Early Look: New Alliance Wars Maps - Discussion Thread

Comments

• MenkentMenkent Member Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Go max diversity and win a bunch of 100% wars. Spreadsheet wars are pretty dull - sorry that's what you get now.
  • DocJCDocJC Member Posts: 74
    So about there being no bump in difficulty...some of these nodes man.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Member Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★
    I actually like the new map I think. Getting out of the first section without eating links does require coordination from the whole BG. We sort our BGs by time zone, so this is fine for us. However, once you're on to sec 2, each 3 person team (left, middle right) is free to move at their own pace. The linked nodes are all contained within each 3 player team and do not cross link each other. Same with the boss island. Anyone can reach any mini and attack them at will. Last war the middle and right side teams in my BG cleared the boss after the left went to sleep. It was great:) Our champs were released and the left side just finished their section in the morning.

A few of the nodes probably need to be toned down though apparently. 13 and maybe a couple others. Yes, it was disappointing to learn of the delay to a rewards update, but we'll just take this opportunity to casually practice on the new map and focus on AQ until season 11 comes. Looking forward to resuming competitive war when when this happens though.
  • LuciferiamdevilLuciferiamdevil Member Posts: 80
    edited June 2019
    Even though u know we need some particular champs to counter that degen node and I think there's only one possible counter which is Ghost, you never raise those drop rates and as previously said 5* & 6* are gonna be common for everyone now which is not the case just saying let everyone build first then raise difficulty to this level @Kabam Miike
  • SiriusBreakSiriusBreak Member, Guardian Posts: 2,156 Guardian
    Well, one would assume that we should prepare for a season as is. Truth is, the new node configuration can be learned. It can. Will up our game elsewhere so that's not the biggest issue IMO. The biggest issue is that they're ignoring the Alliances that were internationally built. Alliances that have multiple timezones playing together and that had found a way to make it work prior. Alliances like those will become all but extinct. At least when it comes to competition in AW. They can't. They simply cannot be competitive the way things are.

This would EASILY be remedied by removing 1 link per section in regards to the left, mid, and right. 2 links per section (in the 1st half) would allow timing flexibility across the board, and reduce the chance of bottlenecks occurring. That's a concern that cannot be fixed by simply 'getting good.' Players will either be stuck with regional segregation, or just not compete in AW. Those are essentially the options now. Unfortunately...

I was always under the impression that Kabam encouraged players working with others from different regions. Maps 6 and 7 already make that difficult, but that's higher competition. So tighter organization is necessary. AW was the one place where it didn't matter 100% timing wise. You could get the majority of the links down with 6-7 players (dependent upon placement) and have the other 3-4 come in later to do clean up. Now, it's either fight something linked without 9 in, or wait until 9 are in. Hopefully this aspect will be taken into consideration before the launch of the season this week.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Member Posts: 747 ★★★
    They messed up horribly with war. Nodes are too difficult and too many linked nodes. Messes with timezones. Most alliances absolutely hate war right now. We won't spend a dime on war now. I don't care if they buff the rewards to the moon we're done until big changes happen. We are a plat 3 alliance in a hurry to get to gold 1 or maybe 2. Who cares?
  • RektorRektor Member Posts: 678 ★★★

Well, one would assume that we should prepare for a season as is. Truth is, the new node configuration can be learned. It can. Will up our game elsewhere so that's not the biggest issue IMO. The biggest issue is that they're ignoring the Alliances that were internationally built. Alliances that have multiple timezones playing together and that had found a way to make it work prior. Alliances like those will become all but extinct. At least when it comes to competition in AW. They can't. They simply cannot be competitive the way things are.

This would EASILY be remedied by removing 1 link per section in regards to the left, mid, and right. 2 links per section (in the 1st half) would allow timing flexibility across the board, and reduce the chance of bottlenecks occurring. That's a concern that cannot be fixed by simply 'getting good.' Players will either be stuck with regional segregation, or just not compete in AW. Those are essentially the options now. Unfortunately...

I was always under the impression that Kabam encouraged players working with others from different regions. Maps 6 and 7 already make that difficult, but that's higher competition. So tighter organization is necessary. AW was the one place where it didn't matter 100% timing wise. You could get the majority of the links down with 6-7 players (dependent upon placement) and have the other 3-4 come in later to do clean up. Now, it's either fight something linked without 9 in, or wait until 9 are in. Hopefully this aspect will be taken into consideration before the launch of the season this week.

Thank the alliances that wanted to clear the map for season points while doing the least amount of fights possible and leaving 40 defenders up for their opponents.

