New Alliance Wars Matchmaking System & Season 8 Details

Comments

• Yohanbark420Yohanbark420 Member Posts: 92
    Thnx to the new war format half of my alliance is working and can not return to finish war. So this is the topic and poll of the day in my ally. b3f4hvrspjfu.jpg changes need to be made .. this system is going to force ally to find new players.
  • QuikPikQuikPik Member Posts: 811 ★★★★
    Found another bug. Our multiplier says 3.4 in tier 5. Our opponents are also in tier 5 so it's not an issue of a tier 5 matched up against a tier 6. I know this has no impact right now but you should look into that.
  • BrowsBrows Member Posts: 41
    edited February 2019
    I don't get this? You still have the same 24 hour window to complete attack phase, while the timing may either be off at the start or the end you still have a full day to attack, move and people still need to sleep, work etc within that.

I get how it's annoying, don't get me wrong, especially if the new start time may line up with everyone being asleep depending where you live but then you get up and have 16 hours straight of awake/attack time.
  • ljballer22ljballer22 Member Posts: 152
    Are there only four members in your alliance? If so, I'd definitely vote "no" too and spring for the find new players option.
  • DonkillazDonkillaz Member Posts: 42
    No way!
  • KpatrixKpatrix Member Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Well, at least next war matchmaking phase starts in 3:15 for us. Hopefully that puts things closer to the right time as announced earlier.
  • ljballer22ljballer22 Member Posts: 152
    Someone really needs to create a sarcasm font. "Some people" can't decipher sarcasm without it.
  • Jraik22Jraik22 Member Posts: 6
    I completely understand the frustration. A lot of my alliance is US based and it working at start time and end time, plus we have to sleep and we have RL to deal with also. But let's not just complain, let's offer solutions.

The solution I have seen the most often, that I believe would work is set up the wars to where you get to select a start time. The 2 alliances matched may even select 2 different start times in which case you compromise right in the middle of those 2 times.
  • LormifLormif Member Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    No matter the time format someone will be working, someone will be sleeping and someone will be able to play. That is the effect of a global game.
  • Fantasy_91Fantasy_91 Member Posts: 243
    Kpatrix wrote: »
    Well, at least next war matchmaking phase starts in 3:15 for us. Hopefully that puts things closer to the right time as announced earlier.

Its the same time as the last war so, I doubt it. Unless you got matched early then and you get matched late this time. RNG now affecting AWA start times. Will your luck hold for a preferred starting time?
  • Jraik22Jraik22 Member Posts: 6
    Yes, that is true, but when 90% of the alliance is US based it just makes it very hard to get on and finish wars, when they started 4 hours earlier then we would normally start. Maybe this isnt the best solution, but it's at least a start.

And I'm not talking from a top level alliance point of view. We only finished in Gold 2 last season.
    Lormif wrote: »
    No matter the time format someone will be working, someone will be sleeping and someone will be able to play. That is the effect of a global game.

• Gridironking92Gridironking92 Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2019
    I've put a lot thought into this new war matching process. It feels like there was an opportunity missed here to coordinate start times based off of an already preexisting feature in the game that the community is used to.
    Alliance quest starts at 3 pm EST every week. The day always changes but the time is always the same the first day of every alliance quest cycle.
    Why then do I currently have an alliance war that just ended at 1030 am EST? I feel like standardizing the start time to 3 pm EST or 11am PST would not have been that difficult of a thing to accomplish and in reality would make this whole timing disaster that seems to have happen for a lot of people go away.
    We are already used to the AQ cycle please make this change kabaam.
    And on top of that I think it may be time to think about eliminating what at this point seems to be an unnecessary locking of champs that are in AQ. With the increasing difficulty in content and more content it's time to stop locking champs that are in AQ out of AW and regular questing.
    Let's #makemcocgreater
  • Daddylonglegs93Daddylonglegs93 Member Posts: 26
    Just finished our first war, and it was as bad as expected. The guy who killed the boss hadn't left his bed yet and half the BG was completely unreachable because they were at work and it was too early for a lunch break. We finished, but again, this new system is so much worse to navigate. I don't even care if you keep everything else the same, just please move the whole thing back four hours so it feels more normal for everyone. I promise you 80% of the timing complaints would vanish overnight. The ones about uneven matchups might stay, but that's on y'all to work on and is apparently harder.
  • SiriusBreakSiriusBreak Member, Guardian Posts: 2,156 Guardian
    edited February 2019
    I don't think they can do a legitimate fixed start time due to the floating nature of matchmaking. Unless War goes into a state of Limbo until it officially kicks off. So for example, you get matched 2 hours into Matchmaking's 4 hour window. Either there, OR after the 20 hour placement phase comes 2 hours of nada. Launching everyone's matchmaking alerts at the same time could setup a fixed start time too. But as is, it's impossible. Perhaps making a system where your start time is pre-designated at the beginning of each Season could help, but Collusion would eventually occur with such. So that's out the window clean and clear. The only logical solution is to shift the time table a few hours so we're back closer to our old schedule. As it stands, this is too damn early. No question about that. Shut it down Kabam. Shut it down before players stop playing. Or not....
  • GetkabmdGetkabmd Member Posts: 3
    So this new matchmaking system is causing some problems. We have players from United States, Europe, and India. How are we supposed to manage our time zones with this new system?

