**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Summoner Sigil - Discussion Thread

Comments

• digital-SOBdigital-SOB Posts: 261 β˜…β˜…
    Yes there is value in the perks in the subscription, yes many (20 pages worth in this thread)think these perks should available to all and the subscription amplified said perks.
    I feel like the subscription holds value to newer summoners (XP boost for getting to 60 faster), mid range summoners at lvl 60 but seeking roster improvements (Market exchange and energy perk for monthly quests rewards) but of those who will spend or have spent.
    I don’t see β€œwhale” spenders or people uncollected and higher finding much value in it, better value in the card subscription for units and catalysts.
    Sure some big spenders or whales will buy everything offered.

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    My opinion hasn't changed. The subscription isn't enticing enough to pay for at the moment. The biggest deal in my opinion is featured 5 stars for 11k but I still think basics are better overall so that doesn't change anything for me personally. I spend to complete content and upgrade champs so if there's no advantage in that than I would expect them to make QOL changes that have real impact like giving us monthly battlechips.

My opinion hasn't changed. The subscription isn't enticing enough to pay for at the moment. The biggest deal in my opinion is featured 5 stars for 11k but I still think basics are better overall so that doesn't change anything for me personally. I spend to complete content and upgrade champs so if there's no advantage in that than I would expect them to make QOL changes that have real impact like giving us monthly battlechips.

Agree, the perks are cool but I’m not paying for them. They don’t have that much value for me at Cavalier level for the β€œintroductory price” LoL
  • TeiberiousTeiberious Posts: 8 β˜…
    edited August 2019
    I understand that this is a pay to advance game, but until now it has never been a pay to play game. There is now content that you cannot access unless you pay. This to me crosses a line, and is not acceptable. I rarely ever post or complain about this game, but this is a significant switch and is a horrible precident.

I understand that this is a pay to advance game, but until now it has never been a pay to play game. There is now content that you cannot access unless you pay. This to me crosses a line, and is not acceptable. I rarely ever post or complain about this game, but this is a significant switch and is a horrible precident.

There is not any content, not one quest or fight that you have to pay for to play, so you are wrong.
    Assuming you are talking about Act 6 as it has a 5* and up restriction but you don’t have to pay anything to play it, you just have to open 5* crystals. Can you pay to open crystals with 5* in them, yes. Do you have to pay $ to start a quest in Act 6, no.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

There is not any content, not one quest or fight that you have to pay for to play, so you are wrong.
    Assuming you are talking about Act 6 as it has a 5* and up restriction but you don’t have to pay anything to play it, you just have to open 5* crystals. Can you pay to open crystals with 5* in them, yes. Do you have to pay $ to start a quest in Act 6, no.
    That's technically not correct, there's the one fight gold "quest" but I'd hardly count that as content. That's basically just a slight annoyance as opposed to just giving us the gold

That's technically not correct, there's the one fight gold "quest" but I'd hardly count that as content. That's basically just a slight annoyance as opposed to just giving us the gold
    Ok that is correct, I was wrong.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited August 2019

Both wrong. 😏 There was an exclusive quest available to players who donated 5$ Via the game for WWF and also a quest for the RED event which also required a donation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/4erkqo/new_wwf_power_pack_3_hulk_and_go_green_ticket_for/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

https://mbch.guide/en/articles/podderzhka-red/

Only in that regard, this really changes nothing for f2p players.

Only in that regard, this really changes nothing for f2p players.
    It’s a players choice to play for free. You can progress faster by tossing in some cash or stay the course and not pay. People who pay and those that don’t will not have the same in game experience.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Also, this game has always been pay to win as an option. There are only 2 fights you can't simply pay to win and that's the Champion boss 6.2.6 and the Nameless Thanos that was in the monthly event. In all other content if you have the right champ and avg playing skills you can revive and win.

Both wrong. 😏 There was an exclusive quest available to players who donated 5$ Via the game for WWF and also a quest for the RED event which also required a donation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/4erkqo/new_wwf_power_pack_3_hulk_and_go_green_ticket_for/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Except this is about the sigil....

The argument was that quests have never been behind a pay wall and putting one fight sets a precedent. Looking to shadow box? GL with that.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Sorry if this has been answered but when can we expect the update to be released? I know it’s usually a day or two before the new EQ but I’m just wondered if it’s already been answered since the Sigil free trial is included with it.
    V1PER1987 said:

Sorry if this has been answered but when can we expect the update to be released? I know it’s usually a day or two before the new EQ but I’m just wondered if it’s already been answered since the Sigil free trial is included with it.

One of the announcements, maybe this one, said the 6th.

The argument was that quests have never been behind a pay wall and putting one fight sets a precedent. Looking to shadow box? GL with that.
    The guy we responded to said "until now it has never been a pay to play game" meaning the sigil. That's what we were all talking about. You're the only one making some other argument.

The guy we responded to said "until now it has never been a pay to play game" meaning the sigil. That's what we were all talking about. You're the only one making some other argument.
    Kindly reread, until now there has never been content you needed to pay to play. There has been.

Kindly reread, until now there has never been content you needed to pay to play. There has been.

Which is also completely irrelevant to this post. Obviously no one cared about either of those bc they haven't been mentioned once in this thread all the while claiming that the sky is falling bc people now get 4 fights a month for some gold.

I don't care about the quests you mentioned or this sigil. None of it changes anything for any f2p player
    edited August 2019

Which is also completely irrelevant to this post. Obviously no one cared about either of those bc they haven't been mentioned once in this thread all the while claiming that the sky is falling bc people now get 4 fights a month for some gold.

