**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

On the new 5* crystal announcement

Comments

• AlphadogAlphadog Posts: 1
    This is for the all the people who say. " no one made you buy the offer"... no one makes you buy anything on this game. You buy it because you want too. Most the people who say that might have spent $2k at best the whole time playing. If 10,000 people spent 2k that's only 20 mil. That's not enough to keep a company like this in business. The people who have spent 50k on this game even if just a 1000 of them, are the people who keep this company going. The offer was looked at buy the ones who bought it as a way to gain a feature or by someone who hasn't been able to pull one a chance to actually have one. I know guys who are 0/9 and 0/12 on a feature. This was a guarantee for them. Kabam knew damn good and well that they were fixing to start putting these feature champs in the crystals and just wanted to make a quick buck by dropping that deal.

You take 60k shards that gives you 4 chances at a feature. With no better odds then going for the same damn fighter that's in a regular crystal, but now you can buy 6 instead of 4. Odds are better doing it that way.

Simple fact kabam took a **** on the people who actually make this company money. They have never taken care of the people that make this company money and all you that drop your little dime in should respect the guys who do spent big because without them you wouldn't have this game to play.
  • BlackhawkbillBlackhawkbill Posts: 117
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Anyone playing this game for a long time should expect sudden announcements like these. It just another day in MCOC.

This....as I stated before history repeats itself. Anyone playing this game for even a year (nonetheless 2) should come to expect and/or assume that with any of the higher dollar purchases, some disappointment will come in one form or another.

And again I get people can do whatever they want with their money...but....BUT....in a time like this where multiple aspects of the game are severely broken and the playerbase continues to spend like they do...ask yourselves why Kabam doesn't have quick turnaround on their fixes? Why should they?! It's a best case scenario!! They're making money hand over fist while providing a BROKEN product lol!

I guess my point is maybe the players w a seemingly endless bank account should be a little more cautious and put in a little more thought before typing in their Itunes password for every damn offer that pops up....
  • dorkpool wrote: »
    So how about the non-top alliance folks​, you know most people, who have to wait months for the next 5* crystal. It's takes forever just to dupe with the current odds. So now the chance to dupe is practically zero, and will only get worse every month. This whole rewards system, not just this 5* thing, does nothing but help the rich get richer. There's no chance a person joining today will ever be able to build the roster to get to tier Alliance or 100% LOL. Especially since you basically needed a duped 5* Star Lord to do it, you have zero chance of ever getting him now with this new system.

I started my post off by saying this change is good for the longevity of the game, im not a whale by any means. I would call myself a mid/high tier player. Definitely not on the level of many of the names i see here. This benefits me greatly and im excited for the change.

That being said, it was really shady for them to offer the 500$ deal. The fact they are changing the system shows they know its broken. More notice would have been great, but instead of informing their player base last week or earlier, they chose to formulate one more deal to maximize profit.

We should know better as players, but that doesn't make their actions acceptable. Last week that was a good deal for the spenders looking for a trophy champ, today 90% would not buy the same deal.

It was a shady business decision.
  • Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 213 ★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    So "animal sacrifice" is the key phrase?

DZ
    Exactly lol. I reread what I posted and I didn't take time to go back and put it all together. Was in a hurry to get out the door haha.
  • RvzRvz Posts: 179 ★★
    we can assume that the cost of 5* crystals will be the same and no new ways of earning 5* shards will be made available right?
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Rvz wrote: »
    we can assume that the cost of 5* crystals will be the same and no new ways of earning 5* shards will be made available right?

We can only hope there will be changes made there.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    This is a symptom, not the disease. It's interesting how we have come to accept the double dash evade and parry issues, for me this is also a symptom of the disease
    Mcord11758 wrote: »
    This is a symptom, not the disease. It's interesting how we have come to accept the double dash evade and parry issues, for me this is also a symptom of the disease

I don't think anyone has accepted the double dash evade, but kabam is telling us they can't fix it without a major update. Seems like something their great and ever growing beta team should have caught though.
    Alphadog wrote: »
    This is for the all the people who say. " no one made you buy the offer"... no one makes you buy anything on this game. You buy it because you want too. Most the people who say that might have spent $2k at best the whole time playing. If 10,000 people spent 2k that's only 20 mil. That's not enough to keep a company like this in business. The people who have spent 50k on this game even if just a 1000 of them, are the people who keep this company going. The offer was looked at buy the ones who bought it as a way to gain a feature or by someone who hasn't been able to pull one a chance to actually have one. I know guys who are 0/9 and 0/12 on a feature. This was a guarantee for them. Kabam knew damn good and well that they were fixing to start putting these feature champs in the crystals and just wanted to make a quick buck by dropping that deal.

