**May 8th - HOT FIX INCOMING**
Hey Summoners,
A Hot Fix will be pushed to all stores shortly. This will address a bug causing crashes on some iOS devices. Please keep an eye out and update when you're able.
Thank you!
Options

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• Options
    CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    Markg25 said:

I just keep checking this posts comments to see if they reverse this god awful decision. Please do the right thing Kabam before this content drops.

I’m going to be putting in a 90 day claim to the App Store if they don’t 👍🏼 Not spending money to pull & rank up champ to be told I can’t use them ... breaks the apple terms and conditions

A quick google will show you ....this could be worse than 12.0 🙈

Let us know how that works out.
  • Options
    Markg25 said:

CFree said:

Markg25 said:

I just keep checking this posts comments to see if they reverse this god awful decision. Please do the right thing Kabam before this content drops.

I’m going to be putting in a 90 day claim to the App Store if they don’t 👍🏼 Not spending money to pull & rank up champ to be told I can’t use them ... breaks the apple terms and conditions

Should work our fine as it’s linked to my credit card 👍🏼

Then you have no issues. Bully for you.
  • Options
    Markg25 said:

CFree said:

Markg25 said:

CFree said:

Markg25 said:

Should work our fine as it’s linked to my credit card 👍🏼

Then you have no issues. Bully for you.
    👍🏼 Thanks for your input now go and make the kabam teams coffee 😚
    You should be ecstatic, refund boy.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,275 ★★★★★
    CFree said:

All this talk about money, you don't need to spend. By the time you make it to Act 6, you have a decent amount of 5*s. Plain and simple. Reagrdless of whether you have all the best or not. If not, the whole roadblock idea is more sound because people are making it there with underdeveloped Accounts. Bottom line is, no one needs to spend. You get Champs from playing the game. The real issue is people want to do it the day it comes out, and don't want to wait. That's entirely possible. If you're sitting around waiting fot God Tier drops, then yes, you'll have to wait. Either way, all you need is 5*s and 6*s. The rest is just conjecture. Any Offer is just going to be attached to this with some anterior motive accusation.

Lol at their anterior motive.
    Congratulations! You found an unedited GW typo! XD
  • Options
    edited March 2019

CFree said:

All this talk about money, you don't need to spend. By the time you make it to Act 6, you have a decent amount of 5*s. Plain and simple. Reagrdless of whether you have all the best or not. If not, the whole roadblock idea is more sound because people are making it there with underdeveloped Accounts. Bottom line is, no one needs to spend. You get Champs from playing the game. The real issue is people want to do it the day it comes out, and don't want to wait. That's entirely possible. If you're sitting around waiting fot God Tier drops, then yes, you'll have to wait. Either way, all you need is 5*s and 6*s. The rest is just conjecture. Any Offer is just going to be attached to this with some anterior motive accusation.

Lol at their anterior motive.
    Congratulations! You found an unedited GW typo! XD
    That’s not a typo. That’s not knowing the phrase. (Like saying “mute point”.)
  • Options
    They're super rare. Usually means I was typing on my phone.
  • Options
    No, that was indeed a typo. I'm quite aware the saying is alterior. I have fat thumbs and a small keyboard. I try to catch them, but life goes on.
  • Options
    Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Bidzy7 said:

In all honesty i cant think of any other game that prevents progress based on rarity that can't be farmed.

I can think of a game that is accused of this all the time. This one. And every time it happens, the statement is that, yes, this has happened in the past before, but this time its different. This is just another time when it is different.

And in this case, I don't see it as preventing progress based on rarity that can't be farmed. People keep saying its all about luck, but I don't see this as having anything to do with luck. To assemble a small perfect team takes enormous luck, and since I don't have that kind of luck I assume that's impossible and forget about it immediately. Instead, my strategy is to assemble the widest, most diverse roster possible by trying to generate as many crystal openings as possible, and focusing those in directions I believe are statistically most likely to generate wide rosters. For example, I recently did an experiment of opening sixteen featured crystals in a row. I did that in part because at the time I didn't have almost any of the champs in the featured crystal. I don't think in terms of the one special lucky pull, so I don't value the crystal in terms of "god tier champs." I viewed it in terms of ability to generate new pulls, and decided to take a shot at it accordingly. I'm now pulling basics because I've shifted my strategy: I'm now perfectly fine with duplicating champs, because dups generate 6* shards and I'm trying to build up my 6* roster as quickly as is possible for my current playstyle.

