**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Act 6 Chapter 1 - Strategies and Tips

Comments

• JLABREUJLABREU Posts: 5
    edited March 2019

Anybody in this roster that can counter 6.1.4 CB?
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    JLABREU said:

Emma and Omega but you're going to need to boost heavily to out-damage the regen. Other option is to bash as much as you can and force-quit when the regen starts, then revive and repeat.
  • Alex_sc11Alex_sc11 Posts: 191

Does the sabretooth+km synergy work for CB? Not just negating his shrug off but biohazard bleed too?

In theory it works but only if you hit quickly after a Parry and only doing 1 hit a time, and trying to apply parry just as the vigor regen activates, it would be a pain just parry one hit parry one hit parry one hit
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian

JLABREU said:

Emma and Omega but you're going to need to boost heavily to out-damage the regen. Other option is to bash as much as you can and force-quit when the regen starts, then revive and repeat.
    If we're talking about the 6.1.5 Crossbones, another possibility might be to rank up Luke Cage and max out Despair.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

JLABREU said:

If we're talking about the 6.1.5 Crossbones, another possibility might be to rank up Luke Cage and max out Despair.
    Might be a rough fight too considering the class disadvantage and CB having roughly a 35% to shrug off debuffs.
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,161 ★★★★★
    Need some Advise. GRIND OR QUIT?

TEAM
    55/55 Blade
    55/55 AA
    55/55 Hyp
    25/25 6* im iw
    45/45 Gr

I used 2 team revives so far to take Crossbones to 50% hp ( 195k of 400k). I got to him with only 1 champ left cause i made mistakes. I took the far right path to remove Force of will. Bane is active on him atm.

So in 2 days of time we get a team revive then i need another 100 units to buy another 1 to maybe beat him. Its fine to grind , i now do it daily

So grind or quit?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,456 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Finally back in town and able to take a crack at Act 6.

Apart from a couple of ill-timed Ultron evades on 6.1.2 (of course, just as Medusa was about to armor shatter), it’s been smooth sailing through 6.1.4.

Now for Crossbones...

Initial plan is to run with R4 GR, R2 6* Cage, Blade and whoever else helps me get to him. Boosts should help Cage’s damage output, but the main strategy would be fate seal at the overload increments and quit. Not the best option, but without obvious counters like Ghost, OR, CG, Iceman, etc. it’s likely all I’ve got. Despair is obviously 1/3, but not maxed, but I’m thinking Cage may be able to outdamage the regen and combined with GR and Blade eke it out.

Am I nuts? Or is this actually my least worst option?

Dr. Zola
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    Why doesn’t Archangel AA reduction prevent buffed up from blocking damage after applying multiple nerotoxins?
    DrZola said:

Apart from a couple of ill-timed Ultron evades on 6.1.2 (of course, just as Medusa was about to armor shatter), it’s been smooth sailing through 6.1.4.

Now for Crossbones...

Initial plan is to run with R4 GR, R2 6* Cage, Blade and whoever else helps me get to him. Boosts should help Cage’s damage output, but the main strategy would be fate seal at the overload increments and quit. Not the best option, but without obvious counters like Ghost, OR, CG, Iceman, etc. it’s likely all I’ve got. Despair is obviously 1/3, but not maxed, but I’m thinking Cage may be able to outdamage the regen and combined with GR and Blade eke it out.

Dr. Zola

I think it is doable. I posted my Iceman run at Crossbones earlier (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/776012/#Comment_776012), 4/55 unawakened and with a total of 50% attack boost (30% champion, 20% attack). I got most of him in about 300 hits. Boosted rank 2 Luke Cage should be able to deal similar or better damage I would think; as long as you don't hit into block. Ghost Rider might also work and maybe not even needing to quit necessarily if you can rotate judgments at the right pace. If it is slower with R4 GR, you might have time to get all the way around to SP3 before the next overload. It is certainly worth a try with that roster.

If you just have a little bit at the end, something like Blade can finish him off. But it has to be very little left. I managed to scratch about 6k off him before dying when I was down to my last 9k or so, and needed one more champion to finish the rest.

The most important part of the fight is being able to bait SP1 not just well, but relatively quickly. He will throw it if you give him an opening in my experience, but you do have to poke your head out of block to encourage him to do it. Also, I don't know why I pushed him to SP2 right at the beginning of the fight, but don't do that. I was thinking about so many things at the start I lost track of power. You have to keep him to SP1 because the fight is too long to be eating those SP2s.
    DNA3000 said:

DrZola said:

Now for Crossbones...

Dr. Zola

I think it is doable. I posted my Iceman run at Crossbones earlier (https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/776012/#Comment_776012), 4/55 unawakened and with a total of 50% attack boost (30% champion, 20% attack). I got most of him in about 300 hits. Boosted rank 2 Luke Cage should be able to deal similar or better damage I would think; as long as you don't hit into block. Ghost Rider might also work and maybe not even needing to quit necessarily if you can rotate judgments at the right pace. If it is slower with R4 GR, you might have time to get all the way around to SP3 before the next overload. It is certainly worth a try with that roster.

