**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Quest Miniboss and Sentinel Refresh - April 2018 - Discussion Thread [Updated April 13]

Comments

• TeeJayFlashTeeJayFlash Posts: 152
    ....side note.....Sentinels cannot use the L3 but......but....if you push them to the L3 they will do a L2 and have L1 loaded and ready for your A$$.....
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★
    anyone else think they (kabam) put this thread on "mute"?
    "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"
    the answer is yes
  • ....side note.....Sentinels cannot use the L3 but......but....if you push them to the L3 they will do a L2 and have L1 loaded and ready for your A$$.....

Had a moment of not thinking. Sp2 to the face followed by an sp1. Yeah.... it was a bad news story
  • DocStrangeDocStrange Posts: 36
    To all of you guys freaking out about these Sentinels:

Use Quake. She destroys them.
  • MPIJLMMPIJLM Posts: 2
    Don't know if this has been asked all ready. Any chance on bringing rankdown tickets back after this change?
    Wolvie kinda got useless against these Sentinels.

Thanks for the consideration in advance.
    DocStrange wrote: »

I have Quake as a 4* r5 sig 99 ....fine for me, all of my alliance members cant say the same not to mention not everyone is comfortable fighting 'Quake style' of course she is not the only option...my issue is the fact that we have to make major changes in how we approach AQ for the same rewards..NOT COOL

I have Quake as a 4* r5 sig 99 ....fine for me, all of my alliance members cant say the same not to mention not everyone is comfortable fighting 'Quake style' of course she is not the only option...my issue is the fact that we have to make major changes in how we approach AQ for the same rewards..NOT COOL

I agree about the rewards. Not cool at all considering you can’t just throw an immune champ in with whatever 2 other champs you want into map 5 anymore. Now more specific options have to be considered. Which will be tough for many when running AW at the same time

I agree about the rewards. Not cool at all considering you can’t just throw an immune champ in with whatever 2 other champs you want into map 5 anymore. Now more specific options have to be considered. Which will be tough for many when running AW at the same time

EXACTLY!!!!
  • CiruxxX1o83CiruxxX1o83 Posts: 3
    Well, here's from someone that JUST found out how difficult it is: A LOT MORE!
    And don't give me the "Sentinels melt at the power of a Armor Break Champion..." What about that annoying "purification"? Won't that get rid of any armor break effects? Won't that basically get rid of ANY DEBUFF effect?
    So, YES you made it more difficult, NO, of course you're not in a place or time to revamp the whole thing, just the difficulty, which will conveniently make us players spend more units and items in each AQ.

Thank you Kabam, you did it again
  • TreoTreo Posts: 382 ★★
    I just don’t like the fact that all of a sudden a lot of champs on the map are now bleed and posion immune and need a high crit champ to do real damage or power control to get them in line ... I don’t get how this helps in diversifying the feel when it narrows the possible champs ... same with the bosses ... how many champs can take on Morningstar ?... sure it still is a few ... but it narrows the field ... sure it makes you bring other champions ... and yes with that I don’t have a problem ... but there are other acts to do that ... it now feels like ah we found our way ... let’s change everything ... instead of building on what is already there ...
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Carmel1 wrote: »
    anyone else think they (kabam) put this thread on "mute"?
    "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"
    the answer is yes

I mean what are they going to say? :
    "We didn't do this to increase potion sales?" "We are not ready for a full refresh so rewards stay the same." "We do not believe that these fights are harder." "You will adjust to these changes." "Some players like the refresh and do not feel there is a difficulty increase."

You'll not get any satisfaction from the mods. They have been told what to say and they have said it. This is just the way they want it.
  • Dale_DobacDale_Dobac Posts: 42
    RIP Wolverine. You served me well. I’ll see you in arenas big guy. Useless everywhere else now.
  • NragedSixxNragedSixx Posts: 3
    edited April 2018
    Well one our alliance members just fought a sentinel in aq and it used it's l3 on him. Hmmmm why does kabam constantly think up new ways to make the community aka their cash cow mad? How is it possible to make a partial change to the game that only benefits kabam. Money grab on their part. Not everyone has the resources or the right champs to just rank up.
  • KarakanliKarakanli Posts: 82
    I just experienced a mystic Sentinel constantly rapidfireing SP2 on me for about 30 seconds.

He had 20+x analysis points and kept on powergaining After his sp2 till all bars were filled and horray here comes the next sp2 and so on...

