**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Alliance Wars Matchmaking System & Season 8 Details

Comments

• Syko6Syko6 Posts: 11
    Looking for Alliance:

650K player decent roster
    Can do Map 1/2/3/4/5 clear any mini or final boss any day willing to take any path.

Cant do AW as new fixed times sucks ****.

Hit me up on line
  • Until it happens, we don't know. Better to have some hope than none at all. At least we have something from them. While my cautious optimism is there, it is CERTAINLY grounded in reality. Things may get worse before they get better. Or they may nail it. Until the next update comes, all we can do is wait.

The old system isn't coming back. That much is clear. It's been exploited too many times and it won't be back as a result. Thank those who colluded and played dirty for that one. Frankly, they should've done this sooner and included the playerbase in the creative process. I've heard some reasons why it was made in its current form. One of them is rather sad and shortsighted. Which ultimately lead to the timing issues. The matchmaking mess giving poor matchups is a whole other thing.

Fact remains, it needs work. It could potentially work very well provided they put the work in, and take everything that was said to heart. Too early. Glitchy nonsense with the Enlistment. Poor matches. 3 MAJOR problems. If they can resolve those, there's no reason why this system can't work for everyone. In the meantime, all we can do is wait.

I urge everyone to skim this thread as there's some great ideas presented. Know that your fellow summoners pushed hard on this since day 1. Myself included. There's maybe a handful (at best) of players that said they're good with this. Needless to say, that's not enough to justify leaving it as is. So change is coming. What form that takes is remained to be seen.
  • Fantasy_91Fantasy_91 Posts: 243
    Yes, while Kabam has responded that they heard us and are discussing ways to address it, I'm glad to see the community still posting their views (good and bad) as well as suggestions for improvement. It allows them to vent and IF Kabam still is on the fence on any of the issues being brought up, more feedback can help and shouldn't hinder their internal discussions.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Wow you guys overreact about everything.
  • A good fix would be 1/2 hour timers as we are losing 4 hours of attack.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    A good fix would be 1/2 hour timers as we are losing 4 hours of attack.

No, you only lose 4hrs of placement. Attack phase is still 24hrs.
  • @Fantasy_91 my whole point is that very few even acknowledged that those posts occurred. No doubt, vent, express. Just the same, take a moment and see what came before. It might help find some solace knowing that we were heard. That likely would help everyone feel a little better about what's around the corner. That's all I'm trying to get out there. I do agree though, people need to, and should get their opinions about the new systen out there. It just would be nice if they'd also acknowledge that Kabam has paid attention. That alone is progress. Personally, I'm all for progress.

@Markjv81 who's to say what's an overreaction here? Being upset is warranted IMO considering all that has occurred. If these changes kill your ability to be competitive in AW, I'd say that's reason to be upset. For many, that's what happened. Fact is, without these reactions, things may have stayed the same.

Some change is coming and for that I'm grateful. Grateful to all who've expressed their distaste for the new system. Grateful to Kabam for acknowledging such, and in turn doing something about it. What's being changed and how it will work is remained to be seen. But at least they're trying to fix it so the majority are happy. You'll never please everyone. Just a fact of life. So long as everyone has a better chance of being competitive without turning their lives upsidedown to do so is enough for me. Hopefully, that'll be enough for the majority too. We shall see...
  • Fantasy_91Fantasy_91 Posts: 243
    Here's a thought I just had.....

Your war tier is based on war rating and how it compares to all alliances. Now that all alliances will finish their wars within a short period of time there could be a lot of shuffling around especially for alliances that were matched early on. Is it possible that someone enlists at one tier but gets matched at a different one? Therefore affecting their multiplier for season rank.

My alliance's war rating is 1414 so tier 11, which is the 16-20% bracket. That's a fairly broad bracket so I probably wouldn't notice much movement. But the higher up in tiers you go it might be more noticeable just like the season leaderboard fluctuates until all wars are finished.
  • HamedSOHamedSO Posts: 139
    edited February 2019
    I"m not liking this new system, nor the 30 members in our alliance. I lead 15m alliance and we are having difficulty adapting to the new start time and schedule. The new schedule is really not friendly. We should be allowed to start the War at the time we want, just like AQ. This system can properly make us stop doing wars at all! Our alliance love wars and we are in Gold1. Waiting for Kabam update on this issue.