We used to manage it by starting matchmaking at around 2pm pst. This gave ample time to sleep and still have time during AW attack. Now we lost our first war because I was asleep and didn't take down a mini boss node.

How do we fix this kabam?
  • KaptainKaptain Member Posts: 48
    edited February 2019
    We didn't complain about these changes before hand. We wanted to at least give it the benefit of the doubt and try it first....so, yeah, it was as bad or maybe even worse than what we expected. There is no possible way for us to start and end in this timeframe. AW will not be a priority for our alliance while we cannot choose our start time.

Sorry Kabam, you will have to find another way for us to spend resources (or money) in the game because we will no longer be wasting units in alliance wars.
  • Dr_Manhattan13Dr_Manhattan13 Member Posts: 2
    This whole new make everyone start wars at the same time is very inefficient for many time diverse alliances. You make us all start war when people are at work and others are sleeping. The ability to start wars when it best suites alliances a big deal. I get all you guys care about is making your jobs easier no matter the cost to us. If you guys wanted to adjust this you should have made 2-4 hour time blocks throughout the day that alliances could enlist in. This would have alleviated the cheating and been a lot better for the community as a whole.
  • Fordx4broncFordx4bronc Member Posts: 99
    Just finished our first war. As expected boss killers in both alliances were asleep when they were needed. Only 2 bgs cleared for each team. I'm getting messages from 11 of our members stating that they are thinking of retiring. For me this was this first war that did not feel enjoyable what so ever.

Imo the backlash from 12.0 is nothing compared to what is about to happen because of war.
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Member Posts: 444 ★★★
    edited February 2019
    Just finished our first war, and it was as bad as expected. The guy who killed the boss hadn't left his bed yet and half the BG was completely unreachable because they were at work and it was too early for a lunch break. We finished, but again, this new system is so much worse to navigate. I don't even care if you keep everything else the same, just please move the whole thing back four hours so it feels more normal for everyone. I promise you 80% of the timing complaints would vanish overnight. The ones about uneven matchups might stay, but that's on y'all to work on and is apparently harder.

Moving the start time back 4 hours for your alliance, might be ideal, but that doesn’t mean it’s ideal for all alliances (or 80% as you suggested). Many alliances started around 6-7pm est. this still wouldn’t appeal to them.

In AQ, you coordinate time to take down links. In AW, you coordinate time AND resources (boosts) to take down paths. That’s a huge difference and we’re confined to a tighter time window and it being more costly.

If we are keeping this timing system for AW, I recommend increasing the energy cap from 5 to 10.
  • dano357dano357 Member Posts: 106
    I really hope that Kabam can find a way to fix this. There is so much that isn't working with war right now. War is quickly becoming the worst part of this game.

For a lot of us, being in an alliance is more than just about playing the game, there is a huge social aspect to it. It's not just about having 29 other random people available to clear a node so you can move. Many of us have developed friendships thru our in game alliances, and this change is really putting a stress on that.

This right now isn't fun. Thinking about having to make sure folks are awake 3 days a week and ready to kill bosses between before 11am Eastern (worse for other US time zones) while getting ready for work, getting kids to school. Not fun.

On top of that, the rewards aren't even worth it for the effort it takes to coordinate a Plat 3 alliance. Get all these great rewards and glory from AQ, then sink the glory into AW pots instead of rank up materials? Juice is not worth the squeeze.

• Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Member Posts: 444 ★★★
    dano357 wrote: »
    I really hope that Kabam can find a way to fix this. There is so much that isn't working with war right now. War is quickly becoming the worst part of this game.

For a lot of us, being in an alliance is more than just about playing the game, there is a huge social aspect to it. It's not just about having 29 other random people available to clear a node so you can move. Many of us have developed friendships thru our in game alliances, and this change is really putting a stress on that.