Of course after the SP2 No. 6 in a row- I could make exactly 0 moves during that time- my R5 4* X23 was down though she was at full Health before that massacre.

Thats a bug or a feature?!?
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★
    [quote= wrote:
    I just experienced a mystic Sentinel constantly rapidfireing SP2 on me for about 30 seconds.

He had 20+x analysis points and kept on powergaining After his sp2 till all bars were filled and horray here comes the next sp2 and so on...

Of course after the SP2 No. 6 in a row- I could make exactly 0 moves during that time- my R5 4* X23 was down though she was at full Health before that massacre.

Mystics gain power when a buff expires according to that chart so using x-23 with regen and possibly dodging back with dexterity sounds like a feature. It sucks but sounds intentional.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★
    Crine60 wrote: »
    [quote= wrote:

Mystics gain power when a buff expires according to that chart so using x-23 with regen and possibly dodging back with dexterity sounds like a feature. It sucks but sounds intentional.

kabam like the way the dexterity and the MD masteries works in war so they brought it also to AQ, just to add more fun...
    Karakanli wrote: »

I just completely destroyed one with Quake lol. If you have her then she’s a great option against all the Sentinels
  • MrgoodMrgood Posts: 0
    No changing rewards, since 6* release, i just see a little bit changing for rewards, opponent become harder, lazy to complain but really annoying sentinel!
    The first mystic sentinel always full of power, although has release L2, and cannot block, crazy...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Good luck with that.
  • ANTI_HERO3ANTI_HERO3 Posts: 6
    Done
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    It's only hard because it's new.

Its harder because it is harder. It would be an exaggeration to say tons of people are going to quit over it, but anyone who thinks Sentinels are not harder than Syms either has a very peculiar psychological aversion to Syms or has no idea how to judge difficulty in the game. And I say that without exempting the developers from that statement.

The point I'm trying to bring home is we will adjust, and it doesn't usually take that long.

I understand your point. However, that point is orthogonal to the question of whether the content is now harder. Regardless of whether it is easier or harder, you can almost always say that. It doesn't contradict, or even address, the question of whether the content is harder in an unjustifiable way.

More importantly, if your point is that people will adjust, then I don't see why you would try to make that point by saying "it's only hard because it's new" because that statement is false, and doesn't support your point at all.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★

Its harder because it is harder. It would be an exaggeration to say tons of people are going to quit over it, but anyone who thinks Sentinels are not harder than Syms either has a very peculiar psychological aversion to Syms or has no idea how to judge difficulty in the game. And I say that without exempting the developers from that statement.

The point I'm trying to bring home is we will adjust, and it doesn't usually take that long.

I understand your point. However, that point is orthogonal to the question of whether the content is now harder. Regardless of whether it is easier or harder, you can almost always say that. It doesn't contradict, or even address, the question of whether the content is harder in an unjustifiable way.

More importantly, if your point is that people will adjust, then I don't see why you would try to make that point by saying "it's only hard because it's new" because that statement is false, and doesn't support your point at all.

Why you even bothered if a couple extra fights are harder?

The rewards didn’t need to be adjusted, AQ did because it was boring and repetitive.

What’s your problem? I’m guessing you could finish all sentinels in the event quest difficulties?

If so how can you smash an Uncollected sentinel and say a low level pi one is a hard fight? Like really!?
  • SempaidavidSempaidavid Posts: 114

Why you even bothered if a couple extra fights are harder?

The rewards didn’t need to be adjusted, AQ did because it was boring and repetitive.

What’s your problem? I’m guessing you could finish all sentinels in the event quest difficulties?

If so how can you smash an Uncollected sentinel and say a low level pi one is a hard fight? Like really!?

You are missing the point. and I'm not sure it's even worth explaining seeing as how you read this thread and didn't get it.
  • My issue is the same as many have said before - we’re having to adjust our teams for no additional incentive. By itself, that doesn’t actually frustrate me.

What frustrates me is that we have to do this, knowing they’re working on the next aq season. We don’t know how long this is going to run, just that they’re not ready for a whole new season roll out. Are we making changes and ranking decisions for a few weeks of this, or are we going to be stuck with this setup for a few months? I have no issue ranking a champ or two to be better equipped to handle the new challenge. But if we’re going to get a full new season in a few weeks, I’m going to be thoroughly annoyed.
  • 420down420down Posts: 170
    I’ve already had players inform me that this is the last nail in the coffin and they are breaking after aq. Anyone else?