Hitting into block being countered by specials. [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Akkarin23Akkarin23 Member Posts: 100
    I have the same question.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,256 Guardian
    Search the other posts, plenty of commentary about this new bug.
  • DrPepper_75DrPepper_75 Member Posts: 126
    after every update I notice game play change, takes a few days to adjust.
  • DshuDshu Member Posts: 1,504 ★★★★
    I'd just like opponents to stop holding block for half the fight. Makes using void or quake the best option with the highly defensive opponents I'm seeing since the update prior to this one
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Member Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    DJSergy said:

It really sucks for Omega and Masacre

Don’t forget about ÆGON
    Also sentinel
  • Thanos_CarThanos_Car Member Posts: 298
    edited April 2019
    When you are hitting into the opponents block, sometimes, with the new update, the ai will automatically throw a special attack if they have enough power, and leave you defenseless because you are hitting into their block when they throw it.

I was doing my last runs of 5.4 when this happened, i do not have any video evidence as of yet, but really that shouldnt matter. Especially when using champs that benefit from hitting into blocks, like corvus and darkhawk, who i was using both at the time, this bug can really mess you up, and cause you to use much more revives than you would normally need.

The fight where this happened was against a kingpin in 5.4.6 but ive had it happen in a few other fights aswell.

Please fix this asap, thanks in advance.

(If this was actually a planned AI improvement and not an actual bug, then that really is just extremely stupid and really ruins the fight and the game as a whole.)
  • FrankmcocFrankmcoc Member Posts: 148
    Still happening

I mean We can’t launch a sp1 or sp2 against the computer when blocking....so why can computer do it against us
  • HaminHamin Member Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Is the AI having free reign to do whatever they want during a block part of the new meta?
  • StellarStellar Member Posts: 1,082 ★★★★
    Same problem here whatever the defender we are figthing !
    Ronan 6 stars destroyed me in a mission prime by doing its SP1 while hitting his guard

All this bugs (non punishable champions after their SP, SP in the middle of our attack, AI reacting strangely fast in comparison with the earlier version ...) make the upper tiers of the game (GA tiers 5 +, QA 5+, QE uncollected, Act 6, Variant) begin to cost us a lot of reanimation, energy, healing and make this game really frustrating
  • Ace_QuillAce_Quill Member Posts: 57
    As someone who uses omega red I am getting sick of this bug
  • HaminHamin Member Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Ace_Quill said:

As someone who uses omega red I am getting sick of this bug

Yeah, it's pissing me off with my Masacre.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Member Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Unfortunately I did not get a video but while fighting debuff immune Medusa with corvus in aw I hit into her block and she threw her sp2 mid block
  • JohnDoe89JohnDoe89 Member Posts: 70
    edited April 2019
    yeah my 5* Carnage doesn't even knock down the defender after finishing his SP1 sometimes allowing me to get raked for no reason
  • KattohSKattohS Member Posts: 717 ★★
    Throwing specials, jumping out of heavies (capt marvel scissor kick). Not sure how you evade that after getting hit by the first two. And I’m noticing a lot more lag especially when dominating a fight.

RNG I guess.
  • TheEducationTheEducation Member Posts: 93
    They do it mid-block string and mid-combo (normally between the 2nd and 3rd hit). It is my favorite part of this update so far. I'm getting to do so much more ROL.
  • Savio444Savio444 Member Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    These AI are so annoying, this archangel just standing in the corner blocking. I’m hitting Into his block and just throws a sp1 which put 1 bleed. That drained all my health. I have all a lot of good champs for this variant unlike the last variant but the thing that’s getting me this time is the bugs...cant just have a good time.

• DraenathDraenath Member Posts: 237
    Any update?
  • GregorGregor Member Posts: 25
    Just happened to me again, this is unplayable.
    Getting silly deaths in every game mode.
    With Ômega Red as one of my main attackers, he suffers a lot for not being able to hit into blocks and build spores. Please Kabam, fix your game already. It's been way too long since the bug was initially reported.
    And now AQ has started - where is the fix?
  • Jemster519Jemster519 Member Posts: 210 ★★
    Gregor said:

With Ômega Red as one of my main attackers, he suffers a lot for not being able to hit into blocks and build spores. Please Kabam, fix your game already. It's been way too long since the bug was initially reported.