If you just have a little bit at the end, something like Blade can finish him off. But it has to be very little left. I managed to scratch about 6k off him before dying when I was down to my last 9k or so, and needed one more champion to finish the rest.

The most important part of the fight is being able to bait SP1 not just well, but relatively quickly. He will throw it if you give him an opening in my experience, but you do have to poke your head out of block to encourage him to do it. Also, I don't know why I pushed him to SP2 right at the beginning of the fight, but don't do that. I was thinking about so many things at the start I lost track of power. You have to keep him to SP1 because the fight is too long to be eating those SP2s.
    Right. Sounds like a plan. Need to clear some time out of real life, but I think that’s my best option.

Fortunately, unless the AI is super stingy, CB is usually a pretty prolific Sp1 user. I’m relying on that. And R2 Cage boosted should have a ~4K attack and a huge health pool if I screw up a little.

Dr. Zola
  • ManiacalMeManiacalMe Posts: 57
    I’m not sure if anyone has said this, but Nebula is a great counter to the Ultron in 6.1.2. As soon as she gets hit with the shock she turns it into 5 charges which decreases Ultrons accuracy by 100%. Then it’s a normal fight on through just don’t parry. Never worry about shock or spite again. I used my 6* nebula in 5.4 for that ultron and she works just as well if not better for this one since you don’t even have to build the charges.
    @DrZola i did a trick on my other acc with a r3 GR you hit and when vigor timer is half way , you do 5 hits and throw sp1. If fate seal isnt removed (Xbones sig) then the timer will stop untill your next 25% interval is made. Throw sp1 when vigor isnt active but the timer only

So basicly what i did was hit 5 hits then waited till timer got to half way then parried 5 hit combo and sp1. NOTE u must do MLLLM or else u will not have enough power for a sp1
    You keep keep on hitting when timer is removed. And when its back active after 25% interval then do a few damage before timer end and quit fight. Costed me about 200 units causes only revived Gr

You keep keep on hitting when timer is removed. And when its back active after 25% interval then do a few damage before timer end and quit fight. Costed me about 200 units causes only revived Gr

Will give it a go. Thanks for the tip!

Dr. Zola
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    There's a video going around saying MS is an amazing option for Crossbones if you have her

https://youtu.be/xGkuJczha_Q
    Patchie93 said:

There's a video going around saying MS is an amazing option for Crossbones if you have her

I think any bleed immune 5/65 is going to have enough damage to bring down CB. What MS has going for her is that when awakened she's lowering the effectiveness of CB's heals a bit while also healing herself almost constantly. Combined with getting attack buffs from CB's own furies, MS can bring CB down with a lot of safety margin.

There aren't many champs that are both bleed immune and have significant regeneration; MS (when the opponent has heals) is one of the few. I wouldn't call her a "cheat code" but if anyone has her at rank 5 or even rank 4 I think she's a very strong option.

But I think if I could have any 5/65 to face him, it would probably be Omega Red.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Patchie93 said:

I think any bleed immune 5/65 is going to have enough damage to bring down CB. What MS has going for her is that when awakened she's lowering the effectiveness of CB's heals a bit while also healing herself almost constantly. Combined with getting attack buffs from CB's own furies, MS can bring CB down with a lot of safety margin.

There aren't many champs that are both bleed immune and have significant regeneration; MS (when the opponent has heals) is one of the few. I wouldn't call her a "cheat code" but if anyone has her at rank 5 or even rank 4 I think she's a very strong option.

But I think if I could have any 5/65 to face him, it would probably be Omega Red.
    Honestly i agree with your stance. I dont have any form of OmegaRed so I dont know how good he is. I figured I'd just share another popular option that more players might have. Im fortunate enough to have a r5/65 sig 186 Aegon who I've now used 3x for CB and will continue to use for him.
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    DrZola said:

Now for Crossbones...

Dr. Zola

That would work for you.

Blade with GR synergy will actually reduce the Bioharazd node proc rate if i'm not mistaken so you can do some nice damage with blade. Plus with his sig ability you can potentially heal up some damage depending how quickly he throws that sp1 after acquiring it

GR Would also work to an extent in removing 25% damage before you will have to deal with the regen again. At That point I'm not sure if you can out damage the heal to keep going or if you have to quit out. You can't reset fate seal without pushing CB to a SP3 which would kill you anyway ( Unless maybe if you had a sp3 defense boost).

LC - even with the class disadvantage should be viable since he is 6* r2. I would look to maybe try and use your sp2's, because with 4 debuffs you get a 100% ability accuracy reduction using your sp2. So if you can get good rng and get 4 debuffs and fire of your sp2. then for the duration of the concussion he will not shrug off any more debuffs or should not gain regen so you can build up the debuffs more easily and work towards another sp2. You can also use sp3 as you can tank a sp3 provided you have the indestructible buff available to you, to get 4 stacks.

using all 3 of these should chip away at quite a large amount of his health before you need to go into revives.
    Bidzy7 said:

DrZola said:

Now for Crossbones...

