**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Fight Randomized Opponents and Buffs in Sinister Labs!

Comments

• Options
    Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★

I used an aspect of nightmares node to heal marvel back to 100% yesterday. She doesn't take any damage while indestructible and then still gets the heal after the nightmare timer

Well that's great for the aspect of nightmares but there is also a heal reversal debuff.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Dtl7714 said:

I used an aspect of nightmares node to heal marvel back to 100% yesterday. She doesn't take any damage while indestructible and then still gets the heal after the nightmare timer

Well that's great for the aspect of nightmares but there is also a heal reversal debuff.
    You won’t heal but you will still take no damage
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Dtl7714 said:

Yeah so you'd only take the 2nd part of the damage leaving you at 50%
  • Options
    Lvernon15 said:

Dtl7714 said:

You'd take what was supposed to be a heal bc her indestructible lasts 12 seconds. You just wouldn't take the initial 50%
  • Options
    You asked how to get around the fight not how to do it and take zero damage
  • Options
    That's why I like events like this though. The crazy node combinations make you think of some interesting ways to get past them
  • Options

Lvernon15 said:

Dtl7714 said:

You'd take what was supposed to be a heal bc her indestructible lasts 12 seconds. You just wouldn't take the initial 50%
    Unless you’re at 25 charges you go indestructible a little after the start of the degen so you would still be indestructible
  • Options
    Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Dtl7714 said:

Unless you’re at 25 charges you go indestructible a little after the start of the degen so you would still be indestructible
    Yeah that's might work, you'd take the initial degen from nightmare but if you went binary a few seconds later you'd probably avoid the reversal bc I think it's an instant regen.
  • Options
    So you'd still take some damage but would avoid most of it
  • Options
    Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★

Well not all of us have the newer champs R4/5.

For those of us us mere mortals who arent that fortunate it's a jacked up combination of debuffs was my bigger point.
  • Options
    Dtl7714 said:

For those of us us mere mortals who arent that fortunate it's a jacked up combination of debuffs was my bigger point.
    That's why you have multiple entries and re-rolls. If after all that you still can't get through it, you're probably trying to punch outside your weightclass (even though no one ever wants to admit that)
  • Options
    Dtl7714 said:

Dtl7714 said:

That's why you have multiple entries and re-rolls. If after all that you still can't get through it, you're probably trying to punch outside your weightclass (even though no one ever wants to admit that)
    I did reroll,and I beat it. Just like I completed it yesterday. Its not out of my weight class. I was just trying to make fun of a jacked up combo, that has few realistic scenarios to win that very few people would be ready to handle.

Not sure why people like you feel the need to attack peoples skill level every time someone questions anything abou this game.
    That's not an attack just stating facts. If someone can't beat these with all the chances they have they're either incredibly unlucky or attempting something to difficult for them.

That's not meant as an insult or a dig. There's just a lot of people that are unwilling to accept that they're not ready for somethings in this game. You got through it, congrats. It should be obvious that you weren't who that's aimed at
  • Options
    Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,783 ★★★★★
    Complaining about the node combination, when rolling the dice is a (very easily) available feature, makes no sense to me. If people found out (which is certainly not the case) that the dice availability is way too low, that would be a totally different thing.

One thing that I do find is worth complaining about, is that using one of the senses on the Master mode yesterday, made absolutely no difference to my gameplay. Higher evading chance on an evading champ (Domino) should be pretty dramatic. It was not even noticeable. Those boosts are supposed to significantly help us. Any insight, Kabam...?
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Maybe in future iterations, rather than re-rolling all the nodes. You could choose to re-roll 1, 2 or all of them. So for example, You get a combination of Slumber, Masochism and Biohazard. You can decide, well I want to keep Slumber and Biohazard but get rid of Masochism. Or you don't have a bleed immune so you get rid of Biohazard and Masochism. I think this would make them a lot more fair.

I love the idea of this, hopefully Kabam takes notes. That would make the most sense.
  • Options
    Taiphoon_zeroTaiphoon_zero Posts: 110
    So what is this kabam? Are we a joke to u, first low rewards, second 12 fights for each difficulty, 3rd unreasonably high difficulty that no matches the time and effort, and last bugged event that haven’t reset, and I have to spend randomizers and revives just to find out that is not reset yet cmmon
  • Options
    Guys please stop complaining about there being 12 fights, previous iterations had 6 every 12 hours, and the complaint was having to do it twice a day, they fix that and there’s complaining about there being the same amount of fights as before
  • Options

Lvernon15 said:

Guys please stop complaining about there being 12 fights, previous iterations had 6 every 12 hours, and the complaint was having to do it twice a day, they fix that and there’s complaining about there being the same amount of fights as before

the previous iterations gave 5 star sig stones. The rewards have to match the difficulty so why don't you stop complaining about the complaining. It's weird when people do the same thing they're complaining about lol.
    I’m not complaining about people who aren’t happy with rewards, I’m complaining about people who are moaning about there being 12 fights, before trying to be smart look at my post properly
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,670 Guardian

Maybe in future iterations, rather than re-rolling all the nodes. You could choose to re-roll 1, 2 or all of them. So for example, You get a combination of Slumber, Masochism and Biohazard. You can decide, well I want to keep Slumber and Biohazard but get rid of Masochism. Or you don't have a bleed immune so you get rid of Biohazard and Masochism. I think this would make them a lot more fair.

I had this idea that I think is probably impractical but I would love to give a try. When you enter, the game rolls a complete set of node buffs for the entire map. You get to put the buffs where ever you want, but you have to put three per node and use them up. If you reroll, it rerolls the entire map: you can't just keep a few good nodes and throw the others away.

This seems like it would be a very interesting tactical exercise, and it would prevent things like Poison Vulnerability showing up on Omega Red. Not only does this reward understanding the nodes, it rewards understanding the defenders. It becomes 50% combat skills and 50% puzzle solving skills.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

Previous iteration was 24 hours like this one and only one had one path of 5 or 6 fights with better rewards , so no need for this low remarks if they are not on point
    Yeah I didn't reply to his response because he was way off base with that one. When @GroundedWisdom says that these labs aren't completely worth it, you have very little legs to stand on lol.
  • Options
    Juice_the_ManJuice_the_Man Posts: 9
    Anyone else not able receive rewards because it says you’ve already completed them???
  • Options
    Juice_the_ManJuice_the_Man Posts: 9

• Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,670 Guardian

Lvernon15 said:

Previous iteration was 24 hours like this one and only one had one path of 5 or 6 fights with better rewards , so no need for this low remarks if they are not on point
    Yeah I didn't reply to his response because he was way off base with that one. When @GroundedWisdom says that these labs aren't completely worth it, you have very little legs to stand on lol.
    Actually, GW saying something is too difficult or too difficult for the rewards isn't saying what you're implying, because he's not at one extreme in that particular area. If anything he's slightly more conservative (in terms of tolerating higher difficulty) than the average forum poster in that area. And my recollection is he's had similar positions about other high difficulty events. He's not a noteworthy bellwether for difficulty in that respect.