**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Unpopular mcoc opinions

Comments

• Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Aegon is one of the most annoying 6* pulls in the game
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Hood is a top 5 Mystic Champ.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

I have one. Any Champ can be useful in the right hands.

Colossus (Do not mention his buff. He is not buffed yet. He is still poo)
    Hulkbuster
    Dpxf
    Groot
    TBH, I actually believe that. Skill is with the Player, not the Champ. If you had to use any Champ, you could.
    I 100% agree with this, I’ve taken down lines with champs people don’t “use” regularly. @GroundedWisdom
  • Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★

Is this saying the mystic champs suck, or that The Hood is actually really good? Because I just pulled this guy as a 6 star and could use some honest insight.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★

Korg is worthless in all aspects of the game. Biggest rank up/resource use regret of my MCOC gameplay.

Lol korg is a valuable war defender
    Only if he is jacked up with Tier 5+ node buffs.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

It’s pretty easy when the bar is set so low.
  • monomuggmonomugg Posts: 312 ★★
    a duplicated starlord is the most versatile character in the game 🤔
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian
    V1PER1987 said:

Hmm. I would say the top five mystics (available as 5*) in general are Symbiote Supreme, Magik, Morningstar, Dr. Voodoo, and Ghost Rider. Followed by Dormammu, Hood, and Guillotine. I don't think that's an easy bar to get over to be among the top mystic champs.
  • gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 326

Hyperion benefits more from rank 5 than any other 5 star. This is 100% my experience - dat boi can destroy

I've been saying this for two years now, no matter, people won't believe you until they do, which is fine by me. The less spotlight put on how insane he is at that level the better.

unduped, does this still hold true? because i got mine at r3 but unduped.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

Korg is worthless in all aspects of the game. Biggest rank up/resource use regret of my MCOC gameplay.

Interestingly, from what I've seen and heard, Korg is a good defender above tier 4, and below tier 10. In between, he gets far fewer kills. It seems below a certain tier most players aren't good at fighting him, and above that tier you see more players able to deal with him. After that he becomes far less effective until you reach high maps with much harder nodes, whereupon conventional tactics alone aren't enough.
  • LazuliLazuli Posts: 94
    I think Yellow Jacket doesn’t get anywhere near as much credit as he deserves, that power sting is amazing and precision is always good. There’s been several times when i’ve picked him for a fight over any of my demi god or god tier champs
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Hmm. I would say the top five mystics (available as 5*) in general are Symbiote Supreme, Magik, Morningstar, Dr. Voodoo, and Ghost Rider. Followed by Dormammu, Hood, and Guillotine. I don't think that's an easy bar to get over to be among the top mystic champs.
    Everyone’s opinions will differ so we’ll never know.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    I have too many of these to list here so I’ll just name a few haha.

-I consider Psylocke and Dormammu to be the 2 best power controllers in the game
    -I actually really like Old Man Logan and wouldn’t have said he needed a buff
    -I think that blade is extremely overrated, he’s good but I hate the fact that he’s so reliant on synergy
    -I also think that wasp is one of the best science champions

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,244 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Interestingly, from what I've seen and heard, Korg is a good defender above tier 4, and below tier 10. In between, he gets far fewer kills. It seems below a certain tier most players aren't good at fighting him, and above that tier you see more players able to deal with him. After that he becomes far less effective until you reach high maps with much harder nodes, whereupon conventional tactics alone aren't enough.
    I can't really speak for the highest Tiers, but an R2 6* helped give us the best Season so far. We took 2 Losses. Lol.

DNA3000 said:

I can't really speak for the highest Tiers, but an R2 6* helped give us the best Season so far. We took 2 Losses. Lol.
    Been running a 4/55 sig 60 Korg in AW defense since February and I'm lucky to see more than 1 or 2 kills anymore.

