UPDATE: A new Hotfix (v32.2.3) is now being released to address this issue. Please keep an eye on your App Store for this update to address the below issue.

We are currently experiencing an Error when Summoners view a Champion’s Synergies while in the Champion Selection screen in Arenas and Duels. We are aware of this issue and are working on a Hotfix to address it. In the meantime, please avoid using the synergy menu to prevent this error and crash. We apologize for this inconvenience. Updates will be posted here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/293506/error-when-looking-at-synergies-from-champion-selection-screen

So are master and uncollected rewards going to increase?

24

Comments

  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 29,282 ★★★★★
    Drooped1 wrote: »
    Just because you say theres a problem doesnt mean there is a problem. Your arguements are always me me me.

    If the same amount of people say there isnt an issue as the ones that do its balanced to it's fine as it is. My kids do my master mode for me cause I cant be bothered

    Incorrect. I am saying "Me" because I'm speaking from my own experience. I'm not the one telling someone else their experience is not correct. Apparently I'm not just speaking for myself because a number of other people have observed the same thing.
  • Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273
    maybe one thing to change is the fact you don’t get units from any uncollected chapter what so ever .
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 29,282 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I have to say, I see some validity in saying it's getting harder. Now, I'm not really asking for more of anything, but even the most impartial observers can see that the challenge factor is continually increasing. It's gotten to a point where the line between Uncollected and Master is very thin. While I'm not whining, I can't deny that I've noticed the same.

    I consider myself an extremely impartial judge of difficulty, and I haven't noticed a continuous upward increase in difficulty in either master or uncollected. I thought Darkhawk might dislodge unblockable guillotine but I just completed first run through uncollected after the patch and once I got some practice on him my evaluation is he's not as difficult. He is different because he has different modes that alter how you can attack him. You cannot use full combos, you have to be careful about knocking him down, and he has a difficult SP1 to evade. But he is not completely unblockable permanently and can kill you instantly if you allow him to hit you at all, which is basically what unblockable guillotine was. The fact that after the initial SP2 he can be parried makes him less difficult right off the bat.

    It is hard to say from only one run (although it did take me several revives starting from a full team to get him) but the patch seems to have made him slightly less aggressive, which means both that he doesn't instantly charge at you killing you before you can even dash back, but it also makes him slightly less inclined to use SP2 so you have to bait him like Hyperion: drift towards him to get him to bite then dash back with very good timing.

    So far I've had the most success with Void. Void can deal a lot of damage without swinging at him which is very valuable in this fight. The more you dance around evading him and not letting him inviso-evade you the more degen you keep stacking on him. Even if you don't kill him in one shot, Void can whittle him down better than most things I've used.

    I will have to disagree because noticing the increase is something that has stuck with me a long time now. I've been noticing it too consistently for it to be psychosomatic. Of course, your view is your own. Thanks for the tip about Void, though.
  • I have to say, I see some validity in saying it's getting harder. Now, I'm not really asking for more of anything, but even the most impartial observers can see that the challenge factor is continually increasing. It's gotten to a point where the line between Uncollected and Master is very thin. While I'm not whining, I can't deny that I've noticed the same.

    This is not true at all. The line between master and uncollected is in no way thin. Most uncollected quests have some challenge. There is literally no challenge for me in the master level.

    I'm prepared to bet anyone real money at any reasonable odds that the number of players that successfully complete master is so much higher than the number that completes uncollected that the notion that the difficulty difference is "thin" is completely untenable.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 29,282 ★★★★★
    Drooped1 wrote: »
    Drooped1 wrote: »
    Just because you say theres a problem doesnt mean there is a problem. Your arguements are always me me me.

    If the same amount of people say there isnt an issue as the ones that do its balanced to it's fine as it is. My kids do my master mode for me cause I cant be bothered

    Incorrect. I am saying "Me" because I'm speaking from my own experience. I'm not the one telling someone else their experience is not correct. Apparently I'm not just speaking for myself because a number of other people have observed the same thing.

    And what that does is attempts to invalidate all the people who dont agree with you..

    You argue against that very thing constantly but you do it to us on a daily basis. .

