Serpent Really Isn’t Getting Rebalanced?

Comments

• MethodMan69MethodMan69 Member Posts: 238
    Y'all still crying about serpent lol , People don't

Other thread got closed so I couldn't post my reply lol
    There are four things that make Serpent such a menace in BGs and it's not about getting good:
    1. Draft RNG, unlike war you don't get to pick what you want to use.
    2. You need a strong enough counter otherwise you will lose no matter what you do, the pool of champs is pretty small due to this
    3. BGs metas make the pool of champs even smaller than it already is, a perfect example of this will be crit me next season where Kushala Werewolf Shathra Wiccan etc (some of his best counters) will be completely and utterly useless.
    4. Time matters in BGs, Serpent as it stands not only is a hard defender but an absolute tank, unless you get lucky with Tigra it's always a +55 sec fight.

I really don't understand how anyone could even try to refute any of this, it's not about getting good it's the fact that Serpent turns BGs into a game of "who drafts who, skill doesn't matter". That right there will be the death of BGs if that's the direction they want to take with tough defenders.

How is draft unlucky even an argument to nerf a champ , in my opinion the draft is killing BGs more than anything else , the same way you can't unlucky by not getting a counter for serpent it can happen to any other good defender

Again and I know y'all gonna cry about it, we get 2 new champs every month counters are coming

BG metas if is a meta that turns him into a buff I will definitely ban him , and y'all gonna cry about it again , cause banning a though defender is not an argument cause we never do that right

Time : serpent is not the only tank defender and there's something called strategy that you can use to win fights even when you're not finishing ur fight in 30 seconds , I won several fights against serpent with 90 plus seconds just by doing that , you're opponent can get unlucky in his draft and not get a counter to a simple defender and that can definitely cost him a round and just waste his best defender

BGs is way more that busted defenders and fast fingers , strategy and game knowledge can win more match's than a stacked deck
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★

There are four things that make Serpent such a menace in BGs and it's not about getting good:
    2. You need a strong enough counter otherwise you will lose no matter what you do, the pool of champs is pretty small due to this
    3. BGs metas make the pool of champs even smaller than it already is, a perfect example of this will be crit me next season where Kushala Werewolf Shathra Wiccan etc (some of his best counters) will be completely and utterly useless.
    4. Time matters in BGs, Serpent as it stands not only is a hard defender but an absolute tank, unless you get lucky with Tigra it's always a +55 sec fight.

I really don't understand how anyone could even try to refute any of this, it's not about getting good it's the fact that Serpent turns BGs into a game of "who drafts who, skill doesn't matter". That right there will be the death of BGs if that's the direction they want to take with tough defenders.

How is draft unlucky even an argument to nerf a champ , in my opinion the draft is killing BGs more than anything else , the same way you can't unlucky by not getting a counter for serpent it can happen to any other good defender

Again and I know y'all gonna cry about it, we get 2 new champs every month counters are coming

BG metas if is a meta that turns him into a buff I will definitely ban him , and y'all gonna cry about it again , cause banning a though defender is not an argument cause we never do that right

Time : serpent is not the only tank defender and there's something called strategy that you can use to win fights even when you're not finishing ur fight in 30 seconds , I won several fights against serpent with 90 plus seconds just by doing that , you're opponent can get unlucky in his draft and not get a counter to a simple defender and that can definitely cost him a round and just waste his best defender

BGs is way more that busted defenders and fast fingers , strategy and game knowledge can win more match's than a stacked deck
    How is it an argument? I don't know maybe it's the fact that he quite literally can't be killed without a counter? For someone who keeps telling people to git gud you don't seem to have a lot of game knowledge yourself since you're unable to understanding something as simple as this. As for every other good defender (I assume you're talking about Bullseye Onslaught Photon etc) they all have more viable counters than Serpent does, and they don't have as much bs in their kits as Serpent does as well. Neither Bullseye nor Onslaught Photon Dust etc have as many defensive abilities as Serpent does, none. It is because of these defensive abilities that Serpent has very few counters capable of actually getting you a win in BGs when both players have counters, and if you don't draft any you're just dead, no amount of skill will change that.

So that's the solution now, release overpowered defenders and then milk them with pre-release bundles lmao.

Yes, the ban button is not an argument. If everyone has to ban him because he's unkillable due to the meta synergizing with his kit in a stupid way then what is that telling you genius? He's perfectly balanced or busted?

