**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hitting into block being countered by specials. [Merged Threads]

MrE6913MrE6913 Posts: 17
edited April 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
Cannot hit into blocks anymore. Somehow the AI will launch a special or Dex while doing a 3 or 4 hit combo into a block. For reference I'm using OR and keeping spores on/trying to break block and I'm getting smashed in the face with specials.
Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Comments

• MrE6913MrE6913 Posts: 17
    I tried to upload a quick video with DU Recorder but it says file type not supported.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Was just about to post this, I’ve seen the same issue using Omega Red as well. Haven’t been able to record because it’s difficult to reproduce the bug but the AI can dash out or use specials in the middle of Omega Red hitting into their block. It sounds like a frame issue that others are facing with this patch, and Omega’s tentacle attacks are a bit slower than other champion attacks so he seems to be one of the most affected.

For reference I’m using an iPhone XS.
    I have a video and submitted a ticket I reproduced it perfectly. I guess you can't post video here?
  • webtswxwebtswx Posts: 192

Was just about to post this, I’ve seen the same issue using Omega Red as well. Haven’t been able to record because it’s difficult to reproduce the bug but the AI can dash out or use specials in the middle of Omega Red hitting into their block. It sounds like a frame issue that others are facing with this patch, and Omega’s tentacle attacks are a bit slower than other champion attacks so he seems to be one of the most affected.

For reference I’m using an iPhone XS.

agreed. while using omega red, this happened to me as well. other champions are fine
  • Oswaldo72383Oswaldo72383 Posts: 249
    Happened to me as well
    I've made a post on Reddit with a clip of it happening if anyone would like to see it. Same title as this post.
  • Been happening to me since Sinister was released. Omega user. First noticed it in war vs a sinister. I just assumed I needed to be more careful lol
  • BrowsBrows Posts: 41
    This is happening for me as well, I definitely noticed it with Omega Red but it may have been others. Had them pinned against the wall and launch a 1-4 hits into their block and they would fire off a special mid combo.

I picked a terrible time to go for uncollected, oops.
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    Happening to everyone. Mid combo they dea or Sp.
    @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Zibiit has this bug been acknowledged anywhere yet? I haven’t seen any megathreads or admin comments so I’m assuming not. Omega red seems to be the worst offender this bug occurs to. In war today where the AI is more aggressive, it was happening almost everytime I hit into their block. I know there’s a bunch of other bugs being worked on but hope to get the devs aware sooner than later for the next patch/hotfix.
  • Zoranabc201Zoranabc201 Posts: 26
    This is also affecting me with Masacre and has made my top champ more or less unusable since the update rolled out.
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    Been happening a fair amount to me too. This happened a lot against 2.2 Variant Modok he would auto block then fire a special when he should be locked in place or if he has released his block then i should be connecting during a combo. did 4 fights with different champs and all got hit with this.
    Also noticing it quite a few times with omega red, although could be because i have been playing him a lot recently so that's why i am seeing it. but i have pretty much experienced it on most champs i usually play since the update
  • deaddead Posts: 10
    I have experienced this quite often as well. Happens most frequently with omega red, but have noticed it with others, such as corvus glaive and medusa.
  • Still happened with today's update 22.1.1
    Hitting into opponent block (he was NOT one that can evade), and between hits 3 and 4 the opponent suddenly fired off his SP3.
  • TachyonShadowTachyonShadow Posts: 118
    Happened to me as well while doing invade path in uc so what is the point of the node when we can get countered when using it for our advantage as was intended
  • Boomfiend527__Boomfiend527__ Posts: 89

I've experienced this as well.

2. You'd hit into his block and he'd try to attack. Since the player was already attacking, this would appear as a dropped block on Modok's part, meaning he'd block the first 2 hits and then start receiving hits mid-combo.

This happened to me twice in war (giving up 2 kills)
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    If someone can tell me how to add a video it’s really bad LOL

Need more patches
    This has NOT been fixed in 22.1.1
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Yeah I’ve just experienced this too, building charges with my sentinel then I was suddenly hit with a special attack.
    Pushing opponents to S2 is a pretty common strategy and attacking into block was a way to do it.
    Not to mention using sentinel+masacre relies quite heavily on attacking into block.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    rwhack said:

If someone can tell me how to add a video it’s really bad LOL

Need more patches

im not sure this is a bug but it may be. We can do that as well.
  • DaileyDailey Posts: 283 ★★
    I agree as breaking block is just killing me ....what is going on ! Is this a bug Kabam or are they changes permanent. I am ready to hang it up on all of these bugs.
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 644 ★★★★
    The AI has now started throwing specials in the middle of getting their blocks hit. This is extremely troubling. Hitting blocks is a huge strategy especially against champs like Thing.
  • MCOCsucksMCOCsucks Posts: 39
    That input lag is something else. You can literally see your champ sit there like he is thinking if he wants to obey you hitting the special button. Fun times.
This discussion has been closed.