**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Early Look: New Alliance Wars Maps - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    jnikolas92jnikolas92 Posts: 192 ★★★
    could we at least get confirmation that all the bugs being talked about in the bugs and issues section will be resolved by the time season 10 rolls out? we've been left hanging in the dark for a few weeks now regarding crucial gameplay bugs.
    @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★

What abo

Beta was held on Expert map. My belief was higher tiers were getting a new map like beginner/normal had a different map. Seems like that wasn't the case and no feedback was requested or received from players in the middle tiers.

So is Defense Tactics going to affect all tiers? Even when you tried to introduce the global node before it was only tried on the top tiers then because they had the roster depth.

We only plan on adding Defense Tactics to Tiers 1-5 at this time (Expert and Challenger Maps), but still wanted to update the Maps for all Tiers.
    Wait wait wait... So Defense Tactics are only being added to Tiers 1-5, but you don't want to increase Rewards for Tiers 6 and Below till Defense Tactics are released even though they will not effect those Tiers whatsoever? I... I'm genuinely confused, please explain to me how that makes sense to you.
    How do you think increasing Rewards in one area and not the other would go over? Lol.
    1 I never said only increase the rewards in one area and 2 I didn't know they meant only Season Rewards.
    You asked why they weren't increasing the Rewards in the Tiers not affected. I was just pointing out that it's done all at once.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    SG....
  • Options
    LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,166 ★★★★

Hey everybody,

To answer those questions on what these new Buffs are, we've just added a new Chart to the Original Post that includes a description of each of them. You can also see it here:

Greater Confusion node - would the inverted controls on a dup'd emma go back to normal while the rest of the controls while not in the special animations be inverted?... #Trippy
  • Options
    hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    simula67 said:

Hey everybody,

To answer those questions on what these new Buffs are, we've just added a new Chart to the Original Post that includes a description of each of them. You can also see it here:

One of the pieces of feedback I had during the beta was that it will take alliances a few days to find impossible node/champion combinations. Looking at this list of new nodes, it took me all of a few seconds to find one.

How exactly would someone defeat a Rhino on the Aegis (Intercept) node?
    thor ragnarok sig 200 on that node
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

What abo

Beta was held on Expert map. My belief was higher tiers were getting a new map like beginner/normal had a different map. Seems like that wasn't the case and no feedback was requested or received from players in the middle tiers.

So is Defense Tactics going to affect all tiers? Even when you tried to introduce the global node before it was only tried on the top tiers then because they had the roster depth.

We only plan on adding Defense Tactics to Tiers 1-5 at this time (Expert and Challenger Maps), but still wanted to update the Maps for all Tiers.
    Wait wait wait... So Defense Tactics are only being added to Tiers 1-5, but you don't want to increase Rewards for Tiers 6 and Below till Defense Tactics are released even though they will not effect those Tiers whatsoever? I... I'm genuinely confused, please explain to me how that makes sense to you.
    How do you think increasing Rewards in one area and not the other would go over? Lol.
    1 I never said only increase the rewards in one area and 2 I didn't know they meant only Season Rewards.
    You asked why they weren't increasing the Rewards in the Tiers not affected. I was just pointing out that it's done all at once.
    I know it's all done at once, I was just wondering why they don't increase all the Rewards now then increase them slightly more for the Top 5 Tiers later with the DT Upgrade. But again that's when I though they were talking about the Individual War Rewards, apparently they're only increasing Season Rewards...
  • Options
    LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,166 ★★★★
    edited May 2019
    simula67 said:

How exactly would someone defeat a Rhino on the Aegis (Intercept) node?

Blade with Danger Sense (common) should take care of that just fine

• Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,379 ★★★★★
    You guys were so close to a great announcement... until you had mentioned no rewards update 1.5 months from now 🤦🏽‍♂️ You honestly should have brought defense tactic for Season 10 or have a month break and then bring everything out for Season 11
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Can we get a list of which buffs from these new nodes are active and which are passive?
    Are the Indestructible charges from Aegis something that can be bypassed via AAR?
    I second the need for an exhaustive list of which champ’s attacks do what type of damage (or in game text denoting that).
    How long will we get to test the new map before Season 10 is live?
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,402 ★★★★★
    Hulk_77 said:

Seriously 15 bosses???? You freaking kidding me? Bad enough we already had 10 so your next logical step is to add 5 more???

Sorry but this is the last nail of the coffin for me...After this war i am leaving. I stayed on this long bc it was manageable but this is complete overkill not to mention nodes that are annoying stupid.

This early look subject to change **** wont fly we all know you will keep it without taking our feedback bc it wont benefit you in the long run

Count again, it's 18 mini bosses
    Oh ya, i was mad bout that yet i said 15 in the first place 😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,402 ★★★★★
    RogerRabs said:

Isn't Buffle Toggle just Brawl without the attacker getting the buff?