    So you're just arguing to argue. Got it.
  • I will have to disagree because noticing the increase is something that has stuck with me a long time now. I've been noticing it too consistently for it to be psychosomatic.

    You could just be wrong. Perceived difficulty is subjective, but average difficulty is objective (you can measure it by just looking at how many players successfully complete the content). Either that number has been steadily declining (or the amount of resources being used is steadily increasing) or it hasn't. One of us is provably wrong. Experience in analyzing difficulty over time tells me to bet on me in this case.
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 522 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom something about pots and kettles...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 29,282 ★★★★★
    Ok, if that's how you feel. I disagree, and I'm not debating my own perceptions. If you're arguing that I've gotten worse at the game, I'm afraid you don't understand how progress works.
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 522 ★★★
    IMO uncollected is still too new to say it’s getting harder. I don’t think it has, but we really can only see temporary trends at this point. Weather vs climate. Master, on the other hand, I think has reduced stats but the AI behavior has been adjusted to make it more difficult. It requires a different play style than it used to, more defensive and quick to counterattack.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    I haven’t noticed any trend of difficulty getting harder. Each eq has hurdles to over come but they are not the same as the last eq so it’s easy for you to just perceive it harder when it’s actually just a diffrent kind of challenge.
  • VulcanMVulcanM Posts: 664 ★★
    So tell me how I beat DH I dogde back hope he let's off the sp2 I I'm just about trapped in the corner by now and he seems immune to stun and I cannot seem to counter. Only got him down to 78% as he heals. Using 4/55 He, hulk, Iceman and 3/45 Pm and Angela. Advice would be appreciated as it's frustrating the hell out of me

    quake
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    For me the difficulty has gotten a lot easier over time. This is partially due to a growing roster as I was originally doing uncollected with 4* and now mostly with r4 5*and 6 stars. Other part is I came in off an 8 month break so there were a lot of new champs to learn. What this says though is that over time the difficulty has either decreased or stayed relatively the same from my perspective.

    From my observations every month is the same level of relative difficulty with a couple of extra challenging items thrown in which vary but still relative difficulty the same. The challenging items are typically one or 2 more challenging bosses and then a path or two with node/champ combinations that suck.

    Now the key to getting past this point as a barrier is gaining a more diverse skill set as a player and selective rank up of champions to increase your ability to clear content by building a well rounded roster of the different needs of a team(regen, raw damage, dot, ability reduction, immunity, etc).

    I see threads like this and other threads where some people are upset about difficulty but then saying to rank whoever you like the most and well I get the sediment that isn't the best path to success in this game and there is likely a correlation with that. Some champs are better than others (as in any rng looter game) and have more utility in helping to clear content and if you aren't focused on those champs you will have more difficulty by default.

    Just my overall opinion
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 910 ★★★
    As always a great community here. Lol
  • project314project314 Posts: 67
    Day 1 of the event quest: "Oooooohhhh, check out this player, he managed to oneshot the boss in Uncollected difficulty when all these other YouTubers got wrecked!!!"

    Day 12 of the event quest, after finally managing to solo Uncollected DH myself, after Master made me curse on day 1: "Okay, that isn't so tough after all."

    OP, you have 4-5 weeks to complete/explore an event quest. Week 2 is about to end, there are still 3. Work at it, and you'll figure out Darkhawk, like many of us are...

    1) Bait original SP2
    2) Parry stun & Heavy to get him out of his purple mesh phase
    3) Wait for the armor phase to end (armor icon)
    4) Pummel away, but always bait his SP1, which you can block and take some damage from (you don't want him doing his sp2 and switching to another phase)
    5) Repeat step 4 until he goes down

    Master and difficulty are supposed to provide a challenge, they're supposed to make us think and come up with potential solutions to nodes and abilities. They're not meant to be completed on day 1 by all Summoners. Emma Frost took me time to figure out, and luckily I was able to get practice on her in the Danger Rooms event that month.
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 414 ★★★
    I have to say, I see some validity in saying it's getting harder. Now, I'm not really asking for more of anything, but even the most impartial observers can see that the challenge factor is continually increasing. It's gotten to a point where the line between Uncollected and Master is very thin. While I'm not whining, I can't deny that I've noticed the same.

