**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The AI has been modified again!? What I’ve noticed...

1235»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    You're using THAT as the basis for your argument now? They're talking about working on bugs. Not at all what you've been implying. What was it? Since 12.0? Wasn't the argument that they're not being upfront? Yet there they are commenting that they're working to resolve problems. I'm sorry, I'm done at this point. You're just trying to fuel with anything. You're insistent on spreading suspicion so have at it. It's really becoming redundant at this point. It never ends. Ask open-ended, elusive conclusions and the inevitable result is always suspicion....or is it?
  • Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    You're using THAT as the basis for your argument now? They're talking about working on bugs. Not at all what you've been implying. What was it? Since 12.0? Wasn't the argument that they're not being upfront? Yet there they are commenting that they're working to resolve problems. I'm sorry, I'm done at this point. You're just trying to fuel with anything. You're insistent on spreading suspicion so have at it. It's really becoming redundant at this point. It never ends. Ask open-ended, elusive conclusions and the inevitable result is always suspicion....or is it?

Did you even read it? Not judging you at all if English isn't your first language, but I'll translate for you.

jw9ztekkfqf2.jpg

He dropped by to say that:

"the team is still working on an overhaul of combat mechanics"

AND.....

"you should see improvements on the some of the issues that are in this thread like interrupted combos and heavy attacks"

Translated, it means, "Right now we are working on an overhaul of combat mechanics, and odds are you will see improvements on some of the issues you are having".

They're two separate messages.

Message 1: we are changing combat mechanics
    Message 2: you will likely see improvements with the problems you are having
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    There is no doubt in my mind that the ai behaviour was majorly changed about 6 months ago, the jumpy left twitch came in then with the parry and dexterity happening a lot more, mike wasn’t saying they have never changed ai, just this update, I’m not sure the ai has changed but timings seem to get messed up some forms of the game every update, the gameplay has not been smooth for me for longer than those 6 months, but it comes and goes, ie the heavy bug affected me for 2 months, then went away for 2 months now it’s been doing it again he last 2 weeks, It seems different people are effected at different times and I wonder if lags bothering you right now have changed gameplay, the game is the worst it’s ever been right now, i whiffed todaybthen the opponent whiffed at me and then amazingly I was able to block the second hit, I also parried an opponent, hit them while stunned and they parried me somehow, we both just stood there frozen until his stun wore off and he combod me, bugs as usual every update
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Posts: 424 ★★★
    Mmx1991 wrote: »
    We've reported it, made threads about it, posted numerous videos with crystal clear evidence about....and it's swept under the rug..locked, deleted, warnings ,etc..

We've done all we can short of quitting. What can we do?
    You misunderstood me. I was not referring to the all the people who start or comment in these threads. I was referring to the few who jump into almost all of them and derail them with their bickering. They contribute nothing.
  • YannisxYannisx Posts: 12
    edited April 2018
    Why you let this troll destroy all posts bug related? Why you even answering or referring to him? He is the reason most bug threads are labeled “closed”. He comes over to derail posts...and you feeding him by quoting! Ignore him! Enough! You are also responsible for the threads shutting down. Flag his posts to the oblivion!
    tufan_1974 wrote: »
    Yes, it's absolutely possible. When there are problems that are persisting and compounding. The fact that people immediately go to the idea that they are messing with it to make it so difficult that our controls don't operate properly is astounding to me. It's not altered to add difficulty. They're literally not functioning properly. It's not hard to see when you stop thinking they're out to get you.

Are you real?

He agrees that things have changed but implicitly thinks that the code's gone rogue instead of Kabam doing the changing.

I dunno know what to say lmao.
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    there's a possibility:

on the update, maybe they didn't change the AI on purpose, maybe they didn't even touch it, maybe one of the new bugs caused the AI to change. by accident. without kabam realizing it.

We already know they've overhauled combat mechanics right around the time things started getting worse and worse last summer.

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/91622
    jw9ztekkfqf2.jpg

So not sure why we keep thinking it's a bug or by "accident".
  • Ravenrob_33Ravenrob_33 Posts: 120
    Well it is becoming clear that kabam has changed the ai weather by accident or on purpose they must know about it and have done nothing about it and look likes they are taking the head in the sand and hope it goes away approach instead of saying okay this has gone wrong and we are working on a fix for it.
    We have provided video and written proof to kabam showing the problems we are all facing and we are met with silence and then here comes the trolls to start arguments so the mods can close the threads down how many times has this happened.
    When the mods do respond we get it's under investigation and they are working on a fix well how much have the game team FIXED nothing example cap/miss marvel's sp2 that's been under investigation and been fixed for the better part of 2 years has it been fixed yet NOT!!.
    I will be waiting for gw to come on here and claim I am making up conspiracy theories but have i said anything that is not completely true.

• TonedefTonedef Posts: 137
    Call it bad luck, bad play or bad-a$$ AI but my Sparky got parried every time I tried to hit a 15k duped 5* Hood in AW today. Needless to say, I died without hitting him. In the previous fight, Blade was doing great, baited his S1 5 or so times, got him down to 50%. Then bam, parried, 5 hits to face, dash forward, parried, 5 hits dead.
    I’ve been getting parried at least 3x more often in AW than ever before. Also the champs I’m facing seem to be varying their attack as to not get parried by my very nearly “well-timed blocks”.
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    If everyone is so unhappy about it, show kabam and quit. It's the only way they listen...
  • Garus wrote: »
    You can literally feel how some "scripts" trigger during the fight. For instance - no special for another minute. No matter what you do, no matter how good you bait - AI won't trigger it. Or... No blocking - AI dashes back and stands there all open, waiting for you to dash in. You can clearly see how some scripts/algorithms trigger.

My favourite is "AI keeps holding block and waits for you to to slide back just to intercept you perfectly". It's funny how you can literally see AI waiting there for you and the freaking 0,00001 second you do your move, there is a response from AI. You stand your ground and block too? AI won't move for like 5-10 seconds. You slide back? AI intercepts with the speed of light.

Totally programmed to screw us.
    This is a very precise and detailed description of what I’ve experienced.

• As the thread has derailed into insults and non-constructive remarks it will now be closed.
This discussion has been closed.