Alliance War Season-30 rewards.

Comments

• LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Member Posts: 1,192 ★★★★

🙃

The team is looking into this. We’re not going to take any rewards away from anybody, and will be working to ensure that anybody that missed out on any rewards because of this mistake will get the rewards they should have.

I’ve been sitting on this to get more info, but I think it’s important to get out now. I’m trying to confirm how this affects summoners changing alliances but I don’t have that info yet.

We’ll share more information as soon as we get it.

EDIT: We have confirmed that Summoners are free to change alliances now and any compensation we have to make will still reach them.

Please remember that the rewards include the titles... We been working hard and finally got a "Masters" rank. It's my first one and no, it's not under the most ideal circumstances but to just give difference in season rewards would be insufficient. Please adjust the leaderboard appropiately.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,489 ★★★★★

🙃

The team is looking into this. We’re not going to take any rewards away from anybody, and will be working to ensure that anybody that missed out on any rewards because of this mistake will get the rewards they should have.

I’ve been sitting on this to get more info, but I think it’s important to get out now. I’m trying to confirm how this affects summoners changing alliances but I don’t have that info yet.

EDIT: We have confirmed that Summoners are free to change alliances now and any compensation we have to make will still reach them.

This isn’t as easy as saying anyone who missed out on rewards will get them . Some alliance have benefited from this by getting rewards they wouldn’t have gotten.

In the spirit of the so called fairness how will that be addressed .

How do you suppose they take them back? By the time people get them, Champs will be Ranked, Crystals opened.
  • pseudosanepseudosane Member, Guardian Posts: 3,945 Guardian
    DrZola said:

Getting just what you should have gotten really isn’t good enough if people in your tier are getting more than they should have gotten.

Sure, it’s been done this way in the past. Doesn’t make it right, especially in what the team touts as its major competitive mode.

Dr. Zola

Yeah this is something im concerned about. We worked to p2, and we got bumped down to p3 due the kabam mistake. Sure, we will get the difference and get p2 rewards, but those p3 alliances enjoying p2 rewards? This gets worse as you go up, Top ranked teams that actually shouldnt? how is that going to be addressed here?
    There is no perfect solution in a situation that isn't perfect. If people get the Rewards they are due, that should be enough. Let's be honest here. It wasn't their fault either, and you're just creating more work to try and reverse them. It's not the end of the world that they got more. We're not talking exponential here. For the record, I wasn't affected. I just think well enough is well enough.
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Member Posts: 551 ★★
    Have they stopped giving out ANY rewards? Just curious because I haven't received anything on either of my 2 accounts, thanks!
  • rwhackrwhack Member Posts: 1,058 ★★★

🙃

So if you didn’t get rewards you should have you can sort of double dip. If you got rewards you shouldn’t have you keep them. If you got rewards you should have you keep them. This means that those in the third group get the least when you “fix it”. LOL.

Just rerank and double up.
  • LpooLpoo Member Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Getting just what you should have gotten really isn’t good enough if people in your tier are getting more than they should have gotten.

Sure, it’s been done this way in the past. Doesn’t make it right, especially in what the team touts as its major competitive mode.

Dr. Zola

In this scenario, someone who should have gotten Gold 2 rewards, but ended up with Gold 3 rewards, will end up with both sets of rewards.
    We got Gold 2 rewards and our rank wasn’t affected since we were safe enough. So we just get one set of rewards?
  • KyriosRaisKyriosRais Member Posts: 65
    now just please let us know the exact action of your HQ team. Do not use any confusing language. Just a clear one,
    Reward getting re-roll based on corrected rank for ALL allies (means double AW reward) or your team will give compensation to us?? which one ??
    DrZola said:

Jmille85 said:

All I know is before war 10 we were Gold 2… I don’t understand how after 5 days of Kabam “fixing the math” you all still got it wrong and we ended up Gold 3. I guess it’s a good thing that at this point with the previous game problems that have been going on recently I did not trust Kabam to do the calculations correctly so I took screenshots of our total before war 10 which we were told would not count but still somehow did…

I REALLY hope you make this right… I’m so over the mess ups in this broken game…

You shouldn’t have to take screenshots because you’re worried about the game recording your correct war ranking.

