What’s happening with AI?

Comments

• TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,678 ★★★★★
    I want to know what's up with America Chavez AI on defense in BGs man. Wjy is her AI so "determined" to land a heavy attack? All she does is spam heavies, leaving you no choice but to avoid them by dexing back. After about 10 of her attempted heavies in row, you're backed up into your corner. And guess what? Here comes ANOTHER freakin heavy attempt. One wrong move with your dex, one bad timing, one game glitch that throws your reaction time off, one slip up, one miscalculation, one dropped input, and you're clapped by her Sp 2.

Wtf is this even??

• PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,011 ★★★★★
    Gahh, this Doom again decided to use sp2 against my Titania sp3 cycle.

It's horrible, cut it out !!!
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,011 ★★★★★

I want to know what's up with America Chavez AI on defense in BGs man. Wjy is her AI so "determined" to land a heavy attack? All she does is spam heavies, leaving you no choice but to avoid them by dexing back. After about 10 of her attempted heavies in row, you're backed up into your corner. And guess what? Here comes ANOTHER freakin heavy attempt. One wrong move with your dex, one bad timing, one game glitch that throws your reaction time off, one slip up, one miscalculation, one dropped input, and you're clapped by her Sp 2.

Wtf is this even??

If you're mad on Chavez heavy spam, may I introduce you to Mysterio heavy spam?
    You could be standing on far side of screen, doing nothing but still he will throw 2 heavy on repeat.
  • Rob0001Rob0001 Member Posts: 28

I came back on forums because of the ridiculous things happening to me during fights. I already commented once. Glad to see its not just me. I cant even take this game serious. Constantly trying to adapt to faster an an faster defender movements every month has just made me lose interest. Dont risk attacking when they have power or throw a heavy, dont throw full combos in corner or fire specials, intercepts an shallow evades and dont hit into block. I keep adding champs to the list to that i cant punish after a heavy or special. Basically never let block down a move forward the defender will instantly throw a heavy an jump frames an hit you. NOW i cant even block!! Defenders just hit right through it. Or thats how it seems. Fighting ANY champ that is unblockable is ridiculous now!!! After you attack them , you cant block or parry an it only leaves one option an thats back off!! But cant do that now! Instantly get blasted with a special or they hit you or hawk you down mid dash. Kabam needs to fix this problem!!

Glad I'm not the only one this annoyed lol
  • DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Member Posts: 325 ★★★
    PT_99 said:

It happened many times in BG for me
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,008 ★★★★★
    edited August 9
    PT_99 said:

Doom’s AI even when she was introduced loved to do this. She’s one of my absolute favorites but Doom had always been a risky one to sp3 and heavy cycle.

Still what’s more notable is everyone seems to behaving like Doom now.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,057 ★★★★★
    edited August 9
    @KabamDORK @Kabam Pinwheel any updates on the AI fixes?
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,008 ★★★★★
    Thanks Dork, just you taking the time to give an update like this is a breath of fresh air. It would be so significant if just one of the game wide in-fight points if frustration could be address or at least a plan of attack shared. I think most of us appreciate that it’s not just one thing called AI, but some patchwork of performance, AI behavior, and visual bugs.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,678 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Wtf is this even??

You could be standing on far side of screen, doing nothing but still he will throw 2 heavy on repeat.
    Lol been there with him too. They both spam heavies as if they're rooted or something 😂

PT_99 said:

Wtf is this even??

Lol been there with him too. They both spam heavies as if they're rooted or something 😂
    They're probably programmed on purpose to throw heavies since heavies are important in their kits.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Member Posts: 940 ★★★★
    KabamDORK said:

EdisonLaw said:

Just continued investigations for now. There's a regular meeting on this to discuss and breakdown what is how we can address etc. I'm being purposefully vague here simply because I don't want to hard confirm any one particular thing yet and don't want to promise anything the team can not deliver on reliably. Stay tuned for more as we hear it.
    While you guys investigate, just reporting that I got reparried by AI 3 times last war 😞. 3x in 1 war, It’s getting out of control. Shang-Chi, trying to active MLLM chi on Prowler, bam reparried by AI. Fighting Onslaught with Serpent, hitting his block while I have Pierce, bam, reparried by AI, 2x. And when Onslaught parries you, your willpower is disabled rest of the fight 🤦.
    It used to be that champs with double hit mediums were the unsafe ones, now any champ can be reparried by AI mid combo.
    Anyone know when or what time period this started occurring, the AI acting strangely?
  • WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Member Posts: 950 ★★★
    BasNL said:

Since the last update the special button (left bottom side) seems very unresponsive. Most times nothing happened, sometimes it registers as a parry. Very annoying when you want to special intercept.