This may not be a bug. They may have changed the way the AI plays again. They have been doing this regularly without notice.

Fist time I noticed an AI change was when I was not getting a Parry of the start of the fight because the AI is just not trying to hit you to start the fight like they use to. Not all fight but most.

Next AI change was the AI hitting a five hit combo twice.

Now it is them hitting you with a special when you are hitting them when they are blocking. They bounce out of the block and get you. We can't even do that quick enough as players.

With the lack of feedback we have been getting on these so called issues, we have to consider that this change is by designed. They have made this AI change on purpose and do not know how to deal with the complaints.
  • GregorGregor Member Posts: 25
    edited April 2019

Gregor said:

This may not be a bug. They may have changed the way the AI plays again. They have been doing this regularly without notice.

Fist time I noticed an AI change was when I was not getting a Parry of the start of the fight because the AI is just not trying to hit you to start the fight like they use to. Not all fight but most.

Next AI change was the AI hitting a five hit combo twice.

Now it is them hitting you with a special when you are hitting them when they are blocking. They bounce out of the block and get you. We can't even do that quick enough as players.

With the lack of feedback we have been getting on these so called issues, we have to consider that this change is by designed. They have made this AI change on purpose and do not know how to deal with the complaints.
    There's something called block stun. It's a defined time the champion freezes while it's taking blocked hits. That's why you can't Dex away in the middle of an enemy's combo onto your block. It's part of the fighting mechanism of the game. You can't start any action before this goes away, even throwing a special is impossible.
    That's not what's happening to the AI. It's not only firing specials but also dexing away mid combo. And you know it's a bug because of the timming a 5 hit combo takes to develop: even though there's no delayed hit to open a window, the AI is just dexing/firing specials in a way players can't.
  • Prime_Saviour02Prime_Saviour02 Member Posts: 71
    Any update?

Or is this another case of, it lines kabams pockets so won't get sorted for months
  • TzoDauTzoDau Member Posts: 21
    This is begining to get more and more ridiculous every month....Kabam are you able to test your new versions before releasing them? or are you just enjoying to make this community suffer from these annoying bugs?
    It happens way to often to hit into the AI's block and all of sudded between hit no 3 and 4 or between hit no 2 and 3....they throw a special attack and you are dead....
    Who will compensate us for al the resources we need to sped in order to complete your bugged challenges?
    Who will give us back our wasted time?
  • TzoDauTzoDau Member Posts: 21
    This is happening way too freaking often!!!!
  • Eugene_VirtuosoEugene_Virtuoso Member Posts: 371
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos So what's the update for all these bugs? This has been a terrible month. I fail to understand how the Uncollected Modok just stands in the corner holding block as his forcefield reforms when he is not on a defensive node. Why test our intelligence with all these unannounced changes? Champions countering mid combo, The INSANE dash forward after sp3, can no longer counter Sentinel's sp1, Loki's sp2, X23's sp2... What is up with that?
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Member Posts: 471 ★★★
    I wonder about this mechanic. In terms of interaction why would AI controlled characters have a different set of rules then players. We get block locked but the AI doesn't. How does a function like that accidentally make it's way into the game. In theory both attackers and defenders should have the same fighting mechanics. But block lock is now magically turned off for defenders.
  • Jemster519Jemster519 Member Posts: 210 ★★
    Just not fun to play anymore. More frustrating than anything else. I just try a duel where I held my block and was able to bounce out of it and hit the opponent. This is so wrong. Changing the way the game is played with no notice. I really do think that this was a planned change to make us lose. All the nodes and crazy new champ abilities to have the same affect and now this. If it was a bug or a game issue, it would have been addressed by now. "No comment" means there is more going on that we will never know.
  • Savio444Savio444 Member Posts: 1,781 ★★★★

Any update?

Or is this another case of, it lines kabams pockets so won't get sorted for months

If we could use specials while we block an attack. It would have been fixed an hour after it was a thing.
    When is the update to fix this?
This discussion has been closed.