None of these things is luck, none of these things relies on luck, and no matter how bad my luck is, anything within the reasonable realm of possibility wouldn't invalidate any of my gameplay strategies. Luck is great, but I don't need luck, and don't rely on luck. I rely on long term averages and efficiency.

Here's what luck means to me. Every 5* pull is either a new champ or a dup. All my new champs are great for me, because it means I can grind more or more efficiently in the arena. All my dups are great for me, because it means I get closer to my next 6* champ. If you locked all my 5* crystal openings to be Hulkbuster from now to the end of time, that would be horrible luck, and yet it would also mean every pull generated 6* shards, and then Hulkbuster would get maxed out and then every pull would generate a max signature crystal. I can live with that: I'd pour signature stones into Hulkbuster if I knew this would happen, to speed it along. Luck doesn't matter to me in the long run, because my playstyle insulates me from the worst downsides of random chance.

Maybe this is less about strategy and more about perspective. I choose to have a useful perspective.
    @DNA3000 well i already know this game hence why i said any other game :tongue:

I think you have misinterpreted my post. I'm not talking about having the so called "god tier" champions to be able to do the content. I am talking about specific champion requirements to pass certain content. I would have to disagree that its less about strategy.

It sounds like you have a big roster and therefore are not seeing the potential issue players will face when trying to do act 6 with this limitation.
    I will give you an example, this months monthly quest in the last quest on uncollected you have an Bio-shock/Nano Abomination. So here you need to bring a champion which is both bleed and poison immune but with the added nano node they also can't be a robot or will take shock damage instead of the poison you get for hitting him. Lets say this is limited to 5 and 6*. So what are my options ? Iceman ofc most obvious, we also have Dormammu and Emma Frost. Omega red also i guess ghost could be used if you play around using the phasing to purify. so that is a possible 5 champions out of 114 in the 5* pool atm. I have an iceman so that is what i will use to get past him. However like i said in my last post, I only pulled him recently after two years of him being introduced. So if there is similar fights in act 6 that have such a specific mechanic that to effectively get past it I would need certain champs how does that not make it luck based ?

also it seems like you are in a position to be able to grind out arena (5*) on top of completing all the content on a consistent basis. How long did it take to save up for 16 featured crystals ?
    I would say for me personally on average i can get 20,000 5* shards a month. In Order to open 16 featured's i would have to save for 12 months.
    I have 100% Act 5 and even done initial completion of variant. I would say i still use 4* to tackle certain challenges where my 5* roster is lacking. I have 48 5* champions and 4 6* champions, yet still have gaps in my roster to handle niche scenarios.
    so i would say for the majority of players who work their way through act 5 100% they will not be in a position at the end of that to have such large rosters that they will never need their 4* to overcome very specific nodes and match ups. Which means they will be waiting to pull a champion that can help them which is entirely based on luck.
  • Options

No, that was indeed a typo. I'm quite aware the saying is alterior. I have fat thumbs and a small keyboard. I try to catch them, but life goes on.

Thanks for proving my point.
  • Options
    CFree said:

Ulterior. Are we happy now, Officer Linguistics? Anything to add to the conversation?
  • Options
    Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

xNig said:

Tbh the ban isn’t a big deal. I don’t see anyone making noise about having to have wasted resources on their 3*s. 😂

The ban is a big deal. Especially for someone like me who managed to complete act 5 largely due to my GR(4*) + Blade synergy, my 4* Loki that wrecked Act 5 Ultron & 4* SL that swept through RoL.
    4*s are still very viable for end game content as it stands.
    Lol you won’t wanna bring 4*s into A6 really.. the only use for them there is synergy. And it sounds like your roster isn’t developed enough yet.