Because if there's one thing the game needed it's more unstoppable and unblockable!

I didnt think unstoppable and unblockable would make a full time gig but sadly they are lol
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

Jestress said:

First thing I scrolled to was rewards.

So we're changing the maps, nodes, etc, but not rolling out new rewards until Season 11.

Does this make sense?

Season 11 will have the biggest change to Alliance Wars since we rolled out Seasons! Defence Tactics is what we want the rewards update to coincide with.
    Typically I have little negative to say but... seriously now? Let me ask this 1 VERY pertinent question in regards to that statement. Do you cater to your customers or your employees? This sounds like it really doesn't cater to your clientele all things considered. I'm sure the mods have been reading the feedback. Do we REALLY have to make another 30 pages of complaints to get you guys to do what makes sense again like when you rolled out the new matchmaking that misfired on attempt 1? By the looks of it, that's what's gonna happen here.

Listen, it's simple. New harder content without incentive is just aggravating to the players. I do like the new layout. I DON'T LIKE the fact I'm gonna be stuck trying to motivate the Alliance I lead in a situation that's CLEARLY gonna be more difficult for no extra gain. If you don't want to go full tilt boogie with the rewards until Season 11 with Defense Tactics, fine. We get it. But 0 boost to the rewards when you've CLEARLY increased the difficulty and in turn, the investment needed... bad idea.

Maybe JUST change the war to war rewards 1st with this iteration. THEN boost the Season rewards with Season 11. That way, keeps players motivated war to war, and still gives them something to look forward too. Seems pretty simple to me. So, for the next week while we run out Season 9, watch this thread explode with complaints with irritated players. Orrrrr... surprise us by listening EARLY and give SOME indication you're at LEAST considering what's being proposed here. I HIGHLY doubt ANYONE would be opposed to this concept. Who agrees? Disagree? My advice everyone, don't let this slide. Stay on it.
    Shhhh that idea makes too much sense!
    It’s not like beta feedback was that the new map/nodes had broken node/champ combinations (seems some are still very dodgy) and that it was too difficult without a reward update alongside it.
  • Options
    iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Well, as a mid tier player on Tier 4 AW, this decision is horrible. The cost of running AW is high enough as it is (my glory goes to pots mostly) and you just decided "Hey, let's make the map harder without an increase in rewards/change in any potion mechanics" Do you guys even play your own game?
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

Hey everybody,

With the “buff toggle” cooldown between unblockable/unstoppable start after the active buff expires or immediately?
  • Options

Jestress said:

First thing I scrolled to was rewards.

So we're changing the maps, nodes, etc, but not rolling out new rewards until Season 11.

Does this make sense?

Season 11 will have the biggest change to Alliance Wars since we rolled out Seasons! Defence Tactics is what we want the rewards update to coincide with.
    Typically I have little negative to say but... seriously now? Let me ask this 1 VERY pertinent question in regards to that statement. Do you cater to your customers or your employees? This sounds like it really doesn't cater to your clientele all things considered. I'm sure the mods have been reading the feedback. Do we REALLY have to make another 30 pages of complaints to get you guys to do what makes sense again like when you rolled out the new matchmaking that misfired on attempt 1? By the looks of it, that's what's gonna happen here.

Listen, it's simple. New harder content without incentive is just aggravating to the players. I do like the new layout. I DON'T LIKE the fact I'm gonna be stuck trying to motivate the Alliance I lead in a situation that's CLEARLY gonna be more difficult for no extra gain. If you don't want to go full tilt boogie with the rewards until Season 11 with Defense Tactics, fine. We get it. But 0 boost to the rewards when you've CLEARLY increased the difficulty and in turn, the investment needed... bad idea.

Maybe JUST change the war to war rewards 1st with this iteration. THEN boost the Season rewards with Season 11. That way, keeps players motivated war to war, and still gives them something to look forward too. Seems pretty simple to me. So, for the next week while we run out Season 9, watch this thread explode with complaints with irritated players. Orrrrr... surprise us by listening EARLY and give SOME indication you're at LEAST considering what's being proposed here. I HIGHLY doubt ANYONE would be opposed to this concept. Who agrees? Disagree? My advice everyone, don't let this slide. Stay on it.
    Shhhh that idea makes too much sense!
    It’s not like beta feedback was that the new map/nodes had broken node/champ combinations (seems some are still very dodgy) and that it was too difficult without a reward update alongside it.
    I guess I'd be that guy getting chucked out the window for the idea that made sense then eh? Lol
  • Options
    RichardCraniumRichardCranium Posts: 94
    @Kabam Miike So were basically back to pre 12.0 with all the unavoidable damage. Didnt you guys say you werent gonna go that route ever again? 🤔

I wont personally be participating in war nor trying. No fun in those nodes what soever.