Crystal cleansing. A call to "big sisters and brothers" of MCOC

Comments

• Nameless_IWNameless_IW Member Posts: 992 ★★★★
    Kabam said after the event, they will be auto opening the older and obsolete crystals for you anyways. Have they mentioned what are these obsolete crystals???

map5-8 crystals?
    t4cc crystals?

anybody knows?
  • Average_DesiAverage_Desi Member Posts: 482 ★★★

Kabam said after the event, they will be auto opening the older and obsolete crystals for you anyways. Have they mentioned what are these obsolete crystals???

map5-8 crystals?
    t4cc crystals?

anybody knows?

Any crystal you can't obtain anymore. So yes,I assume map crystals are included.(Are they available anymore?)

T4 cc is still available so that's not included
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,340 ★★★★

Great!

Hope they clean items we dont need anymore from past events and all crystals from Hoarders 😈🤣
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,416 ★★★★★
    I'm over 12K in this event and so bored with it I no longer care.
  • BKSwisherSweetBKSwisherSweet Member Posts: 163 ★★
    Kabam is probably going to update some of these crystals soon which is why they're trying to get the hoarders to dump them now.
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Member Posts: 1,709 ★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

All these non hoarders complaining that hoarders need to open more crytals is very funny. If a hoarder opens 6 k of crytals and the non hoarders open 2k, who's helping more. Hoarders hoard since once you open a crystal it has an expiry date while a crytals doesn't. Once every couple of years Kabam might auto open some out dated crytals but that's still longer then 13 days or 30 days max. Hoarders are doing there part since most are opening more than the average non hoarders. Why would they open more unless it's worth it for them. Lets be honest here, it's not worth it for a Paragon or Valiant player in general. It benefits the most new accounts and most of those players don't have enough crystal yet to help with the opening. When the next big community event comes with more worth while rewards it might be a different story.

If you have indeed opened 6k crystals, a big thank you to you. No one is asking more from you. You can continue hoarding again. Thank you.
    I'm currently at 4.6k but will reach 6k for sure since I plan on opening about 2k more.
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,731 ★★★★★
    edited September 22

Kabam is probably going to update some of these crystals soon which is why they're trying to get the hoarders to dump them now.

Why don't they just go ahead and update them instead of wasting all of this time? We've been asking for an update of these crystals anyway. I know you may not have the answer to this, but just wondering.
  • Ultraman50Ultraman50 Member Posts: 16
    When I first started many moons ago it took me …rough guessing here…about 10/12 months to get my first 4*. It was an OG Black Panther. Took just as long to get a second. Guess what my second 4* was (after playing daily for probably over a year. Another BLACK PANTHER!!! An effin dupe!!! Now I’m suppose to empty my crystal stash so newer players can get 7* champs after starting 3-4 months ago? This is why businesses can’t find good employees. They want handouts. Government agendas bleeding into the gaming world I see 😂🤣
  • RebarkRebark Member Posts: 370 ★★★
    Kabam should send an in-game message reminding about the event, perhaps with the interface changes many casual or beginner players may not have understood very well what this event is about.
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,283 ★★★★
    Kabam have probably clocked we have too much of some crystals and want us to get rid of them before they update them. Why don't they just make the old crystals antiquated and make the new ones the available ones if that is the case
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 964 ★★★★

map5-8 crystals?
    t4cc crystals?

anybody knows?

Hi @Nameless_IW and @Average_Desi ,

Oh I must have missed that, do you happen to know where did Kabam announced that?
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,731 ★★★★★

Kabam have probably clocked we have too much of some crystals and want us to get rid of them before they update them. Why don't they just make the old crystals antiquated and make the new ones the available ones if that is the case

Yeah even something like that will work too lol.
  • FinalfurykFinalfuryk Member Posts: 261 ★★
    I popped all my gold and solo crystals this weekend to try to contribute. It was around 5000 crystals when all was said and done. I've got a few more things to pop on my sub account. I really wish there was a pop 100 crystals as opposed to pop 10 given how slowly popping can go with lag.
  • Loki_Poki1280Loki_Poki1280 Member Posts: 495 ★★★
    Being a non hoarder player really sucked when this event came out.

I get their idea is to clear crystals out of the server or what not. But not everyone has thousands of crystals in their stash. Managed to get 1000 out for this event but that's about all I've got lol
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 884 ★★★

Why don't they just go ahead and update them instead of wasting all of this time? We've been asking for an update of these crystals anyway. I know you may not have the answer to this, but just wondering.
    I’m guessing the technology they have won’t count the auto opened crystals towards the event
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,923 ★★★★★
    edited September 23
    Seems like a good idea in concept—but in practice it’s just a colossal bore.

Assuming it’s still aimed at mid-tier players, I would redesign by putting a premium on certain crystals (Titans, etc.) if you want the endgamers to boost the noobs. I’ve popped a pair of Titans and I cannot fathom getting the same points as a purple starter quest crystal.

I’d also make it easier to sell all of the unneeded stuff you get from popping crystals to “help out the community.” Example: Because you can’t select 100 arena boosts, anyone who pops drives of old arena boosts has to choose between (1) thumb arthritis from individually selecting to sell them or (2) just letting them clog up stash and expire.

Dr. Zola
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Member Posts: 1,941 ★★★★★
    If they made opening and claiming crystals easier I'd pop thousands more ally crystals.
    13 k. I'm done
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,359 Guardian

For those who haven't yet, let's all pitch in and help our "younger" sisters and brothers with smaller accounts.

