**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Witness the Great Revival! Act 6 Chapter 1 - Coming March 13th

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

xNig said:

OR generates buffs? I don’t have him so not very sure of his mechanics as an attacker.

No, at r5 max sig 10% of his degeneration is enough to solo Map 7 caustic temper fights
    Ah makes sense. So it’s just brute forcing through the node, which arguably can be done with a lot of since it’s 90% less damage (not 100% like Buffed Up). It does make it a hell of an irritating fight though.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

xNig said:

Any advice and tips on Caustic Temper besides Hulk? The main pain in the butt is DS.

Poison immunity with Heimdall & Angela/Hela synergy for permanent fury
    DS will be able to counterspell it, no?
    Well if DS is on that path then there is literally no counter to all the parts of that fight. You can try and use duped Angela and I think Hela has a synergy to help prevent buffs from being nullified but they’ll be poisoned. Using Hulk or Abom as mentioned can get their buffs nullified. You can try and use an AAR champ like CB but once again DS can nullify his buffs. You can use a non science, poison immune, buff generating champ like Hype or Medusa but again, Counterspell, not to mention split atom and class disadvantage. Just sounds like an impossible fight to counter unless you can maybe shut off his Counterspell. Maybe a champ in the future will be released that’s designed to counter that fight.
    V1PER1987 said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Any advice and tips on Caustic Temper besides Hulk? The main pain in the butt is DS.

Well if DS is on that path then there is literally no counter to all the parts of that fight. You can try and use duped Angela and I think Hela has a synergy to help prevent buffs from being nullified but they’ll be poisoned. Using Hulk or Abom as mentioned can get their buffs nullified. You can try and use an AAR champ like CB but once again DS can nullify his buffs. You can use a non science, poison immune, buff generating champ like Hype or Medusa but again, Counterspell, not to mention split atom and class disadvantage. Just sounds like an impossible fight to counter unless you can maybe shut off his Counterspell. Maybe a champ in the future will be released that’s designed to counter that fight.
    Yeah I agree. But it’s a lot more manageable than it was initially. In the beta, DS can also be found on the Buffed Up path, together with Shatter. I tried all combinations to get him down but the max I got him to was 90%. Lol (I don’t have a Thing).
    xNig said:

V1PER1987 said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Yeah I agree. But it’s a lot more manageable than it was initially. In the beta, DS can also be found on the Buffed Up path, together with Shatter. I tried all combinations to get him down but the max I got him to was 90%. Lol (I don’t have a Thing).
    Seems like She Hulk and Thing would be perfect counters, if only their furies weren’t passive. Although I guess technically She Hulk would still be subject to Counterspell. Shatter sounds like a nightmare.
    V1PER1987 said:

xNig said:

V1PER1987 said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Seems like She Hulk and Thing would be perfect counters, if only their furies weren’t passive. Although I guess technically She Hulk would still be subject to Counterspell. Shatter sounds like a nightmare.
    Yeah. I tried duped Angela. The moment her buffs came up you lost like 1/3 life.

Tried OML, the moment you go berserk you will die.. so....

Thank god that fight was removed.
    xNig said:

V1PER1987 said:

xNig said:

V1PER1987 said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Yeah. I tried duped Angela. The moment her buffs came up you lost like 1/3 life.

Yeah, yikes. This may be a bit of a bad counter, but there’s no real good counter. I know he’s a little newer but could try Ægon. He can shrug off poison, although split atom will still suck. DS’ Counterspell typically takes a second or two to kick in, so you could potentially either get a combo off before it triggers (assuming he has 300 hits) or he could do an enhanced heavy attack mid combo, hopefully getting hit to trigger fury, and then finish the heavy or chain into an L2. Option 1 seems much safer.
    V1PER1987 said:

xNig said:

V1PER1987 said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

V1PER1987 said:

xNig said:

V1PER1987 said:

xNig said:

