    Listen, its multiple time explained already. I have no time to explain over and over again the ABC of competition to someone who is resistent to acknowledge 😅. Let’s close this here
    Sounds like the answer is “no, I wasn’t forced”. Sounds good buddy!
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 473 ★★★★

LOL, they should have canceled the season last Wednesday, timing was good for having a checkpoint.
    Now the war is in even worse status, they have to rollback even if they want to stop the season.
  • Options
    Stara99Stara99 Posts: 425 ★★
    Why is defender diversity 0 now. We were punished last war with some dupes and lost that war. This war changed diversity to have 0 dupes and opponent has multiple. Diversity points are now 0. So we have no dupes they have multiple and get no penalty. Got screwed in both instances.is this for everyone?
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,960 Guardian
    Stara99 said:

Why is defender diversity 0 now. We were punished last war with some dupes and lost that war. This war changed diversity to have 0 dupes and opponent has multiple. Diversity points are now 0. So we have no dupes they have multiple and get no penalty. Got screwed in both instances.is this for everyone?

What ?? Do you mean CURRENT war, when you look at points columns page ?
    That most often always shows ZERO during the war, you have to wait until war ends even to see your own Diversity points.

(*sometimes it will show a number there, but looks like when it does it is just for 1 BG. But then later it goes back to showing 0. Doesn’t mean you won’t see correct Diversity and points once War ENDS).
  • Options
    DarthMysticDarthMystic Posts: 58
    FunnyDude said:

LOL, they should have canceled the season last Wednesday, timing was good for having a checkpoint.
    Now the war is in even worse status, they have to rollback even if they want to stop the season.

Agreed they probably should have ended it last Wednesday but they can't just invalidate 3 wars alliances have fought now either. I can't wait to see how they try to dig out of this one.

• Options
    edited April 2

FunnyDude said:

Agreed they probably should have ended it last Wednesday but they can't just invalidate 3 wars alliances have fought now either. I can't wait to see how they try to dig out of this one.

Revising result of war-7 is going to be way more complex, it is totally unfixable now. Not my problem, defintely not the first time Kabam shot themselves in the foot because of stubborn.
  • Options
    PIKESTAINPIKESTAIN Posts: 180 ★★
    FunnyDude said:

FunnyDude said:

Revising result of war-7 is going to be way more complex, it is totally unfixable now. Not my problem, defintely not the first time Kabam shot themselves in the foot because of stubborn.
    Yeah. I just hope they take ownership and we get an apology with a plan of action for future metas. More testing, and more of an openness towards players comments. The fact that they nerfed this tactic TWICE shows it probably shouldn’t have been rolled out. Aw is such a headache this season and we may all go crazy if they just don’t cancel today. Really hope they do. Give yourselves more time and give us a break from a game mode that has been extremely taxing this season
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,519 ★★★★★
    PIKESTAIN said:

FunnyDude said:

FunnyDude said:

Yeah. I just hope they take ownership and we get an apology with a plan of action for future metas. More testing, and more of an openness towards players comments. The fact that they nerfed this tactic TWICE shows it probably shouldn’t have been rolled out. Aw is such a headache this season and we may all go crazy if they just don’t cancel today. Really hope they do. Give yourselves more time and give us a break from a game mode that has been extremely taxing this season
    They can keep their apology. Any realistic person knows they are trying their best and they are just as frustrated, albeit for a different reason, than the player base. Fixing it would be great.
  • Options
    PIKESTAIN said:

FunnyDude said:

FunnyDude said:

The frustration is tearing down many alliances, if they checked their own stats and analysis they can easily see it, I don't see why they are so stubborn.
  • Options
    Cpt_Awesomeo55Cpt_Awesomeo55 Posts: 77
    Quick recap of season to date

Defender placement bug
    Diversity scoring error
    Two tactic adjustments
    Mastery issues
    And I’m personally having intermittent input issues

It’s a competitive game mode and in order to have some semblance of fairness each issue would need to be addressed immediately and retroactive scoring corrected. I do not know what kabam is doing behind the scenes but it seems like it will be difficult to resolve these issues and adjust scoring from earlier in the season. So why are we continuing with this season? Kabam should cancel season and only start next season when they are confident that all aw issues have been corrected. The player base faith in this game mode has been crumbling with every broken tactic recently released. For many, aw is their favorite game mode, but there needs to be a solid action plan to return aw to a “fun and interactive” game mode.

I’d really prefer my aw losses come the old fashioned way……..from me ducking up.
  • Options
    ShinyyoungsterShinyyoungster Posts: 12
    Over 24hrs since the ‘we’re aware of the issue’ post and we’re still in the dark, which is disappointing. It doesn’t take a huge leap of imagination to reach the conclusion that this season is toast. Even if they were to decide for some bizarre reason to keep it going, how could they possibly recompense for all the item use there’s been? It’s a dead dog. Let it go and bury it.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,006 ★★★★★

Over 24hrs since the ‘we’re aware of the issue’ post and we’re still in the dark, which is disappointing. It doesn’t take a huge leap of imagination to reach the conclusion that this season is toast. Even if they were to decide for some bizarre reason to keep it going, how could they possibly recompense for all the item use there’s been? It’s a dead dog. Let it go and bury it.