Abuse the system and kabam responds. I’m sure they’ll address other forms of manipulation next.
    Rektor said:

Thank the alliances that wanted to clear the map for season points while doing the least amount of fights possible and leaving 40 defenders up for their opponents.

Abuse the system and kabam responds. I’m sure they’ll address other forms of manipulation next.
    Just out of curiosity, what's the benefit of doing this during the Season? Maybe I'm missing something. Leaving that many champs up in T5+ will undoubtedly lead to a loss. I just don't get why this tactic would be employed.
  • RektorRektor Member Posts: 678 ★★★

Rektor said:

Just out of curiosity, what's the benefit of doing this during the Season? Maybe I'm missing something. Leaving that many champs up in T5+ will undoubtedly lead to a loss. I just don't get why this tactic would be employed.
    They found a way to manipulate the system to lose on purpose but still being able to clear the map and skip most of the hardest fights on the old map.

Allows alliances to clear the map with minimal to no item use. Typically done by alliances that know they will probably lose the war, or will win the war at high boost/item cost.

They collect loser points and move on with their season. And their opponent gets heavily inflated scores from defenders remaining which sabotages any alliance not lucky enough to match an in-season tanking alliance like them. If they get a favorable matchup later in the season then they play as normal and win with minimal item use.

Master alliances that have done this the pst 2 season have gotten plat 1/plat 2 rewards at a fraction of what master rewards would’ve cost them.
    Ha... learn something new everyday. Yeah, I get it, and I don't at the same time. I understand that people will bend anything to gain an edge. I do. I just will never understand why people can't keep up the spirit of straightforward competition. Sad really. Unfortunately, it likely will continue.

Actually, now that you mentioned it, I can see how this can be done on the current map too. Ridiculous. I get that things are frustrating in AW, but it is this type of nonsense that ends up screwing the honest players that give it their all. Too often people are so concerned with their own selfish desires, never once thinking of the blowback. Eh, such is life.
  • TomBrady12TomBrady12 Member Posts: 85
    AW right now is just way too hard to be worth even trying to get through. All this off season has been was to a way to find impassible node/champ combos. We now have a bunch of node 29/Killmongers instead of just 1.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Member Posts: 876 ★★★★
    I play in a challenger tier ally and we’ve done a couple of wars on the new map now.

One of the good things about the previous map was the relative lack of node interdependencies. The new map feels too long and with too many links.

Some of the nodes need scaling back too. The ramp up in difficulty feels way too much.
    We’ve gone from nearly always taking all 3 bosses (without necessarily clearing 100%) to wondering how many players will make it to the final section.

I appreciate there is an adjustment period but the new map feels like it’s a step too far.

If there was some intention to increase item use on the new map, I think it might have the opposite affect. Our ally will still do war but likely only use limited or no items at all because the cost vs rewards ratio seems way out of sync.
    Really hope you are planning to delay this season.
  • StellarStellar Member Posts: 1,082 ★★★★
    Gregdagr8 said:

Is wars going to be delayed? Or are we going to really go into this season with all these bugs and impossible node combinations?

As far as we know the season will not be delayed. While the new nodes increased the difficulty in AW, having 2 weeks to acclimate made them a little bit easier.
    As for me, i tried several champions during these two weeks and ranked up some just to be able to do some new lines without too much problems.
    So far I haven't seen much that spells any changes are coming. This is unfortunate. Yes, some bug fixes have been announced, which is nice... but that doesn't address the increase in difficulty and the absolute NEED for 9 players to advance in AW. The Season is supposed to kick off in less than 14 hours by the clock in game. 18 hours til matchmaking starts. With the MANY Alliances that have made it clear they won't be giving it their all, this creates a different problem.

Matches for those that are going to attempt to go at it, will very likely be messy. The many that would've been there either will be reducing BGs, or not joining at all. This likely will lead to odd matches. If this is heavily unbalanced, it will cause an even bigger uproar. Those that constantly get an unfair match they couldn't possibly finish, let alone win are gonna go postal.

Imagine giving this the benefit of the doubt, knowing full well it's gonna be tough, and then getting something next to impossible. This will only add fuel to the already spreading fire. Personally, I want to play AW and have fun. My Alliance mates and I are getting ready to try and do this. We MAY end up doing well as a result of being that unfair match for some. Which, yes, nice for points but at the same time, I like a fair match. Being that would be goliath isn't fun. It's a slaughter. That's not a war.

