**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

"We're going to continue to keep a close eye on all Mystic Champions" after MD changes

BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
Hey @Kabam Miike , in August you said:
"We're going to continue to keep a close eye on all Mystic Champions after this change, and Dormammu in particular, as this change goes out into the wild".

You then added:
"We have discussed the possibility of Rank Down Tickets, and have not decided for or against them. We're not going to give them out for this change independently of seeing how it actually affects these Champions. While we didn't see any significant/noticeable drops in performance in the Beta, we're going to keep an eye on this now that it will be out in the wild.

The threshold will always vary, and there is no "set" answer that we can give here. We always look at what the impact of the change will be, and examine our data on the topic. I can say that they are not for Meta Shifts. Those are things that will always happen, and are good for the game and need to continue to happen. Those are much more natural and something that we should always expect. This doesn't mean that you should always be wary of where/when you're spending your resources, but remember that what may be the top of the top right now, may not be in a few months or a year.

What we monitor will vary from situation to situation. For example, when looking at the effectiveness of Mystic Dispersion on a Defender, how often does it trigger? On a Defender in general, what is their win rate? How much HP do they end a fight with in comparison to how much they started with (Damage dealt vs Damage taken)? How long are their fights? For an attacker with Mystic Dispersion, how often are they able to make use of it? How often can they get their special attacks off? This is not a one size fits all solution. In an even more general sense, it will include usage rates, and which nodes they are placed on. For instance, are they being used more or less on a Boss Node or a Miniboss node? We have a lot of data collected on the effectiveness of these Champions in the old MD world, and will be comparing the two.

And we are definitely not just going to watch Dormammu! Juggernaut is one that you guys have mentioned, and we're going to make sure he's also very closely monitored. We're going to be watching all of our Mystic Champions in this new MD world!"

So the question is... Did you watch Dormammu? Did you watch Juggernaut? What are the results after monitoring these champions for over 3 months? Still no RDT, no compensation, just a NERF???

Comments

• iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    MattMan wrote: »
    If there was a need, they would have been given by now. Fact is, those Champs don't depend on an enhancement to function properly.
    There is a need and they should have been given immediately. Fact is, those champs were ranked because of how they functioned with that enhancement. Worked better by the way.

Don't bother please.

We need some confirmation on this from the game team.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    If there was a need, they would have been given by now. Fact is, those Champs don't depend on an enhancement to function properly.
    There is a need and they should have been given immediately. Fact is, those champs were ranked because of how they functioned with that enhancement. Worked better by the way.

Worked better. Definition of an enhancement. Their basic functionality doesn't depend on MD. It gave more Kills. That's why people used it with them. Tickets weren't needed because nothing was changed at all with the Champs themselves. Sure, people Ranked them for Defense. For years they used it because it was an overpowered mechanic. Now it's changed to be more manageable. Doesn't mean people are owed Tickets to switch to another overpowered strategy. If that's the case, then the Rewards earned with them should be turned in as well.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    Can we just get an answer from a mod please? Not that incessant other guy

This. I don't want RDTs, Variant Difficulty content takes stacked rosters within every single champion class. I want people to stay true to their word.
    edited December 2018
    I think we already know the answer is they have no plans. Could be wrong. Anything is possible. If you want to wait for a response, up to you.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    By changing MD they changed these champs and their value in the game. That alone warrants a rank down ticket for each and every mystic champion owned and ranked.

I'd caution speaking in these kinds of absolutes. Kabam already stated their stance, as shown in the OP of this thread:

"We have discussed the possibility of Rank Down Tickets, and have not decided for or against them. We're not going to give them out for this change independently of seeing how it actually affects these Champions. While we didn't see any significant/noticeable drops in performance in the Beta, we're going to keep an eye on this now that it will be out in the wild."

For all we know mystic defenders' effectiveness as AW defenders has not been significantly impacted on a large scale. Individual accounts including my own aren't enough to determine what is or is not warranted. That's what data is for.
    Well then.....good luck. Lol.
  • MissMissyMissMissy Posts: 78
    I have also been awaiting a response to mystic rank down tickets. I have been patient but there has been sufficient time to evaluate the defensive mystic nerfing.

