**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Early Look: New Alliance Wars Maps - Discussion Thread

Comments

• it makes zero sense to not update the individual war rewards. Save the season rewards for season 11 if you want but 2 more moths of 2 year old AW rewards is just awful.

That's what I've been saying too. Makes sense to me.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    JimmyB said:

Arae said:

Not necesaarily, no. If they're updating the Rewards in tandem with the new Meta they're introducing and not as a result of the Map iterations, then overwhelming people with everything at once would inevitably have people feeling like it's not enough. Therein lies the lose/lose situation. People are already frustrated, so now or later, they're not going to be happy.

The win/win situation would be "here are the changes we are thinking about making in two+ months, here are the rewards changes we are thinking of making, and here are those rewards starting today, and here are the bugs we are going fix before we add any new content because we have heard loud and clear that we have broken the game for many people with recent updates."

Not - "Bugs/glitches that cost you units that we introduced nearly two months ago? Really? Oh.... well... Hey, here is some new content that is supposedly the same difficulty (but is not) with the same rewards you have been getting! Be happy about this! And we might update the rewards a month after we update the difficulty!"
    If they could just magically fix all the ongoing issues, do you think they would exist now? Things have to go on as they're worked on. Otherwise you might as well close shop.
    If you cant fix issues then own up and fix your mistakes in other ways which they havent yet. (dont know why I am feeding the troll but oh well)
    They don't compensate for issues that aren't resolved yet, and they could give a 5* a day, and people could still want more. They acknowledge them and work on them. That's about all you can do. The word Compensation is thrown around here more than Rank Down Tickets.
    They've been working on pure skill for 2+ years and still isn't fixed. What about inequity? It's been broken for Almost 2 years itself. And no one asked for compensation! What we have asked for, is to be fixed! And if it can't be fixed, than to give back the resources used to open these masteries. And they have yet to do either. So making excuses for everything that kabam lacks to do right is just rubbish.
    We're talking about performance issues related to overall game play. Pure Skill is a unique situation, and not an easy one to broach. It requires redoing the Mastery completely, and they've said they will turn their attention to it. That's not something they've been working on steady for 2 years, overdue perhaps. Not game-stifling in a way that affects War, as we were discussing. It actually Maxes out at Level 3 instead of 5. This really isn't the place, but we could easily get into how it isn't actually broken perse.
    Inequity is another subject altogether.
    DrZola said:

Arae said:

Not necesaarily, no. If they're updating the Rewards in tandem with the new Meta they're introducing and not as a result of the Map iterations, then overwhelming people with everything at once would inevitably have people feeling like it's not enough. Therein lies the lose/lose situation. People are already frustrated, so now or later, they're not going to be happy.

The win/win situation would be "here are the changes we are thinking about making in two+ months, here are the rewards changes we are thinking of making, and here are those rewards starting today, and here are the bugs we are going fix before we add any new content because we have heard loud and clear that we have broken the game for many people with recent updates."

Not - "Bugs/glitches that cost you units that we introduced nearly two months ago? Really? Oh.... well... Hey, here is some new content that is supposedly the same difficulty (but is not) with the same rewards you have been getting! Be happy about this! And we might update the rewards a month after we update the difficulty!"
    If they could just magically fix all the ongoing issues, do you think they would exist now? Things have to go on as they're worked on. Otherwise you might as well close shop.
    There are a lot of assumptions underlying your phrase “as they’re worked on.” Not singling you out here—just noting that bugs and game updating haven’t felt like a priority for a long time. I’m sure someone somewhere has a list of them to work on, but that list may be buried under several other lists that take precedence.

Dr. Zola
    I'm unable to comment on their list of priorities, however "as they're worked on" means just that. Before they're resolved and while still in process.
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    I don’t know about you guys, but I look forward to the new system of calling out your war path:

Player 1: Paths ABH
    Player 2: Paths IIE
    Player 3: Paths BCD
    Player 4: Paths CDF

And so on!
  • JimmyBJimmyB Posts: 206 ★★

Let's try to focus on the matter at hand. Lord knows there's a myriad of things that 'need work.' However this thread we should be focusing on the new AW Map. General consensus so far seems to be it's gonna be more difficult and the lack of increased rewards is a little disheartening. Hopefully if enough back this aforementioned issue, we may hear back about it. Hopefully. Trolling and sarcasm isn't likely to get a positive repsonse. Just an observation though, cannot say I'm right about it. Just trying to think about how I would want people to approach this if I was on their end.

You're right. I should've stayed on topic about aw regarding the new map without rewards being updated until season 11. My apologize everyone.
  • JimmyB said:

Let's try to focus on the matter at hand. Lord knows there's a myriad of things that 'need work.' However this thread we should be focusing on the new AW Map. General consensus so far seems to be it's gonna be more difficult and the lack of increased rewards is a little disheartening. Hopefully if enough back this aforementioned issue, we may hear back about it. Hopefully. Trolling and sarcasm isn't likely to get a positive repsonse. Just an observation though, cannot say I'm right about it. Just trying to think about how I would want people to approach this if I was on their end.