    It is not so much that they are increasing in difficulty as it is that Kabam is forcing everyone to think about a different strategy and champion usage. The idea is for you to find a different way completing the quests, not just running in with your same old group of champs, "God Tiers", if you will. Instead they want you to think it through and use some of the champs everyone complains they hate getting and call useless.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 29,282 ★★★★★
    Sungj wrote: »

    Sorry, but in this case, I'm sure I'm not observing nothing. We're going to have to disagree on this one. I've noticed, and there's no convincing me otherwise.

    This is a very immature way of handling an argument, if you aren't willing to take other opinions into account what was the point of entering the debate it the first place. It absolutely could be your perceptions being off. Maybe the nodes and bosses lately just haven't been geared towards the utility you have available in your roster. With everyone's roster and skill varying in large degrees, how can you be so confident your single perspective is absolute. If someone believes the difficulty hasn't changed that opinion is just as valid as yours and there should be discussion done on the reasons why both sides believe what they do. Shutting down any other arguments with the only reasoning being oh there is no way I could be wrong is very counterproductive.

    You say yourself that you are speaking from personal experience and anyone should know that anecdotal evidence is not representative of the issue as a whole and is very flawed to make it the crux of an argument. If you aren't going to make objective points and give evidence to support it that may very well exist to support your claim like maybe Darkhawk has fewer counters available to make him easy unlike previous bosses or he requires mastery of certain skills to a higher level than was required to beat previous bosses your personal experience are an invalid argument. I'm not saying you are wrong and master mode may very well be getting more difficult but if you can't provide any objective evidence to support your argument you can't just shut down everyone else's and act as if your view is absolute.

    It's not immature at all. On the contrary, it's the most mature way to agree to disagree. It's not just a momentary thought or a vent from a Fight I've had an issue with. It's a consistent observation I've made over the course of doing Master EQ over months, and I know what it is I'm seeing. I'm not interested in having people tell me what my own observations are. They can agree with what I've found or disagree, but if someone is trying to tell me what my own experience is, or that my own skill level is degrading, that's ignorant. Sorry.
    I am not new to the game. I've played it for 3 years, the majority of that focusing on Master because until recently, I hadn't become Uncollected. I have enough experience with it. Perhaps the comment I made about the line being thin between Master and UC was misspoken, but I amended what I meant by that. However, if people are just going to argue that I haven't noticed it getting harder, then I can assure you that dropping the conversation is the most mature way to handle it. What I really want to say isn't appropriate.
    I've had just about enough of people arguing ad nauseum that there's no problem when someone points out the degree of challenge. 99% of the time, it doesn't even affect their level to begin with, so they wouldn't have a problem regardless. It's become a sport to contradict anyone who points out difficulty on here, and that's not okay. Not by far. People are giving their own experience and valid feedback, and others have made a habit out of squashing it, almost involuntarily.
    People can take an anti stance with these things, but what they can't do is take away from someone else's experience. Regardless of whether people agree or not, that is my experience, and that is what I have observed. I'm not arguing what people think my observations are. The challenge of Master has increased to the point where it feels beyond its level, and that's what I found. Period. The conbinations of new Champs with amped up Nodes, timing shifts, and all other factors that have been added are getting overboard for that level of content. That's how I feel. Period.
  • Snizzbar wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I have to say, I see some validity in saying it's getting harder. Now, I'm not really asking for more of anything, but even the most impartial observers can see that the challenge factor is continually increasing. It's gotten to a point where the line between Uncollected and Master is very thin. While I'm not whining, I can't deny that I've noticed the same.

    I consider myself an extremely impartial judge of difficulty

    I think you ruined your own argument right about here, because I can guarantee you're not an extremely impartial judge of yourself. The rest of it was all just waffly hot air.