BR,
    HamedSO
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Markjv81 wrote: »

This has made war unplayable for a lot of people, and Kabam is actually listening. This was the appropriate reaction.

This has made war unplayable for a lot of people, and Kabam is actually listening. This was the appropriate reaction.

See overreaction. “Unplayable” is complete non sense, we have 1 US BG, 1 Aussie BG and a mixed US, euro, Aussie BG. In both wars all bg have 100% in a similar time frame as before the change, our opponents have also done the same.

Is it different?? Yes
    Will it require some small adjustments?? Yes
    Is it unplayable?? Not even remotely.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

See overreaction. “Unplayable” is complete non sense, we have 1 US BG, 1 Aussie BG and a mixed US, euro, Aussie BG. In both wars all bg have 100% in a similar time frame as before the change, our opponents have also done the same.

Is it different?? Yes

Not unplayable, but difficult for a lot of people. Your alliance is able to keep up with it and that's great. But there are people who aren't able to due to different work timings and times when they can't play. Not everyone is able to get on to clear links and when some have early timings of sleep and others late, this creates a difference. That's why alliances used to start war at their own times. Well other than the ones who tried to fix matches.

Is it different?? Yes

Because it hasn't affected your alliance to that degree the idea that it might make it unplayable for others must be nonsense. Even if I grant a degree of hyperbole that doesn't make people's reaction to needlessly creating upheaval for the gaming experience for many, many players an overreaction. Starting almost all wars at a time that no war has ever been started was unnecessary.
    edited February 2019
    No matter what hours you use to use for attack in war are still available to you.

Show me a schedule that’s unplayable.
    No matter what hours you use to use for attack in war are still available to you.

Yeah zero interest making a schedule breakdown as fun as it would be. Good think Kabam can see from their data that it's causing a problem as well as the overwhelming feedback. Guess we will agree to disagree lol
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    My suggestion, quick fix, just a few options for start time,( say 3 )different options. and maybe just one at aq start time and the others say 1-2 hours either side keeps the mismatching fix solved and should keep us happy, have to say making it so much before aq was a weird one
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★

all hours are available yes. that is true.
    but what you are missing is this.
    people are active at different time and work at different times. so now i will not wake before war is over.
    i have to hope we can finish war earlier so it is done by the time i sleep.
    scenario 1.
    i am an aussie.
    i am waiting to be unlinked by a uk player. we are both awake. but our US mate is asleep and the UK player cant move until he wakes.
    hours later... US player wakes.... takes down link.... now UK player is at work and cant move for 3 hrs. he finally takes down his link. by this time it is 2:00 am for me here in aus and i am fast asleep. can move and take down last link.
    middle miniboss stays linked boss doesnt die as war finishes well before i woke up.

under the timing we used to use. this would happen but not be an issue as i would wake 3-4 hours before war finished.

just an example
    Change paths, problem solved.
  • Fabi1989Fabi1989 Posts: 112

You play Low Tier or?? Where you can beat every champ/Node with every Champ
    edited February 2019
    Fabi1989 wrote: »

You play Low Tier or?? Where you can beat every champ/Node with every Champ

That would be incorrect.

But you’re now quoting me out of context, I’m simply saying it’s not “unplayable” as people are carrying on about.

Plus as I’ve already said we run a BG with US, euro and Aussie players and it still works, haven’t had to change a thing.

• Fabi1989Fabi1989 Posts: 112
    You say change paths, but that isnt easy in Tier 1
    edited February 2019
    Fabi1989 wrote: »
    You say change paths, but that isnt easy in Tier 1

We often swap paths in tier 3 (same map) based on availability and defenders on specific paths.