You're right. I should've stayed on topic about aw regarding the new map without rewards being updated until season 11. My apologize everyone.
    When frustrated, sometimes other semi-related issues tend to 'bubble up' as it were. So it's understandable, lol. Just don't want everyone getting too far off track, replies getting deleted, and all that jazz. It's true, the frustration is real with this one and it is showing. All we can do now is work together to keep things mowing forward and hopefully in the direction we're generally aiming for. Even I trailed a little bit earlier and got a little 'don't do that again' message. To be fair, I didn't even think about how it would've sounded from their end. When I reread it I laughed and realized it was a bit snarky, lol. Whoops. So it's kind of spreading. Everyone, do yourself a favor and reread your replies before flinging it out there. Let's do the best we can in trying to make this happen. The mods don't run Kabam so going off on them doesn't help. However appealing to their sensibilities and providing alternative ideas that could be win, win might help.
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    You know Kabam also didn't increase the rewards when they added the 5 extra mini bosses to the map....just sayin...
  • QuikPik said:

You know Kabam also didn't increase the rewards when they added the 5 extra mini bosses to the map....just sayin...

Yeah, but that was for the top 5 tiers. This is a BIT different in the sense everyone is getting a MAJOR overhaul all at once. The top tiers got some WICKED new nodes. I get what you're saying, but this time it feels a BIT more warranted. Seems like many others agree.
  • DrZola said:

Honestly, I just hope they meet us in the middle with this one. If they want to hold off on boosting the Season rewards until 11 when they release defense tactics, ok, I get that. However, war to war a little extra love would go a LONG way here from what I can see. I'm not saying it will please everyone, but I can't imagine it not helping at all. It would be nice to see the 6* shards get expanded to at minimum T5. 5* shards get expanded to some of the lower tiers that don't currently get them. Would be nice to see the old and dated War Victor Crystal get replaced by the new War Crystals we get end of the season. 1 per war wouldn't be huge, but it would increase the chances at t5bc frags, t2a frags and so on. A little extra Loyalty per war across the board. That's about it. I think that would be enough to quell some here. I know I would be pleased to see such occur. I do typically get why things go the way they go, but this time I just don't see it.

One could sarcastically say they get why with something pointing out 'greed' but let's try to be above that here. If we want a positive outcome, let's try to remain positive about this. The changes are interesting and I'm interested to see how the map plays now. Just the same, I'm not blind to the fact it will most definitely be more difficult. Increase the Map difficulty, then please increase what we get from playing the Map. Increasing the overall toll on everything (Defense Tactics), increase the overall rewards gained from the Season. It makes sense from what I can see. All we can do is hope they listen, take everything into consideration, and meet us in the middle.

That would be such a great gesture of goodwill and makes so much sense that it will almost certainly not be implemented.

Dr. Zola
    All we can do is try. It's disheartening to think that what you say is likely the truth. BUT, we've been surprised in the past. Usually when the community really comes together and stays the course that things get changed. Examples off the top of my head, when they tried to remove diversity. The uproar stopped that. When they rolled out the 1st iteration of the new matchmaking, many were displeased even though they said it was supposed to work like that. It also got changed (timing wise anyway). More recently, when the community expressed their distaste for the 'compensation' for the Gifting Badge, we were heard. We got more. Try to remember that we do get heard, and keep that in mind when you're writing your posts here everyone. We may yet get surprised again. In the meantime I'll personally be pushing with positivity.
  • M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
    Well, we really going to spend more for this new war. Smh.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    People are forgetting that a season or 2 ago Kabam stated quite clearly that the War map is not designed to be 100% every war. They want alliances to not finish the map every war thus creating closer and closer wars
  • Patchie93 said:

People are forgetting that a season or 2 ago Kabam stated quite clearly that the War map is not designed to be 100% every war. They want alliances to not finish the map every war thus creating closer and closer wars

Tis true, this was said. However, it would seem they constantly underestimate the drive most players/Alliances have. Then again, maybe they don't and that's the point. Also, let's not forget that some Alliances do not tolerate missing nodes, and out of fear of getting booted, people push through. That's a reality many players have to deal with war to war.

Frankly, I find the concept of creating something that cannot be finished to be rather ridiculous to be quite honest. Any Alliance that's pushing for better rewards certainly isn't gonna leave any points behind if they can help it. Now is that the end all point here? Knowing that we WILL push through no matter what at a certain level?

I've seen such a large shift in focus to AQ by MANY Alliances due to the reward gap. To maintain balance, it would be wise to give AW a bit more incentive. Not the Season Rewards, just the War itself to start. Then the Season when the new Defense Tactics drop. It makes sense, and will help bring more balance between the 2 game modes.