    I consider myself an extremely impartial judge of difficulty because that judgment has been evaluated to be suitable enough to be worth paying for in a professional setting. I value the opinions of professional game developers somewhat higher than anonymous forum posters in this context.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 29,282 ★★★★★
    To be fair, I've most often found DNA to be impartial. Though lengthy in his wording, there's always useful information when taking the time to read it, and I find him to be objective and informative. We may not always agree, but I definitely respect his feedback.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    Sungj wrote: »

    Sorry, but in this case, I'm sure I'm not observing nothing. We're going to have to disagree on this one. I've noticed, and there's no convincing me otherwise.

    This is a very immature way of handling an argument, if you aren't willing to take other opinions into account what was the point of entering the debate it the first place. It absolutely could be your perceptions being off. Maybe the nodes and bosses lately just haven't been geared towards the utility you have available in your roster. With everyone's roster and skill varying in large degrees, how can you be so confident your single perspective is absolute. If someone believes the difficulty hasn't changed that opinion is just as valid as yours and there should be discussion done on the reasons why both sides believe what they do. Shutting down any other arguments with the only reasoning being oh there is no way I could be wrong is very counterproductive.

    You say yourself that you are speaking from personal experience and anyone should know that anecdotal evidence is not representative of the issue as a whole and is very flawed to make it the crux of an argument. If you aren't going to make objective points and give evidence to support it that may very well exist to support your claim like maybe Darkhawk has fewer counters available to make him easy unlike previous bosses or he requires mastery of certain skills to a higher level than was required to beat previous bosses your personal experience are an invalid argument. I'm not saying you are wrong and master mode may very well be getting more difficult but if you can't provide any objective evidence to support your argument you can't just shut down everyone else's and act as if your view is absolute.

    It's not immature at all. On the contrary, it's the most mature way to agree to disagree. It's not just a momentary thought or a vent from a Fight I've had an issue with. It's a consistent observation I've made over the course of doing Master EQ over months, and I know what it is I'm seeing. I'm not interested in having people tell me what my own observations are. They can agree with what I've found or disagree, but if someone is trying to tell me what my own experience is, or that my own skill level is degrading, that's ignorant. Sorry.
    I am not new to the game. I've played it for 3 years, the majority of that focusing on Master because until recently, I hadn't become Uncollected. I have enough experience with it. Perhaps the comment I made about the line being thin between Master and UC was misspoken, but I amended what I meant by that. However, if people are just going to argue that I haven't noticed it getting harder, then I can assure you that dropping the conversation is the most mature way to handle it. What I really want to say isn't appropriate.
    I've had just about enough of people arguing ad nauseum that there's no problem when someone points out the degree of challenge. 99% of the time, it doesn't even affect their level to begin with, so they wouldn't have a problem regardless. It's become a sport to contradict anyone who points out difficulty on here, and that's not okay. Not by far. People are giving their own experience and valid feedback, and others have made a habit out of squashing it, almost involuntarily.
    People can take an anti stance with these things, but what they can't do is take away from someone else's experience. Regardless of whether people agree or not, that is my experience, and that is what I have observed. I'm not arguing what people think my observations are. The challenge of Master has increased to the point where it feels beyond its level, and that's what I found. Period. The conbinations of new Champs with amped up Nodes, timing shifts, and all other factors that have been added are getting overboard for that level of content. That's how I feel. Period.

    I think that just because you think you see the difficulty increasing in master that’s not really the case. It’s just that the fights are a diffrent challenge and need a diffrent strategy. Yours skills might not be degrading but the skills that you’ve relayed less on compared to skills you use more regular are just not up to the task. Kabam has really done a good job at creating these quest rah month and keeping them largly in line challenge wise. The real change each month isn’t the difficulty going up it’s just they make the fight diffrent
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 29,282 ★★★★★
    Sorry, disagree. I'm familiar with switching tactics. I'm also moving on because that's my opinion, and I've questioned it and examined it enough to make a conclusion. It's become more difficult. I'm not changing my view.
  • realiTicrealiTic Posts: 96
    edited December 2018


    All you need to know to defeat him.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,899 ★★★★
    At the same time difficulty should increase over time as you are gaining resources in war and Aq meaning your roster should be steadily growing. I don't think the difficulty has dramatically changed but I feel its growing at the same pace as my roster. Also they've often had 1 or 2 champs who make it easier but doesn't make it impossible without those champs
Sign In or Register to comment.