What item use?..
    See this are reasons why they can't take legit issues serious.
    How on earth is your item use related to diversity points kicking in 1 war earlier?...
  • Options
    Well, it’s very simple really. Like many, we lost a war that we would have won but for the diversity mess up. And in the process of doing so spent loads of resources. It’s not that hard, is it? In addition to which, my comment related to the multiple issues with this season and not just the latest problem. They’re all ‘legit issues’.
  • Options

Well, it’s very simple really. Like many, we lost a war that we would have won but for the diversity mess up. And in the process of doing so spent loads of resources. It’s not that hard, is it? In addition to which, my comment related to the multiple issues with this season and not just the latest problem. They’re all ‘legit issues’.

Yeah all legit issues, specially the one with the 24 hr, when it was still easter holiday and they just got back to the office today.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,519 ★★★★★
    I love how people are claiming they lost because of diversity like it was in a vacuum and the lack of diversity in defenders didn't have any influence on anything else. You do realize that if you didn't have 30 killmonger, bullseye, adam warlock, and serpents that the opponent wouldn't have necessarily still lost 200 attack bonuses.
  • Options
    MasquiradeMasquirade Posts: 44
    I'm assuming the Kabam staff are back at work now - has there been any comment on the issues had last week where a large amount of alliances lost a war due to the Diversity points being prematurely updated..? It cost my alliance the W, the injustice of it has really wound a few of us up 😂🙈

For reference; https://youtu.be/Eh_GC9jfi6w?si=RGvHwhTfDaSQwVVX
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,712 ★★★★★
    Kabam said they looking at the situation 🧐
  • Options
    ‘Yeah all legit issues, specially the one with the 24 hr, when it was still easter holiday and they just got back to the office today.’

Oh dear.

No, they didn’t get back to the office today. They didn’t reply on Friday when it all hit the fan, or over the weekend, because it was Easter - no problem.

They responded yesterday to say they were aware and it was being looked into. Why? Because they were back in yesterday.

My point was it was disappointing that 24 hrs after they were back in, and sent their response, we still hadn’t heard anything.

I’m afraid I can’t use fewer syllables to explain it.
  • Options

‘Yeah all legit issues, specially the one with the 24 hr, when it was still easter holiday and they just got back to the office today.’

Oh dear.

No, they didn’t get back to the office today. They didn’t reply on Friday when it all hit the fan, or over the weekend, because it was Easter - no problem.

They responded yesterday to say they were aware and it was being looked into. Why? Because they were back in yesterday.

My point was it was disappointing that 24 hrs after they were back in, and sent their response, we still hadn’t heard anything.

I’m afraid I can’t use fewer syllables to explain it.

Lol, I find out things about my job on the weekend. I won't take care of them until I get back on monday.
    They weren't back in.
  • Options
    MasquiradeMasquirade Posts: 44
    edited April 2

I love how people are claiming they lost because of diversity like it was in a vacuum and the lack of diversity in defenders didn't have any influence on anything else. You do realize that if you didn't have 30 killmonger, bullseye, adam warlock, and serpents that the opponent wouldn't have necessarily still lost 200 attack bonuses.

Off the top of my head, my team lost our war by around 4.5k points, the enemy alliance scored 6k more than us on diversity and on the old system, that would have been around 700/800 points they had on us for diversity, meaning we would have won by 700/800 points.

Could we have played better? Absolutely. Did we need to do that to win on the scoring system that we thought was in place at the time? Nope.
  • Options
    As I said, no way out, they lost their only window of canceling the season last Wednesday,
    Everyone has to suck it up and hates this game mode more.
  • Options
    BettaLucNxtTimeBettaLucNxtTime Posts: 159 ★★
    PIKESTAIN said:

PIKESTAIN said:

PIKESTAIN said:

We played 4loki and they didn’t have full diversity lol. It’s so weird people are saying it’s karma. It’s how kabam set it up it’s their fault. And they messed up. Simple as that.
  • Options
    There’s no fix for stupid, evidently.
  • Options

Lol, I find out things about my job on the weekend. I won't take care of them until I get back on monday.
    They weren't back in.

Oh dear, again.

There’s no Easter bank holiday in the USA. Yesterday was a normal working day for them.
    They were back in yesterday. That’s why they responded. Yesterday.
  • Options
    edited April 2

They weren't back in.

Oh dear, again.

There’s no Easter bank holiday in the USA. Yesterday was a normal working day for them.

They are in Canada....lol

There’s no fix for stupid, evidently.

👆👆👆
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,784 ★★★★

They weren't back in.

Oh dear, again.

I didn't know BC was in the USA.
    And as a Canadian I always thought it was out west, in Canada.

My whole life is a lie. 🥲🥹