Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Kabam, is there any plans for lvl cap increase?

As per the title, the account level has been capped at 60 since the game was released.
When are we getting a cap increase? And if not, why?

Comments

• Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,582 ★★★★★
    Nope no plans to change level cap
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,805 ★★★★★
    The entire game is based around lvl 60. The energy usage, the amount of mastery points your able to have etc. There's no reason at all for a level increase. And they ever did increase the cap it wouldn't add anything to your energy amounts or more mastery points. The literal only thing you may receive is a bundle of goodies at each new level. Maybe some units, crystal/shards energy refills things like that.
  • Options
    PistolcuApaPistolcuApa Posts: 114
    Buttehrs said:

The entire game is based around lvl 60. The energy usage, the amount of mastery points your able to have etc. There's no reason at all for a level increase. And they ever did increase the cap it wouldn't add anything to your energy amounts or more mastery points. The literal only thing you may receive is a bundle of goodies at each new level. Maybe some units, crystal/shards energy refills things like that.

Leveling up is the core value of games, even the rewards for leveling up should be brought up to date.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,805 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Leveling up is the core value of games, even the rewards for leveling up should be brought up to date.
    Let's say they increase the cap and increase the energy cap. All it will do is make the energy requirements for quests go up too. It's not worth it. Not every game needs to increase level caps. This game hasn't in 10 years. Why start now? It's perfectly fine as is.
  • Options

Buttehrs said:

Not this type of game its not about levels for us its more about ranks and stars of champs that is core value
  • Options
    bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,150 ★★★
    Why do we need a cap increase?
  • Options
    JinxesaxeJinxesaxe Posts: 397 ★★★
    Leveling was actually capped at 50 at launch, and was then increased to 60 if I’m not mistaken. It takes almost 13 million experience to get to level 60. I can gladly say I’m okay not doing that grind again.

Jinx
  • Options
    PistolcuApaPistolcuApa Posts: 114

I'm curious, what would be the benefit of increasing the level cap if there are no more mastery points to give out or increases to energy? What would you expect as the level up rewards if those two things are off the table?

There is no need for additional mastery points or energy, but think of ot as let's say, diablo paragon experience levels, you get some sort of rewards leveling up. I get it, we have daily calendars and such, but would be nice to work towards some other rewards.
  • Options
    KaspyKaspy Posts: 161 ★★★

I'm curious, what would be the benefit of increasing the level cap if there are no more mastery points to give out or increases to energy? What would you expect as the level up rewards if those two things are off the table?

ISO Please.
  • Options
    If we were to get more levels it should be just gold and rank materials but a small amount since shouldnt be the source but could give a bit extra like 5% t3a and t6b 2% t6cc some fragment crystals shards potentially from lower stars
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 968 ★★★★

Don’t ask us bruh come up with some special rewards.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,150 ★★★★★
    The only thing I think levelling could benefit is maybe storage capacities for items - but that's already monetized in the monthly thingamagig pass.
  • Options
    DrDisconnect.DrDisconnect. Posts: 403 ★★

Some rewards, not too crazy stuff. 3 title-nexus choice every 10levels, 3 profile picture-nexus choice every 10 levels, throw in some iso too😆 maybe some emotes, maybe introduce some simple outfit changes in levels like some kind of marvel hat you could put on the champion you want or something? If it can work and can be introduced
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★

I don't think we need to increase level cap, but it would be neat to have use for XP. Even something trivial like a small questing package for every 1 million XP earned would give XP, and therefore XP boosts, something meaningful.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,151 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

If every X amount of XP gave a "level" then it could be something small like 1mil gold and 1 t3a and t6b. Could change the rewards given per "level up" as the economy grows too. If you want to be really fancy, could even make it a progression based selector with TB and below as one choice, Paragon as another, and Valiant as the last.
    Progression based rewards won't work cuz these are one time rewards. For example if a player get to level 69 as TB while another on reaches level 69 aa Valiant, the reward gap would be huge. Rather I think Units/boosts and energy refills are great resources.
  • Options
    Danemo666Danemo666 Posts: 165 ★★
    I personally wouldn't care if there wasn't anything of much value by levelling up. But I'm odd and would like to just see that number go up from 60 as a personal achievement 😂 and would love to make use of the xp boosts I end up selling.

But since I see many people mention that they stuggle sometimes with gold and/or iso. I think a bit of both of them would be a nice extra thing for everyone. Keeps it simple and no progression based problems etc
  • Options
    OldManHopOldManHop Posts: 98
    edited April 24

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if we continued to get XP at max level and got some kind of minor reward for rolling over the next "level".

Whether that's gold, units, iso, solo crystal shards or whatever... it'd be cool to have a use for all the XP boosts that level 60's otherwise only burn for the weekly sigil objective.
  • Options
    ArmageddønArmageddøn Posts: 640 ★★★
    Doesn't have to be mastery points and energy increase in particular. You can keep those two things aside and still give some meaningful rewards every time a summoner levels up.
    It can be a variety of things like energy refills, some units, revives, potions, Bg tokens, victory shield, shuffle signet, AQ/AW energy refill, gold, loyalty crystal shatter/shards etc. paired with some cosmetic items like profile pictures and titles.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,702 Guardian

Pikolu said:

If every X amount of XP gave a "level" then it could be something small like 1mil gold and 1 t3a and t6b. Could change the rewards given per "level up" as the economy grows too. If you want to be really fancy, could even make it a progression based selector with TB and below as one choice, Paragon as another, and Valiant as the last.
    Progression based rewards won't work cuz these are one time rewards. For example if a player get to level 69 as TB while another on reaches level 69 aa Valiant, the reward gap would be huge. Rather I think Units/boosts and energy refills are great resources.
    Your level cap is 60, but say every 1mil XP you get, you get a "level up". Your level is still 60 and it is still 1mil XP to your next "level up". You aren't really leveling up, but still getting rewarded for getting XP
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,782 ★★★★★

Simply because it's fun to level up! That was something I was reminded of when I created an alt account a couple of years back. It was just fun to see the xp roll in and have a level up happen every once in a while.

There doesn't have to be any crazy rewards in there. I'm perfectly fine with the mastery points and energy staying as it currently is. Some ISO, a little bit of gold, maybe some emotes and titles, stuff like that would suffice. It's more about having something fun to strive for. Plus having a use for all of those xp boosts I've been getting for the last 7 or 8 years, and have never ever used for the last 6 or 7 of those years.

I think it could also become a fun sort of status symbol. Currently the only use people's levels have is as a tool for me as an alliance leader to quickly weed out applicants who have barely gotten their toes wet yet, but it could be something that could represent how long/how much someone has actually been playing the game. Obviously it would not give you a true picture of it since it would be missing up to 10 years of playtime, but it could still be fun to see where people are at in the game.
  • Options
    Kingering_KingKingering_King Posts: 330 ★★

Something like making leveling up longer, and it unlocks a quest with mud rewards that make grinding level up worth it. Also make it so it’s equal to everyone and not whales or YouTubers.
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,217 ★★★★★
    It would be cool to see who plays the game most. Unlimited level. So then we can have a "summoner level" leaderboard. So lets say Summoner 1 is lvl 600 and summoner 2 is lvl 300 and summoner 3 is lvl 60.

We now know who grinds the game alot because of all the xp accumilated.
  • Options

Cosmetics and small amounts of Gold. Idk, it'd be cool to see Level 200 players or something lol
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,097 ★★★
    Shards, gold, iso just to name a few.