**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner Appreciation Week Discussion

Comments

• JoniemaximusJoniemaximus Posts: 21
    @DrZola, probably better the devil they don't know. Plus it's more effort than they're willing to expend to code a new button, and given the recent track record it probably wouldn't work correctly anyway.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    @DrZola, probably better the devil they don't know. Plus it's more effort than they're willing to expend to code a new button, and given the recent track record it probably wouldn't work correctly anyway.

Right...like it actually sells your 5*’s or deletes your account or something?

Dr. Zola
  • bpunk88bpunk88 Posts: 184 ★★★
    Can we get details on the quantities & specific items included with each bundle?

Also, in the past "Summoner Appreciation" has been separate from any compensation offered. Regardless of my opinion on the quality of either of these, why bother lumping these two together? Especially considering the fact that iOS devices are still overheating?
    @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Miike @Kabam Valkyrie
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    I'd take a 6 star HELLCOW as compensation.

#HELLCOW_4Lyfe
  • ill_ill_ Posts: 60
    you guys do realize that Iphones still heat up right? Telling us this is our compensation for the 2 months of outages and phones burning up and not even fixing the issue yet is something Apple and Google will love to hear. You give generic "compensation" to everyone level 6 to 60, so you are assuming that everyone was affected the same way. Why don't you develop "compensation" based on prestige, or is that too much work to do? Also, its a joke that you think Summoner Appreciation Week is part of our compensation, when in past years, you gave this to us just because you actually appreciated us... this event also lasted a MONTH, not a week. Pathetic.
  • teekqteekq Posts: 190
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi all,

We just wanted to let you know that we appreciate all of the constructive feedback about the Summoner Appreciation event and that we have shared your thoughts with the rest of the team.
    Thank you
  • Kade7175Kade7175 Posts: 304 ★★
    Thank you @Kabam Lyra. Its good to know this all was heard and passed along.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Hi all,

We just wanted to let you know that we appreciate all of the constructive feedback about the Summoner Appreciation event and that we have shared your thoughts with the rest of the team.

LOL see you responding broke the game!!!!
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Hi all,

Thank you for acknowledging our concerns. I hope that the team seriously considers some of the feedback that we have given and they don't just ignore it.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »
    So I guess they are going to just go on ignoring this thread until their "appreciation" goes live on the 24th. I love the way that this is being handled... I don't understand why they don't realize what is at stake for them. Mike told us that compensation is about making up for what summoners missed out on. Then the MCoC team decides to ignore this and create a complete garbage appreciation event that, one, in now way makes up for what we lost, and two, makes us choose which area of the game we were inconvenienced in when most summoners were inconvenienced in ALL areas of the game.

Where do the lies end? They cannot expect us to forget this when the lies that we were told were so blatantly obvious. Kabam cannot expect us to let something like this go when it is 100% their own fault. It is time to act mature and admit that they messed up. It is okay to mess up, we all understand you guys are human also. We can forgive. What we cannot do, however, is tolerate the constant assumption that Kabam is free to lie and get away with less than the bare minimum. We won't put up with it. No company that is willing to cheat their customers continuously will last, and unfortunately Kabam has put their foot over this line one too many times.

Act now before it is too late...

What is more saddening is people still spending, if their data doesn't reflect reticence from the community to spend, we are giving them carte blanche to do whatever they please.

We have to remember that forum posters are only a very tiny percentage of the playerbase, and not a representative sample either. In many ways, we are self-selected rabble rousers: most players do not want to, and do not actively participate in public conversation about the game. At best, we might represent the vocal visible community, but we don't represent the playerbase itself. Most of the time, the playerbase as a whole doesn't share our feelings about things, particularly our frustrations about certain things. We have to accept the fact that their feelings, whatever they may be, are just as valid as ours are.

"We" is tenuous, consensus is rarely anything but an illusion. For example, I'm disappointed with the way they handled the compensation announcement, and I'm tentatively disappointed with the compensation itself but I have to reserve final judgment for when I actually know what's in it, which is part of my disappointment. But I'm not as upset as some others are about summoner appreciation week itself. Had SA not been connected to direct compensation at all, if it was just an SA week of stuff to show appreciation for experiencing the problems the game has been experiencing but not explicitly to directly compensate for any particular issue, I'd have been perfectly fine with it.