I don't care about the quests you mentioned or this sigil. None of it changes anything for any f2p player
    Thanks for your opinion that is irrelevant to my point that there has twice been quests that were paywalled which invalidates the assertion that this is something new to the game and never seen before.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,553 Guardian

How can it possibly be off topic to respond to someone claiming that the Sigil sets a bad precedent by doing something the game has never done, by pointing out that what the Sigil does is something that has already been done before. That's absurd. The truth or fallacy of a claim is always directly relevant to that claim. It is generally the most important thing about that claim.
    DNA3000 said:

How can it possibly be off topic to respond to someone claiming that the Sigil sets a bad precedent by doing something the game has never done, by pointing out that what the Sigil does is something that has already been done before. That's absurd. The truth or fallacy of a claim is always directly relevant to that claim. It is generally the most important thing about that claim.
    That's kind of my whole point though. This thing doesn't change anything for players. Calling a one fight quest that's basically free gold "content locked behind a paywall" is ridiculous enough. The fact that actual content has been behind a paywall in the past and no one seems to even remember it, makes being upset about this one even more ridiculous. The "slippery slope" didn't fling anyone off a cliff then and it probably won't now.

The only point I've had in all my posts in this thread is that this sigil changes nothing for f2p players and being upset about it is incredibly silly. That's it.

DNA3000 said:

Xdonre said:

and makes you wonder why would a company whose livelihood is solely dependent on its customers be so out of touch w/ its customer base...the saga continues.

Actually, what I wonder is how people can point to the company that makes one of the more successful mobile games out there, that attracts thousands of people to play it and spend in it every day, that made the most successful Marvel licensed property in the space and managed to keep it going for almost five years and running, and say they are out of touch with their customers.

Every day hundreds of thousands of people play the game, thousands of people spend in the game, and dozens of people complain about the game on the internet. Who's supposed to be out of touch with the majority again?
    It's not the game that is successful, it's the franchise. If this game had Mad Joe, Insane Bill and Crazy Frank instead of Wolverine, Cap America and Hulk it would have been out for business a long time ago. Would you put up with these bugs and such if it wasn't for the Marvel characters?
    This is completely irrelevant. Whether the games owes a lot of its success to the Marvel IP says nothing about whether Kabam takes that IP and makes a successful game out of it or not. The only objective way to judge whether Kabam makes good decisions, in terms of the game's overall success or not, is to compare it to other Marvel licensed properties that have the same advantage of using the Marvel IP. And compared to other games licensed by Marvel, this game is still extremely successful.

You could make the same case that the Marvel Cinematic Universe is only successful because it is based on Marvel IP. Or the people writing the Marvel comics today wouldn't be successful without being set in the Marvel property. How many of those comic book stories would sell any copies if they starred Mad Joe and Crazy Frank? Probably not many.

Lots of Marvel games fail, or at least don't succeed to the same degree as MCOC. If the developers gets no credit for the successes, they should get no blame for the failures. And then you have to explain how the Marvel IP caused those games to fail.

I don’t understand the 20% XP boost.

Majority of the buyers are gonna be level 60, they should swap it to gold or bc. Just seems such a stupid inclusion.

1. There's no way to know that most buyers are going to be level 60, in fact I would bet the opposite, simply because most players aren't level 60.

2. Even if most buyers were going to be level 60, that's no reason not to include something useful to the remaining players that buy the sigil that are lower than level 60. Since the Sigil offers many different benefits from gold to units to inventory to store discounts, *adding* the XP boost on top of all of them hurts none of the players already at the level cap, while calling its inclusion a "stupid" inclusion seems to be saying that those players below level 60 aren't just unimportant, we have to actively try to exclude them from the offer. I see no good reason to do that.
    ESF said:

But are the people losing their minds about Kabam actually charging for a service that helps them employ people who actually MAKE THE GAME just as angry at the guy who plays that game FOR FREE but takes money from other people?

Actually, possibly yes. Since my recollection is that Brian, as a free to play player, was mostly positive about the Sigil program. In fact he expressed the idea I mentioned myself, that many free to play players would be more happy to see Kabam sell convenience ("quality of life benefits") over performance. A free to play player can more easily work around quality of life advantages that paying players have over performance advantages that they can buy.

I would not be surprised if he caught flak for that opinion. Even though if I had to bet cash on it, I would bet that that position was the majority position for most free to play players, just not the most commonly expressed one.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    DNA3000 said:

ESF said:

But are the people losing their minds about Kabam actually charging for a service that helps them employ people who actually MAKE THE GAME just as angry at the guy who plays that game FOR FREE but takes money from other people?

Actually, possibly yes. Since my recollection is that Brian, as a free to play player, was mostly positive about the Sigil program. In fact he expressed the idea I mentioned myself, that many free to play players would be more happy to see Kabam sell convenience ("quality of life benefits") over performance. A free to play player can more easily work around quality of life advantages that paying players have over performance advantages that they can buy.

I would not be surprised if he caught flak for that opinion. Even though if I had to bet cash on it, I would bet that that position was the majority position for most free to play players, just not the most commonly expressed one.
    Well, yes. At least one person posted a Thread along the lines of him somehow selling out. It didn't last long.
    To be honest, I still can't wrap my head around this rift between F2P and paying Players. Probably never will.
    DNA3000 said:

ESF said:

He already has. I saw a post I think yesterday where someone started a thread asking if he was selling out to get a job with kabam lol.
    Probably should have finished reading 1st lol
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Lol. Anyone with an opinion against the masses is always quick to be labeled a troll or shill or being sold out to Kabam.

Some people can’t accept that there are differing opinions.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    xNig said:

Lol. Anyone with an opinion against the masses is always quick to be labeled a troll or shill or being sold out to Kabam.

Some people can’t accept that there are differing opinions.

True but some people are clearly trolls going against the masses almost every post to anger people and create a hostile environment. Really makes the forums toxic at times.