Let's also note, that an increase in basic War rewards now would help EVERYONE gear up a bit more for the upcoming Defense Tactics. For defense AND attack purposes. Just seems like the overall best course of action to maintain fluidity in the coming months.
  • RogerRabs said:

If they’re not willing to totally revamp the potion system, one thing they should do ASAP is remove the escalating cost on potions in the glory store. It takes 5 or 6 of them to heal a r5 champ. That’s over 1.5k glory if you buy them 1 at a time for the cheapest price. That’s absurd.

A little reduction on those would for SURE be a welcomed thing indeed! Revamping and making percentage health based pots would be nicer, however just a reduction is cost would do for the time being.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,280 ★★★★★
    Patchie93 said:

I've said before that if that outcome is the goal, they keep going about it in the worst ways. Stop making the nodes and maps harder. Give alliances choices for routes and scoring opportunities and throw a deadend asymmetric forked route or two in there with a weakening link on one side and a global buff on the other. If you take down the long left fork link the boss is harder but you get more points, short right fork boss is easier, but you get fewer points.
  • LongtimegamerLongtimegamer Posts: 179 ★★★
    RogerRabs said:

If they’re not willing to totally revamp the potion system, one thing they should do ASAP is remove the escalating cost on potions in the glory store. It takes 5 or 6 of them to heal a r5 champ. That’s over 1.5k glory if you buy them 1 at a time for the cheapest price. That’s absurd.

Not good enough at the rate we're going.

6k potions will need to be 50 glory each and not increase in price. Iteming out each war will cost 750 glory war, 3 wars a week that 2250 glory a week.

And it still might be too expensive.
    Patchie93 said:

If you'll recall, that was during ongoing iterations where people complained the Map was too easy, and that the Win came down to a few Points in Diversity. They reiterated their goal was that the Map was meant to be a challenge. That's been the goal all along. I don't see reason to bring that up much later, since we've had a number of revisions since then. It is, and always was, intended to be challenging at the very top. However many adjustments it takes to get there.
  • bb_81bb_81 Posts: 147
    my ally has a no WAR policy, can anybody guess why?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Honestly, I just hope they meet us in the middle with this one. If they want to hold off on boosting the Season rewards until 11 when they release defense tactics, ok, I get that. However, war to war a little extra love would go a LONG way here from what I can see. I'm not saying it will please everyone, but I can't imagine it not helping at all. It would be nice to see the 6* shards get expanded to at minimum T5. 5* shards get expanded to some of the lower tiers that don't currently get them. Would be nice to see the old and dated War Victor Crystal get replaced by the new War Crystals we get end of the season. 1 per war wouldn't be huge, but it would increase the chances at t5bc frags, t2a frags and so on. A little extra Loyalty per war across the board. That's about it. I think that would be enough to quell some here. I know I would be pleased to see such occur. I do typically get why things go the way they go, but this time I just don't see it.

One could sarcastically say they get why with something pointing out 'greed' but let's try to be above that here. If we want a positive outcome, let's try to remain positive about this. The changes are interesting and I'm interested to see how the map plays now. Just the same, I'm not blind to the fact it will most definitely be more difficult. Increase the Map difficulty, then please increase what we get from playing the Map. Increasing the overall toll on everything (Defense Tactics), increase the overall rewards gained from the Season. It makes sense from what I can see. All we can do is hope they listen, take everything into consideration, and meet us in the middle.

That would be such a great gesture of goodwill and makes so much sense that it will almost certainly not be implemented.

Dr. Zola
    All we can do is try. It's disheartening to think that what you say is likely the truth. BUT, we've been surprised in the past. Usually when the community really comes together and stays the course that things get changed. Examples off the top of my head, when they tried to remove diversity. The uproar stopped that. When they rolled out the 1st iteration of the new matchmaking, many were displeased even though they said it was supposed to work like that. It also got changed (timing wise anyway). More recently, when the community expressed their distaste for the 'compensation' for the Gifting Badge, we were heard. We got more. Try to remember that we do get heard, and keep that in mind when you're writing your posts here everyone. We may yet get surprised again. In the meantime I'll personally be pushing with positivity.
    I appreciate your efforts.

Dr. Zola
  • SunstruckSunstruck Posts: 80
    As a gaming company it is good to provide more challenges, but you should think of end users too. I started playing this game and now addicted to it, so many of us. With new changes on AQ and AW I am thinking of not wasting my time and money on this game, as rewards are not at all par with content. Lots of bugs, you guys fixed one and introduce many. Sometimes not even bother to compensate. Still crystal open 2 star champs. My suggestion please increase the drop chances of 5* 6* and tb5 tb4 t2a crystal chances, then you can increase level of challenges.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Patchie93 said:

That was the case, which made no sense given war seasons making it important to 100% even in a loss, but they have scrapped that idea.
  • BrightfireHDBrightfireHD Posts: 81
    @Kabam Miike

Can you please specify which nodes will hide the defender's information?
    Does Challenger and above, or only Expert Maps have these hidden nodes?