Dr. Zola

That would work for you.

Blade with GR synergy will actually reduce the Bioharazd node proc rate if i'm not mistaken so you can do some nice damage with blade. Plus with his sig ability you can potentially heal up some damage depending how quickly he throws that sp1 after acquiring it

GR Would also work to an extent in removing 25% damage before you will have to deal with the regen again. At That point I'm not sure if you can out damage the heal to keep going or if you have to quit out. You can't reset fate seal without pushing CB to a SP3 which would kill you anyway ( Unless maybe if you had a sp3 defense boost).

LC - even with the class disadvantage should be viable since he is 6* r2. I would look to maybe try and use your sp2's, because with 4 debuffs you get a 100% ability accuracy reduction using your sp2. So if you can get good rng and get 4 debuffs and fire of your sp2. then for the duration of the concussion he will not shrug off any more debuffs or should not gain regen so you can build up the debuffs more easily and work towards another sp2. You can also use sp3 as you can tank a sp3 provided you have the indestructible buff available to you, to get 4 stacks.

using all 3 of these should chip away at quite a large amount of his health before you need to go into revives.
    That looks like the plan. GR is basically an incremental approach, but it will also be interesting to see how much damage Luke can do. Hopefully, Blade gets to be the closer and cleans up only a small amount of remaining health.

Unless of course an OR or a Ghost rains down from on high...

Dr. Zola
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Tip for the last quest, go for the regen path it’s by far the easiest. It may be a bit longer but it’s definitely easier than the shock path, armor break immune, and any other paths. Corvus is able to somewhat out damage the arc overload through the block damage and have at least two charges by the time you enter this path, via by the heimdal with the auto block and the havoc if you kill him with corv.

I took the same path. Used a 4/55 Heimdall for Havok and 3/45 GR for every single fight between Heimdall and Angela (I think she was the last one). Then Blade was able to murder Sentinel. I’m glad that quest ended up being a “cool down” for 6.1 completion.
    Why doesn't Gladiator Hulk activate faceme during "Close Encounters" degen?
  • CpAmericanoCpAmericano Posts: 167
    Sorry posted this in the wrong spot at first ..
    Any recommendation for act 6.1.6

Having trouble with the Havok in the middle...don’t have Angela or vision counter.

Any advice? I usually bring
    Corvus
    Rhulk
    x23
    Magik
    Starky

Having trouble with the Havok in the middle...don’t have Angela or vision counter.

Corvus
    Rhulk
    x23
    Magik
    Starky

Magic and RedHulk would be your best bet
    GG and spamming sp1 works as well
    Stark Spidey also good against him but he ideally needs to be higher ranked

Bidzy7 said:

Corvus
    Rhulk
    x23
    Magik
    Starky

I used venom, just proc armor and go to town on him
    Rotelly said:

Bidzy7 said:

Corvus
    Rhulk
    x23
    Magik
    Starky

Venom does work but is very RNG dependent. If you dont proc the armor up buff then its not a good matchup.
    Bidzy7 said:

Rotelly said:

Bidzy7 said:

Corvus
    Rhulk
    x23
    Magik
    Starky

Venom does work but is very RNG dependent. If you dont proc the armor up buff then its not a good matchup.
    But he is one of the few that proc permanent armor, and is able to deal large amounts of damage. He is also immune to sentinel power drain after the no buff/debuff node expires
  • CpAmericanoCpAmericano Posts: 167
    Venom did the trick.
    Then used Mister Sinister for the mind control path.
    Thank you
    Rotelly said:

Bidzy7 said:

Corvus
    Rhulk
    x23
    Magik
    Starky

• UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    100% over the weekend. Used about 12-13 revives overall. I will say that some of the paths were way more roster dependent than expected though.

Buffed up path was my main concern since I don't have a Corvus but was able to make it through with a team of Heimdall, Magik, Hela, Hyp, and Gulk using only 2 revives. Heimdall took care of Miles, and Hyp took care of SW and Modok easily enough. For Magik I maxed out the Dexterity mastery, procced the two buffs from the Heimdall synergy, and then spammed heavies after I had a Dexterity buff up to one shot her.

Sym Supreme was the real difficulty and where I spent my two revives. I started the fights with a heavy attack, dashed back and held block to get the Heimdall synergies, then spammed heavies until I got to specials. Hela was able to take off 15% health, Hyp took care of the rest in another 3 fights. One fight I did get lucky and I was able to proc 6 furies on Hyp and took off more than 50% of his health in one go. My Hyp is only rank 4.

I can help anybody with any other path that may be considered troublesome. Unfortunately like I said, some of it does seem harder without very specific champs. Probably more than necessary.
    I thought buffed up would be real bad but cleared it without revives using venom. His symbiote counts as a buff....