Situations like the aforementioned may end up being commonplace this season as a result in the reduction of Alliances participating. I can't see that being a good thing for anyone. So, unless we get a message last minute in the afternoon prior to the Season kick off... I guess this will be what we have to work with. I can only hope this situation is taken into consideration. It's very likely to be a common outcome. Then again, maybe not. We shall see soon enough I guess.
  • Loco24x7Loco24x7 Member Posts: 68

So far I haven't seen much that spells any changes are coming. This is unfortunate. Yes, some bug fixes have been announced, which is nice... but that doesn't address the increase in difficulty and the absolute NEED for 9 players to advance in AW. The Season is supposed to kick off in less than 14 hours by the clock in game. 18 hours til matchmaking starts. With the MANY Alliances that have made it clear they won't be giving it their all, this creates a different problem.

Matches for those that are going to attempt to go at it, will very likely be messy. The many that would've been there either will be reducing BGs, or not joining at all. This likely will lead to odd matches. If this is heavily unbalanced, it will cause an even bigger uproar. Those that constantly get an unfair match they couldn't possibly finish, let alone win are gonna go postal.

Imagine giving this the benefit of the doubt, knowing full well it's gonna be tough, and then getting something next to impossible. This will only add fuel to the already spreading fire. Personally, I want to play AW and have fun. My Alliance mates and I are getting ready to try and do this. We MAY end up doing well as a result of being that unfair match for some. Which, yes, nice for points but at the same time, I like a fair match. Being that would be goliath isn't fun. It's a slaughter. That's not a war.

Situations like the aforementioned may end up being commonplace this season as a result in the reduction of Alliances participating. I can't see that being a good thing for anyone. So, unless we get a message last minute in the afternoon prior to the Season kick off... I guess this will be what we have to work with. I can only hope this situation is taken into consideration. It's very likely to be a common outcome. Then again, maybe not. We shall see soon enough I guess.

Agree....just add a few things these forums are put here to express as feedback to Kabam since the AW is going as is and no response it’s unfortunate that all the feedback is going on deaf ears. Also the alliances with Multiple time zones will be a thing of the past our alliance have a few international players and unfortunately a few will be leaving today bc of these changes it’s unfortunate when you have players that you built Camaraderie with over the course of years and or season and gotta let them go bc of timing.
    I love being wrong, lol. This should help many Alliances be competitive this Season. Thanks Kabam. Was getting nervous with all the posts of Alliances dialing back but, HOPEFULLY this will be enough to have more be competitive. Also will in turn make Defense Tactics more manageable once it drops next Season.
    And did you fix matchmaking @Kabam Miike ?

Or will we see another season of 2 low prestige teams win top 3 because they didn’t fight anyone else at the top.
  • StrStr Member Posts: 547 ★★
    edited June 2019
    Thanks for the changes @Kabam Miike they are appreciated.

This will mean that alliances will be going into the new season with new nodes and 0 practice and having to change tactics with very short notice. For future changes could a one week delay be considered? Just so alliances can adjust. Thanks.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Member Posts: 1,197 ★★★★
    The new map, the new nodes definitely takes learning curve that I feel we have adjusted 'slightly' to over the past 2 weeks... Now we need to adjust the day Season 10 starts? Fingers crossed we don't have any bugs/issues with these changes...

• sest22sest22 Member Posts: 933 ★★★
    how badly the changes and adjustments are implemented. at the last moment before starting the season .. very sad as they do things
  • QuikPikQuikPik Member Posts: 811 ★★★★
    And we still have the prestige based match making system that guarantees a certain number of alliances at different prestiges spots within in each tier without ever playing the tougher alliances in that same tier.
  • DarkChyld14DarkChyld14 Member Posts: 37
    Thanks for the timely update Kabam, just like with the changes in map 7 I am sure these will be in the favor of player base and reduce our item use. Also like always I feel there wont be any bugs that might make some fights a "little" hard.
  • Munrolm02Munrolm02 Member Posts: 88
    This does help somewhat because you can't really practice a dual on inverted controls so you kind of got to learn as you go on. I didn't mind the two bosses in the middle linked because everyone wants the other team to have one player that screwed up where they might have to fight through a link just to get to the boss section. Even though it seems toned down defense tactics is going to be what makes these nodes that are linked next to impossible so it does make sense. With the defense tactics there should always be just one minor offensive tactics such as the attacker starts with 15% extra health or gaines x amount of armor or special attack deals more damage so it doesn't look like the cards are always stacked against us
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,501 ★★★★★
    I'm glad they were able to find a workable solution with the feedback in time.