If you're winning fights at 90 secs you're probably a Gold 3 player and have absolutely no business telling people to get good, that is a guaranteed loss in Arcane 90% of the time. Also, rosters up here are pretty big so that whole "maybe they didn't draft a counter" doesn't happen against any defender other than guess who? Yes, Serpent, the only broken defender in the game with very few viable counters.

You clearly lack both, I doubt you've ever been in GC if you're saying you constantly win fights after fighting at turtle speed lmao

How is it an argument? I don't know maybe it's the fact that he quite literally can't be killed without a counter? For someone who keeps telling people to git gud you don't seem to have a lot of game knowledge yourself since you're unable to understanding something as simple as this. As for every other good defender (I assume you're talking about Bullseye Onslaught Photon etc) they all have more viable counters than Serpent does, and they don't have as much bs in their kits as Serpent does as well. Neither Bullseye nor Onslaught Photon Dust etc have as many defensive abilities as Serpent does, none. It is because of these defensive abilities that Serpent has very few counters capable of actually getting you a win in BGs when both players have counters, and if you don't draft any you're just dead, no amount of skill will change that.

So that's the solution now, release overpowered defenders and then milk them with pre-release bundles lmao.

Yes, the ban button is not an argument. If everyone has to ban him because he's unkillable due to the meta synergizing with his kit in a stupid way then what is that telling you genius? He's perfectly balanced or busted?

If you're winning fights at 90 secs you're probably a Gold 3 player and have absolutely no business telling people to get good, that is a guaranteed loss in Arcane 90% of the time. Also, rosters up here are pretty big so that whole "maybe they didn't draft a counter" doesn't happen against any defender other than guess who? Yes, Serpent, the only broken defender in the game with very few viable counters.

You clearly lack both, I doubt you've ever been in GC if you're saying you constantly win fights after fighting at turtle speed lmao
    Hell yeah bro I'm the one who lack skills but ur the one crying about a nerf for almost a month
    Good to know you're mad , proves me right , bro just switched from talking about serpent to make accusations
    And I'm ftp and I always get in the circuit in around 3 days into the season but yeah , never seen GC in my life good job Sherlock
    QA

It holds up as an argument because winning against serpent depends entirely on your draft. If you get one of his best counters, you have a chance. If you don’t, or get even one of his secondary counters, you’re gonna lose 9/10 times. If serpent were skill based to fight then the draft argument wouldn’t work, but because he’s not, it does.

Metas will always enhance certain champs, but serpent has so many abilities that he will be made an unfair defender far more often than any other champ in the game. We’ve already seen this play out. Any unblockable metas make him the stupidest fight in the game. Other champs with undexable specials can be evaded or missed to get around dexing, but serpent counters both. He counters everything.

Serpent is the tankiest defender in the game, and he is the only tanky defender who also has 20 abilities that make him more annoying outside of being tanky. Rank 3 sassy can be killed faster than him, and almost all of sassy’s defensive mechanics are designed to make him a time stall, not a difficult fight. Imagine if you took sassy and gave him more difficult undexable special animations, high block penetration, resistance to instant bursts, specials that apply a non damaging debuff, and very potent passive power gain. Oh right we already have that, it’s serpent.

As far as strategy, serpent actively removes that. Placing serpent is usually a brain dead win. I didn’t have to think, I didn’t have to care who they drafted, I just placed serpent and won because there was nothing they could do to beat me since I got above 49k points.
    It does to every champion bro if you don't get a penny counter you gonna lose on time ,I have an R5 ascended medusa no one think about bringing counters for her guess what they lose ,
    Bulleye no counter no win , maestro same thing , mister sinister no counter you lost , photon no counters you lost , draft system is a problem by itself is not just serpent that makes it bad
    edited September 8

Hell yeah bro I'm the one who lack skills but ur the one crying about a nerf for almost a month
    Good to know you're mad , proves me right , bro just switched from talking about serpent to make accusations
    And I'm ftp and I always get in the circuit in around 3 days into the season but yeah , never seen GC in my life good job Sherlock
    So you're not going to address any of my points, just say the same things Andrew says "git gud and stop crying" lmao not surprised since that's the type of brain rot his content has, nothing of substance.

ProVeS mE RiGhT he says after failing to address every single point I made because he's mad. As for the accusations, that's exactly what you were doing earlier when you told people to get good and stop crying no? Implying they're bad at the game.

