**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

More QoL Updates and Beta Features coming in v33.0!

Comments

• LEGIONERLEGIONER Posts: 9
    Your new functions do not work, errors are given out in the arena after the battle, some players are given 2000 game currencies for the deadpool crystals , while others do not have 500, what happens?
  • CarlyleCarlyle Posts: 17
    Dear Kabam,

so far I know none of my friends can see the possibility of turning Sp3 animations. Both Apple and Android users. I can not see it too. What is the problem?
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Carlyle said:

Dear Kabam,

so far I know none of my friends can see the possibility of turning Sp3 animations. Both Apple and Android users. I can not see it too. What is the problem?

They deactivated skip SP3 due to a visual bug.
  • ricoblricobl Posts: 11
    I just fought with Prof X and it showed around 90-something% special damage even though I haven't thrown any special. It's misleading, it would be better categorised as energy damage (as opposed to physical damage).
    ricobl said:

I just fought with Prof X and it showed around 90-something% special damage even though I haven't thrown any special. It's misleading, it would be better categorised as energy damage (as opposed to physical damage).

Actually, I might have been looking at the wrong column and thinking about damage caused and not damage taken.
  • @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious Enabling the BETA OPT IN option screws up AQ fights. As soon as we hit fight the match will end. This happens as many time as you try to fight in AQ until you turn off BETA OPT IN option.

Video URL : https://youtu.be/uNNpZJ6w7sI

Thanks so much for this video. I'm currently looking into the issue and this helps a lot.
  • @Kabam Zero I really like the stats feature after the fights but I have currently turned this feature off for 1 reason only. It really slows down the arena grind. I hope that when this feature is put permanently in the game that we have the option to activate it for specific modes. When turned off w/ this update, transitioning into fight 1, from 1 to 2, and 2 to 3, the load times really fly and are an incredible enhancement. But when I activate this beta feature, the transition and load times between fights are noticeably slower. I'm not as interested in my arena fight stats, I want the whole process to go as quickly as possible. In my mind, these stats are more useful for AQ, AW, and questing. I hope we can select which modes we see if for. Thanks for your consideration. 👍🏼

I have heard similar feedback elsewhere on this on so looking for solutions. Ideally, the solution is just to make it quicker/skippable. When I was a new user arena was one of the best ways to get exposure to new champs and their abilities so I don't want to take that completely away from them. On the flip side, I totally get the arena grinders goal of getting the most champs through fights as fast as possible so if you have ideas on that, would love to hear it.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,823 ★★★★★

@Kabam Zero I really like the stats feature after the fights but I have currently turned this feature off for 1 reason only. It really slows down the arena grind. I hope that when this feature is put permanently in the game that we have the option to activate it for specific modes. When turned off w/ this update, transitioning into fight 1, from 1 to 2, and 2 to 3, the load times really fly and are an incredible enhancement. But when I activate this beta feature, the transition and load times between fights are noticeably slower. I'm not as interested in my arena fight stats, I want the whole process to go as quickly as possible. In my mind, these stats are more useful for AQ, AW, and questing. I hope we can select which modes we see if for. Thanks for your consideration. 👍🏼

I have heard similar feedback elsewhere on this on so looking for solutions. Ideally, the solution is just to make it quicker/skippable. When I was a new user arena was one of the best ways to get exposure to new champs and their abilities so I don't want to take that completely away from them. On the flip side, I totally get the arena grinders goal of getting the most champs through fights as fast as possible so if you have ideas on that, would love to hear it.
    What about an additional Option in settings for arena? Maybe the system can somehow differentiate between arena and the rest of the game? Hmm difficult
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    edited November 2021

@Kabam ZeroOn the flip side, I totally get the arena grinders goal of getting the most champs through fights as fast as possible so if you have ideas on that, would love to hear it.

How about in Arena's after the KO pops up you can tap and skip to the next figtht/round screen?
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★

@Kabam Zero I really like the stats feature after the fights but I have currently turned this feature off for 1 reason only. It really slows down the arena grind. I hope that when this feature is put permanently in the game that we have the option to activate it for specific modes. When turned off w/ this update, transitioning into fight 1, from 1 to 2, and 2 to 3, the load times really fly and are an incredible enhancement. But when I activate this beta feature, the transition and load times between fights are noticeably slower. I'm not as interested in my arena fight stats, I want the whole process to go as quickly as possible. In my mind, these stats are more useful for AQ, AW, and questing. I hope we can select which modes we see if for. Thanks for your consideration. 👍🏼

Can you respond to some of our requests to change the fading power bar and special button to just fade the special button and leave the power bar visible for us at all times? I know on my device the bar is almost invisible when this happens and I need to be able to see the bar at all times to decide what attack/special to use next but also to be able to see it quickly so I can get my eyes back to the fight. If I have to spend extra time trying to discern the faint power bar I can get hit or miss taking an action I need to.
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★

Crine60 said:

Can you respond to some of our requests to change the fading power bar and special button to just fade the special button and leave the power bar visible for us at all times? I know on my device the bar is almost invisible when this happens and I need to be able to see the bar at all times to decide what attack/special to use next but also to be able to see it quickly so I can get my eyes back to the fight. If I have to spend extra time trying to discern the faint power bar I can get hit or miss taking an action I need to.
    My team wasn't in charge of the change but I can forward your feedback to them.
    Thanks. Can you also let us know, or ask them to let us know, if the fading is the bug fix mentioned in the update notes for the special button causing block sometimes because that issue hasn't stopped for me with that change since it wasn't an issue of trying to use a special when the enemy was but it blocking sometimes when I try to activate special after my combo or when intercepting the enemy?
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,141 ★★★★★

Mabye disable it in arena all together if that’s a possibility because ideally you like to just move to the next fight I’m really like it in offer game mode but aren’t arena I’m trying to be arena grinding this change make me realize why isn’t fun. Another ide is as your saying let us skip it with click atm only way to click is one continue no offer way and I’m having 110 6 star giv op one arena

• WadeWattsWadeWatts Posts: 51
    When is back issue 8 available?
    edited November 2021
    I've found some issues with arenas. Hitting continue after losing a fight took me back to the active daily quest.