Sounds good to me. Let me think about it.
    Rap said:

Emptying out all the crystals you are hold for these rewards is a sucker play.
    And what new players need six? Count em six! Profile pics???

Now I'm completely sold. I'll just open all of them then.
    PT_99 said:

The problem is that if hoarders open their crystals and help reach 1 billion mark when Kabam gives out **** rewards with "80% chance to open 6* hero in 2024"
    It gives a wrong sense of idea to Kabam that they can get away by giving scuffed rewards.

If more and more community events fails, then Kabam might try to do better with rewards, even tho possibility of Kabam giving better rewards is 1% but still.

Now I'm thinking I need to earn more crystals. I'll get right on it.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,351 ★★★★★
    edited September 23
    DrZola said:

Assuming it’s still aimed at mid-tier players, I would redesign by putting a premium on certain crystals (Titans, etc.) if you want the endgamers to boost the noobs. I’ve popped a pair of Titans and I cannot fathom getting the same points as a purple starter quest crystal.

I’d also make it easier to sell all of the unneeded stuff you get from popping crystals to “help out the community.” Example: Because you can’t select 100 arena boosts, anyone who pops drives of old arena boosts has to choose between (1) thumb arthritis from individually selecting to sell them or (2) just letting them clog up stash and expire.

Dr. Zola

This - said it in the other thread. I've opened over 5k crystals and I am bored. Had to sell thousands of arena boosts manually vs watching the red alert buttone very time I go to the home screen. No thanks.

They should have implemented a way to filter & mass sell items like they did with ISO.
    DNA3000 said:

Bugmat78 said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

This - said it in the other thread. I've opened over 5k crystals and I am bored. Had to sell thousands of arena boosts manually vs watching the red alert buttone very time I go to the home screen. No thanks.
    You mean you aren't using them?

Oh look: four more crystals.

Ooooo, how many points DNA?
    I went from 40 million gold to 80 million. Truly a successful event in my eyes
  • smdam38smdam38 Member Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    Where is glory store?

DNA3000 said:

Bugmat78 said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Let me put it this way: I opened fifteen thousand gold crystals at the start of the event.

Also, since this morning our crystal opening rate has doubled from its average over the past few days and has sustained that rate for about five hours now. Not sure why, so I am just going to assume that people are following my example because opening crystals is kewl.

Another possibility: people were saving their crystals to open closer to the end of the month, thinking the event ended at the end of September, because no one reads announcements. That rate is still not enough to reach one billion crystals by the end of the event, but as I've been saying from the start of the event, people are unpredictable. There's no reason to see a huge jump in opening rate three weeks into the event, except for the obvious: people just decide to open crystals whenever they decide to open crystals.

To put this into perspective for the people who say that "no one would spend time" opening crystals for this event, the current opening rate is equivalent to about 600 players tapping their screens non-stop batch opening the fastest crystals that can be batch opened for five straight hours. Not literally the same 600 players of course, just that over five hours the concurrent number of players opening crystals as fast as humanly possible is on the order of that many players. Assuming most players won't do that for more than ten minutes at a time, that implies at least 10,000 players all decided to open large batches of crystals today over and above what was happening normally for the past week (it could of course be more players opening fewer crystals slower, but that is still over and above the normal baseline opening rate).
  • YodaKajYodaKaj Member Posts: 114
    3000 crystals. Basically opened all I have. Should get to 5k by the end.
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Bugmat78 said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Let me put it this way: I opened fifteen thousand gold crystals at the start of the event.

Also, since this morning our crystal opening rate has doubled from its average over the past few days and has sustained that rate for about five hours now. Not sure why, so I am just going to assume that people are following my example because opening crystals is kewl.

Another possibility: people were saving their crystals to open closer to the end of the month, thinking the event ended at the end of September, because no one reads announcements. That rate is still not enough to reach one billion crystals by the end of the event, but as I've been saying from the start of the event, people are unpredictable. There's no reason to see a huge jump in opening rate three weeks into the event, except for the obvious: people just decide to open crystals whenever they decide to open crystals.

To put this into perspective for the people who say that "no one would spend time" opening crystals for this event, the current opening rate is equivalent to about 600 players tapping their screens non-stop batch opening the fastest crystals that can be batch opened for five straight hours. Not literally the same 600 players of course, just that over five hours the concurrent number of players opening crystals as fast as humanly possible is on the order of that many players. Assuming most players won't do that for more than ten minutes at a time, that implies at least 10,000 players all decided to open large batches of crystals today over and above what was happening normally for the past week (it could of course be more players opening fewer crystals slower, but that is still over and above the normal baseline opening rate).
    I’m not opening more crystals and selling garbage.
    It’s enough already.

Odin said it best to Thor.
    Are you a game of crystal opening?

Why give these solo crystals?
    I’m of course going to save my 7 million of them for gold and iso.

If you don’t want us to have them then stop giving them so much.
    smdam38 said:

DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Bugmat78 said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

I’m not opening more crystals and selling garbage.
    It’s enough already.

Odin said it best to Thor.
    Are you a game of crystal opening?

Why give these solo crystals?
    I’m of course going to save my 7 million of them for gold and iso.

If you don’t want us to have them then stop giving them so much.
    I am not empowered to stop your account from getting any more crystals. However, I will pass your request along to those that are.
    Wait oh no. What would I do without solo crystals.