Dr. Zola

There is no perfect solution in a situation that isn't perfect. If people get the Rewards they are due, that should be enough. Let's be honest here. It wasn't their fault either, and you're just creating more work to try and reverse them. It's not the end of the world that they got more. We're not talking exponential here. For the record, I wasn't affected. I just think well enough is well enough.

100% disagree. The effort at high levels of AW to hit the next tier is significant and is rarely F2P. I doubt alliances who pushed to hit Master or Platinum ranks and missed because of the error will be as willing to say “eh, bygones.”

In a competitive mode (one which the team makes a big deal out of), I’m amazed that anyone would conclude it’s fine to dump on the adversely affected players simply for lack of a perfect solution or some extra work.

Dr. Zola
    This is already a complex enough situation as it is. It is just plain overboard to worry about people who inadvertently got more. People are due the Rewards they earned. Turning it into a process of weeks to manually revert everything is just plain sour.
    rwhack said:

DrZola said:

Jmille85 said:

All I know is before war 10 we were Gold 2… I don’t understand how after 5 days of Kabam “fixing the math” you all still got it wrong and we ended up Gold 3. I guess it’s a good thing that at this point with the previous game problems that have been going on recently I did not trust Kabam to do the calculations correctly so I took screenshots of our total before war 10 which we were told would not count but still somehow did…

I REALLY hope you make this right… I’m so over the mess ups in this broken game…

You shouldn’t have to take screenshots because you’re worried about the game recording your correct war ranking.

Dr. Zola

100% disagree. The effort at high levels of AW to hit the next tier is significant and is rarely F2P. I doubt alliances who pushed to hit Master or Platinum ranks and missed because of the error will be as willing to say “eh, bygones.”

In a competitive mode (one which the team makes a big deal out of), I’m amazed that anyone would conclude it’s fine to dump on the adversely affected players simply for lack of a perfect solution or some extra work.

Dr. Zola
    This is already a complex enough situation as it is. It is just plain overboard to worry about people who inadvertently got more. People are due the Rewards they earned. Turning it into a process of weeks to manually revert everything is just plain sour.
    Weeks?

It could be done in hours at worst.
    We waited days for a score change. You think they're going to manually Rank down Champs and remove Crystal spoils in hours? Hmm...
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Member Posts: 1,026 ★★★★
    It appears war ratings are still incorrect as well, we still have the same rating as we did after we lost war 10.
  • Legend300Legend300 Member Posts: 42
    I know my rewards are the same no matter what but our rank should change. From what I understand kabaam wasn’t supposed to count last war. But our rank changed 3x. We ranked 135
    Plat 4 before the chaos. Lost to a war that wasn’t suppose to count . But then today was ranked 169 instead of staying at 135 🤦‍♂️🤔. This needs to be adjusted. And can I suggest something things happening on the weekend maybe have someone that can somehow reply to summoners instead of leaving them in the dark until Monday. Having things go haywire on a weekend should have someone to assist and not wait till Monday to get a reply imo.
  • LBN1LBN1 Member Posts: 192 ★★
    War ratings seem wrong. We were Silver 1, last war was not supposed to count, then we dropped to Silver 2. Seen many other posts of alliances dropping 1 rank...
  • banner993_1banner993_1 Member Posts: 2
    Hello guys. I had pointed out the problem in another post. our alliance also suffered a miscalculation. before do war 10 we were in gold 1 (as per screen). I kindly ask the kabam if they can take this into account, because it seems to us really unfair to spend resources and time to see us then robbed like this.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,301 Guardian

Hello guys. I had pointed out the problem in another post. our alliance also suffered a miscalculation. before do war 10 we were in gold 1 (as per screen). I kindly ask the kabam if they can take this into account, because it seems to us really unfair to spend resources and time to see us then robbed like this.