This right now isn't fun. Thinking about having to make sure folks are awake 3 days a week and ready to kill bosses between before 11am Eastern (worse for other US time zones) while getting ready for work, getting kids to school. Not fun.

On top of that, the rewards aren't even worth it for the effort it takes to coordinate a Plat 3 alliance. Get all these great rewards and glory from AQ, then sink the glory into AW pots instead of rank up materials? Juice is not worth the squeeze.

If anything, rewards have only gotten worse since AW started. Rewards haven’t increase but nodes have gotten harder. Also T5B is becoming more accessible, especially with it being introduced into the glory store. Now there’s a time constraint.... No thanks, not worth it.
  • ThebgjThebgj Member Posts: 635 ★★
    edited February 2019
    Is there any way to change when war begins? This new start and end time isn’t working for our alliance. I know we have to enlist ahead of time, and then the war search starts when the enlistment time ends. Am I missing something?
  • ThebgjThebgj Member Posts: 635 ★★
    Is there any way to change when war begins? This new start and end time isn’t working for our alliance. I know we have to enlist ahead of time, and then the war search starts when the enlistment tiene ends. Am I missing something?
  • HugeBeanHugeBean Member Posts: 24
    Any thoughts on switching to 2 wars a week, but longer? (3 day wars) - 5 hour matchmaking with 32 hour Placement phase, and 35 hour Attack phase.
    • Longer phases add more flexibility/availability to those in different timezones.
    • Alliance has a longer window in which to 'end' the war. Can finish early obviously.
    • Can allow for more time in between wars, so you don't get as burned out by it.

Just an idea. Might have already been suggested, but I don't have time to scan 22 pages of complaints. The fixed start times are problematic. Increasing the phases > 24 hr in length could help alleviate the problems and still reduce the possibility of gaming the matchmaking system.
  • OteyPreacherOteyPreacher Member Posts: 1
    This first war as a train wreck. First, we were short handed because a guy was locked out even though he was in hours before placement. Second, we were matched against an alliance with a much higher rating. Like 300 points higher... Third, the start times threw everything off because we have players from all over the world. Some guys weren’t even awake when it was time to take the bosses! We always started wars at a time that was workable for everyone in our group. You’ve taken that option away... Fourth, I think our nodes were actually for the wrong tier. We are supposed to be in t4, but we’ve fought enough in t3 to know the difference. We seemed to have t3 nodes all around even though we are t4 atm. Was a real mess @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra
  • MEKA5MEKA5 Member Posts: 344 ★★
    Honestly I wonder how someone came out with the idea on the first place.
    Getkabmd wrote: »
    So this new matchmaking system is causing some problems. We have players from United States, Europe, and India. How are we supposed to manage our time zones with this new system?

We used to manage it by starting matchmaking at around 2pm pst. This gave ample time to sleep and still have time during AW attack. Now we lost our first war because I was asleep and didn't take down a mini boss node.

How do we fix this kabam?

Actually Kabam needs to fix this mess, not us!
    I'm in the same situation. If we're not allowed to start AW in a timeframe that is good for all US and EU members , our alliance (top gold 2 - going to gold 1) won't participate to AW anymore.
  • 1982richard1982richard Member Posts: 32
    edited February 2019
    Terrible update. Stupid fixed times. What do you think, that we are all at home with no work and only mcoc?? Let us self choose when to start aw. Stupid stupid stupid
  • VeggettaVeggetta Member Posts: 42
    The main problem is that attack phase is starting 2-3 hours earlier than with the previous system. Make attack phase start at 11 am PST for all alliances, regardless of the time a match was found. This is, no random start time and all of us can make proper adjustments. It is what we are used to do with AQ.

I managed to enter war with 2:30 minutes left, fight the boss and just needed an extra second for that victory screen to have counted as a boss defeated, as the KO punch arrived just a moment after the clock had ticked 0:00.
  • Sillyboy710Sillyboy710 Member Posts: 33
    OMG what a balls up!
    Don't know how Kabam think that the ability of an alliance to choose the start time of their war is not an essential part of the organisation of 3 BGs across multiple time zones/continents

Just as we start to settle into new AW changes Kabam must rock the boat every time
  • NooboroniNooboroni Member Posts: 1
    So this new matchmaking system was created to keep certain alliances from cheating. But so far, it has hurt the honest alliances with stupid matchmaking times. Our war just ended at 9am PST. Most of us on the west coast are driving into work or are just getting settled in. We generally start 3pm pst/6pm est due to a diverse group. So we start at a time that makes sense. We probably won't be doing war again if this continues.