V1PER1987 said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Yeah, yikes. This may be a bit of a bad counter, but there’s no real good counter. I know he’s a little newer but could try Ægon. He can shrug off poison, although split atom will still suck. DS’ Counterspell typically takes a second or two to kick in, so you could potentially either get a combo off before it triggers (assuming he has 300 hits) or he could do an enhanced heavy attack mid combo, hopefully getting hit to trigger fury, and then finish the heavy or chain into an L2. Option 1 seems much safer.
    Haha. Doesn’t matter. Thank god it didn’t make it live else I could hear phones smashing all around the world lol
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Finished Act 6 last night. It wasn't that bad but It would have sooo much easier if I could use the Ghost/Wasp and OR/Sabreman synergies.
    xNig said:

V1PER1987 said:

xNig said:

V1PER1987 said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

V1PER1987 said:

xNig said:

V1PER1987 said:

xNig said:

V1PER1987 said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Haha. Doesn’t matter. Thank god it didn’t make it live else I could hear phones smashing all around the world lol
    I was trying to think of another counter for the live fight. DS is still live right?
    V1PER1987 said:

xNig said:

V1PER1987 said:

xNig said:

V1PER1987 said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

V1PER1987 said:

xNig said:

V1PER1987 said:

xNig said:

V1PER1987 said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

I was trying to think of another counter for the live fight. DS is still live right?
    Oh. Different DS. The one you’re talking about is the one on Caustic Temper + Split Atom.
    xNig said:

V1PER1987 said:

xNig said:

V1PER1987 said:

xNig said:

V1PER1987 said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

V1PER1987 said:

xNig said:

V1PER1987 said:

xNig said:

V1PER1987 said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Oh. Different DS. The one you’re talking about is the one on Caustic Temper + Split Atom.
    Yes that one. Couldn’t Ægon potentially counter? He’ll still have weakness but he may be able to do it
  • ThespusThespus Posts: 45

Suggestions on my best options for Cb or the biohazard sentinel in 6.1.2?

Suggestions for act 6? Who could handle the Cb fight?
    I 100 percent completed act 5 a year ago and I’ve been super patient waiting over a year with both hard work and spending and yet I don’t see strong options in my massive roster without getting to round out my roster with a few god tier 5*s. My “patience” has worn thin. Idiots who think the 4* ban doesn’t matter basically belittle the amount of work many of us did to build our rosters. Hope that kabam foxes this soon or I swear I’m walking and kabam loses at least a grand a year just from losing me....
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I don't believe anyone made the argument that it doesn't matter. At least not that I've read. I think the main argument is that there is a very important reason for it. Naturally, it matters to people who have to make an effort to adapt to it, but that is really not different than any other new challenge that comes where people aren't immediately prepared.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Thespus said:

I 100 percent completed act 5 a year ago and I’ve been super patient waiting over a year with both hard work and spending and yet I don’t see strong options in my massive roster without getting to round out my roster with a few god tier 5*s. My “patience” has worn thin. Idiots who think the 4* ban doesn’t matter basically belittle the amount of work many of us did to build our rosters. Hope that kabam foxes this soon or I swear I’m walking and kabam loses at least a grand a year just from losing me....

This would seem to significantly devalue any attempt to roster strategize.
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom
    6:11PM
    I don't believe anyone made the argument that it doesn't matter. At least not that I've read. I think the main argument is that there is a very important reason for it. Naturally, it matters to people who have to make an effort to adapt to it, but that is really not different than any other new challenge that comes where people aren't immediately prepared.

Well, when we were warned a week before act 6 opened, I’m not sure how prepared one could be.
    DNA 300

What strategy is there for overcoming persistent bad rng?
    Thespus said:

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom
    6:11PM

Well, when we were warned a week before act 6 opened, I’m not sure how prepared one could be.

What would be the point of having a progress gate if people were given all the time they needed to prepare? That wouldn't be a gate at all. More like a peforated curtain.
    81 5 and 6* champs. Of the 45 or so left for me to acquire nearly half are the god tier or at least the ones that are powerful bleed immune. I’m not asking for much. Throw me a Luke Cage and I’ll have something to at least work with. Lol.
    Sentinel? GR? Ms? Any bleed immune I can awaken who can do damage...... or let me use my 4*s
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Thespus said:

DNA 300

What strategy is there for overcoming persistent bad rng?

I was commenting on the fact that first you asked for help, then asserted you were going to quit the game. That should seem to decrease the chance that anyone would invest any of their time trying to help you.