There are a lot of threads and posts flying around, so it’s worth mentioning here that as far as I can tell, *everyone* was miscalculated. There’s no need to report further miscalculations in that sense. Alliances far away from bracket boundaries are likely to see the same rewards either way, but highly ranked or alliances near bracket boundaries could have been incorrectly bumped down one bracket and gotten season rewards one bracket lower. Kabam is aware of this and working on a solution.

So there’s no confusion, I have no desire or intent to discourage anyone from further discussing this dumpster bonfire. I’m just saying everyone involved is aware this is not an isolated incident. It was not a glitch that impacted a few alliances, it was a calculation error in reversing out war #10 that affected every alliance fighting in that war.

Incidentally, for anyone wondering how many alliances could have been impacted by the calculation error, given how far an alliance can typically rise or fall due to an especially good win or bad loss, I would estimate the number to around 500 to 1000 alliances. That’s my guesstimate for about how many alliances are close enough to bracket boundaries to have their rewards adversely impacted if they halted fighting the war and in effect lost those points relative to the average alliance nearby. The number could be lower, but this is the reasonable worst case scenario. Not an insignificant number.

It is also possible that the impact could be higher than one would ordinarily think due to the fact that it is more likely that alliances in competitive spots (high tier, or near the boundary between brackets) would lay off war #10 the moment they heard of the cancellation. They are more likely to be pushing every war and spending resources on those wars. They are less likely to continue pushing and spending once the war had no value. Meanwhile alliances in less competitive or “safe” parts of brackets are more likely to just keep going for the heck of it, since they don’t normally spend or push anyway. This could cause more leapfrogging in bracket position than you’d expect due to random chance.
  • KurtxzKurtxz Member Posts: 28
    edited December 2021

🙃

So let me get this straight. ASR, 2nd on the podium now, who will go down in master (top 10) will get another batch of rewards. So they will have podium rewards and top10 master rewards. How is that fair?
  • Gegge93Gegge93 Member Posts: 1
    My alliance lost 40th position in the graduate...we are in platinum 3 position 169 at nine 9...now we are in position 2 platinum 4...this is so stupid for kabam....he tell me that the position can we change at the finish of the season...but the war ten don 't be calculated for the final result
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,764 ★★★★★
    Kurtxz said:

🙃

So let me get this straight. ASR, 2nd on the podium now, who will go down in master (top 10) will get another batch of rewards. So they will have podium rewards and top10 master rewards. How is that fair?
    "Missed out". If ASR didn't get what they were supposed, then they'll get something. If they moved up and got higher, they'll get to keep it. It's an easier solution than trying to recalculate everything and take away something. ASR is t the only one, there are tons of alliances in lower brackets that will likely be the same way.
  • Gildarts99Gildarts99 Member Posts: 374 ★★
    Happened to us too.we were golf 2 before getting the news and didn't continue with the next war prior to the mail we received that the war wasn't gon be counted.then today rewards comes and we being placed at gold 3.but, the game has being like that for a long time that frankly some of us have lost concerns.we shall play when we feel we wanna and kabam do what you think you wanna. As long as you don't spend money on this gam and don't play like it's a job u gotten.its a win win for me.
  • FlyGalaxyBombFlyGalaxyBomb Member Posts: 778 ★★★
    I outlined my thoughts here-
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/290012/alliance-war-s30-final-standings-war-10-issue#latest
    Would love to copy and paste it into here but can't really do that :/
  • KurtxzKurtxz Member Posts: 28

Kurtxz said:

🙃

"Missed out". If ASR didn't get what they were supposed, then they'll get something. If they moved up and got higher, they'll get to keep it. It's an easier solution than trying to recalculate everything and take away something. ASR is t the only one, there are tons of alliances in lower brackets that will likely be the same way.
    Still isn't fair. They get to keep rewards they didn't deserve and they get closer to their second r4.
  • FredericogoulartFredericogoulart Member Posts: 13
    it's unbelievable what we're going through, we play hard, we spend a lot of time planning and practicing to get our best performance. For the first time we would have a 100% Brazilian alliance on the podium, and now we are going through this nightmare. We can't believe that the company will not live up to what it has attested to, that the tenth war would not count towards the final score of the season. we need an urgent solution to this problem.