Have you completed, or explored, A5? It makes a lot of difference.
    I 100% act 5 with just 4* I can guarantee I’d be able to use them for non synergy purposes
  • Options
    CFree said:

CFree said:

Ulterior. Are we happy now, Officer Linguistics? Anything to add to the conversation?
    I’m good. Happy to have educated you.
    Lol. I'm tired. It happens.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Bidzy7 said:

DNA3000 said:

Bidzy7 said:

In all honesty i cant think of any other game that prevents progress based on rarity that can't be farmed.

I can think of a game that is accused of this all the time. This one. And every time it happens, the statement is that, yes, this has happened in the past before, but this time its different. This is just another time when it is different.

And in this case, I don't see it as preventing progress based on rarity that can't be farmed. People keep saying its all about luck, but I don't see this as having anything to do with luck. To assemble a small perfect team takes enormous luck, and since I don't have that kind of luck I assume that's impossible and forget about it immediately. Instead, my strategy is to assemble the widest, most diverse roster possible by trying to generate as many crystal openings as possible, and focusing those in directions I believe are statistically most likely to generate wide rosters. For example, I recently did an experiment of opening sixteen featured crystals in a row. I did that in part because at the time I didn't have almost any of the champs in the featured crystal. I don't think in terms of the one special lucky pull, so I don't value the crystal in terms of "god tier champs." I viewed it in terms of ability to generate new pulls, and decided to take a shot at it accordingly. I'm now pulling basics because I've shifted my strategy: I'm now perfectly fine with duplicating champs, because dups generate 6* shards and I'm trying to build up my 6* roster as quickly as is possible for my current playstyle.

None of these things is luck, none of these things relies on luck, and no matter how bad my luck is, anything within the reasonable realm of possibility wouldn't invalidate any of my gameplay strategies. Luck is great, but I don't need luck, and don't rely on luck. I rely on long term averages and efficiency.

Here's what luck means to me. Every 5* pull is either a new champ or a dup. All my new champs are great for me, because it means I can grind more or more efficiently in the arena. All my dups are great for me, because it means I get closer to my next 6* champ. If you locked all my 5* crystal openings to be Hulkbuster from now to the end of time, that would be horrible luck, and yet it would also mean every pull generated 6* shards, and then Hulkbuster would get maxed out and then every pull would generate a max signature crystal. I can live with that: I'd pour signature stones into Hulkbuster if I knew this would happen, to speed it along. Luck doesn't matter to me in the long run, because my playstyle insulates me from the worst downsides of random chance.

Maybe this is less about strategy and more about perspective. I choose to have a useful perspective.

I think you have misinterpreted my post. I'm not talking about having the so called "god tier" champions to be able to do the content. I am talking about specific champion requirements to pass certain content. I would have to disagree that its less about strategy.

It sounds like you have a big roster and therefore are not seeing the potential issue players will face when trying to do act 6 with this limitation.
    I will give you an example, this months monthly quest in the last quest on uncollected you have an Bio-shock/Nano Abomination. So here you need to bring a champion which is both bleed and poison immune but with the added nano node they also can't be a robot or will take shock damage instead of the poison you get for hitting him. Lets say this is limited to 5 and 6*. So what are my options ? Iceman ofc most obvious, we also have Dormammu and Emma Frost. Omega red also i guess ghost could be used if you play around using the phasing to purify. so that is a possible 5 champions out of 114 in the 5* pool atm. I have an iceman so that is what i will use to get past him. However like i said in my last post, I only pulled him recently after two years of him being introduced. So if there is similar fights in act 6 that have such a specific mechanic that to effectively get past it I would need certain champs how does that not make it luck based ?

also it seems like you are in a position to be able to grind out arena (5*) on top of completing all the content on a consistent basis. How long did it take to save up for 16 featured crystals ?
    I would say for me personally on average i can get 20,000 5* shards a month. In Order to open 16 featured's i would have to save for 12 months.
    I have 100% Act 5 and even done initial completion of variant. I would say i still use 4* to tackle certain challenges where my 5* roster is lacking. I have 48 5* champions and 4 6* champions, yet still have gaps in my roster to handle niche scenarios.
    so i would say for the majority of players who work their way through act 5 100% they will not be in a position at the end of that to have such large rosters that they will never need their 4* to overcome very specific nodes and match ups. Which means they will be waiting to pull a champion that can help them which is entirely based on luck.
    With 48 5* Champs and 4 6* Champs, there is most definitely something you can use in Act 6. People need to move past the mindset that there are a few ideal Champs that can be used, and the rest are filler. Are there some that won't be much use? Sure. That doesn't mean that everything outside of the norm is no good.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,256 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Tbh the ban isn’t a big deal. I don’t see anyone making noise about having to have wasted resources on their 3*s. 😂