You take 60k shards that gives you 4 chances at a feature. With no better odds then going for the same damn fighter that's in a regular crystal, but now you can buy 6 instead of 4. Odds are better doing it that way.

Simple fact kabam took a **** on the people who actually make this company money. They have never taken care of the people that make this company money and all you that drop your little dime in should respect the guys who do spent big because without them you wouldn't have this game to play.

I said it once and I will say it again. Hell I might as well post. A quote with it too lol.

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

Learn from the past.
  • Pry22Pry22 Posts: 136
    Sith_Lord wrote: »
    As a player who has went for many featured 5* heroes, popping anywhere from 3-5 crystals on each one I was going for (I did luck out & miss on a few), the only thing I see wrong with this, is the order they're being released in. They should have started with Venom, as he was the very first featured 5* champ to be introduced, along with the 5 that came after him. No way that it should have been skipped all the way up to Mordo & Loki being added into the regular 5* crystals before the first 5 that were released, when they both came into the contest much, much later. That is the only thing I feel is wrong with this.

Yea agree, its going to be really hard to dupe a 5* with this new system.
    Alphadog wrote: »

I said it once and I will say it again. Hell I might as well post. A quote with it too lol.

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

Learn from the past.

Still you can't fault someone for making decision on misinformation given by kabam. It's literally the only thing we have to make in-game decisions on. Yes, they have constantly been misleading, but then what do we do? We still have to progress lol.
    From another thread.
    Hey there!

Looks like there's a little confusion here, so allow me to clarify! This is all still the Featured 5-Star Hero Crystal, and it will still be 15,000 Shards. The Featured 5-Star Hero Crystal just now also has a chance to award you one of those "sub-featured" Champions. There is not separate crystal for them.

Unfortunate, hope shards are more available.
  • Mobius360Mobius360 Posts: 69
    Overall I see this as a good change for the 5 stars. Something had to happen, I figured we'd see more awaken gems instead of a crystal revamping though.
    Riegel wrote: »

Still you can't fault someone for making decision on misinformation given by kabam. It's literally the only thing we have to make in-game decisions on. Yes, they have constantly been misleading, but then what do we do? We still have to progress lol.

Everyone is too forgetful in this community lol. They talk about kabam not earning their trust back. They talk about the game being unplayable without wasting items to make up for bugs in the game. The list goes on and on, but people aren't doing anything about it. They still buy whatever they want from an undeserving company. I am sitting here perfectly content bc I said enough is enough and stopped spending like I used to. I made the decision to have my alliance stop pushing in AQ.

Everyone that bought this deal has a right to be mad, but to expect compensation when this has happened in the past is crazy. I get what you are saying too about still having to progress, but at what point is enough enough? I have people retiring left and right and my alliance is a top 50 alliance. Barely hanging on right now bc of the evade and parry bug and the lag in the game. If everyone stopped buying these crazy expensive deals then nobody would be mad lol. Rant over.

• OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    Pretty clear to see this all about potion sales. Not only will more potions be needed in aw once everyone has a 5* Mordo, but it will also significantly raise prestige for mid tier competitive alliances forcing the top tier allainces to start running map 6 again if they want that weekly/bi-weekly t4cc. Kabam has a plan alright, and it is sell more overpriced alliance potions. This is why I have dropped myself down to a map 3/4 alliance and only play for free/fun now. Anyways I feel for those who bought the crazy 5* and 4* offersbut at the same time not sure how you didn't see something like thos or worse coming. I also agree that nobody was forced to buy, so I cannot see any compensation coming for it. Also, you were able to capitalize on the prestige bump you received from that deal temporarily while those who passed on it did not, so I agree if any compensation is issued, it should be global. That said, I wouldn't hold my breath for either scenario.

Also just want to say thank you to OP for all of your hard work on the Prestige calculator. If Kabam were smart, they would incorporate it into the game and offer you some real monetary compensation since you basically have been doing their jobs for them for the last two years.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    This change works out perfectly for where I'm at. I'm at the point where I was about to start hoarding for featured. Now I don't have to.

Had I spent time and shards previously ona champ that will soon be in the basic crystal, or caved and spend $500 for one last shot at one of these champs, I'd be pissed.
  • I think the crystals are overcrowded, and without the availability of 5 star Awakening Gems, a large chunk of players will be doomed to a future of endless unduped 5 stars..
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Good questions.

The suddenness of all of this highlights a few fundamental questions related to 5*'s and the game economy in general:

Do you guys have a plan? Or do you guys have part of a plan? What percentage of a plan?

Dr. Zola
  • I'm with you OP except for the compensation part, anyway I don't think this is the right move from kabam, it's not fair for everybody. IMO there should be others ways like having all of them separated for example:

The normal 5 star crystal 10k shards
    With this you can still can awaken the champs that you have already and if you want to add some new champs it should be normal champs like SW, Thor etc. It won't include featured ones.