And I've seen this screen after every third arena win:

No crashes or data loss though.
  • ricobl said:

I've found some issues with arenas. Hitting continue after losing a fight took me back to the active daily quest.

And I've seen this screen after every third arena win:

No crashes or data loss though.

Known issue but thanks for bringing it up. Will be fixed in the next release.
  • Crine60 said:

Crine60 said:

My team wasn't in charge of the change but I can forward your feedback to them.
    Thanks. Can you also let us know, or ask them to let us know, if the fading is the bug fix mentioned in the update notes for the special button causing block sometimes because that issue hasn't stopped for me with that change since it wasn't an issue of trying to use a special when the enemy was but it blocking sometimes when I try to activate special after my combo or when intercepting the enemy?
    This is not the fix for the issue where you can't throw a Special and Block instead. That is still an issue and we are continuing to work on it, as it is kind of tied to other control issues in-game at the moment. However, it is to help differentiate between when you could and could not throw a special to begin with, which is meant to teach newer players when a Special Attack is available to them.
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    A solution could be to have an option in the settings menu for "Post-fight Quick Skip" which would include the following:
    1. The animation of rewards being displayed before the stats screen would be skipped and it would go immediately into the stats screen (which includes the rewards on the bottom)
    2. The post fight screen can be cleared by tapping anywhere on the screen instead of just by clicking the middle button
    3. The stat screen wouldn't show up in Arena fights at all

This option would be off by default so newer players would get the full experience of being shown the stats and veterans who are used to the game flow can continue at a faster pace while still being able to see the stats if desired.

• 2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★
    The shiny gold that appears after each fight is driving me crazy. It is cool once in a while. The way I play I see it like every 30 seconds. Not fun to burn my retinas. Seriously this is like looking at the sun!

A better solution is a sublet backlight of the gold to create mostly transparent outline of the gold that fades away.
  • SunilDarurSunilDarur Posts: 53

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious Enabling the BETA OPT IN option screws up AQ fights. As soon as we hit fight the match will end. This happens as many time as you try to fight in AQ until you turn off BETA OPT IN option.

Thanks so much for this video. I'm currently looking into the issue and this helps a lot.
    To follow up on this issue. The cause of this issue is if you die with the Beta opt-in in a quest with multiple people in it (AvE, AvA, Incursions) the fight summary will return you to the prefight screen when it shouldn't be(The typical flow in these modes returns you to the questboard). This means that if you re-enter the fight, it causes a server error and tries to boot you back out. While this appears as a timeout in-game it doesn't actually penalize you(no health loss) as this is the way the game goes about handling this error. If you press back on the prefight after losing it will bring you to the home screen(not sure why it's the home screen, it just is) you can then re-enter the quest and it will work as expected. We will be fixing this in upcoming releases.

Thanks for taking this issue in to consideration and providing update @Kabam Zero.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious Enabling the BETA OPT IN option screws up AQ fights. As soon as we hit fight the match will end. This happens as many time as you try to fight in AQ until you turn off BETA OPT IN option.

To follow up on this issue. The cause of this issue is if you die with the Beta opt-in in a quest with multiple people in it (AvE, AvA, Incursions) the fight summary will return you to the prefight screen when it shouldn't be(The typical flow in these modes returns you to the questboard). This means that if you re-enter the fight, it causes a server error and tries to boot you back out. While this appears as a timeout in-game it doesn't actually penalize you(no health loss) as this is the way the game goes about handling this error. If you press back on the prefight after losing it will bring you to the home screen(not sure why it's the home screen, it just is) you can then re-enter the quest and it will work as expected. We will be fixing this in upcoming releases.
    I had to disable the beta today. here are the reasons:

- in arena when you loose a fight you are bring back to the start screen or even inside the quest you started some times ago.
    - in AQ, lost a fight and after revives i was unable to re-enter the fight. each time i pressed the fight button i had a time out screen (3 times). no life loss but still unable to enter the fight without disabling the beta.

Will leave the beta disable for the season to avoid any problem of that kind
  • SpagNidusSpagNidus Posts: 51

A huge difference would be to kill the fade in transitions.this just adds time to the already long 2 part screen.just splash the data up and make it one tap instead of: animation, tap, animation, continue tap. The buttons and data "appearing" like a PowerPoint slows us way down.

• Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 627 ★★★
    Talking about QOL updates, please make smaller maps or allow to zoom out a bit more. It’s annoying to zoom out to the maximum allowed and still have to scroll left/right/up/down A LOT to view the paths, especially when there are many portals.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I really tried @Kabam Zero, but after a couple of fights I had to turn the beta off. This whole analysis thing is great if you want to know it, but in a lot of fights I don't care. Computing the stats just takes more time and adds little benefit to my playing experience. When this is live, can I shut it off?
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    The biggest issue with this is time. It's okay if every fight has it. But the transition from this to the next screen should take the same time and previous if I tap rapidly like usual