My Mordo and Juggs received zero kills, even with this last season’s bleed immunity and a MD mastery of 4. I ranked these champs specifically for defense, now they nothing but bench warmers.
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★
    TKS87 wrote: »
    MD was a broken mechanic, everyone talking about how their defenders are useless now. How many times did you benefit in war for the 2 years MD was drastically overpowered and broken? It's now a mechanic that can still be tough to deal with, but can be played around with skill. And is still beneficiary offensively for many mystic champions whom have a good, reliable Nullify ability.

I understand that it sucks, as end game rank up materials csn still be tough to acquire. But I feel like at this point, still complaining for RDT's isn't going to get you anywhere. The best you can probably do at this point is hope they give out some RDT's for Christmas again this year, like they did last year
    It wasn’t broken, it was “working as intended” and rank ups were made with MD functionality in mind.

For me, this isn’t about complaining. This is about a game mechanic that was changed and in-turn reduced the functionality or value of the characters it was used with and players should be given the opportunity to rank down those champs in the interest of fairness. The only reason not to had our RDT’s is the short term effect of reducing sales of rank up materials.
    It was changed in the interest of fairness.
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    Shut. Up. You have plenty of ways to better your roster with all the new content. All these mystic champs people are crying about are probably doing just fine in variant.

It happened. It will happen again. You will be unhappy again. Just stop the crying.
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    I’d also be willing to bet that everyone that begs for RDTs just has another champ they think will be better and are looking for the easy way to rank them.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    TKS87 wrote: »
    MD was a broken mechanic, everyone talking about how their defenders are useless now. How many times did you benefit in war for the 2 years MD was drastically overpowered and broken? It's now a mechanic that can still be tough to deal with, but can be played around with skill. And is still beneficiary offensively for many mystic champions whom have a good, reliable Nullify ability.

I understand that it sucks, as end game rank up materials csn still be tough to acquire. But I feel like at this point, still complaining for RDT's isn't going to get you anywhere. The best you can probably do at this point is hope they give out some RDT's for Christmas again this year, like they did last year
    It wasn’t broken, it was “working as intended” and rank ups were made with MD functionality in mind.

For me, this isn’t about complaining. This is about a game mechanic that was changed and in-turn reduced the functionality or value of the characters it was used with and players should be given the opportunity to rank down those champs in the interest of fairness. The only reason not to had our RDT’s is the short term effect of reducing sales of rank up materials.

So are you one of those people who are still crying about the AA changes also?
    Or Drax changes?
    Also maybe your guys arent getting kills because most people are still running the holy trinity in AW attack which shuts down your defenders?
    I have a r5/65 magik and you dont here me crying
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    As I said elsewhere, I spent a total of 14 mystic catalysts and a couple of T2A ranking up Dormammu and Juggernaut. They are now totally useless... But that's not the point.

In fact, even if I well know RDT will not be granted for the MD changes (probably we'll get some for Christmas), what is important for me now is to have answers. I mean, they released a statement announcing a very close monitoring of those champions, and if you release a statement then go ahead and show us data, results, tell us something.

It would be awesome to read a "we were wrong about MD, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused". At least... It's nothing for us anyway, but still better than your silence.
  • DaileyDailey Posts: 283 ★★
    Hope everyone here realizes that they can and will at anytime make changes to the game and really not care one bit what the majority of the community cares about. Nerfing everything and anything that prevents the purchase of potions or more crystals for the next ‘OP’ character. This is a foolz game. LOL
  • ShaggyMShaggyM Posts: 258 ★★★
    I wish this topic would be addressed.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Arguably, Juggernaut is better now than he was before, even with MD, because you can't parry him while he's unstoppable. Having him at R4 or higher shouldn't be a bad thing now - he's a pain with that constant ability to stagger.

The reason there probably aren't RDT's for Dormammu is because he's still an effective defender? He's just not oppressively effective as he used to be.

You say arguably, yet the reality is mine got zero kills in an entire season. This was a massive downgrade for him.