The ban is a big deal. Especially for someone like me who managed to complete act 5 largely due to my GR(4*) + Blade synergy, my 4* Loki that wrecked Act 5 Ultron & 4* SL that swept through RoL.
    Lol you won’t wanna bring 4*s into A6 really.. the only use for them there is synergy. And it sounds like your roster isn’t developed enough yet.

I 100% act 5 with just 4* I can guarantee I’d be able to use them for non synergy purposes
    You’re a fresh Level 60 with 1 R5. A6 isn’t made for you.
  • Options
    xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Are you looking at the pi of the champs 30k is easy so why isn’t it made for me enlighten me
  • Options
    axelelf_1 said:

Bidzy7 said:

DNA3000 said:

Bidzy7 said:

With 48 5* Champs and 4 6* Champs, there is most definitely something you can use in Act 6. People need to move past the mindset that there are a few ideal Champs that can be used, and the rest are filler.
    The point is across the block and a couple doors down. I ranked up 4*s instead of 5*s because I would never r4 the 5*s. Why would I do this? because they’ve continuously said that 4*s will be viable for all content. That, apparently, was a lie and I used tons of resources because of it.

And I’m not even including what it does for synergy, which was also a main target.

It’s about money, plain and simple, and you denying it just invalidates any opinions you have as blindly biased.
    When did they say 4* would be viable for all content?
  • Options
    axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    CFree said:

axelelf_1 said:

Bidzy7 said:

DNA3000 said:

Bidzy7 said:

With 48 5* Champs and 4 6* Champs, there is most definitely something you can use in Act 6. People need to move past the mindset that there are a few ideal Champs that can be used, and the rest are filler.
    The point is across the block and a couple doors down. I ranked up 4*s instead of 5*s because I would never r4 the 5*s. Why would I do this? because they’ve continuously said that 4*s will be viable for all content. That, apparently, was a lie and I used tons of resources because of it.

And I’m not even including what it does for synergy, which was also a main target.

It’s about money, plain and simple, and you denying it just invalidates any opinions you have as blindly biased.
    When did they say 4* would be viable for all content?
    Yeah, I’m not digging to defend that statement but it was when 6*s were announced and there was an uproar about 4*s being non viable.
  • Options
    Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Are you looking at the pi of the champs 30k is easy so why isn’t it made for me enlighten me
    The fact that you’re complaining about it coupled with your account just says that you don’t have the roster depth for it.
  • Options
    xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

Kobster84 said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

The fact that you’re complaining about it coupled with your account just says that you don’t have the roster depth for it.
    The fact is I’d have the skill to do it but due to not having the 4* I’m lacking a lot of the niche counters that’s my point
  • Options
    And to add to my previous comment,

Act 6 was designed for players with multiple 5* R5s and a deep deep 5* R4/6* roster.

Going in with 4*s is not wise and will most probably cost you more than you’re prepared to spend. Afterwhich people with underdeveloped rosters will just scream money grab.

It’s not “30k PI is easy”. It’s “30k PI WITH nodes on”. I could go on further but wait till it’s out then I’ll comment.
  • Options
    xNig said:

And to add to my previous comment,

Act 6 was designed for players with multiple 5* R5s and a deep deep 5* R4/6* roster.

Going in with 4*s is not wise and will most probably cost you more than you’re prepared to spend. Afterwhich people with underdeveloped rosters will just scream money grab.

It’s not “30k PI is easy”. It’s “30k PI WITH nodes on”. I could go on further but wait till it’s out then I’ll comment.

So if I can takedown a 22k ultron stun immune with an 800 starlord I’ll struggle using a 6-7k champ against a 30k champ