If you think 90 seconds is enough to win fights in GC you absolutely have not been in GC especially if you are f2p like you claim. I'm sure you'll get there someday though, as long as they don't keep adding more Serpents cause then you'll have to start spending too and won't be f2p anymore 😉
    My brother I'm not a fan o Andrew or no YouTuber , don't care about , you're the one who mentioned youtubers in the first place ,
    Bruhh I just proved you wrong in All ur arguments tf are saying
    Add me up if want to see by yourself Smoky4i20

So you're not going to address any of my points, just say the same things Andrew says "git gud and stop crying" lmao not surprised since that's the type of brain rot his content has, nothing of substance.

ProVeS mE RiGhT he says after failing to address every single point I made because he's mad. As for the accusations, that's exactly what you were doing earlier when you told people to get good and stop crying no? Implying they're bad at the game.

If you think 90 seconds is enough to win fights in GC you absolutely have not been in GC especially if you are f2p like you claim. I'm sure you'll get there someday though, as long as they don't keep adding more Serpents cause then you'll have to start spending too and won't be f2p anymore 😉
    By the way the only proof u can beat serpent was a pic of 6* serpent with Chávez , and an unduped serpent lol bruuhhh ur a joke 🤣
    edited September 8

QA

It holds up as an argument because winning against serpent depends entirely on your draft. If you get one of his best counters, you have a chance. If you don’t, or get even one of his secondary counters, you’re gonna lose 9/10 times. If serpent were skill based to fight then the draft argument wouldn’t work, but because he’s not, it does.

Metas will always enhance certain champs, but serpent has so many abilities that he will be made an unfair defender far more often than any other champ in the game. We’ve already seen this play out. Any unblockable metas make him the stupidest fight in the game. Other champs with undexable specials can be evaded or missed to get around dexing, but serpent counters both. He counters everything.

Serpent is the tankiest defender in the game, and he is the only tanky defender who also has 20 abilities that make him more annoying outside of being tanky. Rank 3 sassy can be killed faster than him, and almost all of sassy’s defensive mechanics are designed to make him a time stall, not a difficult fight. Imagine if you took sassy and gave him more difficult undexable special animations, high block penetration, resistance to instant bursts, specials that apply a non damaging debuff, and very potent passive power gain. Oh right we already have that, it’s serpent.

As far as strategy, serpent actively removes that. Placing serpent is usually a brain dead win. I didn’t have to think, I didn’t have to care who they drafted, I just placed serpent and won because there was nothing they could do to beat me since I got above 49k points.
    It does to every champion bro if you don't get a penny counter you gonna lose on time ,I have an R5 ascended medusa no one think about bringing counters for her guess what they lose ,
    Bulleye no counter no win , maestro same thing , mister sinister no counter you lost , photon no counters you lost , draft system is a problem by itself is not just serpent that makes it bad
    R5 ascended Medusa? Really? She’s not hard to counter. There’s a ton of staples in people’s decks that can counter her. I hardly doubt people are losing to her.
    Yup I agree but the point is if u don't have luck to get a good one you're probably gonna lose , this is about draft not saying she's the best defender , you can counter her auto block with parry heavy but that costs time , if don't pay attention you can get Auto-blocked into oblivion cause she like to throw specials after the parry , sneaky defender
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,143 ★★★★★

QA

No it’s not the same, because all of those champs have at least double the amount of counters that serpent has. Serpent has about 5 or 6 counters that can take him in a meta score, and that’s counting neutralize champs who can bet completely bent over if you get unlucky.

For Bullseye I counted 12, for maestro 16, and for photon 22. Obviously you won’t have room for all of them in your deck, but even still the odds of you getting caught without a counter against these champs is wayyyy lower compared to against serpent. Peni is the closest with me only counting 11 counters, but peni can be nuked in 51-52k points by at least 3 champs. In fact, everyone mentioned here can be except for serpen who can’t go down in 51k or higher outside of extreme uncommon situations. Comparing serpent to any of those other defenders is wildly inaccurate.
  • Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,143 ★★★★★

QA

No it’s not the same, because all of those champs have at least double the amount of counters that serpent has. Serpent has about 5 or 6 counters that can take him in a meta score, and that’s counting neutralize champs who can bet completely bent over if you get unlucky.

For Bullseye I counted 12, for maestro 16, and for photon 22. Obviously you won’t have room for all of them in your deck, but even still the odds of you getting caught without a counter against these champs is wayyyy lower compared to against serpent. Peni is the closest with me only counting 11 counters, but peni can be nuked in 51-52k points by at least 3 champs. In fact, everyone mentioned here can be except for serpen who can’t go down in 51k or higher outside of extreme uncommon situations. Comparing serpent to any of those other defenders is wildly inaccurate.
    Since I don’t wann risk editing and losing my post I’m just gonna quote it. Bullseye was the only champ who I didn’t count how many counters he has just now, everyone else I did. I remembered counting him only having 12, but after double checking just now he actually has 16, and you could make a solid argument for a couple more of them to be added to the list.

