Spring of Sorrow onslaught proves that AI has gotten worse

TP33TP33 Member Posts: 1,673 ★★★★★
I know kabam are claiming that they are improving the Ai and making it more likely to throw specials but this onslaught simply proves this isn’t true. Holding on to specials, turtling up only throwing our heavies, it’s like map 5 all over again, but on a 1.3 million heath onslaught.

This AI is worse than every other Winter of Woe or Iron Fist, everyone is struggling to get him to cooperate and play agressive, I mean kabam are we going to sort this out or not? We know that making specials unblockable and mechanics like taunt and infuriate have effects on the AI, so why is it so hard to make the base AI play the game at all?

Comments

• Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 416 ★★★
    I didn't have any trouble baiting his specials. He was a little too trigger happy
  • Minkl3Minkl3 Member Posts: 134
    edited May 29
    I don't have king groot deathless, possible to still get all milestones?
  • TP33TP33 Member Posts: 1,673 ★★★★★

Who is everyone, cause people I know are soloing no problem, maybe instead of saying everyone simply say you are struggling and maybe you’ll get tips

MSD, Karatemike, my whole alliance, lot of threads on the forums, this onslaught AI is definitely different, I mean I’m out here charging heavy and he’s sat in the corner holding block and doing nothing, this isn’t normal and just seems to be the pinnacle of of the AI problems in the game right now
  • EgyptOverseerEgyptOverseer Member Posts: 324
    edited May 29
    Minkl3 said:

I don't have king groot deathless, possible to still get all milestones?

Conveniently you can buy each piece for 5k units, so worst case scenario you need 4 and that will cost you about 700 dollars in units.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,819 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

Who is everyone, cause people I know are soloing no problem, maybe instead of saying everyone simply say you are struggling and maybe you’ll get tips

Even Karatemike has been getting light intercepted randomly all morning, this isn't a skill issue, it's definitely an AI issue. Not only that but the random parries and side stepping too.
    Completely agree. I’ve been saying these last few updates to the AI added situational loading to the rolls, and I think this is the fight that proves that point.

By adding Pass the Buck to a fight designed to force intercepts for openings they created an AI profile that’s less aggressive with dashing, oh and because that’s a power sting the AI is also passive with specials. Resulting in players getting pushed to their wall and getting limited space to intercept. The nodes woulda been fine with last years AI… but with this AI it’s a horror show. All in all it’s an AI RNG poop show.

Atleast your Ai dashes in, My onslaught just walk in automatically and light intercept you if you try to dash in, like weapon x
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,336 Guardian
    DrZola said:

There are only a few plausible options in my view:

1) the AI hasn’t changed and we are all suffering from a mass delusion;
    2) the AI has changed and the team realizes it but didn’t mean for it to change like this;
    3) the AI has changed and the team doesn’t realize it for [reasons];
    4) the AI has changed and the team realizes it and the team meant for it to be like this.

In my opinion, 1) and 3) are least likely.

Dr. Zola

P.S. I had the pleasure of Onslaught evading my striker. Kind of like what happened in the video I included above.

I doubt it is an AI changing issue, I think it is just how onslaught interacts with the profile of AI or they put the wrong profile there. (In case y'all didn't know, there are different profiles of AIs for different forms of content. That's why low acts royally suck to do because the AI profile is supposed to be "easy". Arena also implements different AI profiles as shown by easy, medium, and hard.)
  • StoneyThePoneyStoneyThePoney Member Posts: 55
    100%, there are very few if any summoners that can counter a medium dash with a light attack, but this Onslaught does it repeatedly.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,887 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

DrZola said:

There are only a few plausible options in my view:

1) the AI hasn’t changed and we are all suffering from a mass delusion;
    2) the AI has changed and the team realizes it but didn’t mean for it to change like this;
    3) the AI has changed and the team doesn’t realize it for [reasons];
    4) the AI has changed and the team realizes it and the team meant for it to be like this.

In my opinion, 1) and 3) are least likely.

Dr. Zola

P.S. I had the pleasure of Onslaught evading my striker. Kind of like what happened in the video I included above.

I doubt it is an AI changing issue, I think it is just how onslaught interacts with the profile of AI or they put the wrong profile there. (In case y'all didn't know, there are different profiles of AIs for different forms of content. That's why low acts royally suck to do because the AI profile is supposed to be "easy". Arena also implements different AI profiles as shown by easy, medium, and hard.)
    That seems like a distinction that may not make a real difference—if Onslaught is programmed a certain way, then that’s the AI I’m facing, even if it’s unique to him. To the player, it doesn’t matter if it’s the base coding or the unique champ coding.

Regardless…it’s a tricky move set that doesn’t show up very often. I’d suggest frame rate issues likely also show up here as odd defender abilities—hence some of the super nimble evasion and intercepts.

Dr. Zola
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,713 ★★★★★

Can't medium intercept because his light intercepts take priority.
    Can't light intercept because his medium intercepts take priority.
    Can't dash back because he intercepts with specials and break dexterity,
    Can't punish heavy attacks because he intercepts.
    Can't punish heavy attack because he dashes back.
    Can't safely launch special because he goes unstoppable during the last hit and intercepts even if the special connects.

So how is this supposed to be done? Without any of these bugs of course

That last point is that true as my dkg sp1 connected but i thought he magically dexed out of it like people saw with onslaught sp2 getting dash backed after being hit, and its actually him going unstoppable thats so confusing
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 1,998 ★★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

Even Karatemike has been getting light intercepted randomly all morning, this isn't a skill issue, it's definitely an AI issue. Not only that but the random parries and side stepping too.
    Completely agree. I’ve been saying these last few updates to the AI added situational loading to the rolls, and I think this is the fight that proves that point.

By adding Pass the Buck to a fight designed to force intercepts for openings they created an AI profile that’s less aggressive with dashing, oh and because that’s a power sting the AI is also passive with specials. Resulting in players getting pushed to their wall and getting limited space to intercept. The nodes woulda been fine with last years AI… but with this AI it’s a horror show. All in all it’s an AI RNG poop show.

Atleast your Ai dashes in, My onslaught just walk in automatically and light intercept you if you try to dash in, like weapon x
    Oh no, he did that too lol.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

Yeah today's public enemy #1 was the AI, not the nodes. I hope this somehow helps them start making changes to the AI cause this was absolutely ridiculous, I can understand a whiff or missed intercept here and there but ten in a row and then getting parried or dexed while he's cornered is just straight up absurd.