Like DNA said, he's good if he's either jacked way up (Tier 5+ node buffs and/or R5) or if you're against noobs (sub Tier 10). In the Gold 1-2 world, the opponents are smart enough to know how to beat him and the nodes aren't strong enough to really ramp him up. Plus, most of us at this level don't have the expendable resources to R5/R2 a defense-only champ.
  • Crimsontide1616Crimsontide1616 Posts: 303 ★★

Hyperion benefits more from rank 5 than any other 5 star. This is 100% my experience - dat boi can destroy

I've been saying this for two years now, no matter, people won't believe you until they do, which is fine by me. The less spotlight put on how insane he is at that level the better.

He needs the dupe - well worth any gem - still great without it but with the dupe he is next level- I’d still rank 4 him unduped and once
    You awaken him take him straight up to 5

I have too many of these to list here so I’ll just name a few haha.

-I consider Psylocke and Dormammu to be the 2 best power controllers in the game
    -I actually really like Old Man Logan and wouldn’t have said he needed a buff
    -I think that blade is extremely overrated, he’s good but I hate the fact that he’s so reliant on synergy
    -I also think that wasp is one of the best science champions

I agree with 3/4 of those. The one I disagree with is Blade. Have him at R5 and I almost never run synergies with him (don't have them as 5*). Will bring GR if there is a genuine need for it (like Act 5 Ultron exploration).
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,244 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Been running a 4/55 sig 60 Korg in AW defense since February and I'm lucky to see more than 1 or 2 kills anymore.

Like DNA said, he's good if he's either jacked way up (Tier 5+ node buffs and/or R5) or if you're against noobs (sub Tier 10). In the Gold 1-2 world, the opponents are smart enough to know how to beat him and the nodes aren't strong enough to really ramp him up. Plus, most of us at this level don't have the expendable resources to R5/R2 a defense-only champ.
    We're not sub-Tier 10.
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    Riggs_97 said:

Taskmaster is a heavily underrated champ. Awakened and used correctly, he wins most fights.

I'm seeing so much "Taskmaster is underrated" lately that I might start calling him overrated. He and Diablo have the same problem. They're not worth the amount of effort it takes to make them decent.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    Domino is boring and her moves are very unpleasant
    Gwenpool is the best skill champ
  • BoostergoldrulzBoostergoldrulz Posts: 150
    Ghost is an overrated champion. Quite boringly average, and that's including "knowing how to fight with her."
  • LosspikLosspik Posts: 253 ★★
    Taskmaster is actually super easy to use once you understand him KT1 has a great video on Youtube on how to use him.

His dupe is VERY important for the character although once duped to use him is pretty straight forward: Hit them with a heavy, you get a exploit weakness hit the opponent with whatever attack the exploit weakness pops up eg: light attack & you stack a concussion debuff on the opponent reducing ability accuracy by 10% .

NB an attack which would be an exploit weakness attack negates evade & auto block.

If you stack 5 Concussions it becomes a passive effect reducing their ability accuracy by a % designated by his dupe level 41% on a sig 20 4*

He has bleed on the sp1 & armour break on the Sp2 & get some solid power gain once you have a passive concussion allowing you to spam multiple sp1s one after each other.

Hes not going to win any awards for damage output but is a solid Ability accuracy reducing champion with some decent utility.

KT1s Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHJcKccDLF8
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Unpopular opinion: Majority of the community is entitled. =P
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★

Absolutely. I took mine to 5/65 and ran him without being duped for months.
  • BrudixTreeBrudixTree Posts: 801 ★★
    I am Groot

Ps: I aggree with Hood, would say:
    Magic
    Ghostrider (trinity needed)
    Symb Supreme
    Doctor Woodoo
    Witch
    Hood

Pps: Cyclops is effective for AQ

Ppps: Dont sell champs

Pppps: Dont do drugs, but if you wanna sell champs then better do drugs instead
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

Our Gold 1 alliance has a R5 Sig 200 Korg as our BG1 boss. Tier 6 sometimes Tier 5. Our alliance has won the the last 5/6 wars because they weren’t able to clear him