My brother I'm not a fan o Andrew or no YouTuber , don't care about , you're the one who mentioned youtubers in the first place ,
    Bruhh I just proved you wrong in All ur arguments tf are saying
    Add me up if want to see by yourself Smoky4i20
    You didn't prove anyone wrong lmao the lack of self awareness on this guy is crazy. I refuted all your counter arguments and your reply was "get good and stop crying".

By the way the only proof u can beat serpent was a pic of 6* serpent with Chávez , and an unduped serpent lol bruuhhh ur a joke 🤣
    What other proof could you possibly want other than screenshots of me beating him? That is the best proof I can post.
    Sorry I guess, I don't normally screenshot every Serpent fight I win. Are you implying I should because you lose more often than not or he's straight up banned? Again, I wonder why that is.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,090 ★★★★★
    edited September 8

QA

Now I gotta say, r5 Ascended Medusa is a cool rank up, I wish she's a 7*. But in GC people aren't gonna lose to her lol. There is a huge, i mean HUGE difference between Medusa on defense, and Serpent on defense.

QA

R5 ascended Medusa? Really? She’s not hard to counter. There’s a ton of staples in people’s decks that can counter her. I hardly doubt people are losing to her.
    Terrible fight on my side but still bro had no counter for a terrible defender and he wasted his best defender, I knew that medusa was a free win just because he got unlucky on his draft , does that makes y'all want medusa to be nerfed ?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA no way this guy tells me I'm a joke for posting two Serpent fights where I finished with over 95% health (one of them with a pretty bad counter) and then tries to prove a point with a Bullseye AA fight where he lost 56% health with one of the best counters in the game, this guy is the definition of a buffoon at this point.

Btw he lost to Medusa cause he sucks, Ham CAN do that fight cause unlike Serpent Medusa doesn't shut down burst damage or crits like Serpent which is what makes 90% of the champs in game virtually useless against him.
    Why u mad bro did I hurt ya ?

QA

Terrible fight on my side but still bro had no counter for a terrible defender and he wasted his best defender, I knew that medusa was a free win just because he got unlucky on his draft , does that makes y'all want medusa to be nerfed ?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA no way this guy tells me I'm a joke for posting two Serpent fights where I finished with over 95% health (one of them with a pretty bad counter) and then tries to prove a point with a Bullseye AA fight where he lost 56% health with one of the best counters in the game, this guy is the definition of a buffoon at this point.

Btw he lost to Medusa cause he sucks, Ham CAN do that fight cause unlike Serpent Medusa doesn't shut down burst damage or crits like Serpent which is what makes 90% of the champs in game virtually useless against him.
    I wasn't trying to prove anything but that medusa can work if you don't have a counter
    Why are u acting like u never had a bad fight ?
    I got bad rng with AA and that costed me time a HP so what , if I cared about it I wouldn't have posted it are u that blind
    Stop crying about about serpent bro that's all I ask , like that's so cringe bro almost a month and you still here trying to prove ur view about a champ is better than the people who actually use their time to create the champions , like who do you are , why are I so entitled, bro giving dev calls but never did anything good with his life
    Sits on a forum crying about a champion
    But is acting like the best player in the world

QA

Why u mad bro did I hurt ya ?
    Lmao you're as predictable as a five year old in a candy store at this point.

As for your previous reply that got deleted:
    Highly advice you stop assuming stuff and embarrassing yourself even more than you already have with your lack of knowledge and self-awareness, My Chavez is r2:

As for the other one, that was a r5 Adam vs a r3 Serpent.

Anyways, I'm done arguing now cause I don't want to get this thread closed. Good luck arguing with the other 8 persons on this thread at the same time, you're obviously not wrong:

They are... 😂

Stop crying about about serpent bro that's all I ask , like that's so cringe bro almost a month and you still here trying to prove ur view about a champ is better than the people who actually use their time to create the champions , like who do you are , why are I so entitled, bro giving dev calls but never did anything good with his life
    Sits on a forum crying about a champion
    But is acting like the best player in the world

Almost a month? Bro you didn’t even hit one singular button to view the first page and see that this thread was made on august 28th which is 11 days ago.
    Watch him come back and say "no, you're wrong it's been a month because I said so, stop crying and get good ree"