I'm perturbed that Kabam handled this so badly, but I'm not quite as angry or frustrated as many other players are. I suspect there's quite a range of feelings out there, as the discussion surrounding a recent podcast also demonstrates. If someone out there is fine with spending on the game, it really isn't our place to say that decision is wrong.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    edited August 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »
    So I guess they are going to just go on ignoring this thread until their "appreciation" goes live on the 24th. I love the way that this is being handled... I don't understand why they don't realize what is at stake for them. Mike told us that compensation is about making up for what summoners missed out on. Then the MCoC team decides to ignore this and create a complete garbage appreciation event that, one, in now way makes up for what we lost, and two, makes us choose which area of the game we were inconvenienced in when most summoners were inconvenienced in ALL areas of the game.

Where do the lies end? They cannot expect us to forget this when the lies that we were told were so blatantly obvious. Kabam cannot expect us to let something like this go when it is 100% their own fault. It is time to act mature and admit that they messed up. It is okay to mess up, we all understand you guys are human also. We can forgive. What we cannot do, however, is tolerate the constant assumption that Kabam is free to lie and get away with less than the bare minimum. We won't put up with it. No company that is willing to cheat their customers continuously will last, and unfortunately Kabam has put their foot over this line one too many times.

Act now before it is too late...

What is more saddening is people still spending, if their data doesn't reflect reticence from the community to spend, we are giving them carte blanche to do whatever they please.

We have to remember that forum posters are only a very tiny percentage of the playerbase, and not a representative sample either. In many ways, we are self-selected rabble rousers: most players do not want to, and do not actively participate in public conversation about the game. At best, we might represent the vocal visible community, but we don't represent the playerbase itself. Most of the time, the playerbase as a whole doesn't share our feelings about things, particularly our frustrations about certain things. We have to accept the fact that their feelings, whatever they may be, are just as valid as ours are.

"We" is tenuous, consensus is rarely anything but an illusion. For example, I'm disappointed with the way they handled the compensation announcement, and I'm tentatively disappointed with the compensation itself but I have to reserve final judgment for when I actually know what's in it, which is part of my disappointment. But I'm not as upset as some others are about summoner appreciation week itself. Had SA not been connected to direct compensation at all, if it was just an SA week of stuff to show appreciation for experiencing the problems the game has been experiencing but not explicitly to directly compensate for any particular issue, I'd have been perfectly fine with it.

I'm perturbed that Kabam handled this so badly, but I'm not quite as angry or frustrated as many other players are. I suspect there's quite a range of feelings out there, as the discussion surrounding a recent podcast also demonstrates. If someone out there is fine with spending on the game, it really isn't our place to say that decision is wrong.

While I agree with your point about not shaming people who want to spend still, even if I think it's just enabling Kabam to continue to make bad decisions, what i can't get on board with on this comment is dismissing the power or sample size of the player base represented here. We don't have that much to go on scientifically, but history here itself. The only times that Kabam has relented on bad decisions and rolled back something was when they faced pressure and in each of those times the majority of it was coming from here. Not to dismiss or discount when the content creators/you tubers and leaders at the top get behind something like a boycott or the 12.0 fiasco, but even in that case, if there wasn't a huge uproar on the forum itself then there would be nothing for kabam to judge outrage or player contentment on. Hence this actually does work like a small sample of the larger player base. People only make tickets in game for issues and bugs, so all feedback positive or negative only come through here, Reddit, twitter/facebook comments, some other random platforms like discord/line and youtube. And in each of these cases, whether it was 12.0, or the sentinel/aq changes, you name it, when the player base as a majority represented on this forum and those other platforms cried out, Kabam relented and either changed their mind or compensated for the issue differently than planned. So being able to say confidently (like you did) that something here on the forums isn't representative of the community at large I think is as much of a reach as you're claiming on the other poster.

Not trying to be rude here, but logically we have confirmation of neither, no way to measure them, but you could argue just as logically for this being a good sample size of everyone who is upset about this from this thread alone. And I really have to disagree with you on being okay with the length of the summoner appreciation week (if it hadn't been rolled into the compensation). One week long, after having it for a month before this and in the totality of the issues leading up to it, while we're dealing with server crashes daily and bugs and people STILL have overheating issues on open report threads, that to me says that not only is a week too short for everyone to possibly get the full intent of rewards earned, but many didn't have the chance to plan or already HAD plans and it fell during this. If you hold it longer, it would not only give people more time to participate, but it would give Kabam some leeway if their game isn't a total dumpster fire next week like it's looking to be right now.
This discussion has been closed.