And the strategy I use for overcoming "persistent bad RNG" is to optimize my play to open more crystals, and to pick crystals that maximize the chances I will grow my roster in the directions I want, whether that is to gain new champions or duplicate existing champions. On a time scale of years, it seems to have worked out for me.

DorkLessons Dave just posted a video regarding how he intends to shift his grinding strategy that actually mirrors something I mentioned a while ago about Cavalier crystals: they alter the value of units, and that alters the optimum strategy for grinding arena based on the amount of time you have. That sort of thought process has governed my play since the beginning, going back to how I valued the 3* arena back in the day. We all ultimately play under the same random lootbox limitations, but that doesn't mean we are only at their mercy. Some of us surrender to the notion that they have no control, and some of us take control.

Resource management, and playing time is a resource, is an important part of the game. Players that don't do this well are set back just as much as players that don't intercept well.
    edited March 2019
    Okay dude. But I doubt that anyone has opened more 5*s than I have grinding out resources. I tend to reach end of milestones in 3 arenas and average 6 5* pulls a month. I have. A second account that I never put that much work into and it just pulls better champs than my main account does. I think I’ve been pretty effective at taking control, managing resources, completing content, choosing offers. None of it matters if you keep pulling Groot and collossus. I also believe most people would have quit by now if they had my champs given the amount of time, money, effort has been put in. I’ve been around the block and I see those with good luck and those with bad. Mine has been bad but I keep beating content anyway. But, that’s only true because it’s been possible to grind out top 4*s. Top 5*s are NOT easy for me to come by (and by top I don’t even mean the elite champs, I mean the above average ones). But, pretend you know how I play, how I use my resources.... blame me. I understand why you do so. But, you’re wrong.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    ^^^ I've pulled 20 5* champs since New Years. I'm a F2P player and have never touched 5* featured arena and stopped doing dungeons.

It does suck when those 20 champs are Loki, OG Cap Marvel, Xbones, Khan, Phoenix, and 6* Blackbolt. However, those pulls also included Korg, Iceman, Wasp & dupe, and Spidergwen (it sucked at the time because it was before the buff). My point is that more pulls = better chance of eventually getting something useful.
    And before you call me a basement-dwelling kid with hours of spare time, please know I also work a 9-5 job and have 2 kids along with a house to maintain.
    This content is designed to force players with "bad luck" to look deeper into their rosters if they are unwilling to wait. Yes I do have a Blade and Voodoo to carry me through a lot of fights, but I also used some non-typical champs quite a bit as well. Yondu was my go to for Sabretooth. Angela and Hela were my "synergy team" and provided some legitimate fire power of their own. I even brought my Jane Foster along for one trial run (it didn't work so I restarted without her).
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    Thespus said:

Okay dude. But I doubt that anyone has opened more 5*s than I have grinding out resources. I tend to reach end of milestones in 3 arenas and average 6 5* pulls a month. I have. A second account that I never put that much work into and it just pulls better champs than my main account does. I think I’ve been pretty effective at taking control, managing resources, completing content, choosing offers. None of it matters if you keep pulling Groot and collossus. I also believe most people would have quit by now if they had my champs given the amount of time, money, effort has been put in. I’ve been around the block and I see those with good luck and those with bad. Mine has been bad but I keep beating content anyway. But, that’s only true because it’s been possible to grind out top 4*s. Top 5*s are NOT easy for me to come by (and by top I don’t even mean the elite champs, I mean the above average ones). But, pretend you know how I play, how I use my resources.... blame me. I understand why you do so. But, you’re wrong.

Screen shot champs bud! I bet you have some hidden gems in there

edited March 2019
    never said I don’t have any good champs. Just that my immunity options suck and that playing through biohazard Cb will cost me a lot more than those who have had better luck. I’d be better off using 4*s

I’ll probably end up using suicides, boosting fully, and paying my way through using ultron and nebula who both hit like toddlers.
    You have a Morningstar... stopped looking further down your roster after that.
    xNigxNig
    11:21PM
    You have a Morningstar... stopped looking further down your roster after that.

Notuped. Can you ramp her up unduped? I’ve never been able to.
    L3 I believe, no?