The other thing is the problem that keeps going on with dexing. The distance you dex is shorter than the space of the attack of the defender.

Especially with Cheeilth's heavy, even dexing her heavy isn't enough space. You'll still get clipped. You have double dex her heavy.

I Swear I'll lose my mind if one more time onslaught dash back and light intercept me when I try to dash in. It is too annoying nowadays costed me another good bg match.

Also he recovers ridiculously fast after his specials
    J0eySn0w said:

KabamDORK said:

EdisonLaw said:

Just continued investigations for now. There's a regular meeting on this to discuss and breakdown what is how we can address etc. I'm being purposefully vague here simply because I don't want to hard confirm any one particular thing yet and don't want to promise anything the team can not deliver on reliably. Stay tuned for more as we hear it.
    While you guys investigate, just reporting that I got reparried by AI 3 times last war 😞. 3x in 1 war, It’s getting out of control. Shang-Chi, trying to active MLLM chi on Prowler, bam reparried by AI. Fighting Onslaught with Serpent, hitting his block while I have Pierce, bam, reparried by AI, 2x. And when Onslaught parries you, your willpower is disabled rest of the fight 🤦.
    It used to be that champs with double hit mediums were the unsafe ones, now any champ can be reparried by AI mid combo.
    Anyone know when or what time period this started occurring, the AI acting strangely?
    I think the AI issues have been happening for a while now, not just in 2024
    EdisonLaw said:

I Swear I'll lose my mind if one more time onslaught dash back and light intercept me when I try to dash in. It is too annoying nowadays costed me another good bg match.

Still skipping frame rate issue bro, however until this time, I doubt this is bug anymore, feels like an intentional cheating from Kabam
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,277 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

Still skipping frame rate issue bro, however until this time, I doubt this is bug anymore, feels like an intentional cheating from Kabam
    And then you wonder why they don't take you serious... Yeah pretty sure the new CMs will politely keep you updated.

EdisonLaw said:

And then you wonder why they don't take you serious... Yeah pretty sure the new CMs will politely keep you updated.
    Lol my patience is gone! This update makes everything even worse with the flood of thread about every issues. Just look at how many dislike you got! I don’t ask the issue need to be fixed immediately, but I want some update at least what is the root cause? And what is the potential solution along with eta to fix

EdisonLaw said:

Lol my patience is gone! This update makes everything even worse with the flood of thread about every issues. Just look at how many dislike you got! I don’t ask the issue need to be fixed immediately, but I want some update at least what is the root cause? And what is the potential solution along with eta to fix
    Lol

• phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,966 ★★★★★
    edited August 13
    A new low for me.

Hitting into NF second life in BG's with hulkling, juuuust about to go unblockable and kill with a SP2 when BAM. Parried. And light bled.

Round lost.

I just asked ChatGPT about why the AI is bad in mcoc and this is what it said

In *Marvel Contest of Champions* (MCOC), the AI can seem "bad" for a few reasons:

1. **Predictability**: The AI often follows set patterns and has a limited range of behaviors. Experienced players can easily predict these patterns, making the AI seem less challenging.

2. **Programming Limitations**: The AI is designed to provide a balanced experience for a wide range of players. If the AI were too advanced, it might discourage newer or less skilled players. As a result, the AI may sometimes make suboptimal decisions to keep the game accessible.

3. **Difficulty Scaling**: In some game modes, the AI is intentionally less aggressive or reactive to maintain a certain level of difficulty. In other modes or higher levels, the AI can become more challenging, but in lower levels, it might seem "bad" to make the game easier to progress through.

4. **Player Skill**: As players get better at the game, they can outmaneuver or outsmart the AI, making it seem less competent.

5. **Game Balance**: The AI’s difficulty is often balanced with other game mechanics, such as the power of the champions, synergies, and node buffs. This balance can sometimes make the AI feel less intelligent when it doesn’t use its abilities optimally.

Overall, the AI in MCOC is designed to provide a varied experience, but as with many games, it may not always pose a significant challenge to more experienced players.

EdisonLaw said:

Lol

At least I don’t have to block profile like you kid

EdisonLaw said:

Lol

At least I don’t have to block profile like you kid
    Your evolutuon on this thread.
    1- Trash previous CMs
    2- Bootlick new CMs
    3- Call the company cheaters.
    Calling me kid when you have the mood swings of a fuzzy toddler..