The normal 5 featured crystal 15k shards
    This is the same as the current one, same increased chance but with random chance to get a sub-feature hero not the normal ones.

The sub-feature 5 star crystal 15k shards
    With this crystal you have a chance to get all the champs that have a feature crystal as 5 star version with the same price as feature ones.

With the amount of champs and having this champs separated and more organised this would help all of us.

I mean if you want to dupe your SL you still have a chance to do it in the normal ones for the same price as 10k like it is right now. That doesn't have to change.

If you want to get Gweenpool or Dr voodoo you can get them on the new sub-feature crystals for 15k, of course you could get someone that you don't like but it would be fair for everybody else that paid that amount of shards in the past.

And finally this are 5 stars champs guys they are supposed to be high-end rewards not like 4 stars that all of them you could get them for 2k shards. They have to be apart like they always be not just randomly get a featured champ with 10k. That's all I want to say.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    $99 for rank down tickets would breathe fresh life in this game.
  • Danny1473Danny1473 Posts: 5
    I agree that no one forced me to purchase to $500 offer, however, if I had known that these champs would be added in a week, I wouldn't have spent the money. When I was debating on getting the offer, the fact that these champs are "rare" definately helped in my decision. Absolute garbage on their part. Another bait and switch
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    You guys got what you deserved. You got buyers remorse well too bad. I'm glad I didn't buy it.
  • KanadezosKanadezos Posts: 1
    Mcord11758 wrote: »
    The cost should come down at least in half. But it wont

I agree but that also depends on the big spenders to stop buying these ridiculous (expensive) offers and hopefully it will force Kabam to bring better valued offers... If this was a $50-250 offer instead of $500 offer then would we still have this discussion?

Kabam offers are too expensive and we should seriously not spend that large amount even if you are worth billions... The more we spend, the more expensive and ridiculous valueless offers we will receive from them.

This company hasn't ever been straight up from the beginning and since the new owners have taken over, I don't see much change in there offers.
  • Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    Matt is correct. Dirty nasty dealing. What do you eclxpect? If you haven't learned after pb/willpower nerf, 12.0 update it's on you. That's why players can't get anywhere. Nobody stands together. How you buy this stuff for any character that will just be nerfed down the road is crazy.
    It's your choice but I don't think at this point you blame anyone but yourself. It happened and will continue to do so. Matt is right. Some compensation should be dispersed, but if to anyone the people wise enough not to willingly get Kabammed. I hope you,we, get it. But come on. What do you expect spending on this game at this point.
  • PharaohPharaoh Posts: 13
    I'm lost on all the negative feedback. I don't see what's the issue. All I'm seeing is players who bought that 5* featured deal complain about Kabam not announcing this sooner. How much sooner did y'all want this announced?
    Pharaoh wrote: »
    I'm lost on all the negative feedback. I don't see what's the issue. All I'm seeing is players who bought that 5* featured deal complain about Kabam not announcing this sooner. How much sooner did y'all want this announced?

I'm gonna go with before the offer was made... ?
    edited May 2017
    Come on man spenders still would've bought it and everyone would've still complained. The featured crystals are changing at the end of the month/early June. Previous featured 5* champs won't be added to standard 5* crystals until July. Everyone is reacting as if those changes are effective immediately.
    edited May 2017
    Pharaoh wrote: »
    Come on man spenders still would've bought it and everyone would've still complained. The featured crystals are changing at the end of the month/early June. Previous featured 5* champs won't be added to standard 5* crystals until July. Everyone is reacting as if those changes are effective immediately.

Yes, whales would probably still have bought this, but others would have had more information to go into their decision to make this purchase. Many have bought this because Miike said his favorite line "we have no plans at this time." to re-release featured champs. They bought this because that statement expressed that this was huge value. You can potentially get a 5* champ that wont be seen again for a long time.

Well now the flood gates are open, and that value you thought you were getting isn't so valuable.
    Many have bought this because Miike said his favorite line "we have no plans at this time." to re-release featured champs. They bought this because that statement expressed that this was huge value. You can potentially get a 5* champ that wont be seen again for a long time.

Well now the flood gates are open, and that value you thought you were getting isn't so valuable.
    That's been said ever since 5* features were a thing. We all knew those 5* champs will become available at some point. And now time has finally caught up and it's starting to happen. Although overpriced, that deal guaranteed a featured 5* champ. How is this any different than buying tons of featured crystals with only a chance to pull the featured 4* version knowing that champ will be in the standard 4* crystals about 6 weeks later. It's also no different than buying that early access Quake deal and recently Nebula deal knowing their featured crystals will be available soon and they'll be in arena.
This discussion has been closed.