**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 6 Chapter 1 - Strategies and Tips

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

I’m just now at 6.1.5, and firsthand experiencing the terribleness. my only biohazard counters are Colossus, Groot, and Ultron. my strongest are Medusa, Quake, Magik, and IMIW. vigor counter is only IMIW. no Iceman, Nebula, Ghost, Corvus, or Omega. any tips?

Wait for the Colossus buff to go live? Sorry, I wish I had something better. If I had a gun to my head and had to make a serious attempt under those conditions, the only thing I can think of, and it is not pretty, is to deliberately leave Bane up to help with damage and go in with Colossus. Maybe between Bane and some attack boosts Colossus could do it. It is possible to outdamage the heal since it isn't as bad as it might seem, but you really need to play aggressively if you can't block it. And it sounds difficult to balance playing aggressively, avoiding SP3, and transferring Bane.
  • Uriya07Uriya07 Posts: 12
    ‏‪ACT 6‬‏‏:

I have an act 6.1 playlist,check out the videos,they will help you in some of the paths that i show in this videos,I also post other things in this channel, check this out guys :)
  • Which champs should i bringg for 6.1.2, any tips guyz
  • JediJones77JediJones77 Posts: 146
    edited August 2019
    Hey, all, I'm at the door of Act 6 now. I'm looking for advice as to whether or not my roster can handle it right now and/or who I should rank up next in preparation. I can do one more rank 4 at the moment and one or two more rank 3s. Blade is my only rank 5 now and my three rank 4s are Vision, Hulk and Omega Red. I also have one mutant awakening gem I can use. My full 5-star roster is below.

Hey, all, I'm at the door of Act 6 now. I'm looking for advice as to whether or not my roster can handle it right now and/or who I should rank up next in preparation.

Only you really know that. I would recommend just trying 6.1.1 and seeing. 6.1.1 is more about practicing the tactics involved in dealing with No Retreat anyway, so you might as well start practicing.

At some point I think you might run into issues with certain champs on certain paths with a lot of regeneration. I would probably feel better with Void and Archangel awakened and ranked up and Omega Red awakened. But I think the roster has possibilities, and if you can get past 6.1.1 it actually gets easier up to 6.1.4.
  • lukakalukaka Posts: 79
    guys is a maxed out corvus 5 star without suicides useful at all in getting cavalier for those who have him?
  • Scruffy04Scruffy04 Posts: 23
    So what are the viable options for 6.1.5 Crossbones outside of the obvious?

Has anyone had luck with a Luke Cage, Ghost Rider, Nebula, Ultron, etc?

Does Blade with the GR synergy work well enough?

Unfortunately, it seems like there are only 5 so odd champs who can handle CB without ripping your hair out.
  • Paul_DCPaul_DC Posts: 60
    Can anyone advise me if I can take down xbones with CAIW synergy
  • Paul_DCPaul_DC Posts: 60

My roaster
  • CarpeDiem7886CarpeDiem7886 Posts: 22
    You don’t have cap IW in the pic..... or a tech champ which allows you to apply the petrify debuff. How many points in the Despair mastery do you have?
  • ddomddom Posts: 572 ★★
    Looking for some advice on whether I should push for cavalier. I've only completed 6.1.1 so far.

My roster is

Duped R5 Cap IW Sig 160
    R4 Emma Frost
    R4 Killmonger
    R4 Hulk Rag
    R3 Iron man IW
    R3 Domino
    R3 Massacre
    R3 Duped Archangel Sig 35
    6star R1 Thor Jane
    6star R1 Gambit

I also have enough material to R4 either Domino, Archangel or Ironman IW

Please advise on whether I should R4 anyone and if my current roster is good enough to make it worth pushing through 6.1 with some units spend

Thanks
    ddom said:

Please advise on whether I should R4 anyone and if my current roster is good enough to make it worth pushing through 6.1 with some units spend

I'd probably R4 awakened archangel. Not just for Act 6, but just in general.

Roster is not the most important thing for Act 6, skill is. There are some fights that are either unlikely or impossible without the right counters, but a huge amount of it depends on your ability to handle the nodes which is 80% skill, 20% roster. And only you know if you have enough skill.

My recommendation is to try 6.1.1 but don't spend anything: no potions, no units, no revives. See how far you get. If you can't get past the first few fights without spending, you're probably not ready. Practice until you can get deep enough into the map that you know if you do spend you'll reach the end without spending more than you want. Are you willing to spend a few hundred units or a few thousand? Again, only you know that, so you have to test yourself on the map and see if the spending pace would work. Knowing how far you can get without spending will at least give you a rough idea of how much you would have to spend.