Again, I’m simply saying it’s not “unplayable”.
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    I was originally pretty upset with the timings.
    matchups haven’t been that bad so far although last war there was about a 70 point war rating difference so whilst not ideal it’s nothing compared to what I have seen.
    What I have noticed however is that we have already semi adapted to our new time slots and tend to finish our BG’s with 2-3 hours to spare, both the alliances we have faced were similar and neither seemed to have many issues on getting through the nodes and paths.
    Alliance is predominantly U.S based with around a dozen or so Aussies so might be easier to work around then some others but I’m more inclined to see how this evolves then I was a couple of days ago, generally we fight in the 7-9 range though so I do understand it’s a little more complicated for others then it would be for our alliance.
    Only a small snapshot so far but I will say I think a few of us have jumped the gun a little in regards to the outrage that was in the immediate aftermath of the rollout, people are creatures of habit, changing the starting times may have shocked a fair amount of people into an immediate overreaction. My self included.
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    This is showing the US players what it's like to live in a non-US timezone.

When the daylight savings time switches back to the summer hours in the US means that AQ starts/ends when I'm asleep. I have one continuous day to complete my path and do not have the luxury of an overnight energy refill. So if the US players go to bed with links on my path still up then I'm either stuck or fighting against links.

This new war timeframe honestly is how I've had to play AQ for half of the year. It's part of my routine now. Does it suck? Yes. Is it the end of the world? No.

I also struggle with the AQ timings but over time you tend to work it out. Like you if my alliance sees my path unfinished with 6-7 hours to play people know they have to finish it off, just the way it is! Could count the times I’ve seen AQ finish on 2 hands but Atleast we have the option of starting it when we would like, I think that’s were most of the AW timing issues are coming from
  • Yes, AQ should have an extended window, basically like the OLD AW system had.
    Have an overall window of 5 days + 8 hrs in which to run 5x 24 hr AQ's. Let’s alliances around the world start their AQ time to fit their needs, without having day-5 truncated short.
    Funny how Kabam replied that making all Wars start/end at the exact same time would be too taxing on their servers, BUT the AQ ENDING time of each week is the EXACT SAME TIME for all alliances (doesn’t seem to be a problem on their servers for that one)
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    edited February 2019

not that simple.
    some people take a particular path cus they have the champs for it.
    if i send someone else there then they dont have the champs and cant to it without tooo many deaths.
    that option is not always as easy as it sounds.
    we assign peeps based on strength for paths.
    if we assign based on timezone then wrong peeps on wrong paths.
    by the time you get to T3 where you are most have many many many champs at r4 and r5 and can change to paths alot easier.
    around t5, t6, t7 where we are, our rosters are not as deep and we dont have as many champs to just take whatever path we feel like.

we need to kick and recruit to make this work?
    we are not going to kick people cus of timezones. that is not right.
    this has been said many many times by many many people in this thread.

what works for you does not always work for everyone.
    kabam need to make a system that works for everyone not for only 2% of alliances.

and i never said "unplayable"
    but what is required to be changed and done is beyond what we can be reasonably expected of all alliances.
    the change that has been made by kabam was well in excess of what needed to be done.
    you dont ifx a broken finger by amputating an arm. that just makes things worse.
    yes some people can function perfect with one arm. but its not something we should have to attempt to learn to do.
    MaatMan wrote: »

not that simple.
    some people take a particular path cus they have the champs for it.
    if i send someone else there then they dont have the champs and cant to it without tooo many deaths.
    that option is not always as easy as it sounds.
    we assign peeps based on strength for paths.
    if we assign based on timezone then wrong peeps on wrong paths.
    by the time you get to T3 where you are most have many many many champs at r4 and r5 and can change to paths alot easier.
    around t5, t6, t7 where we are, our rosters are not as deep and we dont have as many champs to just take whatever path we feel like.

we need to kick and recruit to make this work?
    we are not going to kick people cus of timezones. that is not right.
    this has been said many many times by many many people in this thread.

what works for you does not always work for everyone.
    kabam need to make a system that works for everyone not for only 2% of alliances.

and i never said "unplayable"
    but what is required to be changed and done is beyond what we can be reasonably expected of all alliances.
    the change that has been made by kabam was well in excess of what needed to be done.
    you dont ifx a broken finger by amputating an arm. that just makes things worse.
    yes some people can function perfect with one arm. but its not something we should have to attempt to learn to do.

If you didn’t say it was unplayable then you’re wasting our time because my post clearly wasn’t aimed at you then.