Also keep in mind that often the difficulty is concentrated in a few fights, either the boss or a difficult node separate from the boss. So unless you're willing to spend a lot, you have to be able to run the paths themselves without spending. If you're spending just while running the path, you may find yourself stuck at the boss spending way more than you wanted to.
  • I'm finally going for Cavalier but not sure if I have the proper counter for Crossbones. Cap Iw (sig148) with a skill may purify debuffs, but not sure if it will work. I'm open to suggestions.

DarkCap said:

I'm finally going for Cavalier but not sure if I have the proper counter for Crossbones. Cap Iw (sig148) with a skill may purify debuffs, but not sure if it will work. I'm open to suggestions.

Morningstar, Iceman, and Thing are all valid options for bringing down 6.1.5 Crossbones. All are bleed immune, and all have enough damage to outrace the heal if you play aggressively. In the case of Iceman, I used a rank 4 with some attack boosts, which was basically enough. I've seen video of Morningstar do it although she was awakened: if she's awakened she both steals CB's heal and also reduces its strength which makes her a relatively safe choice (but yours is not awakened, and I'm not certain about unawakened MS). Thing is, well, Thing. The fight is going to be a long one, and while I haven't watched anyone bring CB down with Thing I have to believe that eventually he's going to have enough furies to do it, as long as you don't get killed yourself.
  • DarkCapDarkCap Posts: 3
    edited January 2020
    DNA3000 said:

DarkCap said:

I'm finally going for Cavalier but not sure if I have the proper counter for Crossbones. Cap Iw (sig148) with a skill may purify debuffs, but not sure if it will work. I'm open to suggestions.

Morningstar, Iceman, and Thing are all valid options for bringing down 6.1.5 Crossbones. All are bleed immune, and all have enough damage to outrace the heal if you play aggressively. In the case of Iceman, I used a rank 4 with some attack boosts, which was basically enough. I've seen video of Morningstar do it although she was awakened: if she's awakened she both steals CB's heal and also reduces its strength which makes her a relatively safe choice (but yours is not awakened, and I'm not certain about unawakened MS). Thing is, well, Thing. The fight is going to be a long one, and while I haven't watched anyone bring CB down with Thing I have to believe that eventually he's going to have enough furies to do it, as long as you don't get killed yourself.
    Thanks, Morningstar needs dupe. I may wait til I r4 Iceman. I recently ranked up AA, regretting that now. If I go for it now, I'll definitely have to go in boosted heavily. I'm not in a rush though.
    DarkCap said:

Thanks, Morningstar needs dupe. I may wait til I r4 Iceman. I recently ranked up AA, regretting that now. If I go for it now, I'll definitely have to go in boosted heavily. I'm not in a rush though.

No reason not to start testing the waters of 6.1.1. In my opinion 6.1.1 comes down less to specific champs and more to practice dealing with the nodes. And most people agree that the middle is easier than the beginning and the end. 6.1.3 and 6.1.4 were much easier for most players than the bookends. So even if you don't have a CB counter, that's no reason not to see where you stand on the earlier parts of Act 6.1. If nothing else, getting in some practice with the No Retreat node can only be helpful in the long run.
  • DNA3000 said:

DarkCap said:

No reason not to start testing the waters of 6.1.1. In my opinion 6.1.1 comes down less to specific champs and more to practice dealing with the nodes. And most people agree that the middle is easier than the beginning and the end. 6.1.3 and 6.1.4 were much easier for most players than the bookends. So even if you don't have a CB counter, that's no reason not to see where you stand on the earlier parts of Act 6.1. If nothing else, getting in some practice with the No Retreat node can only be helpful in the long run.
    I'm at 6.1.5 now. 6.1.1 and .2 were a little difficult and .3,.4 were fairly easy. CapIW is a life saver. Too bad he's not good for crossbones. Don't wanna sink in units and get nowhere.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    Anyone have an exploration guide? I’m onto 6.1.6 finally, but I’m struggling to piece together the right team
  • Hi, would warlock work for crossbones 6.1?
  • CaptainDonCaptainDon Posts: 73
    I hope following link will help those who are looking for act 6 chapter 1 easy path + Map: Act 6 Chapter 1 Easy Path | Cavalier Title Guide & It's Benefits
  • JjbudzJjbudz Posts: 6
    TTV_F4TE said:

Haha

• TacoDougTacoDoug Posts: 138
    Stuck on CB, no problem getting to him but the fight against him goes nowhere. Just can’t get things going with ghost and never really loved her play style.

• Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    @Vedisuke the Grandmaster crystals form over a 7 day period rather than a 13 day period when becoming Cavalier
  • King_Leo321King_Leo321 Posts: 1,211 ★★★
    Claire can easily take down crossbones,sentinel, ghost.Basicslly all bossess in 6.1.Just a quick tip
  • HeroSeeker1HeroSeeker1 Posts: 14
    I am on 6.1.5 crossbones but kinda stuck so wondering if my roster could take him and what guys are recommended.